Reactions: Year 26 Sorting and Transfers

Ainsley Lynch said:
Aaaah I really didn't expect Ainsley to wind up in Hufflepuff lol she's not really a kind or loyal or peopley person at all, and she has no personal interest in coming out of her shell, so I don't think she's going to fit in very well. Not my first unexpected Hufflepuff though (my third I think?) so I suppose it's just my fate... maybe I just write very Hufflepuffy sorting forms...
No, kindness and loyalty didn't come across in her app which is why she wasn't a Gryffindor. What really made the decision was her interest in fairness and justice in her responses, two big Puff qualities.
Lucas Woodlock said:
Lucas to Gryffindor. A little surprised, I suspected Slytherin by the time I was done but it was between Gryffindor and Slytherin so I'm happy.

Hayden to Slytherin. Surprised. I was sure he was a Ravenclaw, but not my first surprise Slytherin. I'm not unhappy with his sorting.
Hayden's ambition was more apparent than his interest in learning. And his responses showed no interest in anyone else. His responses were very inwardly-driven, a very Slytherin quality.

Sorting Hat said:
No, kindness and loyalty didn't come across in her app which is why she wasn't a Gryffindor. What really made the decision was her interest in fairness and justice in her responses, two big Puff qualities.
Mmm, that's interesting... I had viewed those as more logic based responses like, of course if something doesn't seem rational to her she's going to do something about it, rather than any sort of intrinsic sense of justice. She's the kind of person who just does what makes the most sense to her personally at the time, often without necessarily considering people around her (since she's not used to having people around her), and almost always without considering any actual rules.

(Not trying to argue or anything, just want to explain the reasoning behind it a bit more. I'm autistic (and plan to play Ainsley as such too) so I tend to interpret things very differently to other people and sometimes have trouble getting across the meanings I was going for.)

I didn't expect Evelyn in Gryffindor honestly. I am wondering what the sorting hat made to decide to put her there. But we will see how it goes. I think she will learn how to make friends into Gryffindor. I am curieus were her brother will be sorted into.

I only had two to sort, I was a little surprised that Noemie was in Ravenclaw, but I think it will be the most interesting thing to see how she develops in a house like that, might even change how she turns out in my head slightly which is always good fun.

And Rory, I knew Rory wasn't going to be in Hufflepuff by the time I finished the app, I thought it might be a toss up between Gryffindor and Slytherin and am very happy about it being Slytherin, Rory on the other hand is going to be distraught that he didn't end up in Hufflepuff, which is always good development.

Stefan Archer said:
might even change how she turns out in my head slightly which is always good fun.
I think that's the best thing about getting a house you weren't expecting!! You find new traits in the character you didn't originally see, which is lots of fun and keeps things exciting ^_^

Elt said:
Stefan Archer said:
might even change how she turns out in my head slightly which is always good fun.
I think that's the best thing about getting a house you weren't expecting!! You find new traits in the character you didn't originally see, which is lots of fun and keeps things exciting ^_^
100% agree! I'm actually really excited for it, to see how it develops.

Ainsley Lynch said:
Sorting Hat said:
Mmm, that's interesting... I had viewed those as more logic based responses like, of course if something doesn't seem rational to her she's going to do something about it, rather than any sort of intrinsic sense of justice. She's the kind of person who just does what makes the most sense to her personally at the time, often without necessarily considering people around her (since she's not used to having people around her), and almost always without considering any actual rules.

(Not trying to argue or anything, just want to explain the reasoning behind it a bit more. I'm autistic (and plan to play Ainsley as such too) so I tend to interpret things very differently to other people and sometimes have trouble getting across the meanings I was going for.)
Hufflepuff I always think is so much more than just the elements of kindness and loyalty, mostly because loyalty in Hufflepuff isn't always necessarily a big part of it, they are loyal but they are more likely to be loyal to history and ideas, not necessarily to people. (Slytherins are far more loyal).

Hufflepuff (in my opinion) have a very different way of looking at the world, they are open minded to ideas and accepting of beliefs, they would definitely believe in fairness and would see equality for people being an important aspect after all it is the house that "accepts all the rest" so to them it would be about accepting people. It likely also makes them the most varied house in terms types of people who end up in it.
It's likely also a bit of a lie that everyone in Hufflepuff would be outgoing, if anything the outgoing people would end up in gryffindor, where as hufflepuffs are most like to think before they act, be more set in their ways and just accept everyone around them as long as it likely didn't affect them.
Perhaps also the way that you said how she approached education, where Ravenclaws would seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge her being set in her ways and not really expanding herself would not fit that, and fit much more of the Hufflepuff idea of working hard at what she can, not even necessarily in an academic sense but in a general life sense, where rather than expanding her knowledge she would stick to what she knows and work hard at that.

Perhaps those were the stronger elements that came through in the sorting app, which lead to her being placed in Hufflepuff.

((I have spent a lot of time studying the houses xD but the houses are entirely subjective and this is just my view of it))

Don't really know where Reiko is going to end up. I'm thinking she'll probably end up in Hufflepuff but I can also see her in Gryffindor or possibly Ravenclaw. But we'll see what the outcome is! :)

Stefan Archer said:
Hufflepuff I always think is so much more than just the elements of kindness and loyalty, mostly because loyalty in Hufflepuff isn't always necessarily a big part of it, they are loyal but they are more likely to be loyal to history and ideas, not necessarily to people. (Slytherins are far more loyal).

Hufflepuff (in my opinion) have a very different way of looking at the world, they are open minded to ideas and accepting of beliefs, they would definitely believe in fairness and would see equality for people being an important aspect after all it is the house that "accepts all the rest" so to them it would be about accepting people. It likely also makes them the most varied house in terms types of people who end up in it.
It's likely also a bit of a lie that everyone in Hufflepuff would be outgoing, if anything the outgoing people would end up in gryffindor, where as hufflepuffs are most like to think before they act, be more set in their ways and just accept everyone around them as long as it likely didn't affect them.
Perhaps also the way that you said how she approached education, where Ravenclaws would seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge her being set in her ways and not really expanding herself would not fit that, and fit much more of the Hufflepuff idea of working hard at what she can, not even necessarily in an academic sense but in a general life sense, where rather than expanding her knowledge she would stick to what she knows and work hard at that.

Perhaps those were the stronger elements that came through in the sorting app, which lead to her being placed in Hufflepuff.

((I have spent a lot of time studying the houses xD but the houses are entirely subjective and this is just my view of it))
[/justify]
I mean, loyalty is one of the Hufflepuff traits mentioned in the hat songs in the books ("You might belong in Hufflepuff, Where they are just and loyal,") so I've always viewed it as fairly important. My interpretation tends to run closer to Hufflepuffs being people who while outgoing might not be the best word, like to find their people and stick to their people, and always do right by them.

And I'm not sure how you got that impression of how she would approach education? Ainsley doesn't want to expand herself socially, but she's here for the sole purpose of absorbing and experiencing as much magic as she can. She's a kid who's lived her whole childhood with her nose in fantasy books, so she's here to see how many of her daydreams can come true and to learn and try new things... my long term plan for her as an adult is to go into new spell development lol, she's definitely not set in her ways in terms of wanting to learn, she's just someone who's never been in social or structured situations and doesn't find them interesting. Her whole upbringing, being homeschooled and encouraged to develop her own interests, has been pretty focused around thinking outside the box and broadening horizons.

Ainsley Lynch said:
Stefan Archer said:

[/justify]
I mean, loyalty is one of the Hufflepuff traits mentioned in the hat songs in the books ("You might belong in Hufflepuff, Where they are just and loyal,") so I've always viewed it as fairly important. My interpretation tends to run closer to Hufflepuffs being people who while outgoing might not be the best word, like to find their people and stick to their people, and always do right by them.

And I'm not sure how you got that impression of how she would approach education? Ainsley doesn't want to expand herself socially, but she's here for the sole purpose of absorbing and experiencing as much magic as she can. She's a kid who's lived her whole childhood with her nose in fantasy books, so she's here to see how many of her daydreams can come true and to learn and try new things... my long term plan for her as an adult is to go into new spell development lol, she's definitely not set in her ways in terms of wanting to learn, she's just someone who's never been in social or structured situations and doesn't find them interesting. Her whole upbringing, being homeschooled and encouraged to develop her own interests, has been pretty focused around thinking outside the box and broadening horizons.
Well, I've always considered it to be one of the sort of lesser traits, mostly because in the Potter books the references to Hufflepuff's being loyal only comes up once, within the first one, the rest all talk about being just, acceptance, treating everyone equally, those themes come so that's why I would value those traits for a hufflepuff over others. So while a trait of some importance not necessarily the first thing the sorting hat might seek seeing if a person was suited to Hufflepuff, possibly also considering the nature of their loyalty.

You said she has no personal interest in coming out of her shell, so I guess I took that to be referring to all aspects of her life (including education) in the future, which is just me misinterpreting what you said. ^_^

Of course this is just how I see the houses, the house are intrinsically complicated and each person can have their idea of what they are and what it means to be a certain thing.

Can't say I'm too surprised that Reiko ended up in Hufflepuff! :D

I think she'll have fun there, and hopefully she won't drive everyone mad with her cheerfulness!

Cristian Kyle said:
This year I have five so.. Honestly, these are the most mixed up ones I've ever had where I don't have a clue.
Zoe Katsaros: I think it is a toss up between all houses. Although, I don't see her as a Puff, but I bet it is in there somewhere.
Cristian Kyle: Cristian may end up as a Gryffindor or a Slytherin. Could be a Puff too.
Ryuu Arai: Definitely not Slytherin material. The hat can not do him wrong though. It sees more than me.
Godric Kingston: This one could definitely be a Gryffindor or a Slytherin. He's very vocal, and doesn't really seek out wisdom.
Venus Fontaine: She could be a Gryffindor too. I think she could be in everything. She wants to be a Ravenclaw but she doesn't have the brains.
Two Gryffindors, two Hufflepuffs and a Ravenclaw, I think I did well this year. xD

Woop woop! Happy with the sorting result for Evangeline. She could be in Ravenclaw or Slytherin and I'm happy that she is sorted into Slytherin. She will find her place there.

Turns out I've got a Ravenclaw and a Gryffindor this time :p Guess the Adams family legacy will live on :r

Fleur was a toss up but as I filled out the sorting hat I was seeing her as a Slytherin.

November, well, I called it long before that I figured she'd get into the house so it didn't surprise me.

I'm glad Tamara and Victor ended up in different houses! I think it will make things interesting, and it would help them become more social with other people. While Victor is probably going to make friends rather quickly, it might take a little bit for Tamara to warm up to someone other than her cousin. :D

Anyways, I got three first years now. Hopefully Reiko, Tamara, and Victor will be fun to have around!

A RAVENCLAWWWWW wow! Didn't expect that. I thought she'll be on the Hufflepuff side. The IC I have that I didn't plan on xD

Well I wasn't expecting Hufflepuff xD Honestly I had no clue where Lukas would end up but as I was filling out the form I had an idea of Gryffindor -definitely not a Ravenclaw and would have been surprised if he was a Slytherin.

Looking back on it now I can totally tell why he's in Hufflepuff and I'm not even mad xD He's got a bit of short temper but he's loyal and values honesty so definitely a Puff ^_^

Let the fun begin :D

This is probably the one house I was not expecting, but GO GO GRYFFINDOR! (I guess we shall see how the other Gryffindors take to him) :p

Ethan Carter said:
This is probably the one house I was not expecting, but GO GO GRYFFINDOR! (I guess we shall see how the other Gryffindors take to him) :p
Including his sister :r

I did not mind which houses my firsties were sorted into. All I knew was that Flavio wanted to be Ravenclaw so much and I'm glad that he got what he wanted! I was clueless to what house Noelle would have been sorted into but I also love that she has also been sorted into Ravenclaw!
The colours suit them both so well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back