Opaleye Assault II

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin wandered out onto the pitch. His team's first practice had been cut short by Groundskeeper Willie's maintenance schedule, but they were close to being finished anyways so starting fresh with the full team seemed like the right thing to do. Bruin went into the shed and retrieved the Quidditch supplies that they would need and waited for the team to arrive.

"Hey Bruin!" Estrella yelled, waving at him as she walked onto the Quidditch pitch with her Firebolt in hand. "What's the plan for today?" She kicked off into the air and waited for his reply.

Lily headed out to the field with her Firebolt. She was hoping to be able to practice without the random interuptions today.

"Hey guys!" she said as she approached the field. "Bruin, need any help getting the stuff out?"

Bruin was so anxious to try out his new Nimbus 2001, beater bat and Quidditch Gear that he really hadn't thought much about an actual plan for the practice. He wasn't sure if the new alternate beater, Murtagh Malfoy, might show up or not, but he had told Headmistress Barker that he could practice with them if he wanted to. It would be nice to have an alternate work with the team in case someone was injured or otherwise unable to play when the season started.

"Well, I suppose we could pick up where we ended off yesterday with a little three on three game. That way we can at least get some experience with what it will be like out here with Bludgers and Snitches flying around. And that way, most people can actually practice what they will be doing in our games. I am pretty much leaving flying practice up to the individual team members, but do you think there are any tricks or stunts we should work on as a team???, Bruin had this annoying habit of thinking out loud, but hoped Estrella and Lily didn't mind.

Zoe walked onto the quidditch pitch, with her firebolt in her hand, and had just heard what Bruin had said.
"Hey Bruin, I was thinking, maybe we could practise dodging people, I'm not sure how, but I think that would be a very useful skill for us as a team." She said as she mounted her broom and flew around a little bit.

"Oh, and I almost forgot, I've been working on setting up an exhibition game against one of the other teams to try out the official Quidditch rules here at Hogwarts."

(((OOC - Liz, Kaela and I have been discussing setting up an exhibition game or two to get people used to playing with the points system...basically, trying to go through a slow motion version of a real game (i.e have it play out slowly over a few days to give everyone an opportunity to try posting), even posting as if we were actually using the Quidditch Points system (+10 for this, -10 for that, at the end of each action.), although we wouldn't actually lose points and would in fact be given credit for them by practicing in this manner I ran the idea by Alicia and she thinks it would be a good idea. Keep your eyes open for a new thread with Exhibition Game in the Topic Title.)))

"That's a good idea Z-Hope...let's see how you do!!!". Bruin hopped on his new broom and accelerated straight for her, surprised at how much more speed the Nimbus 2001 had than his older model, screaming at the top of his lungs as the distance between them narrowed.

"An exhibition sounds like a lot of fun!" Lily shouted with a laugh at Bruin's screaming figure. Lily hoped that Zoe-Hope would be able to dodge Bruin's assult and was watching for any pointers she could gather.

As Bruin was headed towards her, Zoe sped towards him, to somewhat frighten him, then just as they were about to collide, she swerved up, and completely missed Bruin! Then she flew around a little bit more.

Bruin held his course as he and Zoe-Hope sped towards each other, partially not wanting to show weakness and partially trying to prevent picking the same direction to dodge in as Zoe-Hope and colliding anyway. Fortunately, for both of them, Zoe-Hope swerved upwards at the last moment and Bruin only needed to duck slightly to avoid gettng clubbed in the head by the end of her broom.

Bruin laughed, admiring her fearless response to his charge. "Alright, let's play some follow the leader until the rest of them show up...any volunteers to lead?"

(((I will be gone most of today. We have a playdate and then I am seeing Smashmouth. I will try to check in if I can but feel free to godmod me as needed thru the follow the leader stuff)))

"I think follow the leader sounds fun!" Lily said. "But NOT IT! I don't feel ready to lead just yet." she said with a smile.

Murtagh walked onto the field and straddled his brand new fireblot. He kicked of hard from the ground and sored hi he flew towards Bruin so that he could ask what he should do. He had never attended a quidditch practice before and he was sort of nervous, But all the same when he got to Bruin he said, "Hey what would you like me to do?"

"Hey Murtagh, glad to see that you were able to join us. We were just going to do a little follow the leader game to practice flying until the rest of the team arrived. Have you met Lily, Zoe-Hope, or Estrella before?", Bruin asked with a smile, glad to see that Murtagh was keen on being involved.

Ryan walked on to the Pitch, it had been a wihile since he had been flying and was ready to get back. he saw Bruin there and yelld over " Hey Bruin!, I'm back" Ryan said with an evil grin laughing

"Okay, so are you the leader in follow the leader, Bruin?" Estrella asked quizzically.

"Hey, welcome back Ryan...we're just about to play follow the leader so feel free to join in.", Bruin yelled to him with a smile.

Bruin thought for a moment about Estrella's question, he didn't want to always be the one that everyone was looking to for direction, preferring people to step up and lead when they wanted to and following when their teammates wanted a chance taking over. He looked at the assembled group and realized they were still a couple people short. "Alright, see if you can keep up!!!"

Bruin was anxious to see what his new broom could do so he bolted off, making a bee-line for the far set of hoops. He pressed himself low against his broom and realized that he had never flown this fast before, but he didn't mind. This Nimbus 2001 was awesome and he began to wonder whether the Firebolts were this quick, having never ridden one. He hoped that the others were falling in line behind him, because he was headed for the centre hoop and had no intention of slowing down while he passed through it.

Lily realized as she followed Bruin that they were headed right for the center hoop. "Alright, here goes nothing" she thought as they didn't seem to be slowing down at all and were gonna pass right thru it.

"Bruin that was great! I didn't realize we would fit!"

As soon as Bruin had passed through the hoop, he pulled upwards slightly and leaned backwards pointing his broom upwards and climbing towards the sky. He maintained this position until he had done a slow backwards roll, now flying upside down and back in the direction that they had come from. Holding on tight to his broom as he hung upside down, he looked below to watch the rest of his teammates approach the hoop.

Heath ran onto the pitch, late for practice, just in time to see Bruin fly through a goal hoop and loop back around. He grinned at his friend's performance before mounting his broom and taking off towards the action.

(Hey guys, sorry I've been gone for so long, my computer was out for over a week, hope I didn't miss too much)

Ryan was approching the hoop and got very nervous, but he dident show it and went stright through the hoop. As he did so he saw a teammate he had never met before, he turned around and headed down lower " He i'm Ryan, you must be our last teammate" he said with a smile

Estrella sailed through the hoop with ease, having done this many times before to practice her agility. She waited for the next trick that Bruin would pull with eagerness.

Bruin noticed that they had seven people, only missing Adrianna to complete the roster. Having Murtagh involved was good as it gave them a full team to start practicing with. He shifted his weight quickly and swung himself upright, accelerated to the centre of the pitch and then hovered there about 30 feet above the ground, waiting for his teammates to complete the stunt and join him.

Lily saw Bruin pull himself into an upside down position on his broom. She thought, what the heck and went for it. She really hadn't been on her broom too much before their practices so some of the more techical tricks were new to her. She pulled off the roll fairly easily, surprisingly. She flew over to where Bruin was hovering to see what was up next.

Estrella hung upside down with ease, but swung up quickly to avoid getting dizzy from the blood rush to her head. She swung herself upright and zoomed to where Bruin and Lily were, waiting for the next step.

Bruin smiled at Lily and Estrella as they hovered and waited for the others to join them. "You know, I think we've got the makings of a pretty impressive team here!", he said enthusiastically.

"Woohoo to Opaleye Assault!" Estrella exclaimed. "Yeah, we're gonna kick butt."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back