Opaleye Assault II

Ryan saw lily grab the Quaffle and tore off up the pitch hoping for a pass...

Bruin, like Murtagh, was keeping one eye on the Bludger, but seeing as it was still moving around the far end of the pitch looking for its first target, he was able to hover and watch the Chasers and Zoe-Hope roar into action.

Lily saw Ryan break away from the rest of the team, setting himself up for a pass. Lily sat up on her broom, after checking where the bludger was, and threw the quaffle hard in Ryan's direction.

Zoe rose up in the air and kept her eye out for the snitch. She saw a glimmer of light, off in the distance, and raced towards it, only to realise that it was a glimmer of light rebounding off one of the hoops. She took her place once again up in the sky, slowly circling around, desperatly searching for the golden snitch.

Ryan saw the pass comming from lily and caught it in full flight. He sped up towards the hoops wondering if the was anyone open for a pas or if he was maybe goin to try a trick play by himself

Lily moved quickly twords the end of the field where Estrella was guarding the hoops. She was open, but not sure if Ryan would pass or try to put it thru on his own.

Zoe watched from up above as the rest of her team was playing, then she got another shimmer in her eye, of gold. It was by the Ravenclaw sitting area. She flew for it as fast as she could, on her firebolt, it was no trouble at all. She was right in front of it, she reached her hand out and....It flew away!

"GAHHH!!" She yelled as she barely missed the snitch. She then flew away to follow it, but only to realise that she had lost it.

Estrella watched Ryan; she wasn't sure if he was going for a feint and going to pass it, or try to throw it in past her. She gripped the end of her Firebolt, ready to go where the Quaffle went.

Bruin admired the way the Chasers were working together and how Estrella seemed poised to defend the goal when he noticed the Bludger alter its direction and head after Zoe-Hope. Bruin sped forward to intercept it, making note of where Murtagh was and figuring he could use some practice whacking the Bludger as well. Bruin raised his new bat and swung hard, following through his swing and sending the Bludger off in Murtagh's direction, hoping he would be prepared for it when it arrived.

Ryan looked over at Lily " Lily here!" he said with a yell. He made the motion with his arm and Estrella went for it flying over to Lilys side when insted the ball was already flying at the other hoop.

((Sorry lily just wanted to do that ))

Lily looked at Ryan when he yelled and made to catch the quaffle. Wait a minute, its a fake! she thought, grinning as Ryan went for the hoop.

(((not a problem, fakes are always fun - we should work up a thing where you do the leap frog thingy over me and pass it or fake with it or something. could be a fun play!)))

((Yeah , i was thinking like i could do it if say u had the ball and when i jumped over u or sumthing u threw it up and i could like fake shot it then pass it or sumthin :)))

Zoe watched as the game below her was going on,
"Thanks for the save Bruin," And continued to look for the snitch. Still no sign of it, She flew around a little more.

Estrella saw the feint and spun around, caught off her guard. She nearly missed the red ball, but brushed it with her fingertips, just knocking it out of the way as it almost entered the hoop. Tossing the Quaffle back to Ryan, she beamed, and shrugged her shoulders, saying, "Better luck next time." She watched as all of the players fell back to the other side of the field.

Murtagh jumped as he saw the bludger hurtling towards him he had been so engrossed with the chasers he had forgotten but when he saw it he thought hmm where should I hit it. After a split seconds thought he just decided to hit it in the relative direction of the commentators podium.

(((OOC - just for clarification of the drill... Estrella, when you make a save, the chasers are now on your team.... the one closest to you is supposed to drop 10 feet and you hit them with a pass...basically, it's supposed to make it quick and easy for us to go from you making a save to us moving the ball forward again. For this drill, we would only go back to centre and come in and try and score again if we score on the first attempt...we'll try it again...)))

"Hey Ryan!", Bruin yelled, "take the quaffle back out to centre and come in on Estrella again with Lily and Heath!!! Just remember everyone, if Estrella makes the save, then we run the breakout play!!! Maybe you can even try your monkey flip thing this time."

Zoe continued to look for the snitch, and saw that Estrella made a save.

"Great save Estrella!" and then she saw it. right by the left hoop. Zoe flew to it as fast as she could, reached out her hand, and grabbed the golden snitch!

"I got it!!! I got the golden snitch!!!" She yelled outloud to everybody

(((OOC: If you don't want me to catch it, ill edit my post.)))

"Way to go Big Z!!!", Bruin yelled, "Now, do you want me to release the fast one???", he added only half jokingly...

Zoe gave him a no-meaning dirty look, for she knew he was joking.

"Ha ha ha ha very funny Bruin. you should become a comedian!" She said sarcastically with a wink. ;)

"What do you mean become one...let's face it, I already am one!!! Sometimes the audience just sucks, that's all!!!" Bruin yelled back... "Alright folks, let's g'uuuuuuuhhhh....", Bruin rocked a little on his broom as the Bludger slammed into his back. "Owwww!!! Those buggers really hurt!!!", he said as he spun around on his broom and swung violently down at the Bludger, driving it several inches into the soft turf below. He followed it down to the ground, dismounted and began pounding it repeatedly deeper and deeper into the turf.

"Hit me from behind will you...well, I'll show you!!!" WHAM!!! POW!!! SPLAT!!! (think old Batman re-runs). Bruin stood over the now fully buried Bludger, gave it one final smash and then yelled at it "And don't forget to tell your friends what happens to Bludgers that mess with me or my team!!!!".

Bruin calmly remounted his broom and rejoined his teammates... "Alright, what are you all, um, flying around for...let's go... run it again!!!" :p

Zoe wasn't sure what to think of Bruins actions...other than think ifhe was either still in the 'act' or if he was for real. (((jks))),

"Errr, are you okay, B.D.?" She asked, maybe that the Bludger had hurt him mentally.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine...I just get a little edgy near the start of the school year, that's all!", Bruin said with a wink ;)

"All the stress is it? " She said, for term began tomorrow, and she too was nervous. and flew around a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back