OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Reuben <3
There was nothing Monty would be approving of happening on that night. Though there was no alcohol, no smoking or anything of the sort, Saveli was convinced she would make this house party amazing. A week ago Saveli had sent out invites to a few people about the fact Monty was going to be out of town on this specific night. Those invites were responded to well, with questions of who they could invite - and Saveli allowed them anyone, so long as no one invited Gabriel, or any adults over the age of 18. The blonde was happy to have sadi so long to Monty, and knew the first thing on her agenda was hanging the decorations. Once it was done and the place had drinks set up and streamers in the opening, she decided to shower and dress. Of course if she was throwing a party Monty wouldn't approve of, the Teen thought she'd wear soemthing he'd feel the same about. Waht her father didn't know wouldn't hurt her.

Dressed for success Saveli Matveev made her way down the stairs. The first of the guests to arrive was going to be Alexei, whom Monty had been informed was going to be over to study around seven - an hour after he left. This would give them a little time before the guests arrived at eight. Monty had asked her to be in bed by one - which to Saveli meant he'd not be home for the rest of the night. Regardless this party was going to be amazing.

OOCOut of Character:
Please allow for Alexei Mihaylov to post first. After that it's a free for all. Remember again to follow board rules. No underage drinking is the thing I'm worried most about!

Some months had lapsed since Alexei had last seen Saveli, so upon receiving her invitation to a party he had accepted enthusiastically. She was a funny girl, to him - he could not make her out - but there was something about her that he found himself unfathomably drawn to. Of course, a party meant many guests, so his chances of spending quality time with her were slim, but he would not pass up the opportunity to be near her even if under less than ideal circumstances. Besides, Alexei was not the sort to turn down fun, which, with Saveli as the host, this party was bound to be. It hardly even mattered that there would be no alcohol.

With a bottle of non-alcoholic cider in his arm, Alexei knocked at Saveli's door, somewhat blown away by the house to which it was attached. His house in Russia was grand, but it boasted little of the character this one could. When the door opened he smiled. "Hollo! Wow - you are looking lovely. I am under-dressed."

Alexei stepped inside, ducking beneath the streamers. "I am surprised your father is allowing me over to 'study,'" he said, brushing his feet on the mat and handing over the bottle. "My mother would have killed me to have a girl over at your age." The Russian paused to consider this, and then shrugged. "Actually, she probably still would. Do you need a hand with anything?"

Saveli chuckled at Alexei's reaction. Though she had no emotional attachment to him - or anyone else at that point - getting a compliment or a wandering eye was a huge confidence boost for the young Slytherin. Sav invited him in, taking the bottle from his hands. "Well Monty doesn't exactly know that you're a boy." She spoke bluntly. There was no point in lying. "He thinks you are the ginger girl from a market in the magical part of England that's north of here. Village name escapes me." Saveli set the bottle in a bucket of Ice, which was enchanted to stay cold. It was not a waster of a hundred Galleons in her opinion.

Saveli moved to grab a cup. "Well would you like something to drink Study Buddy. I still have to get the music set up but after that we will pretty much be ready for the guests. Did you invite anyone?" She asked, pouring hersel some fizzy drink of her own.

Chaos Zhefarovich was bloody nervous. It was not that he was afraid that people would not like him because he did not give a damn about it. Dressed in casual black tee shirt and blue jeans, Chaos walked through the door, holding it open for Alana as she entered as well. He was taught by his father to be chivalrous. At least it was not dead within him, though Chaos thought nothing of it. The only thing he knew about this girl was that he used to go to school with her, and that she lived with the potions professor. Also, she was Alana’s best friend or something. Out of respect, Chaos needed to be on his best behavior. He just hoped that no one got on his nerves. He may not have a wand, but he sure knew how to fight. And he lived up to the rep he still carried. Another reason why Chaos was nervous was because he felt like this could be an actual date for the two. He liked Alana now, and pretended to be his suave, cold person that did not care, but it was just an act to try to be impressive. He could be caring if he wanted to be. Sometimes, it was not worth the effort.

The house was rather large, and much like his own. Well, when it came to class. It was almost making him feeling like he was in his sort of environment. So far, it seemed it was only the four people here. He recognized Saveli, but barely. He also noticed the other boy there, older. He thought with a groan, 'What is it with these Slytherin girls that attract older boys?' Of course, Alana's little crush from the past was older, from what he remembered. Then again, he didn't think much of it. Chaos looked to Alana and he whispered, "So, if someone brings up what I did, should I just let it go or take them outside?"

Aion was making the most of his holidays before he started his fifth year. When he returned he would be working harder than ever as exams would shortly begin. He was naturally gifted academically but knew he'd have to pull his socks up even further soon. He'd already made a few international trips from his hometown in Bulgaria over the last month, but one of his final destinations would be the UK. After making a new friend and bonding over dragons, Alexei had invited him to join a party for one of his companions. Aion had decided to make a long weekend of it, and planned a sight seeing trip through London before his journey took him to Australia.

Not being one to turn up to a party empty handed, Aion held a relatively heavy present for the birthday girl, that was covered in silver sparkly wrapping paper. Unaware of just how many people were attending, nor their ages, Aion had also purchased some cans of soda for everyone. As he arrived at the destination he took a moment to observe the building. It was beautifully detailed, and had a very authentic feel to it. Clearly whoever lives here enjoyed making others (or themselves) feel comfortable and homely. Hopefully tonight wouldn't ruin that.

As Aion reached the main door, he could already hear voices inside, and before he knew it he was surrounded by unfamiliar faces. It didn't look at though the party had started yet, but he was sure it wouldn't be too long before things kicked off. "Hey" Aion smiled at Alexei, who appeared just as he did on their last meeting, if not perhaps a little neater. Aion had been relieved to find out he would meeting other wizarding students tonight, and although somewhat of an introvert he would do his best to befriend some. He was hoping he'd find a few guests that attended Hogwarts New Zealand, but wasn't really sure on where to begin.

Although she was friendly with Saveli and likely would have come for that reason, the teenager was also quite curious about seeing her professor's home. That Saveli actually lived with a professor from their school was so odd, and Alana needed to find out more. She was certainly impressed as she made her way slowly up the walk, still getting used to the heels on her boots. The soon-to-be sixth year didn't live in a place even a quarter as nice as this, and she found herself feeling rather envious of her friend's luck.

Walking into the home didn't diminish her envy as she took a look at how the place was designed, the decorations that Saveli had hung up enhancing its appearance, though she would have done things slightly different. Alana's eyebrows raised as she spotted Saveli's outfit and sized it up, a rather good-looking set of boys not too far off from where she stood. She'd have to get the girl alone for a moment to find out who they were as she didn't recognize either one. Not that she'd have much opportunity to do anything with Chaos as her guest.

Turning her attention to Chaos, Alana angled her body so only he could see her face and lowered her voice so only he could hear her. "I promised Saveli you'd be on your best behavior, so do not do anything to embarass me" Alana hissed, her eyes narrowing to slits as she poked his chest. Turning back towards Saveli and the rest of the group without waiting for a reply, Alana put on a smile. "Saveli...you look amazing. And this place is...nice" she stated. Though other words had drifted into her head, she wasn't going to let her friend know that the only time she was in anything as nice was when she stayed with Chaos.

Saveli, upon seeing people enter, didn't even hesitate to leave Alexei's side, promising she'd come back and talk to him. She first approach Chaos and Alana as they were the first people who she spotted. "Alana. Stunning as always. That lipstick really brings out your eyes!" She spoke, offering a friendly hug. Then she turned her attention to Chaos. She knew who he was of course, what he'd done, but if Alana had brought him that meant he was going to be on good behavior. "Chaos it's good to finally meet you. I'm sure we've passed each other but I've never gotten to introduce myself. Saveli." She remarked before extending a hand to shake his.

After greeting she told them to have fun and help themselves to the chocolates and drinks, then she left to hit the music. There was a mix of classic and modern music for wizards and witches. The bands were fairly well known at least, but if someone wanted it changed she'd of course allow it. Mingling into the crowd again she spotted someone with a package near Alexei. "Hello I don't think we've met. Uhm, what is that?" She asked curiously, smile never leaving her face.

Being ordered around by Alana did irk him to some degree, but Chaos did as what Havoc always told him to do, which was bite his tongue. She'd learn what his best behavior would be. He was going to be the best person around here even if he hated it the whole time. He did not get a chance to reply back too her as she already spoke to Saveli. He looked around the place and it was indeed nice. However, he looked to Alana and thought that his view was better, especially when she wore that red lipstick. Then, Saveli spoke to him directly, saying it as good to finally meet him. Surely, she was not telling the truth. How would it be good to actually meet him? She held out her hand for him to shake, and so, he took her hand into his and gave a special greeting. A small kiss on the back of her hand. He smirked, "A pleasure to meet you as well, Saveli." He looked toward Alana to see how he was doing before he shrugged his shoulders. He asked Alana, "Would you like me to get you something to drink or some sweets?"

Saveli was nothing if not an extremely polite hostess, Alana noted to herself as she watched the teenager shake hands with Chaos and seem genuinely happy to meet him. She didn’t believe for a second that Saveli had somehow avoided hearing about what Chaos had done to get himself expelled, so that was the only explanation. As Saveli headed off and Chaos turned to see how he’d done, Alana gave him a tight smile in response to his shrugging shoulders. “No, I’d actually prefer to dance” she responded, liking the song that was on at the moment. “Do you know how?” she asked with a sigh.

As the blonde haired girl approached him and Alexei, Aion handed over the parcel. "Saveli is it?" He asked, "I'm Aion, Aion Zephya" As a Durmstrang student, it was no surprise she had no idea who he was. "Oh, well you'll have to open it to find out" he winked, not one to give out information easily. He hadn't known at all what the girl would like, so he'd chosen something he would have been glad to recieve. It was a book, The Treasury of Knowledge that had facts and snippets about countries around the world. It was a good book for anyone who enjoyed travelling, and who didn't love a good holiday?
Aion felt the tension in the air between Saveli and another member of the party, and watch as he took another girl off to dance. Aion himself turned his attention to the drinks available, and helped himself to a non-alcoholic cider. He turned back to the group. "Lovely house you have here" he remarked, looking around once again at the grand furniture.

Felix was a little surprised when he received an invitation to a party at Saveli's house. It has been a little while since they last saw each other and after that he was glad to see that she was feeling up to throwing a party given she was so way off being in a party mood when he had found her on the floor in the owlery. Felix managed to hitch a ride with his cousin Axel, who was in town visiting the family, Axel dropped Felix office at the top of the street, gave him an inappropriate comment about sealing the deal with Saveli then disappeared again. Felix shook his head, his cousin was a douche.

The house was bigger than he expected, not that he had really given much thought to where the girl lived, if anything he was surprised that Professor Pendleton lived in such a house. He made his way up to the door which was open slightly with people looking like they had just arrived. Felix made his way in and hung back a little, Saveli was talking to Alana and a boy who appeared as if he had come with her. Felix didn't recognize him at first but his face came back to him, it was Chaos, expelled for attempted murder a few years ago and if the rumors were true, Alana's fiance. When Saveli stepped away from the two Felix took his chance and approached her, she looked a little uncomfortable following her exchange with Chaos. "Hey Sav, nice place you have here, hey didn't you mention something about pressing flowers or something like that? Wanna step away and show me?" He asked in an attempt to distract her from her uncomfortable interaction with Chaos.

Saveli looked at the box and laughed. How had this guy known she's be close to a birthday anyways? Now that she'd asked shed known for a fact that it was in a way a gift. Saveli gave a pleasant smile though and took the box from him. "Well thank you, I'll set it to the side." She tried hard not to seem as if she was weirded out. She hadn't told Alexei it was a birthday party, but he hadn't told him it wasn't. Maybe his friend just assumed. "I'll leave you guys to mingle. Enjoy." She spoke with a smile, before turning around and nearly smacking into another guest. Saveli was surprised. She was sure she wasn't this popular but already there were at least seven people there. Maybe Gabriel wasn't the only friend she had.

Saveli smiled up at a familiar face. "Fe hey! I'm glad you could make it. Here." She wiped the back of her hand on him. "Take a Chaos kiss." She spoke in a joking tone. Even if it was immature it was a great way to break the ice with someone. She'd have done it to Alexei while over there but he didn't know about Chaos as far as she knew. Felix brought up the flower pressing and she smiled wide. "Yeah, i press ingredients too! We can go look at them upstairs." Sav hadn't thought there was anything wrong. As she spoke she noticed Prue come in without a date and though she was eager to say hello to her sister, she also felt as if Prue had a good chance of making friends with everyone there.

Prudence should h ave asked Asa along. She should have been polite, but there was a part of her that still feared his imminent death if he went anywhere with her. Even the school wasn't safe. So there she was, all alone. The girl whose hair was now brunette - it's natural color, looked around the party. Most everyone appeared younger than her, so slowly she ust melded into the crowd, greeting people as she made her way to the fizzy drinks Saveli had set up. She didn't see her little sister anywhere, and wondered if the busy bee was preparing more for the party. She remarked offhandedly to a person next to her. "Maybe I should become a professor if this is how they live."

Viviana wanted to help Saveli with the party but her best friend insisted she'd do it alone. So Viv arrived late, trailing Keeva along to have some interaction with her cousin whom was staying with her while her Aunt was planning her wedding. The bouncing brunette flittered around saying hello personally to anyone, even if she didn't know them, only stopping when she came across Alana and Chaos whom she did recognize. "Alana! You look stunning." Viv made sure to learn nearly everyone's name as she could. And since Alana had hung out with Saveli of course she knew her name. "And Chaos! I haven't seen you since..." There was a pause in her voice. She debated her next words but quickly decided against bringing up the "incident". "Since forever!" She exclaimed, hugging the both of them, with Keeva looking on in an almost disgusted fashion.

Felix recoiled as Saveli went to rub her hand on his cheek, "Gross get that thing away from me," He said and laughed."Thanks now I'm gonna catch his murderyness," He chuckled, Felix knew it was a stupid thing to say but it seemed good to keep the joke going a little. Felix smiled as Saveli confirmed she did in fact press flowers. "You sure you can tear yourself away from your charming guests?" He grinned, one particular guest in mind that Saveli was probably not happy about being in attendance. He saw Prudence arrive in the corner of his eye, he wondered if Saveli would want to go and say hi to her sister or if she would continue upstairs. It seemed to be the later, "Lead the way,"

Saveli laughed at her friend and gave an eye roll. "Listen the guests are entertained by themselves. The only one who will even notice is Alexei, but he's got a friend with him. Besides, I need some air. That way if anyone of conflict shows up like one of Alana's exes, i won't have to deal with the drama." The blonde laughed. It was true. Alana had gotten around to dating a few boys at the school, though Sav didn't know any of them too well. The blonde moved her way up the stairs to her bedroom, the one Monty had prepared for her before she'd arrived. She moved into the pastel colored bedroom and over to the trunk. The music was so loud how was she and Fe supposed to talk? "Go ahead and shut the door, well only be here for a moment." she spoke, digging around for her book. Once she found it she pulled it out and handed it to him, sitting on her bed. Saveli patted the seat beside her. "Come look with me!" She spoke happily.

Soon the guests began to arrive, and Alexei greeted each of them with a smile, reserving the biggest of all for his new friend and dragon-hunting partner, Aion. He hadn't invited anybody else, most of his friends being older than him, but Saveli surely had plenty of her own. Feeling a little alienated from the growing crowd, Alexei headed into the kitchen, where a variety of snacks had been lain out in glass dishes. He took a few of these around to the living room, depositing them on sideboards and coffee tables and generally occupying himself in things that kept him out of everybody's way. When he finally emerged again to look for Saveli he saw her disappearing up the stairs with a dark haired boy she must have known from school. Oh. Well. There were plenty of other people to talk to. But try as he might, he could not muster the energy to strike up a conversation with somebody he didn't know. He edged through the hall and sat down outside on the front step, unable to shift the sinking feeling that he ought not have come to this party. He didn't belong amongst Saveli's friends. They were cooler than him in every regard; reckless, fun, spontaneous. Alexei was just Alexei.

Chaos shrugged his shoulders when Alana refused his offer, though it did not go on deaf ears on what she preferred to do. Chaos then heard whether or not he could. Chaos snorted, "I was taught by my father. We prefer the more classical dance, but I can." He did not mention whether or not liked to, or even wanted to. He was just putting up with it for her. Chaos took his chance and placed a hand upon her shoulder to lead her a little away, and also start to dance before he felt someone else's arm around him, which triggered his anger. Chaos didn't even get a chance to hear who it was, since he was a little distracted by Alana's eyes. His favorite color was red after all. With an angry look, he peeled off the arm that was around him, ducking away and seeing who it was. He narrowed his purple eyes and said, loudly due to the music, "Who the hell are you and how dare you lay a fi-" Chaos paused when he looked at Alana. One of her friends maybe? He silenced himself and folded his arms across his chest. He spoke once more, so that the stranger could hear, "I would like to dance with Alana, if you don't mind." He was trying his best not to hit the girl, which was evident within his eyes, but he promised. And he never broke a promise. Chaos also felt that the guests that knew him would tiptoe around his crime. It wasn't like he cared.

"Well unless Alana's invited her exes we should be fine," Felix laughed doubting that anyone else at the party would have invited anyone of Alana's exes, he knew for sure that he didn't know any of them personally and he wasn't sure that Saveli did either, he was a little surprised though that Alana had come with Chaos and not the boyfriend she had been with at the Valentine's ball. Felix followed Saveli upstairs and into the girls bedroom, he nodded as she instructed him to shut the door, surely if they wouldn't be there long it made more sense to keep the door open but he didn't question it, there were worse places to be than in in Saveli's bedroom with the door closed. He watched as she pulled out a book and handed it to him and patted her bed for him to take a seat. Felix sat beside Saveli and began flipping through the book. "Wow this is pretty cool,"

"The classical way?" Alana asked, eyebrows furrowed for only a brief moment. "Forget all that. This isn't classical dancing" she added, nodding her head to a few other people on the dance floor. She was debating the merits of grabbing his hand when she heard someone speaking to her. At the compliment, Alana smiled as she turned to face the person who was already addressing Chaos. The Slytherin stiffened at the mention of 'the incident' and was caught off-guard when she was pulled into a hug since it had taken until that moment for her to remember the teen's name. Viviana.

As she hugged Chaos, Alana eyed them curiously thinking that perhaps they had been friendly prior to his expulsion from the school. Chaos' next words answered that question as he exploded. Alana had bitten her lip, torn between dragging him away and some other idea she hadn't come up with yet when Chaos looked at her and stopped. Just like that. "Yea, we were about to dance. See you" she pulled Chaos onto the dance floor, turning around to mouth an apology, her face red from embarrassment. She kept pulling him through until they were away from the music. She'd lost interest in dancing. "It was just a hug, Chaos. What the hell? You should be happy anyone cares to see you. Honestly, I'm surprised so many people do" she said in a rush, her voice nearly yelling. Really, had the students all forgotten what he'd done? Alana wished she could. "I'm going to get a drink. Don't follow me" she held up her hands as she backed up and then turned and stomped off to where Saveli had pointed.

Lydia hadn't really wanted to come, not at all, her experiences with end of the year had not been pleasant and really at the end of the day, Lydia was worried that the people at this party would just completely exclude her from the celebration, that she'd spend part of the time just stood alone in one of her professor's houses in England. It just happened to be that Lydia was in England at the time, had she not been there would've been no way she'd have gone, but her mother had decided that they'd visit Ailsa, Eilidh and Kalvyn, a way for them to interact with more family. Since Lydia's father's death, Lydia's mother had been struggling to cope and the time spent with family, Lydia knew had been a great great thing. Seeing the ease with which her mother was now smiling squashed any annoyance Lydia had over it, for Lydia things were just frozen, she still didn't admit or talk about what had happened with her father, and her brother's protectiveness over her had definitely increased given the circumstances. Lydia did however find herself at it, the encouragement from her mother, not wanting to let her down or have her know that at the base of it, Lydia was struggling.

Lydia stepped into the house, wringing her hands together as she looked about the place, she wasn't sure what she had expected from Professor Pendleton's house but it seemed normal in comparison to the slightly eccentric man that had taught them potions. The teen could just about see Felix heading upstairs with the host of the party, and she could spot a few others, she was surprised to see Chaos but then again it wasn't like the boy he'd targeted was here so what was the harm. There was a few that Lydia didn't know, but she knew she wasn't exactly the most sociable person in the year. She wished now she hadn't come, had come up with a better excuse, just called her brother so they could spend time together, because that was surely better than this. The teen moved around the room, hoping to just find a drink of hopefully butterbeer and just spend the allotted few hours at this house before she could go home and spin another lie to her mother.

Even though Chaos stopped from going violent on the person that touched him, it was all in vain because it still managed to embarrass Alana. He was caught off guard and that was something he could not control. Plus, he did not even know the girl. She could not be trusted around him. Chaos folded his arms across his chest and raised an eyebrow as Alana scolded him for exploding like that. He scoffed when she said that he should have been happy that anyone cared enough to see him. She told him not to follow her, but oh, he was not going to be taking orders. He could see that everyone was wearing masks. No one here really liked him for what he did, and he did not blame them. He did not belong in this sort of society, and he only put up with it because he cared for Alana. But he could never fit in with her crowd. Chaos sighed, and pinched the skin on the bridge of his nose. “What a mess.” This was that girl’s fault, and while he could easily make her pay for what she did, he chose not to.

The only thing he wanted to do right now was leave. The house made him feel more comfortable, but the people within it did not. As much as he would have delighted in setting them all on fire for not being true, Chaos had no access to. He already faced the Wizengamot once. He would have preferred not to be like that again. He groaned, knowing that he needed to go calm Alana down. He had no idea how, but he’d try. Chaos headed toward the drink area, following her until he was next to her. He wanted to take her ass outside to deal with this on a more personal level but maybe later when her temper was not at the same level as his. “Look, I can still behave, when I am not caught off guard. And I don’t know her. I don’t know who greets like that to a complete stranger. Was she a friend of yours or something?” Chaos did lose touch with others that were not like-minded during his time away from the school.

The news of Riley's death had come as a terrible blow to all who had adored her, but amongst those distant and less acquainted with her life it was Monty upon whom the matter weighed most heavily. The fixity of his absent expression had prompted even Arvo to suggest he go home and rest, and, after first refusing, he eventually conceded that he was tired, and parted with offered apologies that were affably declined. But the Potions Professor was not truly tired - only pensive; and since Saveli was not expecting him home til after she ought to have been in bed, he first took a walk through the surrounding countryside. When dusk finally fell he apparated back to Eastleigh, and a few moments later turned onto the quite street on which he resided.

Well, it was usually quiet. The closer he drew to his house, the clearer the music became, until he was stood on his driveway, and suddenly there was no doubt as to the beat's origin. His front door was open, and on the step outside there sat a boy Monty did not recognise. It was clearly a party - there were decorations over the door - but with the recent murder still on his mind, his heart rate and step increased simultaneously. "Excuse me?" he said as he approached. "What's going on? Who are you?"

The boy looked up, noticing Monty for the first time. "Oh, hollo," he said quickly. "I am Alexei - oh no. Sir, I can explain - please don't be angry with Savel-"

Monty didn't need to hear any more. He stepped past Alexei and into the house, which was swarming with people. What had Saveli been thinking? Why? Monty had trusted her, taken her word that Alexei was a female friend. Not only had she betrayed his trust in that regard, but she'd thrown a God forsaken party. He'd only intended to be out for the evening! And it got worse. Of all the people she could have invited, Chaos Zhefarovich was here. Monty flushed and tapped the shoulder of the person closest. "Excuse me; have you seen Saveli?"

Saveli giggled slightly and smiled. She'd never thought her flower pressing was cool. The blonde looked at Felix as he flipped through it, eyes gauging his reactions. "Thank you, it's something I really enjoy. I'm not good at much after all." The blonde didn't break her gaze at Felix, wishing for once she hadn't let Gabe ruin things between them, tension in the air thick as butter.

Stupidly Felix was actually looking through the book of pressed flowers as he sat alone with Saveli in her room. He continued to flip through the book when he heard her say she wasn't good at much. He smiled as he looked up at her, she seemed to be intent on looking at him, was she watching for his reaction to her work? The tension between them was as thick as it was the day they officially met. Felix didn't know all the details but he knew Gabriel had a part to play in the reason nothing happened between them after the Yule ball and that was a shame. Saveli was beautiful, Felix could easily lose himself in her gaze. Slowly he slid the book from his lap, his hand cupping her cheek the other lightly on her leg, Felix leaned forward and kissed her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back