Pondering

"Never,"she said, grinning. She rolled back over, crossing her legs and pointing out a camel with a top hat, devil's snare dancing and a fire truck.

"You have quite the imagination my friend." Professor King started before pointing out a cloud, a cloud with white whisps at the end, and a big fluffy cloud. "I see what's there."

Cecily squinted, turning her head slightly. "What do you see?" she asked curiously.

"I see a cloud, another cloud with white whisps at the end, and then a big puffy cloud." Professor King replied with a smile.

Cecily burst into laughter. Her stomach was starting to hurt from laughing so much in one day. "You're hopeless! Cloud watchers world wide are bemoaning their profession at this very moment,"she laughed, turning her head to look at him.

"As they should bemoan. Try to make money off making up stuff in the clouds." Professor King stated. Continuing to look at the sky and the lake, and then at the point where they merge to form one entity.

Cecily stacked her hands behind her head and let the sun lull her. She smiled at Nicolas' comment, her eyelids growing heavy and starting to drift open and close. Before she knew it, she'd drifted off.

Professor King turned on his side after a few moments to look at Cecily when he noted she had fallen asleep. "Are you really that boring Nick?" he asked aloud as he rolled back onto his back, "Already put her to sleep, maybe a celebratory dinner isn't the best idea, what would we be celebrating anyhow?" he continued to think allowed.

Cecily dozed for a few minutes in the sun. She rolled over onto her side and slowly opened her eyes. Then she realized what she'd done. How horribly rude Cecily! She propped up on one elbow, facing Nicolas. Her cheeks were pink both from the suns rays and her embarrassment. "I'm sorry,"she said softly, grinning shyly. "I-,"she began then trailed off, just looking at him. That was when it hit her. She really liked him. A lot. However would she have felt safe enough to doze in his presence?
"I didn't snore did I?" she asked, grinning, the light reflecting off the green grass and making her eyes appear emerald.

"It's no problem." Professor King half mumbled, really not sure of much at the moment. "No, I don't believe you did snore." he assured, her with a half smile. He now closed his eyes a little and tried to clear his mind.

She rolled onto her stomach, propping herself onto her elbows, looking down at him. "I've made a muck of things, haven't I?"she asked quietly, her face serious for once. She sensed a disquiet in him and she wasn't sure why.

"How do you mean?" Professor King inquired, his eyes still shut. He was still lying on his back and was very still, allowing for him to focus all his energies on his thoughts.

Cecily sighed. "You've gone a million miles away,"she mused, laying her head on her hand and regarding him.

"No, I'm still here, I'd just decided that I needed to clear my mind." Professor King responded he explained. 'What's going to happen now?' he wondered. Had he screwed up the day? Had she heard what he had said while she slept? He hoped not but it seemed plausible, why else would she figure she screwed something up?

"Oh, okay,"she said, relieved. She hadn't meant to fall asleep. He must think she wasn't enjoying herself today. "You're not cross at me then? For falling asleep? It was terribly rude of me, I must say," she sighed. "The sun just felt so good. And I feel safe in your company-,"she stopped herself. Oh dear. Didn't mean to say that one aloud.

"No, not cross, definitely not." Professor King assured Cecily, an eyebrow raising at her latter comment though his eyes remained shut. He decided to ignore that she had said anything, what would he have to say about it anyhow? besides, most people should feel safe in the middle of the day with somebody around them. "The sun does feel quite nice." he affirmed.

Cecily's lay there, looking at his face and slowly she smiled wickedly. She used wand less magic and concentrated, sending a small puff of air to buzz around his ear, sounding very much like a small insect.

(You sir, are positively wicked. Cecily can't help it if she'd slightly narcoleptic. :lol: )

(((She fell asleep on the poor guy, he has a right to be somewhat confused about the whole thing now ^_^ :p )))

Professor King covered his ear with his left hand; still remaining contemplative. After a few more moments of thought he opened his eyes and rolled back on his side to face Cecily. "So where do you want to go and when -- for the celebratory dinner I mean."

Cecily grinned, having once again gained his attention. Green eyes met brown and it took her a moment to answer. Stop it Cecily, she scolded herself. "When I was on my way to the castle for the first time I passed through a small place. I only had coffee before catching the next train but I remember it being a very nice place. We could apparate there,"she suggested, her heart beating a touch too fast. "I was told they put on plays during the summertime for dinner service." She picked a blade of grass, tying it into knots between her slim fingers, then added. "Next weekend?"

"It's a date." Professor King confirmed, "Or a plan that is." he corrected, wanting to shove his foot in his mouth, or curl up in a ball to die... whichever would be easiest.

"Right. A plan...," Cecily grinned shyly, shrugging her shoulders awkwardly. She was silent for a few minutes before she got up the nerve to look at him again. "It's a bit on the dressy side though...so people might think we're on a date." She played with the piece of grass before daring a glance at him. She felt more like one of her students than a grown woman at the moment. Her nerves were getting the best of her.

"Well.. is that such a bad thing?" Professor King asked with a sly smile, 'Are you kidding me?' he belittled himself mentally. "I mean, " he trailed off, 'I don't know what I mean.'

Cecily blushed a bit at his smile but shook her head. "I don't think so Nicolas," she said, her eyes locking with his.

"Well then that's fine by me." he agreed, "So where did you say this place was?" he asked.

Cecily silently released the breath she'd unconsciously been holding. "Great. It's in a little village about an hour south of Auckland."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back