Shopping Like Roleplayers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we still be able to gift items using the new system?

Amelia Cosgrove said:
Will we still be able to gift items using the new system?
Yes, but not directly right out of the gate. You'll need to purchase the items and then a staff member can move them from one inventory into another at your request.
In the future, I hope to make it so users can send/accept gifts from the inventories, but that wasn't a priority.

I've just finished flipping all the appropriate switches and making a few key edits - the new system is entirely live!
While students will have to wait for the Brightstone Weekend tomorrow to test it out and satisfy their sweet-tooth at Honeyduke's, non-student characters can see what making purchases can look like by starting a topic in any shop forum now.
[member]Why not pick up a fresh quill at Scrivenshaft's?[member]

Tiny question... Other than clicking the link in the PM is there a way for shopkeepers to access the shop system to make changes? I can't see any link to the control panel in the shop forum itself & dunno if I'm just missing something or if it's only accessible from the PM. Love the way the shopping basket system looks though, I'm really excited about all this! :D

Amy needs some sweets I think :r

Ruby Folsom said:
Tiny question... Other than clicking the link in the PM is there a way for shopkeepers to access the shop system to make changes? I can't see any link to the control panel in the shop forum itself & dunno if I'm just missing something or if it's only accessible from the PM. Love the way the shopping basket system looks though, I'm really excited about all this! :D
Right now, it's a link if you start a new topic in the bottom right of the shop box you'll see "Manage this shop" in your shop.
Working to get that on the main shop forum page, too (I thought it was) but it may take a few minutes when I have time.
The "manage this shop" link now appears in the main forum view of your own shop (not only the posting view).

Who will have the first completed sale using the new system? :cyndi:

Are item descriptions present outside of the shop management?

Not currently, haven't found a good way to display them in the limited space yet.

Will the Ice Cream Parlour and other food places be added to this shop system? Just wondering as it is under the shops group but an eatery establishment.

I feel like it'd be odd to go through someone's inventory and see "vanilla swirl ice-cream" or "steak and mash potatoes" :lol:
I think like the difference between them and like, a sweets shop is that lollies are usually a take home thing, and kind of something you can incorporate into a role play more easily?

Very true xD Though even lollipop is weird as seeing it'll remain there after the thread you might use it in... So imagine in ten ic years and they still have that lollipop in their inventory xD But the Ice Cream shop is going to offer the take home containers for ice creams where you pick the flavors you want and take them with you. Bringing this shop into modern ice cream shop age xD

I just wonder how we might increase interactions of shopkeepers and employees with customers in the food places if they aren't in the shop system, though it is understandable why they haven't been in the shop system. Other than holding events at the shop, which I have idea(s) brewing already.

Like Nick mentioned in shouty, the 'pay me' feature on our profiles (it is right next to your galleon amount) are still active and can be used for the restaurants. Perhaps posting a reminder saying you welcome tips, payment for food will remind people to drop a few galleons your way based on what they eat or drink or good service. :)

Then, I think it's also important for restaurant owners/employees to actually be active in their areas. The interaction itself is up to those of you with those positions.

I am busy revamping the menu now. Would take me longer in this coding stuff.

Georgiana Night said:
Very true xD Though even lollipop is weird as seeing it'll remain there after the thread you might use it in... So imagine in ten ic years and they still have that lollipop in their inventory xD
Maybe instead of the food item being in the inventory forever, it could 'expire' after 10 days or something? It would give opportunity for those who own a restaurant to RP more and add more involvement for those who work there rather than just organising events all of the time to keep the activity up. But I can understand if this is not possible, I'm just trying to suggest something for those who may be feeling left out with this new update ^_^

Professor Landon Carter said:
Georgiana Night said:
Very true xD Though even lollipop is weird as seeing it'll remain there after the thread you might use it in... So imagine in ten ic years and they still have that lollipop in their inventory xD
Maybe instead of the food item being in the inventory forever, it could 'expire' after 10 days or something? It would give opportunity for those who own a restaurant to RP more and add more involvement for those who work there rather than just organising events all of the time to keep the activity up. But I can understand if this is not possible, I'm just trying to suggest something for those who may be feeling left out with this new update ^_^
I like this idea, only with a suggestion to add it as a 'receipt' in the inventory. All other items are just dropped directly into inventory, but food could have a little receipt of purchase like "Purchased: Steak & Mash, Hog's Head, 5ʛ" and the IC (or OOC, whatever works) date, instead of never appearing in the inventory at all or disappearing after a certain period of time. It'd be kind of nice little reminder of roleplays in the restaurants and make them significant. I'd like to be able to look into my inventory and be like "Aw that's when Wren took Aspara out for dinner!"

I don't know if that would work, probably not, but it's worth thinking about.

It's now possible to track down what shop you'll need to buy your items in by using the item search feature at the top of any forum that has shop subforums in it.
Example: http://hogwarts.nz/forum/3007169/

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back