Opaleye Assault II

((OOC: okay Bruin, I wasn't really sure what we were doing for the drill, lol))

Estrella waited as once again, the chasers closed in on her. She had almost let the quaffle enter the hoop last time, and she wasn't about to slip up again.

Adrianna hurried onto the pitch, late once again with her Nimbus 2001 under her arm. She'd already grabbed her Beater bat out of the equipent shed. She quickly mounted and sped off toward Bruin.

"Hey, Bruin. Sorry I'm late again. What's the drill? Where do you want me to play?"

Bruin smiled widely at Adrianna, pleased to see that the entire team had made it.
"Hey, no problem...nice broom, I just traded in my 2000 for a 2001 myself!!! Anyways, basically we are doing a little breakout drill to help the chasers and Estrella move the ball out of our end in a hurry after she makes a save. It should really help us counter-attack during games. Basically, I'll go dig the Bludger out and send it up...you and Murtagh, oh yeah, Murtagh is practicing with us today as a back-up beater in case you or I can't play for some reason. Anyways, you and Murtagh are responsible for keeping the bludger away from the rest of our team as they run the drill."

Bruin called out for everyone to take their positions, released a new snitch and two bludgers this time as he threw the Quaffle into the air amongst the chasers. "Let's go..."

Murtaghs spirits dampend as Adrianna walked onto the pitch and took off this meant he would not be needed as much he was very ticked that he had not been here in time for the original qudditch tryouts.

Estrella hovered by the hoops next again, waiting for the next attemptive onslaught on her as a guard.

Zoe wasn't sure of what to do, so she flew around a bit more, with the snitch in her hand. She examined it a bit more. It was marvelously gold, and the designs on it were beautifully done. She then remembered that they couldn't use that exact snitch again, for it had her imprint on it. She wondered if she got to keep it.
Zoe flew down to Bruin.
"Hey B.D. since we can't use this snitch again, can I keep it?" She asked. It would be wonderful for her to be able to put it on a shelf in her room, or if it could still fly she would love it if it could fly around her room.

Bruin smiled at Zoe-Hope. "For sure, if you can catch it, you can keep it!", he paused for a second and then added, thinking about the coming season "...and I hope you have a whole collection of them by the end of the year!!!"

Bruin turned to the rest of the group. "Come on guys, get the lead out!!! We've got work to do!!!"

(((i have been waiting for another chaser to start this time, give them some practice too. hello???? ryan??? heath???? any takers???)))

(((thanks Lily, just so everyone knows, there are some Quidditch try-outs going on and there may be some more players joining Opaleye Assault to ensure we can field a team... I will be emailing everyone to set up an exhibition game soon.)))

(( ok lily i'll start))

Ryan took the Quaffle and started up the pitch again, He flew down the side looking for an open player..

(((yeeeeeeee haaaaaaaw....Opaleye Assault is back in action!!!!)))

(((ryan we are under orders from bruin to score on estrella while she is offline, so.....)))

Lily flew twords the goal where Estrella was hovering. She made sure she was open and yelled to Ryan.

"I'm open!"

(( alrighty then :)))

Ryan threw a hard pass right into Lilys arms and zommed off towards the gaol along side her

Lily caught the pass from Ryan and flew hard twords the goal. She saw Ryan flying along side of her.

"Hey lets try that leapfrog thingy to distract Estrella!" she yelled at him.

"Alright "he said "When i jump through the ball up in the air, i'll pretend to catch it and shoot, but i wont and when u catch it shoot right away ok !" he said with a grin

"Okay sounds like a plan!" Lily replied. She headed for the hoop, waiting for Ryan to make his move.

(((be back shortly. dinner is ready)))

Zoe just gazed as her fellow teammates were playing a game which was popular amongst younger kids, called 'leapfrog'. She then noticed that Murtagh looked a bit sad because he might not be needed much, for he was just a sub. She flew over to him,
"Hey Murtagh, your a beater, right?" She asked him, as she flew around him, with the snitch tightly clenched in her hand.

Ryan prepared for the jump, "Three.. Two..ONE" he said and at one he lept off his broom pretending to catch the quaffle when he was just grabbing air, he made a throwing movement with his arm but there was nothing there. he landed back on his broom and hoped lily had shot already

Lily made the fake pass while Ryan jumped over her head then redirected her throw to the opposite end ring. She swooped away from the rings and Ryan and turned to see the ball go flying thru the hoop.

"YES!!!" she yelled "That was amazing!" Lily grinned at Ryan, knowing that would be a great play to have in their arsenal when games come around.

(((Sorry Estrella, I told them to score when you weren't online ... figure it's the only way will score, cuz you have mad keeper skillz ... always wanted to write that, sorry if itz SO YESTERDAY

As for the rest of you, if I didn't type it already...I've released a fresh Snitch and two bludgers this time... Chasers can set it up again and try one more breakout and then will call the practice to an end!!!! Go team!!! )))

(((Gotcha! I will let Ryan and/or Heath start if they want while I put the youngin to bed. I think we are supposed to drop down and take it to the other end now? Is that right?)))

(((ok, i wasn't sure what was happening)))

Zoe realised the game was starting again, and said to Murtagh,
"C'mon, the game is starting again! We better get going!" She then flew up to her post to keep an eye out, then nearly got hit by a bludger. "Oi! Bruin you gotta keep an eye on them bludgers!" She said jokingly with a wink, then kept looking for the golden shimmer.

(Sorry I've been gone for so long guys, school's killin me)

Heath watched as his 1st year teammates made an amazing goal past the keeper. He was really amazed the skill of this team and felt confident about their first game.

He swooped down low and floated towards the opposite side waiting for the seeker to pass the quaffle out to start the game again.

"Good job guys!" Estrella exclaimed. She was quite dissapointed that she had missed the quaffle. That leap frog move was quite impressive, she had to admit. Her losses would just have to make her play harder. She hovered by the hoops once more, waiting for practice to continue.

((it's okay; I can only be on here for an hour and a half a day, school is nuts. I don't have the net at my dad's. :(
and yes i have mad keeper skillz; thanks Bruin! :lol: :cool: lol))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back