New user guidance

Eadred Harrison

First year Ravenclaw
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
11¼" long, made of hawthorn, and possessed a phoenix feather core. Reasonably springy.
Hi there! I was wandering around on the internet, and came across this place. I know some RP basics, and I have some experience on RP forums (not English one). This place is is new, and I was struggling to find some basic advise about character making process. How to applay to somewhere? I actually can play kid, can play adults etc. So I'm not looking to find some 'special' spot.

For the record: I know my English kinda sucks, so I need to clarify it's not my first language.

Thanks.

Hey Eadred, welcome to HNZ :) Don't worry about your English, a lot of people on here have English as a second language, and you're doing fine!

The character making process on HNZ is a lot simpler than some other RP sites, you don't have to apply for basic characters at all. You can just make your account and start RPing right away! Some things require applications, like werewolf characters or certain careers, but for a normal person just living their life, you're all good to go! Sorting unfortunately isn't open right now, but if you want to make a student character you can start off RPing them waiting for their turn to go to Hogwarts :)

I'd recommend checking out the information tab for more info about how things run on HNZ, site rules and whatnot, and if you've got more specific questions feel free to drop me a message, I'd be happy to help you out :)

Hi Eadred, welcome!

I'm also not a native English speaker, there are plenty of us here! You don't have to apply to RP a kid or an adult, applications are only needed for special characters or roles (and can be found here)

The school year is currently ongoing so you can't sort a character at HNZ, but you can make a student at a different school or an adult, or RP a character before they go to HNZ next year.

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thanks for advice both of you!
I'll read those articles, but yes, I have question about RP ethics here. Can I just end up just joining somewhere (of course if logical to be there) or I need to get agreement from those who post there?

If a thread says [Open] at the beginning of the title, that thread is open for anyone to join! It's worth skimming the first post in case it clarifies that it's open after a particular person replies, but generally speaking anything that's open is free to join :) If a thread says [Closed] it's private, and if you want to get involved the original poster of the thread needs to agree first.

Nice! Thanks! I'll try to find some place for me to post. And yes, it's so weird to write literate text in English. But, hey, always need to do something the first time!

Last edited:
If you need any more help, feel free to drop me a private message any time :)

I can imagine it must be difficult to write in a second language! I'm always so impressed with HNZers who RP in their second language, you guys are champions :D

Hi Eadred!

Welcome. Rowan and Daphne seem to have you all sorted, so I leave you in their capable hands, but I wanted to drop by and say, hey! Welcome to the board, there's actually an entire section of the board dedicated to welcoming newcomers if you wanted to say hi there, but otherwise this works well!

Look forward to seeing you around!

Hi Eadred! Cool name by the way. Like they said, feel free to message any of us here.
Also, if you are cool with it, I have a new sortee for next IC year. You might be interested in RPing them together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back