OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The sun shone brightly at noon, beating down all that were in its path. The lone woman wasn't immune as fresh beads of sweat popped up on her smooth skin, soaking the periwinkle blue tank top she had on. Her long legs were bared by cut off jean shorts she wore, something she'd had to dig into the bottom of her trunk for. She walked lightly, her steps unburdened by any shoes. The emerald green grass tickled her bare feet and soon she was at the water's edge.

Sighing heavily, Cecily Rambolt sat down on the lakefront's edge and stuck her feet into the water. The cold felt great and revived her but the sun's heat made her feel even more languid. She conjured a paperback book and a bright pink drink in a coconut and laid back, covering her eyes with white rimmed cateye sunglasses.

"Oh yeah,"she said, laying back on her elbows and sipping her drink. "This is the life."

Professor King had decided to take one last walk along the lakefront before the students arrived at Hogwarts again. He had had so much to think about over the summer and so much confusion to sort through. He figured this walk would help him clear his head before he had to teach once again.

As he walked along the shore he noticed somebody further off laying back reading. He approached them, and as he drew nearer he noticed it was Cecily, the very person he hadn't been able to get out of his mind for much of the summer. He inhaled before taking a few more paces towards her, "Mind if I join you?" he inquired.

Elizabeth was much too embarrassed to say a word. After a short pause, her companion added, “You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject forever.” Elizabeth feeling all the more than common awkwardness and anxiety of his situation, now forced herself to speak; and immediately, though not very fluently, gave him to understand, that her sentiments had undergone so material a change, since the period to which he alluded, as to make her receive with gratitude and pleasure, his present assurances.

Cecily was about to read Elizabeth's reply with bated breath when she heard Nick's voice somewhere from her left. "Oh!" she exclaimed, putting down her book and sitting up. "Yes, please do," she said, conjuring a drink for him, although in a regular glass. He didn't seem the type of wizard who'd enjoy having people see him drink from a coconut.

She slid her sunglasses on the top of her head and rubbed her knee, a nervous habit from adolesence. "How are you?"

Professor King nodded and took a seat a metre away from Cecily. He accepted the drink and took a small sip before setting it down beside him and staring out accross the lake. "I'm alright, though not nearly as prepared for the semester as I should be." Professor King admitted, "How are you though?"

"I had a restful night's sleep," she said, swirling her feet in the water. "After taking a Dreamless Sleep Draught," she admitted, glancing at him and grinning slightly.

"Do you have to take those often now?" Professor King inquired in a serious air, not being able to imagine what that must be like. He himself had been worried on a couple of occasions, but never so much that he couldn't sleep, and never so much that he had dreams. He had taught himself not to dream, or not to remember them at least, he saw wnough death and harm in the world, a dream to match such things would make it all the worse.

Cecily nodded. "It's getting better," she said, staring out over the lake, watching the ripples come from the curious fish wanting a nibble of her toes. She wiggled her feet to move them away. "The first night was the worst. The nightmare was intense, so vivid...it made me ill. They're not as frequent now. But when I wake up during the night, I take the draught."

She turned to him, pulling a knee up and resting her arm on it, keeping one foot in the water. "I used to have such wonderful dreams," she grinned.

"That's good." Professor King began, thinking of how worried he had been for her the first fe nights after retrieving her memory. "The good dreams will return." he reassured her, "How did Alicia take it all?" he finally inquired.

(((I figure that the meeting would have already occured, you can say you haven't told her yet, make something up or I'l edit if you want :D )))

"I haven't been able to pin her down yet,"she said, shrugging. "She's been so busy with the sorting and so many first years this year...,"she trailed off. "I sent her an owl asking for a meeting with her. It should be soon,"she reassured him, hoping he didn't think she was putting it off.

"Ah, well I hope she replies soon." Professor King started, turning to look at Cecily. She seemed to be wearing some sort of muggle clothing though he could not be sure. Wizard and muggle fashions always eluded him. She looked nice nonetheless he noted. 'No Nick, not a colleague.' he told himself. It was bad enough that he hadn't been able to stop thinking of her for much of the summer, but now this? "Are you excited for the new crop of students then?" he inquired, trying to change the subject and occupy his mind with something other than Cecily, how this would be possible as he was talking to her he did not know.

Cecily took a long draught of her drink before setting it down in the grass beside her. The sun wasn't as high as it had been but it was still hot. "Oh yes, I've heard a rumor there were a lot of letters that went out this year. I can't wait to meet them all," she said excitedly.
The nice breeze that'd been blowing tapered off and Cecily once again felt the oppressive heat. She put both feet in the water and groaned. "How do you stand this heat?" she asked, flopping back onto the grass, her long blonde hair fanning out around her. The clouds over head were spotty at best, the sky was mostly a clear blue. One looked like a camel and made her smile.
She studied the man beside her covertly. He was still such a mystery to her. Cecily was a free spirit, what her father affectionately called a 'hippie'. Nicolas seemed on the opposite of the spectrum.

(((Ouch. Prof King is offended if he had decided to read her mind. [-( :p )))

"Charmed clothing helps." Professor King stated with a chuckle, he had charmed his robes and cloak quite a while back so he was always a comfortable temperature, no matter what the world around him was like.

Cecily propped herself up on her elbows, staring at him. Then she broke into laughter, the sound clear and pleasant. "Charmed clothes?!"she playfully pushed his shoulder. "Why didn't I think of that?" Still laughing softly, she sat up again and pulled her feet out of the water, crossing her legs. Her toes peeked out, painted a vibrant pink.
She glanced at him through her lashes. "You, sir, are full of surprises."

(Aww, she didn't mean anything bad about it. :D )

Professor King's heart skipped a beat as Cecily pushed against his shoulder, though he willed himself to show no change in emotion. 'Really, this is getting sad now. What are you doing to yourself?' he scolded, wondering what had come over him as of late. of course if he really thought he would know, but he didn't want to accept the reality of the situation. "I try." he replied with a grin, "You're quite suprising yourself." he added.

"I am?" she asked, grinning. She leaned toward him. "How so?" she asked, her eyes glinting mischievously. Wandlessly, she conjured a small muggle squirtgun. It appeared behind her back and she hid it there, awaiting his answer.

Professor King became suspicious of Cecily as she asked how she was surprising. It wasn't the asking, it was the way she had asked. He cautiously continued, rather unsure of what to expect. "Well, I certainly hadn't expected those muggle death traps." Professor King stated with a grin, referring to the bean bag chairs from the beginning of the summer.

"Death traps? I'll have you know, good sir, that they are highly sought after," she retorted, sitting back, crossed her arms and sniffed. She ruined the effect seconds later by laughing. "Oh Nicolas," she laughed, her eyes crinkling at the corners, "when you sat..in that chair..,"she giggled harder, holding her sides, forgetting she was holding the squirtgun.

"That death trap you mean???" Professor King persisted with a grin, he then noted something in Cecily's hand that hadn't been there before. He could see a liquid in it and had been taught at the ministry about muggle weapons. This certainly was not a gun, though he figured it could shoot whatever liquid was in it, presumably whatever, "And just what is that for?" he inquired jokingly, making a nod towards the pistol.

(((I assumed it was one of the see-through ones :D )))

Cecily laughed, still trying to look indignant and failing. When he took notice of the squirtgun, she held it up in her hand, glancing at him. "Oh this?" she asked before she pointed it at him and proceeded to soak him.

(It is. :lol: )

Professor King stood, unarmed and getting soaked. He withdrew his wand and took aim, "You asked for this." he started, casting Aguamenti. A thin stream of water shot forth and he too started to soak Cecily, attempting dodge her occasional shot. "Surrender?"

Cecily gasped as the first blast of ice cold water hit her. She got lithely to her feet and danced around him, shooting his back and his face before conceeding defeat. She was soaked from head to toe. "I give! I give!" she laughed, moving a strand of wet hair from her face.
"You won this round with your sorcery, sir,"she laughed, bowing to him.

Professor King laughed and dropped himself back to the ground, looking up at the sky, "Ok, so you're suprising with muggle death traps and water guns."

Cecily gave up trying to dry herself off and sat down beside him, her arm brushing his. "As surprising as your now wet magically charmed clothing,"she smirked, butting her shoulder against his lightly. She sighed. "At least I'm cooler now," she said, happy. She hadn't had this much fun in well, she couldn't remember. She was sad the summer break was ending. At least she'd see Nicolas around the castle still. She glanced at him and then quickly away at the water, her heart fluttering. He was a handsome man. She found herself admiring the line of his jaw as he looked up at the sky.

"Ah but that's the beauty of charmed clothing." Professor King began, sitting up again and turning to Cecily, "They can dry whenever you want them to." A grin was visible on his face as he said this, "You could've just went for a swim if all you wanted was to cool off." Professor King stated, rolling his eyes playfully. 'Are you kidding me?' he scolded himself yet again.

"And have the Giant Squid's offspring get me? No way!"she joked, returning his grin. His mannerisms were becoming endearing to her. She didn't understand this attraction she felt toward him.
"I might have pushed you in if I'd wanted to go for a swim and then where would you be?" she asked, laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back