Midsummer Werewolf

Oh daaang I'm so bothered we've lost two villagers. RIP guys!

I have been suspicious of Steph since early on in the game, and now with two more villagers gone it only makes me more suspicious of her. So I'm also going to vote to lynch Steph.

I do agree with everything Kathy has said so far and I'm slightly (juuust slightly) more trusting of her than of anyone else at the moment. Kait is as suspicious as she was before and given the stuff involving the inactive players being more likely to be regular wolves, I wouldn't be surprised if the cursed was Jesse or Kathy at this point. But for the moment I'll stick with voting for Steph unless something else comes up.

Sorry if this does not make sense I'm in a rush and tired af =))

I'm going to vote to lynch Ash I feel like she's a wolf.
I find it interesting that yesterday it was your idea yet you didn't actually vote, and then you pass blame to me because I did agree with your suggestion and I was around to vote. I voted because we were following with what Phoebe thought, as per your suggestion of who we vote for and she was the only cleared innocent by the seer who was active the past day who put forth a vote. She thought we should go after people she believed were wolves, she thought Maia was a wolf, Maia wasn't. Doesn't make me a wolf for voting with Phoebe xD

So yeah your mighty suspicious in my books. You'll find that I'm not a wolf when I die and that I haven't been a wolf. Also saying that I'm not interested in finding the wolves is a lie when in my previous I state my belief that the wolves have to be in the quiet group ie. Rowan and Ash. I can't harm people during the night phase because I'm not a wolf (as you've said your reasoning for Kait), so mistake on your part for voting for me.

Saying Rowan and Ash are unknown I believe is exactly what they want, at least Ash, Rowan has been around we have some stuff to go off for Rowan. Saying the whole you're a wolf voting for wolf, yet as a wolf you'd know I'm not a wolf...sooo when it comes up that I'm not a wolf I wonder how the people will look to you :p

Also going off Maia who was a villager didn't trust you I don't think you've rightly earned the trust you have. One can't be sure until you're dead or if the seer had cleared your name but sad I won't see the end of the game but not really cause this has been too stressful xD But I also can't wait to see the results of who everyone is at the end either. It's been, sort of, fun peeps :p (ooc:Kathy we need to rp at somepoint btw)

x_x

Rebuttal:

I didn't vote last day phase due to a combination of real life things (posted my suggestion, proceeded to make a cheesecake, then went to watch the All Blacks play Argentina in my hometown of New Plymouth - you don't get home from something like that until crash to sleep you're so tired time). I also didn't vote because I didn't believe Maia was a wolf (as I had also said the day phase before, it had been a pretty constant belief of mine ever since before we started wondering about who the Cursed person might be). However, voting for someone else other than who Phoebe suspected, especially when it was my suggestion to vote with her, would have spread unneeded discord - and for all I knew, Maia might very well have been a wolf, and I was wrong again.

But see, this is my problem. When Steph says she's not a wolf, it sounds somewhat believeable (as did Jesse's defense, aggressive though it became) - unlike, for example, Lovi's defence, which I felt was pretty see-through right from the beginning. So, acting on that, I am going to follow where Steph seems adamant to point, and switch my vote from her to Rowan. Trusting Anna to keep her vote for Steph, as I think she should, this puts Ash, Rowan and Steph at one vote each, and if it stays that way there is a 2/3 (if not 3/3) chance of lynching a wolf once the random number generator comes into play. Is this concurrence with your suspicion agreeable, Steph? I notice you once again shied away from Rowan by voting for Ash, even though he's hardly any more or less suspicious than her - he's posted a grand total of twice, once to offer his thoughts on the manner of Daph's death, and the second to pretty much blindly vote for Lovi in the manner that she herself voted for Dan. I'm not saying that does or doesn't make him a wolf, but it doesn't make him any more or less suspicious than Ash, who you have continued to try and mention a little more loudly.

(Also, clearly if Steph is the one who turns out to be a villager I'm the greatest suspect - I know this, and it changes nothing about my tactics. Make of that what you will, but I will sing it to the grave that I am a villager and be proved right about it.)

So. While I'm technically absent, I had a short amount of time to read through the discussions today, and took issue with this.

Maia said:
I also feel like Jesse was being overly defensive. When somebody accuses you, getting super defensive is always suspicious, but understandable, but what I don't get why he didn't respond really to the suspicion? Claire's logic was sound, but instead of responding, he just said it made no sense, which it did, so I find that weird.
Jesse's coming in to defend himself again. Though rather than defending my innocence, I don't like my ability to play/my logic to be questioned, so it's more about that.

First of all, I like to think I was adequately defensive. It's human nature.
Secondly, I did respond to the suspicion. What I didn't respond to was Phoebe's harrying of who I thought was suspicion - something I had already answered earlier in the day, which apparently everyone missed. In all honesty, I was more engaged with Claire than I was with Phoebe, on top of it being 4am, which is partially why I never sought to repeat myself.

The greatest issue I have is people defending Claire's argument of "the most suspicious person is innocent." and saying that a wolf would have to be among those voting. Which is wrong.

Now, I never pursued Mathematics into my senior years of high school, but I did learn it in primary school, and if I recall, 1+1=2.
I was, and still am, suspicious of Kait and Steph, however I won't be voting simply because I don't really have time to participate actively throughout the rest of the game, so the town is on its own when it comes to actually lynching the wolves.
Bringing it back to basic mathematics, I wanted to bring up the flawed argument of "Kait/Steph/whoever else are most likely to be innocent because all of these people are suspicious of them, so they couldn't possibly be!"
Except not everyone was.
At the time, there were ten(I believe) players. Out of the ten, 2/3 + the sorceress are evil. As the sorceress doesn't actually know who the wolves are, however, I'm not counting them among the wolves. Which gives us this
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :linda: :linda: :linda:
My example will use Kait, who I believe is a wolf. Kait had six people suspicious of her, and those who were not were Anna, Ash and Rowan. Steph too, was only (ish) suspicious of her, which she pretty much felt about everyone. Anna was proven to be the Hunter, but Ash and Rowan have no proven roles.
So, the votes were :) :) :) :) :) :) and the remainder was :) :linda: :linda:
Or, without an active cursed,
:) :) :) :) :) :) ---- :) :) :linda:
Huh. Funny how that aligns with the amount of wolves in the game, isn't it. Notice how none of the people suspicious necessarily have to be a wolf?
So to everyone who didn't understand why I thought it didn't make too much sense, and claimed it was a "sound argument"- it's not. Thank god for math.

Here are my thoughts.
Kait, Steph, Ash, Rowan are the most likely evil people. As such, I'm happy with the current three-way voting. I'm leaning more towards Steph being the sorceress, as she's voted for whom I suspect to be a wolf without fully committing to it, because I believe she doesn't know who the wolves are, as the sorceress doesn't.

That's all. Good luck with the rest of the game.

What happens if there is a tie? Is everyone lynched? Or just a random person out of the three?
I feel like this is an important question I need answered before I place my vote.
Okay so I don't really want to leave this up to a random generator. Reading back a little bit, I'm still suspicious of Jesse, Rowan, and Ash. Jesse is too defensive and Rowan and Ash are laying extremely low. Rowan posted an absence several days ago so I don't think he's as much of a threat even though I think Rowan is a wolf. Jesse doesn't have any votes yet so voting for him just makes it a four way vote. Ash has been active but just not posting any thoughts. Therefore, I vote to lynch Professor Kida Frost because she already has a vote, and I think there's a good chance she's a wolf.

Things have come up. I will not be able to move the phase on tonight, I do apologise. You will have an extended day phase until I have the time to prepare things. Sorry once again.

Lyra Potter said:
Okay so I don't really want to leave this up to a random generator.
Sorry wolfie, I'm switching my vote back to Steph.

This just convinces me that Ash is the other villager, as you and Steph can't both be innocent - one, if not both of you, are trying for an easy scapegoat.

Usually I play this game without any input until there's a threat to me. So I'm going to vote for Steph.

Well, I'm going to switch my vote back to Rowan again - that way Steph and Ash will still be tied at 2 votes each, and someone might come along and also vote for Rowan (who everyone seems to think is a wolf but haven't been able to properly do anything about yet). A three-way tie has better odds of getting a wolf than a two-way one, after all.

The villagers were once again gaining momentum as they kept trying to weed out the pestilence amongst them. One in particular kept changing the votes by switching between people faster than the others could keep up. Eventually a tie was formed, and the villagers shook lots as to who should be killed...

My count: [ul][li]Georgina Night - 2</LI>[li]Kida Frost - 2<LI>[li]Ainsley Lynch - 1[/li][/ul]
By RNG, Professor Kida Frost, a werewolf, has been killed. It is night.
People respected the Mayor as being the leader of their little village, and people looked up to his wise counsel. Although his input was small, it was always greatly valued, and so it was a devastating blow to the remaining villagers when they found his body sprawled across the street. All they could think of was that the wounds were on the front of his body; at least he had been brave until the end...

Evelyn Manning, the Mayor, has been killed. It is day.

So after yesterday, here's my thinking:

Steph is likely not a wolf-wolf, as I don't see why she and Ash would vote for each other like they did if they both knew they were wolves.
Neither Rowan nor Jesse was online yesterday, and as someone died, they can't be a wolf team.

Kait, however, panicked as soon as she saw the odds for a random lynching were 2/3 (if not 3/3) in favour of getting a wolf. She's also the person I've most consistently been sure is not the last remaining villager (other than myself), mainly due to the continuing suspicions that have been raised about her all game. Thinking back, I thought Teigan's death was kind of random at the time, and assumed it was because the wolves were trying to find the seer by trial and error. However, she was killed the night after Abby was lynched - Teigan was the first person to vote for me that day, who was then followed later by Kait (Teigan was the first vote of the day, Kait was the third). Both switched their votes away from me once the Abby train started, but Teigan was the one that died - a ploy to make me look like I was a wolf acting out against the first vote I had received all game? Too bad it never took, right wolves?

Today I have more (but different!) tables:
So here are all the remaining possibilities, knowing both mine and Anna's roles as villager and hunter.
Jesse
Kait
Rowan
Steph
Cursed
Sorceress
Villager
Wolf​
Cursed
Sorceress
Wolf
Villager​
Cursed
Villager
Sorceress
Wolf​
Cursed
Villager
Wolf
Sorceress​
Cursed
Wolf
Sorceress
Villager​
Cursed
Wolf
Villager
Sorceress​
Jesse
Kait
Rowan
Steph
Sorceress
Cursed
Villager
Wolf​
Sorceress
Cursed
Wolf
Villager​
Sorceress
Villager
Cursed
Wolf​
Sorceress
Villager
Wolf
Cursed​
Sorceress
Wolf
Cursed
Villager​
Sorceress
Wolf
Villager
Cursed​
Jesse
Kait
Rowan
Steph
Villager
Cursed
Sorceress
Wolf​
Villager
Cursed
Wolf
Sorceress​
Villager
Sorceress
Cursed
Wolf​
Villager
Sorceress
Wolf
Cursed​
Villager
Wolf
Cursed
Sorceress​
Villager
Wolf
Sorceress
Cursed​
Jesse
Kait
Rowan
Steph
Wolf
Cursed
Sorceress
Villager​
Wolf
Cursed
Villager
Sorceress​
Wolf
Sorceress
Cursed
Villager​
Wolf
Sorceress
Villager
Cursed​
Wolf
Villager
Cursed
Sorceress​
Wolf
Villager
Sorceress
Cursed​
If we take out all possibilities where Steph is the wolf or cursed, Kait is a villager, and Jesse and Rowan are a cursed/wolf team, we are left with:
Jesse
Kait
Rowan
Steph
Cursed
Wolf
Sorceress
Villager​
Cursed
Wolf
Villager
Sorceress​
Sorceress
Cursed
Wolf
Villager​
Sorceress
Wolf
Cursed
Villager​
Jesse
Kait
Rowan
Steph
Sorceress
Wolf
Cursed
Villager​
Villager
Wolf
Cursed
Sorceress​
Villager
Cursed
Wolf
Sorceress​
Wolf
Cursed
Sorceress
Villager​
Jesse
Kait
Rowan
Steph
Wolf
Cursed
Villager
Sorceress​
In every one of these possibilities, Kait is either the wolf or the Cursed.
What defence do you have for us today, Kait? I will be voting later, but there's plenty of time to do that.

I voted for Ash. Why would I "panic" and vote for a wolf if I was a wolf? I could have not voted or voted for another person to make a four way tie. That makes no sense. I told everyone yesterday that I think Jesse, Rowan, and Ash are all wolves, so maybe I was wrong about one of them. Out of Jesse and Rowan, one could be a wolf and the other a sorceress. Maybe I was wrong though. Maybe you are a wolf which is why you were so adamant about keeping a tie. Maybe you were trying to save Ash.

I followed Teigan on the first day because the second person that voted had voted for me. I was trying to save myself which is exactly what you pointed out the first day when I voted for you.
I'm not really surprised that Kait is voting for me, seeing as wolf or villager she's saving herself.

Lyra Potter said:
Maybe you were trying to save Ash.
Yes, maybe I was trying to save Ash by bringing her back into the random lynching once she tried to put Steph in the lead with three votes. I thought Ash was the villager, but once she voted I couldn't trust that she was - and I'm glad I didn't.

As to where you've quoted me, the key words are "wolf or villager" - saving yourself makes sense either way. I was drawing attention to the sudden thought that the reason Teigan might have died was because the wolves were trying to make me seem suspicious. Once you were safe you didn't need to switch your vote to Abby that day, particularly so late in the game when it was clear that votes for either of us weren't going to amount to anything - you were the seventh to vote for her, and by that stage every vote is pretty much a bandwagon one (Dan was sixth and Lovi was ninth by the way guys).

As for my use of the word "panic," it stems mostly from this:
What happens if there is a tie? Is everyone lynched? Or just a random person out of the three?
I feel like this is an important question I need answered before I place my vote.
Okay so I don't really want to leave this up to a random generator.

The breaks indicate that you posted all of those quite close together - perhaps because no one was answering your important question. It was important, I agree. But trusting me to be a villager like I say I am, with only one other villager in play, a three-way tie would have resulted in likely 2/3 odds of lynching a wolf and 3/3 odds if you had been the other villager. Even if you didn't trust me to be who I said I was, why wouldn't you go for the 2/3 odds? It's not like we were making huge headway in leads otherwise that day (or that you were trying to find wolves, which, when was the last time you actively decided to do that?
Expressed sympathy for Zach/Waiting to see who else is around
Says that the first day sucks and she's happy waiting
Says that she doesn't see how she's suspicious by doing what everyone else does/Voted for Kathy to save herself and that she might not be able to post because of work e.g. reason for not changing her vote later
Says that Kathy's argument is convincing, switched vote to Abby
Explained her inactivity, and that she'll try to vote before it closes (which she never ended up doing)
Posted a gif implying she's spell-casted
Had a waving gif - like she's still here
Defending herself in retrospect, as she was silenced yesterday/Doesn't really agree with all the people in the innocent category, but is voting for Lovi
Believes Claire is the seer/Is suspicious of Jesse and thinks he might be the sorceress/Thinks we're at three wolves, but likely missed the Cursed night
Says she's a villager, and that Jesse came after her with no real reasoning on Day 2 (which he did have reasoning), making her suspicious of him
Says she'll be busy, and that she's voting with Phoebe, a proven innocent
Panicked at the prospect of a random number generator decided vote (2/3 if not 3/3 odds of getting a wolf) and so voted for Ash as she seemed the most threatening and lynchable of those she was suspicious of (before the day phase usually closes, too)

Oh, it looks like it was never. What about your votes? We've already covered Day 2 - the next time you voted was for Lovi (who the Seer outed, so why not look innocent and vote for her). Then it was Maia, who was fairly safe to go with as Phoebe suggested her (Phoebe was innocent, Phoebe we could trust!) - yours was the third and final nail in Maia's coffin, and you knew she wasn't a wolf.

And then you voted for Ash. Who knows why you would do that, unless you were throwing her under the bus. She probably hasn't been very active even among you wolves, if that night no one died is anything to go by - wasn't that the night right after you'd been off on that big trip to Disneyland and you were running on no sleep? Jesse did seem very insistent that we consider the Cursed might not have been activated that night, after all. I'm considering it.

Regardless, I remain convinced Steph is not the wolf-wolf, convinced that Jesse is not an original wolf (and therefore his rivalry with you beginning in the early stages of the game does not make you a villager), and that the lack of Rowan's activity means he can only be a wolf if he's teamed with you as a wolf (because I believe Steph is not the wolf, and he and Jesse can't be a team).

It's all pointing back to you Kait.

James Adams said:
By RNG, Professor Kida Frost, a werewolf, has been killed. It is night.
xD I know why I'm still alive, but how? :lol: I can't even this game is too funny. I literally did a random roll to see who I'd vote for yesterday Rowan/Ash(cause I said odds were Rowan is probs a wolf but I was also feeling the same for Ash) and I guess that fate was by my side for that roll and the one James did xD :woot:

At this moment I have no thoughts, cause I was gonna vote Rowan but Kathy's points are valid, I suppose. It's :cry:37am I'm not really into thinking about the game at this moment just wanted to say I am active during this day and following the posts that are going down.

At the moment I'm still very suspicious of Kait because of what has been said by Kathy. Though I'm also getting more suspicious to why Kathy is yet to be targeted by the wolves, especially at this point in the game.

She has been super vocal this entire game which would seem to make her a big target, and has said often that she is a villager. This could be because the wolves would rather target other players and might want her to seem suspicious so they don't have as much attention on them, and she could be continuing to confirm that she is not a wolf so people don't turn on her. But at this point when it's so late in the game I'm starting to believe the reason she hasn't died is because she can't be targeted, meaning she could be a wolf or the cursed.

Still, though, I am wayyy more suspicious of Kait than anyone else since suspicions have been on her from the beginning of the game and she hasn't seemed to have much of an input to voting. It could again be a matter of the wolves keeping her alive to move suspicions away from them, but for now my vote will be to lynch Kait.

Oh my goodness. Why do you type so much that I have to respond to?! :p Seriously I'm about to leave for work so this is the one longer post you are getting from me.

Okay. I work 10 hour days and I have a 2 year old. Yesterday, I was away from my house for 15 hours while at work and coaching. I usually don't see the posts until most of the discussion has happened because I just don't have time.

I asked a lot of questions in a row because no one was answering and I thought we were running out of time and then I actually read where it said it would be a random vote.

As for the night no one was lynch, I think the cursed is active. Dan, Lovi, and Ash were all around at that point and active. I don't see how my activity would have anything to do with not sending in a name.

I don't see how Kathy is still around if she's not a wolf or cursed.

Well, Steph's not committing to anything, so what that says about her role I guess we'll discuss at a later point. Anna, I totally get how I seem suspicious, and really the only way to prove what I've been saying all this time is for me to get eaten - which I've been expecting for days, really. I think the wolves would have liked you to get suspicious of me a lot sooner :p

Kait, being busy and away from the site, and werewolf, is totally reasonable. But the few times you have managed to contribute, it's still not really committing to the discussion in a way that you're actively trying to locate wolves, or vote them out. Being busy in real life is such a nice reason to throw at people - 'see, this is why I'm not as engaged in the game, this is why I couldn't contribute that day.' It's not the time you were around I'm questioning, it's what you did with that time.

Also, the night no one died, Dan had actually been lynched the night before. I admit I have no idea whether Lovi or Ash were around that night, but to be honest, can you also say for certain that they were definitely around on the board those days? It just seemed an interesting coincidence, is all, and was mainly brought up to question Ash's presence in the game on the wolf side of things

I reckon I'm still around because I've been balancing the thin line between talking enough that I help the village lynch wolves, and saying enough to keep the wolves from eating me at night so they can try and lynch me as 'suspicious' in the morning - keeping myself alive to continue helping the village. Without me, I think the discussion would pretty much be dead, and it's so easy for wolves to just lay low, throw around some accusations and 'wrong' suspicions and trust that the people left are too inactive to bother finding them.

I guess we'll see if I live to fight another day. I vote to lynch Kait.

I feel like your argument against me is a catch 22. If I hadn't bothered voting at all you would be using it against me too. ^_^

The fact that you are perusing me so hard makes me totally suspicious of you. I would have killed you last night if I was a wolf. I'm going to vote to lynch Aurora Night. Maybe someone will join me and let it come down to a random lynching again.
I also don't know how it's valid to eliminate all possibilities where I'm a villager. That's totally just you because there is still that possibility in the chart. Like what?!

Samuel Phillips said:
At the moment I'm still very suspicious of Kait because of what has been said by Kathy. Though I'm also getting more suspicious to why Kathy is yet to be targeted by the wolves, especially at this point in the game.
Maybe she was targeted early in the game and isn't just a so innocent villager anymore :r

I'm guessing that's what you're implying xD Anyways I had nothing to insert because Kathy/Kait were going ham on each other and I wanted to see the rebutals plus getting me to think anytime pass 1am to 9am is really something that doesn't happen xD

I'm considering taking this to a random vote since that's how Kathy wanted to deal with my life yesterday. For now I'm going to sit back and get some breakfast and read through the post made so far today again.

89VTh11.gif

Aurora Night said:
Today I have more (but different!) tables:
Cause someone has probably seen me hanging out on the posting tab for awhile I was going to try to put together the tables with all five of us, excluding Anna, as every position since ya know Kathy is the most trustworthy to people these days, but then realized that the combinations are seriously too many to type out xD So nevermind about that, I'm sure we can all pictures the options in our heads if we don't take Kathy for her word xD

</SIZE>
giphy.webp
<SIZE size="50">

I've returned. Let's finally start ending this.
I vote to lynch Lyra Potter. I refuse to risk Steph tying the vote.

Of course Jesse returns now. Just in time to get in a vote. Not suspicious at all.

Not at all. I posted absence stating I'd be away for a week.
That was a week ago. :tut:

So you were fine with my life being up in the air with a random vote but not Kathy's............................................................. I think, my gut feeling, at this point the village is voting out a villager. Now that would mean Kathy/Jesse as wolves or wolf/sorceress match up and then Kait might be cursed but not an activated cursed, of course Rowan could be cursed and Kait just a villager in that case. But in all cases I think think take out where Kait is wolf, she's either villager or sorceress, accounting for the cursed role being activated. So many options xD Anna, I would consider changing your vote but I know it's in the middle of the night for you and you are probs gonna sleep through the rest of the day. rip xD

Wolves/Wolf who lives through today and doesn't go for Kathy then I think it's fair to say she's a wolf. Although, the wolves could just go after me tonight instead considering I'm the other active villager atm. x_x xD I still say Anna is safe for the upcoming night since she'll take someone down with her and if she's sus about the possible wolves they won't risk that. But Anna, please choose wisely if you are targeted tonight.

I think it's fair enough to say that Kait has been active in the game but also has rl obligations that prevent her from putting into the game as much as Kathy has been. And again, why would a wolf vote for a wolf? She could be sorceress or even cursed if the role isn't activated. But where is the gung-ho votes for taking out people we believe are werewolves? Sorry, maybe I didn't read all your posts completely cause they are so long and I have work and volunteering I've been doing all day. And maybe you have evidence for Kait as a wolf other than just tables, which you've said before you've completely made up tables to convince people of your innocence and this case convince people of someone's not so innocence. xD

And if we are believing Rowan to be a wolf still why is no one targeting him and just Kait? Like I get that you checked on their activity but doesn't mean they wouldn't have other ways of sending in the vote for killing the mayor over the last night, not saying the Rowan/Jesse are a wolf pair but one could still be a wolf whereas I think it's unlikely for Kait to be a wolf. (I will say while there is the possibility of her being on the bad side I don't think she's one of the people who has an active night role, at least not with the seer dead :r) Kait - If you are a wolf then I'll be really disappointed since I'm trying to stick up for you right now xD Thanks for voting with me to get Ash off the island and saving my villager life in that xD

I really thought I would be dead at this point xD

I vote to lynch Ainsley Lynch, sorry if targeting a person we all believe is a wolf but not the popular choice makes me look bad yet again... xD

By this point the villagers were running out of people to suspect, but also out of time. Soon they would be whittled down to nothing. But there was hope yet - they'd already got some of the wolves, and they seemed to be on a fresh trail. Despite all they had lost, they were making progress at last. Maybe they would finally be rid of the wolves at last.

My count: [ul][li]Lyra Potter - 3</LI>[li]Aurora Night - 1<LI>[li]Ainsley Lynch - 1[/li][/ul]
Lyra Potter, a werewolf, has been killed. It is night.
The end was coming very soon, the villagers knew as they woke up and realised that nobody had died. The wolves had been too scared to come out it seemed, whittled down as they were. Maybe there was hope apparent!

Nobody has died. It is day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back