Ravenclaw Practice 1

Courtney Potter

Wand
Best wand ever!
Courtney walked out onto the quidditch pitch with her Sapphire Streak in hand. She took a seat on the grass to wait for the members of the Ravenclaw team to arrive. As each of her teammates arrived, she greeted them individually. Once everyone was accounted for, she stood up to speak.

"Hello everyone! Congratulations once again for making it on the team. I am hoping for Ravenclaw to be an awesome team this year. Just by looking around at everyone, I can tell we will be. But it will take practice, and a lot of hard work. For those of you who have not had the chance to meet me yet, my name is Courtney Potter. I am a third year Ravenclaw student and your Quidditch team captain.

"Now what are we waiting for?" She cried. "Let's get on our brooms and practice!"

Henri stepped onto the pitch, the sun glaring in his eyes. Blinking slightly as he adjusted to the new lighting he walked towards his team captain, happy he had made the team at all. He held his broom by his side and listened to her intently. Once she had finished speaking he looked around at the others on the pitch with them. The majority of whom he had not introduced himself to at all.

"Heyah Court!" Estrella exclaimed as she rushed onto the pitch, clutching her Amethyst Streak. "Hope I'm not late." She grinned, looking around. She didn't really know anyone around, besides the first years from last year.

Kailey walked out on the pitch and stood beside Henri one hand holding her firebolt the toher at her head blocking the sunlight till her eyes got used to it. Putting her hand back down she listened to courtney intently as she was giving her speech. When she was done speaking Kailey looked arounf at the others who were on the team...The only one she recognised so far was Henri.

Lilian was glad she mad the team, even if only for a fill-in. She was part of something. So, she went to the Pitch and Stood with the rest of the team. When Courtney said, "Let's get on our brooms and practice," she flew up, and immediatly started searching the snitch.

Lily looked around the pitch as people started to wander in for practice. She recognized a few faces from the house, but was not sure who was playing what positions. She saw Estrella and went over next to her.

"Hey! Glad we are still on the same team." she said to her friend.

Courtney gave the inspirational coaches speach, then suggested they start to fly.

"Hey Courtney! Who is playing what position? I only know a few faces around here right now." she said with a smile on her face, hoping that Courtney didn't mind her asking.

{OoC: I'm confused what to do, has a snitch been released, if so, am I one of two looking for it? I feel so lost. )

Courtney grabbed a quaffle and hopped on her broom. She flew a couple feet off of the ground and beckoned for the other members to form a circle around her.

"Okay Estrella, I hope this answers your question." Courtney answered. "Since a lot of the members of our team are first years, I'm sure we all have not yet had the chance to meet each other. We're going to play a small getting to know each other game. Firstly, I'll tell you my name, position, and something random about myself. Then I'll toss the quaffle to another member of the team, the person who catches the quaffle will do the same until everyone has had a turn."

Holding the quaffle in the air, she began. "My name is Courtney Potter, I am a beater, and I am terrible in the kitchen.

"Even though I may not be great with a spatula, I'll knock anyone out with a bludger and beater's bat." She added with a laugh before tossing the quaffle to the next team member.

Kailey got on her broom flying a few feet off the ground and joining the circle. She heard courtney say what they were going to do. She listened as she introduced herself and caught the quaffle when she passed it. " My names Kailey Paramore, I'm a chaser, and I'm a terrible dancer" Kailey laughed at the random thing she had thought of and passed the quaffle on to the next team member.

Henri kicked off the ground when Courtney did and hovered in the air. The quaffle came towards him but at first he failed to catch it. Diving a bit lower he finally caught it before it hit the ground. "My name is Henri Solei, Seeker, and you see why I'm not a chaser." he added as he threw the quaffle on.

((Okay guys, remember that you have to purchase a broom and quidditch gear if you have not done so yet. :D ))

Lily jumped onto her broom and flew up into the circle. She listened to the introductions. Finally the quaffle was tossed her direction.

"Hi. I'm Lily Potter, 2nd year. I am one of the chasers for the team. Something random about me is that I love to sing. I really probably shouldn't but I still try." she said with a laugh.

Lily then tossed the quaffle at another teammember, curious what they had to say.

Estrella caught the quaffle, grinning back at everyone else. "I'm Estrella Drage, 3rd Year and keeper. I can be quite a klutz and I love cookie dough ice cream." She smiled at her silliness; it was the first thing that had come to the top of her head. She tossed the quaffle to another teammate and waited with curiosity for them to answer.

Ginny wasn't even at the quidditch pitch when the leson was started. she was at the lake. She had grabbed her bat and firebolt and put her wand back in her pocket. she had decided she didn't have time to run there so she had got on her broom and pelted all the way there. #-o she braked into the circle and saw the quaffle get tossed to her. kailey was there and lillian. they were chaser and seeker. courtney her teamcaptain, was there aswell as many other faces and seeing that she had missed the introductions she wouldn't find out who they were soon. she caught the quaffle with her free hand.
'sorry i'm late guys. :"> anyway i'm Ginny porter, beater and something random about me.... :-? ........ oh, i'm never on time.' :))
She tossed the quaffle to the next person not being sure if they had introduced themselves or not. :)

{OoC: I believe I'm seeker and Lilian is Second String or wehatever you might call it.}

Kaela had heard that the Ravenclaw team was having practice today and decided it would be fun to watch the team in action. Upon reaching the pitch she walked over to the stands and sat down near the top of them. Smiling she waved at Courtney and Estrella, not even sure if they could see her, but not entirely caring.

Estrella could see Kaela walking into the stands, and when she waved she returned it, grinning broadly. She somewhat wished that Kaela was on the team too; she hadn't done all that bad at the Valkyries-Assault Game.

Kasey walked to the Qudditch pitch and found most of the team members there already.Suddenly she realised she had caught the quaffle."Hi.My name is Kasey Carla.I am the one of the chaser(i see three chasers here??)I like loud music and parties ."she said passing the quaffle to the next member.

"Okay guys, it looks like we're all finished with introductions. And yes Kasey, there are normally three chasers on a team. What do you guys suggest we do now? We could play tag or something similar to practice flying, or we can split up and actually practice the game of quidditch?"

Courtney saw Kaela watching them and waved. "Hey Kaela, grab a broom and come join our practice!"

"I vote something along the lines of Quidditch," Estrella interjected, turning to the stands, "Yah, Kaela!"

Lily turned to look where Estrella and Courtney were looking.

"Yeah, come on and join us!" she yelled to Kaela. She then turned to Courtney and voiced her opinion. "I think something quidditch-like would be fun."

'I think we should play quidditch too. it'll probably be fun! :D
after all i am rubbish at my job.' :))

Courtney grinned, glad that her teammates were enthousiastic about the game. "Okay guys, we need to split up into two groups. I'll be on side A, and Ginny will be on side B. Everyone line up with either one of us. Remember, the teams should be more or less equal. We'll probably have to play with 1 beater, 1 keeper, and 2 chasers on each side."

Courtney flew away from the others and waited for people to join her side. "Oh, Kaela, feel free to join any side you want and practice with us. The more, the merrier!"

'yes,' whispered Ginny to herself. She swung her bat in the air and pelted a couple of metres away from courtney. She didn't know what kind of competition this would be against her. She watched as everyone chose a side.
Why did I chose for this to happen? :)) She started laughing to herself.
her broom pelted forward a couple of centmetres.
i really must control my broom in going slower. :(

Kailey flew over to side A beside courtney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back