Recommended Books & Book Discussion

Kailey Paramore said:
Ivy Dalebreeze said:
Violet Bellamy said:
Yeah. I've only read HBP once, or maybe twice, but this is now the tenth time I've read DH. =P.
Yeah, I think HBP is the least likely to be readed twice or more :p
Strange about that though is that I don't dislike HBP at all, it's just, dunno really =))

I'd say my HP favorites in order are:
Book 1
Book 7
Book 5
Book 4
Book 6
Book 3
Book 2 (Honestly, I hate the chamber of secrets :p)
My list would be

Book 7
Book 5
Book 4
Book 3
Book 1
Book 6
Book 2
Mine would go:

Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Order of the Pheonix
Half Blood Prince
Chamber of secrets
Deathly Hallows
Philosophers Stone

And Draven, I'll check those out!

Athene Perthro said:
Kailey Paramore said:
Ivy Dalebreeze said:
Violet Bellamy said:
Yeah. I've only read HBP once, or maybe twice, but this is now the tenth time I've read DH. =P.
Strange about that though is that I don't dislike HBP at all, it's just, dunno really =))

Book 1
Book 7
Book 5
Book 4
Book 6
Book 3
My list would be

Book 7
Book 5
Book 4
Book 3
Book 1
Book 6
Book 2
Mine would go:

Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Order of the Pheonix
Half Blood Prince
Chamber of secrets
Deathly Hallows
Philosophers Stone

Lol, rating tiem!

Book 3
Book 7
Book 1
Book 4
Book 5
Book 2
Book 6

I think. Maybe I need to re-read book 6 some more. 3's been my favourite since I first read it.

Too lazy to type out full titles, obviously.

Violet Bellamy said:
Athene Perthro said:
Kailey Paramore said:
Ivy Dalebreeze said:
Violet Bellamy said:

Book 1
Book 7
Book 5
Book 4
Book 6
Book 3
My list would be

Book 7
Book 5
Book 4
Book 3
Book 1
Book 6
Book 2
Mine would go:

Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Order of the Pheonix
Half Blood Prince
Chamber of secrets
Deathly Hallows
Philosophers Stone

Lol, rating tiem!

Book 3
Book 7
Book 1
Book 4
Book 5
Book 2
Book 6

I think. Maybe I need to re-read book 6 some more. 3's been my favourite since I first read it.

Too lazy to type out full titles, obviously.
My list would go like:

Deathly Hallows
Order of the Pheonix
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Philosophers Stone
Chamber of Secrects
Half Blood Prince

The third book by Libba Bray was The Sweet Far Thing. :lol:

wait a second.
you all like harry potter books?
i never would have imagined.

the abarat books by clive barker are good.
the great and secret show and it's sequel everville are both by clive barker and not for the kiddies but they are good.

i always recomend chuck palahniuk books but that's the armchair nihilist in me.
Survivor or haunted are both good and not too derivative of fight club.
i just finished reading battle royale by Koushun Takami. it was good in that translated to english kind of way. i always reccomend the dark tower series by stephen king to everyone but no one ever listens to me.

So, if you look at the lists, we can safely say that 6 and 2 are unpopular, and 4,5 and 7 are the more popular ones, with 1 and 3 drifting around :p

Funny thing to notice is that imo 4,5 and 7 are the ones with the most action in them :p

Romero Love said:
wait a second.
you all like harry potter books?
i never would have imagined.
*falls over in shock*

Unbelieveable.

I just bought Possession by A. S. Byatt. It's funny, cause I still haven't finished reading the three books I'm reading. =P.

I still don't know which one I like the most. Probably Order of the Phoenix or later.

Anywho, has anyone else here read James Joyce?

Courtney Potter said:
Ford Harkonnen said:
I still don't know which one I like the most.  Probably Order of the Phoenix or later.

Anywho, has anyone else here read James Joyce?
Ulysses! :o
I've only read Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, but yes, that is the guy I'm looking for. :D

A lot of these are really amazing books! So...I hope none that I say have been said already but...

Wicked, The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire is amazing. Great...look into our society today just used in Oz also a great spoof to The Wizard of Oz. (Nothing like the theater stage play if any of you think. That threw me at first, so don't come in with previous ideas)

The Sisters of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares. I good...I guess coming of age story for the younger (10-12 ish) girl members, though really good for anyone. More of a girl novel though.

Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer (I know for sure this has already been mentioned)

A Great and Terrible Beauty series by Libba Bray. This is so amazing and really one of my favourite Victorian, Gothic horror, fantasy stories. Its truly good, will have you at the end of your seat and loving every moment.

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (Obviously)

Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I have just started this book and so far like it quite a lot. It is slightly different from the movie, story board wise but a LOT more in depth and better than the movie was.

I'll probably come up with some more later. :-B

Neil Gaiman's good. American Gods was pretty epic and cool, and Neverwhere was fun stuff. Haven't read Stardust, though.

I am reading about 7 books at the moment.

Last book I started reading was Possession by A.S. Byatt. I've seen the movie and the book's really interesting.

I just bought some Jane Austen and Emily Bronte. I haven't gotten around to reading them though.

Bellatrix Green said:
Wicked, The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire is amazing. Great...look into our society today just used in Oz also a great spoof to The Wizard of Oz. (Nothing like the theater stage play if any of you think. That threw me at first, so don't come in with previous ideas)
YES! I LOVED that book. He's one of my favorite authors.

I finished Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer this morning. I bought it last night... I had no idea that it was so long! And it was cheaper than I expected, too. I can't wait for Breaking Dawn in August [= I'm also thinking of buying her other novel.

I'm currently in the middle of re reading the Tomorrow series (At chapter 8 of Third Day; The Frost' and the Northern Lights series (at chapter 14-15 of the Subtle Knife) Aaand, I'm about to start the Dune series. Because I read about it in a Harry Potter fan fiction, (Adult!Draco was reading it, haha) and the author said it was an awesome series.

I should probably not read so many books at once, but I keep loosing books and starting new ones. I've lost Third Day the Frost three times this week =/ Which is why I picked up the Subtle Knife.

*sigh* I love books :X

Athene Perthro said:
Aaand, I'm about to start the Dune series.
YES!<i></i>

Dune is amazing. If anybody says otherwise, I will punch them in the face with a tree.

Has anyone read Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz? I saw the book in a store, and it looked really good. So I want to read it, but first I want to know from anyone, if it is any good and worth spending my money on. (I don't like using the Library)

Has anyone read Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz? I saw the book in a store, and it looked really good. So I want to read it, but first I want to know from anyone, if it is any good and worth spending my money on. (I don't like using the Library)

I picked it up in the library about a month ago and loved it! It is a modern take on vampires in New York. There is a part two to it too called Masquerade that is already out and just as good. I highly recommend it.

Cyndi Weasley said:

I picked it up in the library about a month ago and loved it! There is a part two to it called Masquerade that is already out. This book was really good. I highly recommend it.
Okay. thanks Cyndi! :D

I hope you enjoy it!

Athene Perthro said:
the Northern Lights series (at chapter 14-15 of the Subtle Knife)
I'm sorry the Northern Lights Series? I believe it's called "His Dark Materials"

Which is based off of,

The Golden Compass
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spy Glass

Brian Getathorn XIX said:
Athene Perthro said:
I'm sorry the Northern Lights Series? I believe it's called "His Dark Materials"

Which is based off of,

The Golden Compass
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spy Glass
actually The Northern Lights was the original title of the book it was only changed after the movie was made. :)

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
Athene Perthro said:

Which is based off of,

The Golden Compass
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spy Glass
actually The Northern Lights was the original title of the book it was only changed after the movie was made. :)
I wiki'd it :D

The Series 'His Dark Materials', was originally called 'The Golden Compases'. (was changed)

The Golden Compass is the title for the American Version of The Northern Lights

Then theirs the Subtle Knife and Amber Spy Glass.

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
Athene Perthro said:

Which is based off of,

The Golden Compass
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spy Glass
I wiki'd it :D

The Series 'His Dark Materials', was originally called 'The Golden Compases'. (was changed)

The Golden Compass is the title for the American Version of The Northern Lights

Then theirs the Subtle Knife and Amber Spy Glass.

So Athene wasn't wrong, out of North America it is generally known as Northern Lights :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back