NaNoWriMo 2016

James Cade said:
Day two. Word count: 0

Struggling to see how I'll write anything at this point.

Questioning my decision to do this.
Maybe you can try what I suggested above. If you've got a scene in mind for one of your characters that you never planned to rp, start with that- even if it's only a couple hundreds words or so.

This is what I expect to do because I'm too ill to write more than a little at a time. After reading the comments and encouragements in this read, I've come to realise that the point isn't to write your magnum opus, but to get your creative juices flowing and to try and push past the "I can'ts", "I have no good ideas", "This doesn't sound right", etc.

Those little moments you dream of for your head characters and board characters deserve to be written down. This is what you should do for yourself.

YAY GO AARON! :woot: And also, I admire you all for sticking at it and staying so positive :wub: I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I'm like 'every word is a word you wouldn't have had!' and then when I only write 600 words I'm like 'I'M FAILING' =)) but you guys remind me it isn't about that.

Awhh :wub: thanks KR! I was having a super bad day yesterday and may have posted a little impulsively. I've decided to drop the story I didn't like very much and start afresh on an old idea I had that never went anywhere, but totally should have. I do want to stick to the word goals so that means writing a little over 3000 words today, but I got this.

Edit: Just realised I can still finish if I write 1,725 words a day yay :party:

Ive yet to write much. No excuses but I've nowhere to write at the moment. Using my phone is hardly appropriate given I can. Surely type as it is xD

Title: A Life For You
Synopsis: Tired of trying and failing to conceive a child with her husband, Kylie Austin seeks a miracle to help her have a child. A spell of this nature is expensive and without money, Kylie must pay with something more precious. Her firstborn. Kylie's life will change forever and there is nothing she can do to stop it.

Sounds like a decent excuse to me. :teehee: But oooh I love your synopsis. Sounds awesome :o

How is everybody getting on with this? It's day 6!

I somehow managed to scrape together 3000 words, so I'm happy with that! Also changed the name of my Main character to Sybil, over Kylie.

I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind honestly but I have exams next week so it's not that surprising. I did nearly finish a chapter of my fanfic so that's something. I think I'll try to catch up after exams but I'm not too upset if I don't win.

Nice Teigan!! :party:

Totally understandable, Daphne :hug: Good luck with your exams!! I'm sure you'll do great :woot:

I should be hitting 10,000 words today... the quality of those words, however, has been declining rapidly since day 5 xD I would rather burn this draft than let anybody see it. But I'm just trying to get the story down so I can write it all nicely later :woot:

So currently I am WAY behind xD I've just hit 4000 words and so I definitely need to do some catching up to get where I want to go, but the good news is that my protag finally has a voice and I'm starting to see it all unfolding. I spoke to a couple of author's yesterday via twitter and they gave me so good advice. I plan on taking that onboard as I head into my third consecutive day of non-stop writing. I need to stop self-editing, it's what is making my life difficult at the moment. I just have to get it all down. Also massive thanks be to KR and Tenile who rewrote a couple of lines for me and helped get my head out of the rutt it was in :D

Yass go Teigan! :party: It's almost like having to rewire your brain if you're used to self-editing everything as you go... But just remember you're writing draft zero, which is about the story and not the words themselves particularly! You can do it!!

Sooo... I gave up on nano about halfway through the month :p is anyone still going strong?

I am so far behind ;_; BUT I AN DETERMINED!!! I will get that win!

I've yet to hit 1000 but haven't technically given up yet.

i donated and everything! I REFUSE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back