Not open for further replies.

Shiloh Denton

OOC First Name
Teigan
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
Shiloh smiled as she walked into the yule ball. She was excited to be at her first Yule ball. She was attending this with her friends because she was too young to attend with any dates as such. So she was waiting for her friends to arrive so that they could have some fun together. She couldn't wait for them all to get here. She was sure she would have some fun. She had been to a few debutant balls back in England but she knew that this was going to be even better. Her dress was just above her shins. Her mother had bought it for her and sent it by owl. So it was pretty expensive.

Willow made her way towards the Great Hall, she felt gorgeous and pretty.
Her small kitten heels clicking down the staircase, she held her head high and smiled.
This was the first proper formal occasion that she has attended, sure the school social that she attended last year
at the muggle school was exciting.

But never did Willow spend almost an hour getting ready for such an occasion as this, her aunt sent her a dress
only mere hours before and sent Willow in a frenzied panic. But now, Willow was beaming, she loved her blue
shimmery dress with the bow attachment.

She looked around the entrance, where a dozen of other people were looking for their friends and dates, Gazing out into
the crowd, Willow found the person who she wanted to find; "Shiloh!...Shiloh!" Willow called out and waved at her and made her way through until she was with Shiloh; "You look absolutely GORGEOUS!" Willow nodded in approval. She was looking forward to the Yule Ball - With her friends.

Shiloh smiled as she heard a voice calling to her through the crowds of others. She looked over at the voice and smiled waving as she saw her friend Willow. She looked amazing. "Oh Willow, you too look amazing" She said as she hugged her friend. She didn't know Willow all that well, but they were friends and she had invited them all to join her. "I cant wait for the others to come." She told them. "Im really excited, this is my first formal function with out my Grandmother" She told Willow as she looked around trying to find any others, that may have recieved her invitation.

Willow returned her friends hug, she didn't know Shiloh well but she was excited in the prospect of getting to know her more throughout the night; "Isn't this exciting? I mean, everyone just looks gorgeous!" Willow couldn't wipe the smile off her face, she was enjoying the occasion already and it hasn't even started.

"This is my first formal function without...well anyone back home" She gave a hesitant laugh, it was true but this was more exciting.
"I wonder what a wizarding formal is like don't you think?" she asked while she was looking out for the others to come, She hoped they'll come soon - she was feeling a bit hungry.

Grace walked into the Yule ball, she was wearing a simple dress or so she thought; to her it was quite ordinary to go to balls and such even a little boring, she had been to much bigger venues and events in her short life. Grace looked around in search of Shiloh. Shiloh was the first muggle born Grace had made friends with and was helping her get over her fears, she was not sure if her parents would appreciate this sudden change in character but in Grace’s opinion it was their fault for sending her to such a school. When Shiloh came into sight Grace walked over to her, she was with another girl, she smiled she had the right necklace that would complement it more. “Good evening, Grace Raven.” She told the unknown girl holding out her hand, it was smooth and quite poise. “Hello Shiloh you look brilliant.” She added looking at her old friend.

Grace looked back at the girl. “Forgive me.” She said as she placed a very expensive necklace around the girls neck, it was her grandmothers but Grace being Grace gave it to the girl because it would complement the gown she wore and make her look even better. “It suits you best.” She commented, it was the wrong shade for Grace and she would be happy to give it permanently to the girl if she so wished, she quickly turned to Shiloh, she had forgotten her for a few seconds. “And for you a small parting gift, I couldn’t wait till the very end of the year and this is the right place to wear such an item.” She gave Shiloh a little box, inside was a ring in the shape of a flower. “It is decorated with pink diamonds.” She told her, pink diamonds were coloured to be pink, they were a tad more expensive because they were liked better even though they are tampered with and logically should have gone down in value.

Sara walked into the great hall, it looked absolutely splendid! She looked down at her dress hoping that the others might like it-she herself wasn't too sure, but it had been a gift and she had worn it for her mothers sake. "At least the colour and style are okay, but did it have to be so short!" She murmered to herself.
She searched around the room, finally spotting Shiloh and Willow. She ran over to meet them, she was used to heels, so she didn't trip.
"Hey guys!" She grinned, then turning toward the other girl who was with them she added. "I'm afraid we haven't met- my name's Sara Moon." She greeted the girl, beaming. "So, are we all enjoying ourselves?" She asked, glancing at the others. "You all look spectacular, may I say- your dresses are amazing!" She grinned, they truly did look fabulous.

tara made her way down to the ball. she was wearing her favourite sari (I haven't got a link yet, because i haven't found the perfect one) she loved the way that the fabric felt against her skin. she walked down the stairs tucking a stray strand of her hair behind her ear, for once it was not constricted by the plat she usually war it it, so it well down to her waist. she had never been to a ball before (they were not influential enough family to be invited to posh events in india, and even if they were balls were not an indian thing) and wasn't sure what to expect, the inside of the great hall was beautifully decorated and thankfully she saw her friends nearby so she quickly made her way over so they could show her what to do. "wow, you all look beautiful" she greeted them. seeing that they were all wearing neat, plain dresses, she was glad she was adding a little vividness and spice to the mix.
she smiled at the girls she hadn't met before. "I'm tara" she introduced herself.

Grace frowned at the new arrival, not because she was new or anything but the fact that her dress was quite short and she wasn’t wearing the right necklace to fully complement the design, so she took things into her own hands, she had decided to take her jewellery box with her to this event so she could help people she thought needed an extra something, she didn’t care if they forgot to return the item as she needed new jewellery anyway. “Here please wear this.” She said giving the girl named Sara a very expensive necklace also, it was very nice and would make the dress look better, it would also distract people from looking at the shortness of the girls dress since it shone very well in light. “Thank you very much Sara Moon, you also look nice.” She said, accepting the compliment with a small bow “I am Grace Raven” She told Sara bowing slightly again.

Grace looked at where the sound was coming from, it was Tara the girl she met at the park, her dress was very vivid and beautiful, it was also exotic, Grace loved exotic and beautiful clothes as they were usually very colourful and exquisite. “You look wonderful Tara.” She told her, Grace didn’t even feel the need to give her something to make it better, but she still had a gift for her as she was considered a friend but she would give her the ring later so it would not clash with her dress. “I have something to give you later Tara.” She told her smiling. “So how have you all been?” She asked making conversation, parties were Grace’s forte she was a great hostess.

OOCOut of Character:
Grace is so trusting :p

Tara smiled at the girls grace seemed to be correcting them on their accessories. but surprisingly she didn't see anything wrong about hers. then grace said she was going to give her something, this made her think that she, was going to get people things. the only thing she had was her pictures, i will just give them the pictures I drew. she thought. "Thanks grace, I wasn't expecting anything. does anyone know what you are meant to do at a ball? she asked hoping someone knew what they should be doing.

Grace smiled at Tara, but she was slightly surprised that she didnt know what to do at a ball though she understood that not many people went to as many functions as she did. “Balls and other such parties are held mainly to give a mans daughter a husband, though that was several years ago and to dance and catch up with past events, like if someone had gotten married and they are also held to celebrate a certin event.” She explained. “But mostly if you are the host you never get to do such things as you should always be circulating the room making sure everyone is comfortable and happy.” She added, she had alot of experience with this, she was in her element, it would be nearly impossible to upset her at this moment, but she did notice that Tara seemed subconsious of the fact that Grace was giving out gifts. “Do not worry, they are of no use to me I do not mind giving my jewlery away.” She said patting Tara on the shoulder with the touch of a feather.

Kate walked in to the Great Hall looking for her friends she had spent ages getting ready and loved her dressHer sister Star had picked it for her as she had been busy with exams she was glad that she had a stylish relative at homeshe didn't even wanted to think what kind of dress her brother would og picked her she was glad she was able to do her own hair as her sister wouldn't be able to do her hair.She was walking around looking for her friends when she saw them she walked over to them "Hi guys"she said "wow ye all look great"she said not recognising one of the girls "Hi my names Kate"she said putting out her hand "The place looks amazing"kate said looking in awe at the place

tara didn't quite understand what Grace was explaining, but she assumed that t was a sort of english way of arranging a marriage. when another hufflepuff she didn't know arrived. she took her hand and shook it as was custom here. "hi, Im Tara, glad to meet you" she said. looking around the room again. "your right it does look amazing tonight.

Vayne walked hurriedly into to Great hall he was about to meet with his friends and he know that he was a bit late. His Grandmother had sent him a formal attire a few days ago after he she had heard about the said ball. Vayne did not really check on it at first as he had nor real intention to attend, however, he realized that it would actually be fun to experience something formal for once. Searching around for familiar faces, Vayne tried to fix his attire, he felt uncomfortable but its just once in a year so he decided to just not mind it.

A huge smile appear on his face when he had finally seen his friends. With a wave, he quickly approached them.

"Hello everyone, all of you look amazing..." He said as he looked at their attire. It was his first time to attend such a ball and he noticed that everyone looked very formal indeed.

"Hi Grace, long time no see..." He said when he noticed Grace whom he had met long ago at the lake front.

"And, hi to you too, my name is Vayne, and you are?" He asked as he turned to the girl whom he had not seen before.

"Oh, that is gorgeous-you have good taste." Sara exclaimed, looking at the necklace. She was a little startled at the strangers generosity, but understood completely, sometimes she just itched to tell people when something didn't match and she knew that the necklace she had on was wrong, but she hadn't been sent all her jewelery yet. "Ok explanation time, not all my clothes have arrived and I didn't know there was a ball here, so I only packed casual. Then, when I found out there was a ball, I sent an owl to my Mam, but she sent this-which I usually wear with leggings, but she forgot the leggings, so I'm stuck looking like.... well, this..." She finished lamely, gesturing toward her legs. Just then another girl arrived "I'm Sara." Sara grinned at the new arrival "You're outfit is gorgeous!" She exclaimed, she had always been attracted to things that were that little bit different . Next her sister Kate appeared. "Hey KK!" She grinned hugging her. "Lovely, Star did a good job, the length is good... You hair looks nice like that..." Sara had a terrible habit of doing that, discussing an outfit out loud, but her and Kate did it all the time, so she knew that KK wouldn't be insulted, especially since she had complememted her.
Then Vayne came up, waving and smiling. "Vayne!" Sara grinned, "Don't you look dashing?" She winked, her Irish accent coming through.

"Nice to meet you too"kate said shaking Tiaras hand "Thanks Sara you look lovely too"Kate said looking at her sisters outfit she turned to wear sara was looking and saw Vayne "Wow Vayne I agree with Sara you do look dashing"she said enjoying the night aready

Vayne reddened a bit when Sara and Kate complimented him, he was not used to such praises.

"Thanks Sara, thanks Kate...Obaa-san, I mean, my grandmother had sent this to me a few days ago, I feel quite uncomfortable though, this is my first time attending such a formal event.." He said softly while he looked around at the decorations in the hall.

Willow smiled at all her friends arriving;

"Sara! Kate! Vayne! Tara!" She gave an excited bounce and gave each of them a hug, if anything she was super excited by now.

She watched a girl giving Shiloh some expensive looking jewelery but thought nothing of it; she turned to the girl, whose name happened to be Grace; "I don't think we have met, but I'm Willow Autumn and I have to say, your dress is amazing" She gave her a smile.

If anything, it seemed like Willow was going to make more friends, and make those existing friends closer than ever.

OOCOut of Character:

Hope you don't mind me joining, Shiloh and Charlotte met before sorting.

Charlotte Edwina Williams hated events such as this. She had to put on a nice and decent dress, do her hair and then find a pair of shoes that matched. Charlotte was however much she hated it, good at it. She had been to so many, it was almost second nature to her. Or was becoming second nature to her. Her first term had been a busy one. She had barely caught up with classes, and she had close to no friends. A simple reason for that, being in line for the throne of Great Britain, meant she had many events to go to, which were almost always unavoidable. And although Charlotte had had barely enough time while at the events to be in the company of her baby sister, she at was able to keep her head up and say, she was a little closer to being in line to the throne. It had been her fathers mistake in thinking they were at the 90s in line for the throne, when in fact, her father was actually 44th in line for the throne. It was a simple mistake, Charlotte Edwina was aware, but she didn't really mind where she stood. It was just good to know she was never going to be some simple life. Edwina's life was a very busy one. She knew, but still on the day of the yule ball. Charlotte had decided that she would, quite literally, let her hair down, and just have a little bit of fun. Possibly find friends among the haze of people that would be in the great hall. Charlotte had picked out a simple short blue dress. With it she wore a pair of stiletto heels, that her mother had given to her for the occasion. It would be her first ball, without the family and if Charlotte was really honest, she was very, very excited. She didn't mind curling her hair perfectly, and carefully painting her nails. She wanted to Wow. But then, Charlotte wasn't really one to stand out. Her shoulder length golden blonde hair, was average, and her eyes, a mixture, of green and brown, did not exactly stand out. She didn't think so anyway. But Charlotte Edwina Williams was hard on herself. Always.

Adding a blue clutch bag, which contained her wand, and lip gloss, Charlotte made her way down to the Great Hall. She walked slowly, and purposefully. Like she had been taught to. She held her head high, and held the hem of her skirt as she walked down stairs. She did this even if her skirt was short. Charlotte felt herself blush a light crimson, as she walked past people. Not because they were staring, but because she didn't know them, and she feared bringing to much attention to herself. Charlotte Edwina walked into the Great Hall and wondered around for a bit. It wasn't until she noticed a familiar blonde that a smile broke onto Charlotte's face. She walked over to her. "Miss Shiloh! It is a great pleasure to see you again. And you look simply amazing." Charlotte said as she reached her, and her group of friends. Charlotte obviously curtsied to Shiloh once she'd finished speaking, something else that had become habit for Charlotte. Now, compared to most others, Charlotte had a very distinct British accent. It was extremely polite and just sounded like Charlotte not just some English girl. It was then she looked around to the group. And to each person there gave a small curtsey. "Good evening. I'm Charlotte Edwina Williams, it's a pleasure to meet you all. And you do all look lovely, you are really putting me to shame."

Willow turned her attention to another girl, she had a distinct accent which only Willow could figure out that she was British. The girl whose name was Charlotte Edwina Williams curtsied at Willow and Willow gave her a smile.

Willow felt like she was in a presence of someone who was supposed to be Royalty of the sort.
"Hello Miss Charlotte" She smiled at the girl and gave the best curtsy she could - or at least tried to curtsy with such a tight fitting dress. Willow bit her lip, it felt a bit too formal, she didn't even mean to call Charlotte 'Miss Charlotte' but it only felt right.
Hopefully during the night, Willow would be able to relax a bit and loosen up and have some fun. She felt old, it was like she has already grown up wearing such a shimmery dress and kitten heels, wearing make up and doing her hair. Willow was only eleven years old and yet she felt like she was fourteen. She wasn't sure if she'd like dressing up this grandly all the time, but for now, Willow felt like a Princess.

Sara looked up at the new arrival, she had beautiful blonde hair and spoke with a british accent -maybe around westminster?- Sara thought to herself "Hello, My name is Sara Moon." She smiled and echoed the girls curtsy, a low bob, lowering her eyes. Then she rose and looked her in the eyes -I guess I'll have to get used to the whole, ladylike, society girl, debutante type of persona, given my new financial status- she thought to herself.
"Don't put yourself down, you look amazing!" She smiled, her excitement shining in her eyes, no matter how Sara tried to remain demure, her eyes always gave her away-off stage anyway.
She turned toward the others and continued. "So everyone, are we all glad that exams are over?" She smiled, her eyes twinkling.

Willow laughed; "Did you HAVE to mention about the exams Sara?" She giggled and answered her question; "I'm really happy exams are over, I thought muggle exams were horrible, but wizarding ones are just stressful!"

Willow looked around at the others, they were dressed more beautifully than Willow was - she was starting to feel a little self concious and was thinking that she should have at least put more of an effort, it became apparent to Willow that he was in the presence of some very high class and wealthy students - something that neither Willow was. Although her family was successful and had a good income from Aunt Alice bakery and cafe and Uncle James's Music Tutions, She had a feeling that their income wouldn't match even those from Charlotte or even Grace's Background.

If was more than anything, Willow was starting to feel a little jealous being around these people.

"Aww, come now, you are incredibly smart, and organised, I'm sure you did great!" Sara grinned, giggling. "I kind of miss my family though..." She continued, more serious. "I was writing to Dad and he said that Ryan and Star missed us." She thought back to the other information that letter had contained and shuddered visibly. "So, how about you guys, is anyone going to visit home?"

OOCOut of Character:
Go Missy!- character spotlight- yaaaaaaay

Willow blushed; "Ah, i'm not that great, I bet I could have done better in some of them...Anyway! we're not here to talk about exams!" Willow giggled before listening to Sara's Comments.

"Yeah, I think i'm going to visit home, although my Uncle James said I could stay another week here at Hogwarts before coming back home for Christmas, he also said you guys can visit if you want...that's if you don't mind staying on a farm or something.." Willow's voice trailed, she said something she didn't think was appropriate, she had an inkling that most of these people she was talking to lived in a mansion or a somewhere more elegant and beautiful. A farm compared to those kind of houses would seem so...disgusting. But Willow called it home, and it was her home since she was four, she had no parents - something that everyone didn't know and she was essentially an Orphan living with her father's brother's family.

Willow sighed, she just wanted to the night to be over.
"...And that's what happens when you get self-conscious baby-cakes." She could hear her uncle say.

OOCOut of Character:
Thank you Maia, it was quite a shock x]

"I wouldn't mind, sure half the people I know in Ireland are farmers." Sara grinned, she loved the outdoors, especially animals and used to go to her friends farms all the time, her parents were teachers, so they had a big garden, but not much space to run, well that was before... the letter-which was wighing heavily on Sara's mind. Willow seemed a bit bothered about something. Sara looked at her questioningly, her head cocked to one side. Then she realised, that maybe she didn't want to talk about it and refered to a more innocent look.

Charlotte Edwina Williams could not help but smile, as she watch two of the girls, whom she did not know, as they greeted her in the same way as she greeted them. It was, as Charlotte said, the most polite thing to do. Although, Charlotte did not. She tended to stick to her ways, as they were the most polite and well mannered way of doing things. Charlotte gave a smile to each girl, Willow, and Sara. Both girls who looked amazing in the dresses they wore. As did the rest in the circle. But Since they had been the first to say hello back to Charlotte she took in the dresses a little more. Giving a small smile of approval to each. Charlotte, did not know much about fashion. She knew only what she had been taught, and both girls, had what her mother called, classy perfect dresses. Charlotte did not let her mind stick to that for too long, as it seemed that the conversation was moving along a little more quickly than Charlotte was practised in. She just nodded along. Wondering if she should say anything. In her experience it was impolite to interrupt someone talking, but this was not a very formal occasion, that she would usual be in attendance of. So for once, Charlotte broke her own personal rules. "I almost missed the exams. I had to go back to England for family matters. I also, have to fly back for the Holidays. I wish I did not have to, but we, my family and I, have already been invited to a Christmas celebration, which requires full family attendence. It is annoying." Charlotte said, with the smallest of sighs. She was of course, going to the Christmas Celebration at the Palace. With all the other members of her family, and about 100 other people that she did not know. Charlotte, since coming to HOgwarts had realised how much her family and the life they lead annoyed her. She could barely stay in the one place for a long period of time. It was more difficult now she was in New Zealand, but that had been the exact point of New Zealand.

"If we knew each other better Miss Willow, I would happy go to your uncles farm. One of my uncles owns a farm on the outskirts of Oxford. He was always a huge fan of Farms. It's been in his family for generations. He taught me a lot about farms. My mother disapproved of that greatly." Charlotte Edwina Williams said with an encouraging smile, sensing that the girl felt odd, since Charlotte was clearly not from a normal background. And the fact Charlotte had attended Finishing School, did not help her gneral mannerisms, and the way she held herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back