Ravenclaw Practice 1

Kaela rolled her eyes slightly when everyone told her to join. "I'll be back!" she yelled and ran off toward the castle to get her broom. She had a tendency to forget she was a witch and knew how to do things like summon brooms. Oh well, it was good exercise anyway.

With her broom in her hand she emerged from the castle and got directly onto the Firebolt. Flying to the pitch would be much faster. She zoomed all the way there, quite enjoying the feeling of the wind rushing past her.

Upon reaching the pitch Kaela flew up beside Courtney. "All right then. Now, what's going on?"

Courtney nodded at Kailey to acknowledge that she joined side A.

Courtney smiled and clapped her hands together when Kaela flew up to her, almost losing control of her broom.

"Whoa!" She yelled. "Well, we're about to start a mini game of quidditch, and, it looks like you've chosen to be on my side! Our opposition is Ginny over there, and whoever decides to team up with her."

:) 'Hey, I'm not the enemy here guys' said Ginny putting her hands up in a surrender sort of way. Nobody was coming to her side yet. :huh:
She watch as Kaela wasn't in much control of her broom either so she was glad about that.

Deciding that she should probably get to know her teammates, Estrella flew over to Ginny's side, smiling broadly. "No, you're not the enemy," she said, grinning, "We're just dividing up teams." She hovered on her Amethyst Streak, wondering who was going to join side B.

Kasey had never played Qudditch before she hoped she would do good."I am on Ginny's side.Ya r we suppose to play positions we are or new which we will decide know?"kasey asked.She had her new broom after a long argue with sophia at QQS.

Ginny saw that estrella and kasey joined her side .
'Thanks guys!' said ginny. at least of got someone. How stupid i was to worry.
She hadn't seen a bludger anywhere. Was it just her or was there one at all?
'hey Courtney? do we have the bludgers yet?' asked Ginny.
She was getting a bit restless on her still broom.

((Kasey, I don't think you have a new broom. It does not show up in your vault or your Gringotts account. Are you sure the transaction went through?))

ginny couldn't stay still any longer. She swooped in a circle and went up to Courtney.

'courtney do we have bludgers and the snitch and everything?' asked ginny when she had her attention.
'oh i should have my bat soon just to tell u that.' :)
'oh cortney wait hear a second i've just forgotten to do something'
Ginny swooped round and headed straight for the owlery and stepped inside from the window.

Lily flew up by Courtney.

"Well, since there is a chaser already on inny's side, I will be on yours. Need to keep it even!" she said with a giggle.

ginny return within 15 mins. She had a couple of bleeding scratches on her face and hand but she seemed happy enough.
'thanks for waiting' said ginny. she went back over to her team. she noticed Lily went over to Courtney's side and teams were nearly even now.
can't wait till we start, thought ginny. :)

{OoC: Which side should I be on? Is there use for a seeker right now? Sorry if I am being a bother, but I'm not on very often.}

Henri made mental note of each person's introduction then when it was suggested for actual Quidditch he frowned slightly, he wasn't all too confident in his ability at the moment. As they were asked to decide on teams Henri nodded and flew upwards towards where Courtney was and waited for the match to begin.

Courtney noted that mostly everyone had picked sides. "Okay everyone, whoever has not picked a side now will be on Ginny's team. On my team, Kaela will be beater, Henri seeker, Kailey keeper and Lily chaser. On Ginny's team, Ginny will be beater, Estrella keeper, Lilian seeker, and Kasey chaser. Since teams are uneven, I will sit out and referee this mini game."

Courtney flew over to Kaela and gave Kaela her beater's bat to play with. Courtney patted Kaela on the shoulder and grinned, "don't fall too deeply in love with my bat now."

She flew to the middle of both teams and summoned up the necessary balls. "Ready, set, play!" Courtney hovered up above the action, wondering which side would win.

((Okay, I'll post out of character as the snitch like Alicia does in real quidditch games.))

As soon as the Ginny saw the bludger be let out, she dived down and batted it straight towards the goal posts before Kaela had batted it. she saw the the quaffle was already changing teams every second almost and she went back up to help the keeper. She was a little disapointed that Courtney didn't stay in the team but she was probably the one who knew most of the rules by heart.
She looked out for bludgers while she was thinking all this. @-)

(((Hey Ginny, just as a heads up, you really can't post what the quaffle is doing until someone has posted they have it. You can post that someone has it and you are watching them, but not that the quaffle is changing teams every second because at this point it isn't. I don't want to sound mean, but I want to help you improve your skills. Things like that could possibly be ripped apart during a game and I don't want to see that happen to anyone. :) )))

Lily flew up and snagged the quaffle first. She glanced around quickly to see the positions of everyone one the field and headed towards the goal that Estrella was hovering by. She flew straight to the goal, realizing that this was much easier than a real game. Being the sole chaser was a different experience, since there are always 3 on the field at once.
Lily dropped down below Estrella, coming up just under her to shoot the quaffle, hoping to sneak in a goal without her blocking the attempt.

(sorry ,i didn't know that you couldn't do that. i'll try not to do that again.)

Ginny spootted another bludger coming towards her. She got her bat ready but missed the bludger as she misjudged it. it hit right in the arm that had the bat and she dropped it. she quikly realized what happenned and dived down to grab it again. how could she have missed the bludger. ~X( Man, she was that bad!

(((not a problem, that is why I wanted to make sure you were aware of anything that would not be allowed. :D technically, godmodding like that is not allowed anywhere. just something to keep an eye on in posting. I had to learn that too when I first started. :D )))

Kailey flew over to the goal hoop post things [ SORRY! I forgot what their called :"> ] And hovered infornt of the center hoop watching the game seeing as the ginnys chaser had yet to come near the goals. She kept watch mainly on the quaffle staying alert.

((Uh, lily, did you throw the quaffle or what? I'll act like you didn't, if you have, I'll go back and edit.))

Estrella hovered near her hoops, watching Lily with hawk eyes as she tried to get in past her. She smirked; she would be hard pressed to let any quaffle get past her.

Kaela caught Courtney's beater bat with some difficulty, nearly falling off her broom from the sudden weight added to her. "Geez Courtney!" I knew there was a reason I didn't like beater. She lifted the bat despite the protest her arm gave. I need to start working out.

As the game started Kaela kept an eye on the players, particularly the first years. She was not entirely worried about hitting bludgers, mostly because she wasn't even on the team, and partly because she wasn't used to being a beater.

A bludger came her way and Kaela smacked it nice and hard with the beater's bat, which she was holding with two hands as if she were playing softball. She sent it toward Estrella, hoping it wouldn't go for Lily. That may have been a bad idea... she thought as she watched the bludger zoom down the pitch.

Estrella was determined to catch the quaffle, but as she dove for it, she saw a bludger zooming toward her. Jerking out of the way so as not to get hit, she lost sight of the quaffle as it slipped through the hoop. She stuck out her tongue at Kaela playfully, cursing her own foolishness under her breath. "That was a lucky one, guys!" She had all but forgotten about bludgers.

"YES!!!" Kaela exclaimed and shot her left fist into the air, her right hand still grasping the bat. "Sorry Estrella! I didn't expect that to work so well!" She grinned at Estrella, ecstatic that her attempt worked so well. Maybe beater isn't so bad.

(Can we snatch the Quaffle,I hope we can i saw in the movie i guess.)

Kasey saw Lily flying with the Quaffle towards kasey's team's goal but Kasey decided to snatch it.She flew beside lily and suddenly grabbed it out of her hand.She turned her broom to face the opposite goal.There was a bludger coming towards her.She dodged and the bludger past her without a scratch but she had to be carefull.She flew past the players doing their jobs she was near the post.Facing Kailey now she couldnt wait she just aimed at the goal and threw the Quaffle at it..

Kasey Carla said:
(Can we snatch the Quaffle,I hope we can i saw in the movie i guess.)

Kasey saw Lily flying with the Quaffle towards kasey's team's goal but Kasey decided to snatch it.She flew beside lily and suddenly grabbed it out of her hand.She turned her broom to face the opposite goal.There was a bludger coming towards her.She dodged and the bludger past her without a scratch but she had to be carefull.She flew past the players doing their jobs she was near the post.Facing Kailey now she couldnt wait she just aimed at the goal and threw the Quaffle at it..
((I'm gonna go with a no on this one, especially considering Lily doesn't have the quaffle anymore. She shot it at Estrella and it went through. But generally speaking, no, I don't think you can just RP taking the quaffle from someone else, otherwise everyone would just take the quaffle from each other. If she throws it and no one else responds you can grab it in midair.

Hope that helps. :D ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back