Rumor Has It V.9.

Anonymous

Hello and welcome to your 9th edition of the new and spectacular 'Rumor Has It' Gossip Magazine. And we know how much everyone loves gossip, what with posters going around the school, whispers whispered, and we uncover and reveal them to you.

GODRIC'S PERSONAL PUNKS
tumblr_nyckady3Tm1qhzjubo7_250.png
tumblr_nyckady3Tm1qhzjubo8_250.png

H A V E Y O U H E A R D ?
Were you guys at sorting? I thought my ears deceived me when I heard the surname. I thought it was only in History of Magic, if you can even stay awake in there. But no, apparently, we have our new celebrities here at the school! Lyra and Link Potter. Yes, Potter. Harry Potter's grandkids, apparently. But we know that unless you, Link and or Lyra, stop the big bad leader bent on taking over the world, you are just going to be a couple of normal kids. You might be somewhat known, somehow, in England but welcome to New Zealand where you are as normal as the next kid who was picking his nose during class. But, as we seen, there seems to be some favoritism showed toward them already! Link Potter was busted at the beginning of this year, antagonizing Slytherins (yet best friends with one, what a hypocrite) even though his dad would have never been born if it weren't for Snape! Yet, he was not punished for causing such mayhem in the dungeons and distress toward his peers. His catcher? Professor Kingsley. Next, Lyra stirs up some trouble as well, which involved her getting hit in the face with a book thrown by Lanithro Styx. Lyra apparently lied to her Head of House, and was not punished. And she was sneaking out to go to the towers with Charlotte Owens and Silus Hollister. I heard that their head of house is actually the Potters' aunt. Merlin's beard, Styx is harder on his kids than his students! Seems like Professor Kingsley needs to shape up her priorities.

Brought to you by:
- B

A CHAOTIC TRIANGLE
tumblr_nyckady3Tm1qhzjubo2_250.png
tumblr_nyckady3Tm1qhzjubo3_250.png
tumblr_nyckady3Tm1qhzjubo4_250.png

Rumor's have surrounded this boy and his untimely departure from the school for weeks, months even, but let's be clear, that's old news, there is something far more interesting brewing. Love triangles are complicated enough but this is just chaos. We all know Scarlet Joussane, fifth year Hufflepuff, Hufflepuff seeker and Alana Finch, third year Slytherin, Slytherin alternate Keeper, now we'd think that these two would never run in the same circles but it seems that a certain freshly expelled student has them running circles around one another. Rumor Has It that while Alana and Chaos are engaged, Scarlet has been owling Chaos non-stop since the boy's departure, this has been causing tension between Alana and Scarlet which almost ended in an all out brawl had it not been for Havoc stepping in. Now, let's pull this apart a little, the important question is that is Chaos even capable of love? Alana doesn't love him, and we have a feeling that the feeling is mutual, and with Scarlet, she's not well liked, dramatic to the point where some former students RHI enjoyed picking on might be jealous. We have struggled in fact to find anyone who actually likes her, but she appears to have fixated on Chaos and we believe that this is almost entirely because of the fact she just doesn't have any other friends and is desperate for attention from anyone, the same for which could be said for Chaos who might not feel love but is surely enjoying the attention of his loving fan. Perhaps that part of the triangle is just an attraction of desperation but which complicates things especially considering this relationship between Scarlet and Chaos can only end with heartbreak considering her blood and his family, and Alana will have to be the one to end up with him, much to the annoyance of Scarlet.

Brought to you by:
- T

WANNABE ANYTHING BUT RAVENCLAW
tumblr_nyckb33v3l1qhzjubo3_250.png

Most people go through their angsty years when they are actually teenagers. But lo and behold, we have the moodiest kid around - and he's only a firsty. No matter where Silus Hollister is, a dark and stormy cloud follows him. I mean, everyone has their days right? But this kid has his life. Has anyone ever seen him smile? Does he even know what happiness is? So far, he's been known to punch another kid (probably for smiling), risk someone else's life in a climbing race (?), and to pull out knives! Why is he allowed to be in this school? The Headmistress needs to do some serious background checks on the kids that are coming into this school. Silus has serious anger issues, especially for someone so young. How bad can your life be?! Get a grip kid, there's more to life than punching people because they don't like the way you look - because I don't think many people will ever like the way you look. You're about as bright as a black hole, and twice as dense. We've already had one expulsion this year, and I don't think Silus is far behind.

Brought to you by:
- R

STAR-CROSSED LOVERS
tumblr_nyckb33v3l1qhzjubo9_r1_250.png
tumblr_nyckb33v3l1qhzjubo7_r1_250.png
tumblr_nyckb33v3l1qhzjubo8_r1_250.png
tumblr_nyckb33v3l1qhzjubo6_r1_250.png

Now, we have probably seen, or rather, not seen, two people around the castle nowadays. We have seen the Snow twins, well, the male counterparts. Jean and Lucien Snow. The swoons on legs. I have heard through the grapevine that the two of them are no longer on the market. Sorry ladies. First of all, let's talk about the Slytherin, the one that did not do anything special to earn the prefect badge over his best friend. Anyway, Lucien has been seen, many times, snogging the daylights out of Clara Antolini. She is a sixth year Hufflepuff Prefect that Lucien seems to adore. But through the same grapevine, I have heard that Lucien does not even like Clara. Clara is just some hot girl that he can manipulate. Clara does seem to be a little on the dense side to be blind that her relationship with Lucien is just toxic. It will destroy her from the inside out, and it does not seem to be working through her brain. Do you guys think that she is just desperate for attention like I do? I would say so. I just hope that Clara will realize just how bad he is for her before it is too late. But if she doesn't, who would feel sorry for her? Anyway, moving on to the other twin, Jean. Jean is a Gryffindor prefect that was seen with a Hufflepuff for the dance. The name escapes and doesn't mean anything since she was no one important. Who is important to Jean is the muggle-born Victoire Fontaine. We heard that Victoire did not enjoy her date with Alexander Carter, who has the puppy eyes for young Victoire, because of Jean. What a love square or whatever. Their love is doomed. Lucien won't let Jean date a mudblood. Sorry Victoire. You best be finding another broom to ride.

Brought to you by:
- B

H A V E Y O U H E A R D T H E S E R U M O R S ?
[ul][li]Emilee, the new transfer, was seen messing with a muggle born. Is she a pure-blood, or just faking it? Either way, gross, cause the boy was a third year!</LI>
[li]Rumor has it has heard that the slytherin have been less than loyal as of late, the trademark loyalty which defines that house has been less that forthcoming among those first years, has Styx lost his touch in instilling the values or is this lot forsaking their house for other loyalties. Much like how it seems that Professor Kingsley has just lost complete control of those Gryffindors, causing havoc and chaos at all turns, and nothing the professor does seems to be able to stop them.
[li]The current head girl is quite something isn't she? Appears to have it all being in such a position, but let's be honest the only people who ever like her have either left the school or are professors. The other prefects barely respect her authority, has there ever been a more unpopular head girl? From what RHI has gathered the head people have rarely ever been that popular but will Rhiannon join the hall of fame for most hated?
[li]Heard of that new Deputy? Rumor has it that he slept his way to the top. Sleeping with a widow to get your job? How low can you get?
[li]We've heard some rumblings about two certain Seventh year girls constantly sneaking off to darker sections of the school, but to the Gryffindor, you are far more into her than she is to you, we've heard that all she cares about is to show how cool and edgy she is, and that she really doesn't care about you at all.[/li][/ul]
BIRD AND SNAKE ENTANGLED
tumblr_nyckady3Tm1qhzjubo5_250.png
tumblr_nyckady3Tm1qhzjubo6_250.png

Apparently, over the break there was a huge party for older students, sixth year and older (sorry kids). There was much drinking and boozing to be enjoyed. The party did not seem to stop, even for long time rivals, Belladonna Metzger and Vladimir Zhefarovich. In case you all don't know, Belladonna and Vladimir have been at each other's throats for the past six years. But, word goes that the two of them went upstairs, and did not come back down for a long time. How interesting considering their history. I thought that the two of them were going to be killing each other. Apparently, their hatred for each other was only a fib to cover up their true feelings. Or, maybe it is a bit deeper than that. We all know that Belladonna Metzger is a Part-Veela, and has the ability to charm boys. Perhaps this was what happened? She decided to use her charms to get back at Vladimir after so many years of torture, to get him in bed with her. Talk about low if she needs to resort to her magical charms to get someone like Vladimir into bed. Perhaps it was a desperate move of a desperate woman. She might be pretty and all, but her attitude really doesn't bring the men to her table. And Vladimir, of all people. Handsome as he is, the Slytherin Prefect has his nose up in the air about everything and everyone. Talk about slumming down. But everyone, imagine their children. *shudders*

Brought to you by:
- B

PEDOPROFESSOR RETURNS?
tumblr_nyckady3Tm1qhzjubo1_250.png

Since the last publication of our beloved paper much has changed in the teaching staff of the school. Professor Takuya Blaze and resident pedobear has now left the school surely on to bigger better things, but alas this semester in enters Professor Claire Blaze, from what we hear is that these two are related, so the question is, will she be exactly like him? Rumor has it, that those who remember the old Professor Blaze assume this one to be exactly like the last and have been telling others to watch out. At this point RHI can only assume what these two are, she could well be his wife and she is young enough to be his type, but carrying that last name within these halls we don't doubt about their perhaps similarities between them. Can we expect her to be almost exactly the same as him, or is she worse, even does she know the legacy the old Blaze held. So, kiddies, keep away and report any suspicious activities to those head of houses, and to the headmistress who hired her, let's hope you don't regret that choice. And Rumor Has It will keep it's ear to the ground and report back on any findings, should you find anything, be sure to let us know.

Brought to you by:
- T

STUDENTS + PROFESSORS = CHAOTIC CHILDREN
tumblr_nyckb33v3l1qhzjubo1_250.png
tumblr_nyckb33v3l1qhzjubo2_250.png

Oh dear, the first years aren't the only ones giving our dear Headmistress a run for her money this year! Though, may I just say the first years are out of control. They really do need a good shove back down to the bottom of the food chain, but more about that later. However, it seems Professor King can't even keep her staff under control. Professor Summers and Professor Frost took potions to make themselves younger at the beginning of the term in order to start a giant food fight in the Great Hall. Not only did they lie and trick students, they caused a giant mess! Are these really the type of people that should have influence over young, impressionable minds? Professor King didn't even bat an eye. The Professors only got a slap on the wrist for all the lies and tricks. It sets an excellent precedent for the troublemakers in the school. We had hoped our Headmistress was made of tougher stuff than that. If she can't do her job, maybe the Minister should replace her. With all the nepotism in that family I think we know who his first choice would be. Not that Professor Kingsley would be any tougher on the staff and students.

Brought to you by:
- G

REBEL WITHOUT A REAL CAUSE
tumblr_nyckb33v3l1qhzjubo5_r1_250.png
tumblr_nyckb33v3l1qhzjubo4_r1_250.png

There have been some talk about this forest protest that happened last semester. We all know about it. But only the really stupid or daring (can hardly tell the difference to be honest with you) attended. Needless to say, it was a shock to not have any Slytherins attending. However, the king of the flowers organized it. We all know him. We have all heard his ridiculous stances when it comes down to the school and the borders. Orwell Brocken, a boy that transferred in last year, has made no progress when it came down breaking down the rules we have for the school. What I don't understand is the sheer fact that he goes to a magical school, and expects everything to be like the village or whatever he lived in. I am sure that we have a more logical and reasonable boundaries, which we all have. It prepares us for the world, and for f**k's sake, why wouldn't we have a border and rule against the forest that has centaurs and huge spiders? I mean, they need a home (and likely were here first and the centaurs hate students within it). Would Orwell finally understand that his protest to open the forest will leave a student dead? Surely we remember the life of a little part-goblin that lost his life to the centaurs years ago for going into the forest? Perhaps Orwell secretly wants us all to fall to the centaurs' wrath. I've gone on a lot about Orwell and the protest, but several witnesses caught Archie Renner sleeping with (not in that way yet) Orwell, and then linking their hands together. Come on, Archie, get yourself out of his ass. Would you want to spend time with a male that may want students to risk their lives for no reason other than sheer pleasure?

Brought to you by:
- B

H A V E Y O U H E A R D T H E S E R U M O R S ?
[ul][li]By the looks of the last two games, Gryffindor's Qudditch team hasn't been practicing at all. Apart from the fact that half their team are either first years or new to the game. There is so much failure and discord in the team, it's no surprise that not a single member is good at playing.
[li]It's unsure whether this even needs to be mentioned, but a surprising amount of you are really as daft as you look, so here it is; Avie Mitchell is the world's biggest idiot. Yes, even dumber than you. I don't think anyone is quite sure how he is even passing. Don't let his sunny disposition fool you - it's all a trick so he can steal your homework.
[li]If there were anyone more annoying than Hemi Te Rua, then I don't want to meet them. It'd be hard to come by this kid without some sort of trick up his sleeve. He seems to have convinced a half-giant to be his companion, which is weird considering his tiny size. Needless to say, they both probably have tiny brains.
[li]Seems like everyone is just burning themselves lately. James Adams apparently blew himself up on the lawns. Remind me, how is this guy a prefect? How many times has he gotten into trouble? I heard he was bullying first year Slytherins too! Come on, man. You are a sixth year.
[li]Professor King shows she doesn't know anything once more. There is a Scitorari behind the walls of the school! Rumor has it that it was actually Professor Frost. She was seen with one of those special rings! Beware of Frost turning you in to the Scitorari!
<LI>[li]Hufflepuff finally has a new head of house, but we've heard rumours of her being as useless as the last, and despite one of their students being expelled, Hufflepuff seemed to almost function better without a head of house. Is that an indication of how boring hufflepuffs are or how head of houses are just completely useless?[/li][/ul]
So there you have it kids. Owl us with any rumors - whether its something you've seen, or something you want to spread, we want it all!
Remember, the Eyes are watching you.
OOCOut of Character:
Remember, if you know who we are, then do not say a word, thank you.
Be realistic with your posts. Not everyone will find this funny, especially those that were written about.
The magazine also has a twitter that some have already located. For some recent gossip, follow us @HNZRumorHasIt

We don't condone bullying in any way, shape, or form; however, we acknowledge that bullying is something experienced by students, even those in the magical community.

Massimiliano had been late to eat that day, and came in to a swarm of chatter. The Ravenclaw was completely out of the loop, only having been at the school for less than a year. He wasn't sure if he should bother himself with the magazine, but his curiosity overtook him, and so he found a spot on the Ravenclaw table and began to read. What he was met with surprised him. He new it wouldn't be the Hogwarts Monthly, as he was involved in its production process, but he had never thought that there was a gossip magazine in the school as well. He frowned, and gave a quick flick through. Naturally, he didn't really find anything too horrible with regards to himself or someone he knew (he didn't really know that many people anyway). He put the magazine down and moved away from the table with a plate of food. It was starting to get a little too hectic for him, and he never liked being in large groups - especially with something toxic like a gossip magazine running around.

Emilee walked into the Great Hall, a feat in itself for the girl who rarely went anywhere. She looked around and could feel that something wasn't right already, though she didn't yet care. She strolled casually down the length of the Slytherin tables until she found a place she wanted to sit. She ate her food quickly and in complete silence thinking about what she could use as potion ingredients before she finally registered something was wrong. Someone in a younger year looked at her. Asked if she was Emilee and then handed her a magazine. Emilee frowned at it before flipping it open. The first couple of articles meant little to her. Harry Potter's Grandkids, a boy in her year hooking up with someone, a love triangle? something about inappropriate Professors and a couple of other things, it wasn't long until she got to the source of her own drama. Her name, alongside the words muggleborn and faking it. "What?!" It was rare for Emilee to yell, but this was inexcusable! It was hard enough as it was to control her sisters, how was she supposed to do that if she was fraternising with mudbloods. It was completely untrue. Emilee stood angrily and tore the paper in half. "Any of you little shits, if I find out you wrote this, I'll make you all into potion ingredients!" How dare someone tell her she was messing around with dirty blood. Messing around, gross.

There was so much change since Vladimir Zhefarovich came back from the holidays. He looked even more stressed than one could think possible across his stone cold eyes. He was sitting at his Slytherin table, not talking to anyone. Next to him was his uncle who was also a prefect. Vladimir felt someone nudge a sheet of paper next to him, and he looked down at it. A feeling of dread washed over his tall form as he took the piece of paper away from Ivaylo. He looked it over, and noticed at once there was a picture of him. He looked over the story that spilled exactly what happened between him and Belladonna that night. His face paled before he threw it to the side, whipped out his wand and made the article vanish from sight. Vladimir stood up, and had no idea what someone was thinking when they wrote that. However, someone at the party knew about that. Which means they were an older student. Vladimir mentally swore that he would make them pay. It would be a favor to the world if he did this. If he could find that someone that is. Just needed to search.

Matthew rubbed his eyes in disbelief as he read the latest issue of the schools gossip paper. Usually he wouldn't bother with such garbage but the copy had been laying unattended at the Ravenclaw table when he sat down for breakfast and out of curiosity he picked it up and gave it a read through. Most of the stories in there sounded plausible and some he even knew to be true, poor Clara. One however really stuck out. Alana was in the paper, Matthew’s heart skipped a beat just reading the Slytherin girls name but what came next deeply disturbed the Ravenclaw. She was engaged? To CHAOS? The psycho Hufflepuff expelled for trying to set fire to a kid. The paper seemed to think Alana didn't love the boy she was engaged to and he couldn't blame her but Matthew couldn't help but wonder. If she was engaged what was even doing with him? Had all this been some game to distract herself from her fate all at the expense of Matthews's ferlings. The Ravenclaw shook his head as he folded the paper up and slipped it into his robe. Suddenly without an appetite he left the hall. Should he find Alana? Or did he already know all he needed to.

Desislav noticed the pile of magazines as he entered the Great Hall. Grabbing one, he headed to his house table for breakfast, reading as he ate. Most of the stories were stupid about students snogging and in love. "Boring" he mumbled under his breath. There was one about the incident that had happened at the beginning of the year. That had happened ages ago and everyone knew about it, so it wasn't really news. What Desi noticed most of all was that none of his pranks had been highlighted. He took out personally. "What's a guy got to do to get in this magazine? Snog someone?" he asked aloud.

Alana would be a liar if she said that she wasn't a sucker for some gossip. She didn't know very many students personally, but she did know of many of them, so she spotted the title of the magazine, Alana quickly grabbed one and headed to her house table. The teenager took her time getting some waffles ready to eat. She didn't notice that some of the whispers in the room were directed towards her. Still oblivious, the red eyed girl took a bite before turning her attention to the magazine. Her picture jumped out at her and the girl's skin paled.

Reading through the article, Alana was horrified. She hadn't uttered a word about this stupid engagement, hoping that no one would ever find out. With Chaos gone from the school, she'd been hopeful that she would be successful in this. The article made the situation sound way crazier than it was. Alana hadn't even known about the owls until the Christmas break, and that definitely hadn't been the reason for their argument. The person who'd written this article, "T," was wrong about everything! The only thing they'd actually gotten right was that Alana hated Chaos. The girl picked up her waffle and took another bite, but it suddenly tasted horrible. Her appetite was gone. It disappeared when she looked up and spotted Matthew standing from his table. The teen cringed, hoping he didn't look around for her. He didn't. Alana watched him leave the Great Hall. She didn't move from her seat. As soon as he was out of sight, her gaze dropped to the table. Alana definitely wasn't going to chase after him. What was she going to say? Most of it was lies, but the parts that were true were big. The engagement wasn't a lie, and she'd definitely had no intention of telling Matthew about that. The rest of the magazine went unread by the Slytherin as she tried to figure out what to do.

Jean was still half asleep as he made his way to the Gryffindor table. He was still sporting a major case of bed head, but he didn’t even care. He felt that people should be happy that he’d even made it to breakfast since he usually missed it. Taking a seat at the table, Jean didn’t even mumble a hello to the people at the table. He needed some tea before he’d do that. Eventually, once he had a little to drink and a bite to eat, the room came into better focused and Jean could sense that the energy in the Great Hall was different than usual. The Gryffindor looked around the room, noticing that a lot of students, even the ones at his table, were all reading the same thing. “What’s that?” he asked someone across from him. The first year girl giggled before pushing the magazine in his direction and running off with her friend. Jean rolled his eyes as he pulled the magazine towards himself.

Pictures of people the fifth year knew well moved before him, and he scanned the articles, quickly realizing that this was one of those gossip magazines that was filled with junk stories about people. About halfway through, Jean found his own face staring back at him. Star-Crossed Lovers?, he mouthed before his lips twisted into disgust. Jean didn’t know why he was in an article with his brother and his girlfriend or why, he gulped, Victoire was in it. Jean read through the article, smirking at being called a “swoon on legs.” He wasn’t sure what it meant exactly, but he liked it. The teen’s eyes moved from the article, searching the Slytherin table for his brother. The article had torn into the relationship that Lucien had with Clara. After a moment, he looked back at the article and continued reading, dread filling him since he knew that the article was going to move on to him. “Ouch” he murmured as the article couldn’t even bother to mention Lydia by name. It was just unnecessarily mean. The blue- eyed boy’s eyebrows rose at the mention of Victoire and the information about how her yule ball had been. Jean had never gotten around to ask her. He’d been busy with Lydia and then had left for home right after. With classes and practice and prefect patrols, he’d just been so busy that he hadn’t had any time to just talk to Victoire about anything other than school work. Jean couldn’t help but wonder what Alex had done wrong. He mused over that for a few moments before continuing on. It was the end of the article that really ticked Jean off though. His brother had absolutely no say over who he dated. He never had and he never would. Jean shoved the magazine away from himself, angry that he’d even bothered to read it at all. “What a load of –“Jean swore, stabbing his fork at some eggs on his plate.

Lucien Snow was busy eating his breakfast in the Great Hall, when he heard a lot of giggles. He narrowed his eyes when someone passed him the new magazine that he had not seen in years. Oh, this was going to be juicy. He read about the story with Vladimir, before he paused to look up to see that Vladimir was steaming and left in a rage. Lucien knew that the writers were going to likely die if Vladimir found out who they were. He continued to read, and the one about Professor Blaze was adorable. He smirked as he bit into the toast, until he saw his picture, with his brother, and Clara and that one mudblood. His silver eyes started to read into it, and he looked over the words. The writer was just tearing his relationship apart. No, he was not manipulating her that much! He was just attracted to her physical features and that was about it. He did not have a reason to make something bloody permanent. He was in school for Merlin's sake! This was just ridiculous. Blood poured into his face, as his cheeks glowed red with anger and fury. There was nothing worse than having to explain himself after this.

His eyes went up from the magazine to find and search for Clara. He hoped to Merlin that she would not find this trash. He continued to read when it was suddenly to Jean. Lucien and Jean got along for the most part, and Lucien was fiercely protective over him. He was a little surprised to learn that Jean might have feelings for a muggle-born, and that could get him killed! Lucien would not control that, because he thought that people should date who they wanted, just keep it as pure as possible. He slammed the magazine to the table, and made his way over to Jean before he sat down next to him. He did not look at his brother but he could tell that he was mad. He looked to Jean before he asked, "I would never control your love life. I hope you know that. But, do you... Do you like her?" Lucien hoped that he did not, since it would save his brother some grief. After all, muggles and muggle-borns perished in the family unless they were exiled or something. Even then, they were free game. He wanted his brother safe, and he would do what it took to keep him that way. Without controlling him of course.

Hearing some commotion in the Great Hall, Kida decided on her rounds to make a detour and see what is going on, the vibrations of soft voices was amplified today, something was causing a slight disturbance in the Great Hall. Walking through the large Arch she looked around to see what was going on, not another food fight thankfully, she wasn't sure how she'd keep the peace there without being hypocritical. One student had taken to a threat which made Kida raise her eyebrow, looking around the room she saw the cause for the commotion, a simple Magazine looked to be spread out over a few Tables, Picking one up as she walked around the hall the Professor read the title Rumor Has It V.9 she paused briefly, she had heard of this Magazine but had believed that it had stopped years ago, apparently not. Thumbing through the pages reading the topic's about Harry Potter's Grandchildren, A rowdy party, some form of love triangle - she chuckled to herself some of these seemed rather ridiculous and no one had bothered to look up true facts, she kept on reading and paused when she saw a glossy photo of herself next to her cousin Aeon, a rush of thoughts filled her mind, she hoped that the student's who had written this had thought that her and her cousin were together, she shuddered at the thought and began to read the topic. Her expression changing from amused to annoyed as she read on, those Students knew how to get under her skin, considering it wasn't meant to be common knowledge that Kida and Aeon were involved in that incident, she shook her head and wanted to burn all the copies on the spot but changed her mind, The child who had written the post was mistaken and she couldn't punish them for a simple unknowledgable mistake, The Two Professors received probation which was hardly a slap on the wrist in Kida's eyes, taking a deep breath she continued.

Finding what was written to be quite amusing in some cases, Orwell had made his way into the Magazine somehow and she was curious what rules he was challenging this time. Skimming further there seemed to be no more stories but other quick rumors, There was a lot of rumors about Blood Status which concerned Kida, she herself was a subject to Blood supremacy when she studied and she hoped with the Death Eaters dying out that the attacks on blood would end but apparently not, Professors sleeping their way into new positions, Gryffindor Quidditch team not practicing at all, Kida made a mental note to have a talk to them if that was the case, she couldn't let her old Team fail. She almost skimmed past the past few points when she saw her name again Professor Frost seen with a Scitorari rings, she exhaled through her nose in amusement, there was a warning to beware of Frost turning you into a Scitorari like it was some kinda of Zombie infection, she laughed to herself 'Ooh Professor Frost will bite you and turn you into a Scitorari, so scary' she muttered to herself. Stopping for a moment to lean against a wall and check on the other students in case some form of brawl had broken out due to the allegations against them.

Going home for the Christmas holidays had been exactly what the Gryffindor teen had needed, some time away from the school and all the stresses which it had placed upon her, although in saying she had carried all of her issues with her, whether it was that she spent most of the time in front of books and the other was the disaster of feelings and emotions that she had carried with her, between Jean and the difficulties there and Alex and his profession of love which she neither expected nor wanted, the girl had sat with a lot on her mind. The only good which came from any of it, was that she now didn't care so much about boys and was attempting to focus all of her attention on her studies and the all important OWLs which weighed over her, and which she gladly allowed for her mind to just solely focus on, forget boys and romance or well, bad romance, her studies and her career were important to her. More important that she wanted to do well, and prove herself, be beyond just the muggleborn girl whom she had begun to believe everyone thought of her. It had of course been frustrating to hear about her brother and his weird puppy love for some first year girl named Emma, and a little saddening how happy he was and how difficult it was for her, but regardless of all that, Victoire had returned to school with her eyes on her studies and her duties as prefect, opting to stay silent about what happened, and trying to avoid Alex as much as she possibly could, much like she'd once with Jean, though mostly because this time she felt saddened at the loss of the friendship with Alex she wasn't sure she could get back. The Gryffindor prefect had books in her arms as she took a seat at the Gryffindor table, her messy blond curls tied up in a loose ponytail which didn't seem to help keep much of the hair out her eyes as she read the book in front of her, constantly brushing away the strands that fell in front her face. Victoire's mind and pale blue eyes were completely focused on the text in front of her, she was slowly making her way through several portions of fruit as she read. Her mind was switched off to the world around her, the faint buzzing of morning conversation filling her ears but she like most mornings since returning paid no mind to it.

It was only as she felt a few people around her look towards her, and the distinct feeling of being talked about did the Gryffindor prefect look up, just as she did a slytherin from across the room was on her feet, just screaming about something. Victoire furrowed her brow in a confused expression as she glanced around the room, noting that Lucien was speaking to Jean at the other end of the table. The girl was then handed a copy of a magazine, or a sheet of paper, which she assumed would just be another monthly issue, which had in the beginning of the last year mentioned her and Jean in passing and she assumed that had happened again. It became very clear as she began reading that this wasn't the case, she couldn't help but be angered by whomever had written the things about these students, about the professor and then she noticed her own face beside Jean, Lucien's and some other girl she didn't know and instantly knots formed in her stomach, she didn't want to read it but she couldn't help it, the parts about Lucien she felt like they were justified, she didn't think very highly of him, but then of course it began talking about her and Jean, the good his date had been and how terrible hers had been. She felt worse as the sentence continued, she didn't even feel like she loved Jean, she liked him, he was her friend, she liked him, but she couldn't exactly say that she loved him, they'd never even been on one date, they were friends with maybe a little bit extra feelings but she didn't want to throw it away. Although the mention of Lucien and her being a mud blood, she couldn't help but cringe at that word, she didn't want Lucien to get involved where he didn't need to be, but Jean could decide that, she was still stuck on that word, mud blood. Victoire's cheeks were deep red, she felt so much embarrassment, over this article, so horrible over the fact that she'd been called such a word in front of everyone in the school and no one would own up to it either, who had written such things, known such things. The prefect didn't even know what to do, she didn't want to be in this room any longer but she couldn't move, for some reason her mind just didn't want her to move. She didn't want to bring even more attention to her mudblood self, but Victoire just discarded the paper and then began to hurriedly pack her stuff away, they were wrong about her and Jean, love was wrong, but she hated them bringing her horrible yuleball up, and she hated that word, because no matter how hard she worked that was all people would end up knowing her by, forget the points and brains, mudblood was all she was to most of this school. The teen picked up her books and without even glancing over at Jean or really anyone she just left the room, she didn't want to face a school, or the people who'd written the magazine who couldn't see past her heritage. A heritage she hadn't picked but that had been given to her at random like any of those pureblood kids who had been born, like anyone, she hadn't chosen to be born, to be a mudblood, so Victoire headed to the library, she just needed to continue to prove her worth to these people and this world it seemed.

It wasn't very often that Clara went to breakfast. She often slept in, and had to rush to class. But she'd been having a really good few weeks, and she even felt as if her confidence was growing. The Hufflepuff knew it had a lot to do with her boyfriend. They had been together for awhile, and being with him definitely made her feel better. She knew that a lot of 'love' magazines said that people shouldn't base their self worth on their significant other, but Clara hardly felt like she was worth anything without Lucien.
The blonde didn't notice the unusual mood in the Hall. For all she knew, it was a usual mood. But she did notice everyone clutching what looked like a magazine. She wondered if something big had happened in the outside world. Clara instantly worried about her family, and rushed to the Gryffindor table, picking up one of the magazines. Her worry turned to curiosity as she realized it didn't have anything to do with the outside world. The faces on the front were of students. Clara scanned the page, and felt tears grow. The things that were being said were horrible! Clara couldn't understand how - and why people were so cruel. Against her better judgement, she turned through the pages of the magazine, getting more upset by every article. Even if the rumors were true, it wasn't for anyone else to know, and the writer didn't have to be so horrible about it. Her insides turned cold, and her heart froze when she saw a picture of herself, Lucien, Jean and Victorie. She wondered what she had done to have to endure the wrath of the writer. Slowly, Clara read the article. Her cheeks burned read at the mention of them snogging. Clara didn't know why it had to be mentioned - it was what boyfriends and girlfriends did, right? Her heart had definitely started moving again, but now it was moving too fast. The article said that Lucien was just manipulating Clara. It called her dense, and desperate, and that no one would feel sorry for her.
This had to be all lies, it just had to be. Clara had just been feeling better. But now she knew why she was never meant to come down to breakfast. The blonde could feel the tears streaming down her face, but she couldn't control it. She looked up, wondering if Lucien was at his table, but her eyes connected with the two blondes sitting at the Gryffindor table. At that moment, Clara knew she couldn't handle being there. Hoping no eyes were on her, she dashed from the Great Hall, trying to catch her breath, feeling like a fish out of water. Clara knew she couldn't go to class in this state. Trying to wipe the tears away, only for a new streak of tears to cover the same spot, Clara quickly moved towards the Hospital Wing, keeping her head down. Perhaps they had something to calm her down? All Clara wanted to do was hide under her covers. But, as the magazine said, no one would actually care.

Jean wasn't too surprised when his brother came over and took a seat beside him. They were fairly close especially when it came to important stuff. Things like this. "Yeah, of course I know that" the teenager said to his twin. The Gryffindor listened to his brother when it came to a lot of things, but this was not one of those things. If Lucien could date who he wanted to, and he did. So could Jean. "I'm not talking about this here, Luci" Jean stated in rapid fire French. It wasn't a language spoken by many people in the school, less than English anyway. As he spoke, Jean spotted Clara running from the room. "Besides, " he stated switching back to English, "you have bigger things to worry about now." He nodded his head towards the doors that Clara had just run through. Jean felt sorry for her. The article had been horrible in what it had said about her.

Peaceful would be a very loose term to describe the current semester for Scarlet. It had been very hectic, and though one would expect it to be so because of her OWLs as a fifth year, that was certainly not the case. Just last semester, she had formed a friendship of sorts with Chaos Zhefarovich and it was during the holidays that she had stayed over with him and their relationship had moved from sort-of-friendship to a more romantic one. That was right. During the holidays, Chaos Zhefarovich had become her boyfriend. Now, she had initially tried to say no to that one. Key word being tried. Well, obviously she failed at that because he wouldn't take no for an answer, she couldn't bring herself to say no either, and there was a part of her that wanted to be in a relationship with him. They have a couple of problems of course, but their relationship was going smoothly for the most part. The most hectic part though was her awful relationship with absolutely anyone and everyone in the school. It had only been a couple of weeks ago that she had gotten inside Borely Mansion because of a horrible prank. But of course, there was bound to be more things to happen this semester.

As soon as she entered the Great Hall, the stares were blatantly obvious. She had gotten used to that of course. Being friends with Chaos had its bonuses it seemed. Not really good, but they came with being with him. But today, they just seemed a little worse. It was then that her eyes had caught sight of the magazine that was strewn on the tables. It looked vaguely familiar but she couldn't, for the life of her, remember why. Biting her lower lip, she took a seat and grabbed one and began to flip through its pages. Her heart stopped when her eyes caught sight of a picture of her and two other familiar faces. Chaos and Alana. Taking a deep breath, she began to read the content. She didn't really know how to react to all of this. Or maybe she does, but she couldn't name them. There were too many emotions. And on top of everything, she just didn't know what to feel. She knew she should owl Chaos, but she had just owled him concerning the Borely Mansion incident. And now she was going to throw this at him? That would be unfair of her. Throwing all of her problems at him. But right now, she really, really, really wanted to scream and she didn't even know why. She was angry at Alana and she reasoned that it was because she hated him but she was engaged to him all along? Angry at how she seemed to resent him. Scarlet couldn't understand her emotions at all. It was like she had been pulled into a game, not as a player, but something to be played with. And yet she still trusted him. Why did it feel like it was Jakobe all over again? As she stood from her seat, leaving the magazine behind, she walked out of the Great Hall. All along, trying to convince herself that Chaos was different. And the worse part was, she was beginning to not trust herself.

Orwell hated mornings, he hated having to drag himself out of bed, and sit in the great hall before classes, it just wasn't fun to him, he usually struggled with almost every aspect of the morning, but he liked his classes, so every morning he dragged himself out of bed and to the great hall, the only good thing was that he could sit down with Archie at the Gryffindor table and enjoy his light, vegan breakfast with no bother. The currently green haired teen was heading towards the great hall, feeling the weight of the morning and the weight of trying his best to stay in the good books of the professors, trying his best to stay out of trouble is something which definitely didn't come as easily to the Ravenclaw as it did with others, he just always felt this desire to fight. He had to do something, where no one else would, despite the loss of points he knew he'd still do the forest protest, that he would still fight back against professor Styx if he grabbed him again. There was nothing that the teen would change, he hadn't expected the protest to ever do anything but he was happy to fight back against it, happy to ask the questions no one else seemed to.

The teen sat down beside Archie at the Gryffindor table and was too occupied with peeling an orange to notice that there seemed to be something occupying the minds of the students of Hogwarts. They all seemed to be focused on a magazine, and it was only after he'd was half way through pealing the orange that his curiosity peaked and he put down the orange and grabbed a copy of the magazine, beginning to read through it, wondering how a school with such strict policies against the forest that they could allow people's personal information to be spread amongst the school, and as he kept reading the teen saw his own face looking back at him, as well as Archie's. He looked closer and began reading through the article, he both hated and loved the title of the King of Flowers, he hated what it meant but found it oddly funny, he was reading through what it said of the protest, looking closely at the words of the article, in his instance at least the parts about the protest seemed to be directly from the mouths of the professors who had broken up the protest, of the head mistress who'd given him into trouble for it. He thought it was unfair to assume that the opening of the forest would result in a student's death, had they no faith in the students? Surely any student going into a forest knew the risk that existed in entering any forest, it wasn't like that they would forbid people from climbing mountains but everyone realised that you had to be dangerous, what made the forest so different? The final words about Archie had Orwell looking at his best friend, trusting and believing that his friend didn't believe would agree with what was being said "Ignore it, it's just the school's propaganda to restore their order, and their agenda, their attempt to mould us into perfect students in our little proper groups, I can't believe though that the staff would be allowed to write stuff like this," he told Archie with a small sigh, thinking it awful and entirely blaming the professors for the publication of this magazine.

Avie was happy with pretty much everything in his life, despite the lack of his mother he was feel pretty good, the dark cloud looming over him currently was the fact that he had those all important exams and he didn't know how well he was going to do in them, considering that despite all his work, he was still really struggling to read, and learning to read had been proving an almost fruitless endeavor. He was trying his best, but really given his situation his best wasn't exactly the best of things, it didn't mean much in the great scheme of things, and the teen was just happy with his life and he had so much planned for that day, after his classes and his prefect stuff, the teen had plans for the day, fun plans which didn't involve studying or anything of that sort. In the great hall, the teen instantly noticed that there was something abuzz in the room, he was then handed a sheet of paper with a lot of writing on it, and thankfully some pictures too.

Avie finally spotted Lucien and Jean's pictures with the girls he'd seen them with which brought a happy little smile to his face, but he was completely unable to tell what was written about his friend, and it was as he looked through it more that his own name jumped out at him, he squinted at it, holding it close to his face, but he couldn't understand what was being said, and he couldn't read it. The teen just decided to go ask Lucien about it, who was stood at the Gryffindor table talking to his brother. Avie walked over to them, just going over the tables as he did so, "Lucien!" he was waving the sheet of paper in the air, before he got to him and then smiled at his friend, "Look your picture is in this magazine! And so is Jean's! It has my name, but I can't understand it, I'm sure it's talking about how amazing my rocks are," he told them both, although unsure as to which was which in the pictures. He just smiled at the two of them, unsure of the likely private moment he had intruded, "Can we go rock searching today? I want to get some new ones for Bothie's slingshot," he asked his friend forgetting about the magazine, "Jean can come too!" he told them both grinning broadly clearly excited about the prospect of finding more rocks and that Jean might join them.

The only thing Lucretia could think about when that magazine was tossed into her face to read was how much trouble her brothers were going to be in. Particularly Jean. Lucien just needed to learn how to stay away from stupid girls who'd probably be better off getting eaten by a troll, but at least he knew better than to stay away from mudbloods. Lucretia's blue eyes scanned the other end of the room where their older brother, Theodore sat, luckily he wasn't reading the magazine, but she hated to think of the lecture the whole group would get once he did. Theodore may have calmed down a lot over the years, but he could still be pretty cruel when he wanted to. Getting up from her seat, Lucretia approached her brothers. "You two ought to hide these before Theodore sees. I don't want a lecture from him later." Lucretia stated in a hushed tone. Although she was more shy than anything, she wasn't afraid to call her brothers out when they were being stupid. They knew better, they both did. The elder members of the Snow family were still very picky, and they weren't afraid to put someone down if they disagreed with them. As usual, she could see Katrina begin to approach. Being the most vocal out of the four, Lucretia knew that Katrina was going to speak her mind, and she wasn't going to be nice out it. "Oh boy.."

Shoving a bite of her breakfast into her mouth, Katrina leaned over to snatch one of the magazines from a younger student seated next to her. Her eyes scanned every story carefully. Some of the were funny, while others just downright weird. Who had the time to follow these people around just to get a good laugh? The last story she read had a piece about her brothers. Every word she took in only brought Katrina to be that much angrier. "Damn idiots." Pushing her breakfast aside, the blood stood up from her seat and headed towards her brothers. Perfect, Lucretia was already there. Her sister tried to leave the moment she arrived, but Katrina wrapped her arm around her sister's shoulder to keep her place. Another boy was present but since Katrina couldn't remember his name she tossed him a look before throwing the paper down on the table in front of Jean and Lucien. "Jean, I hope this is a lie. I mean, knowing you it's probably not, but you're going to get yourself killed. Just wait till the elders hear about this. I would not want to be you. Or the mudblood you're hanging out with." Katrina was bold, nor was she ever afraid to speak her mind. Her brother was a dead man walking, and he knew better. If their father were still alive, he would be so disappointed in Jean right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back