Marvel Cinematic Universe

Samantha Jacobs

55' grad 🎓 | biggest heart ❤️ olivander's asst.

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
ren
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
Hello! I'm not sure if there is already a thread/topic dedicated to the MCU or where you can talk about the MCU (if there is please let me know!) But I thought this would be a cool idea to do! since I think there might be a few of us out there who love/like the MCU.

Anyways, the trailer for the new Wandavision series (coming out in December of this year on Disney+) had been released about five days ago. What do you think of the show, based on the trailer?

While we're also on here, who are your favourite characters? When did you become a fan of the MCU? And what movie/series are you most excited for? Please do share, if you are an MCU fan!

I have been a fan of the MCU since about May 2013? I think it was? (I was about 11 years old at the time) and the first movie i watched was Iron Man 3. I guess that's why Tony (AKA Iron Man) is one of my favourite characters. My other favourite characters are Peter Parker (Spider-Man), Thor, Loki, Scott Lang (Ant-man) and Bucky (Winter Soldier). The films/series I'm most excited for that are going to be released is the Loki series, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier series, Spider-Man 3 (Tom Holland one), Thor Love and Thunder and Black Widow!

OMG!!!! I'm so excited for that series since they first talking about it! My favourite character is Scarlett Witch that's why I am so excited about that, also kinda nervous to be 'too excited' and the Wandavision series actually sucks and doesn't live to the hype.

I had seen the trailer and let me tell you...it was a wild ride. I still have no idea what to expect as they kinda seem to travel through time maybe? It was a bit weird which just made me more anxious to see it!!!!

I have became a marvel fan one week before endgame was released. My friends invited me to see it and so I though 'Ok let's see Infinity War first cuz endgame is technically Infinity War part 2' and then I saw infinity war and felt like therr waa a lot of details missing so I binge watched every marvel movie in that week and by the time I saw endgame I had seen every marvel movie except captain marvel (who was also at the cinema by the time)

Based on that trailer? I am BEYOND CONFUSED

I love it!

I had seen the trailer and let me tell you...it was a wild ride. I still have no idea what to expect as they kinda seem to travel through time maybe? It was a bit weird which just made me more anxious to see it!!!!

I have became a marvel fan one week before endgame was released. My friends invited me to see it and so I though 'Ok let's see Infinity War first cuz endgame is technically Infinity War part 2' and then I saw infinity war and felt like therr waa a lot of details missing so I binge watched every marvel movie in that week and by the time I saw endgame I had seen every marvel movie except captain marvel (who was also at the cinema by the time)

Ahh Scarlett Witch is cool! So I can understand why she's your fave! I think you know since SPOILER ALERT vision dies, I think the tv series is about Wanda using her powers in different time periods or something, so that she is still with Vision in some way.

That must have been a serious binge watch! I would do the same thing tbh - I'm a huge binge watcher haha! Yeah! You'd have to watch all the movies before infinity war, to kinda basically get the gist of everything, and understand it all.

I already hate and love this at the same time

Ahh Scarlett Witch is cool! So I can understand why she's your fave! I think you know since SPOILER ALERT vision dies, I think the tv series is about Wanda using her powers in different time periods or something, so that she is still with Vision in some way.

That must have been a serious binge watch! I would do the same thing tbh - I'm a huge binge watcher haha! Yeah! You'd have to watch all the movies before infinity war, to kinda basically get the gist of everything, and understand it all.
I mean, it really depends. I know in the movies he died, but in the comics he didn't die this way and the movies have been known to pull one and then follow the original timeline with a little added extra. So there's some belief that he'll come back into it at some point. Just don't know how.

mean, it really depends. I know in the movies he died, but in the comics he didn't die this way and the movies have been known to pull one and then follow the original timeline with a little added extra. So there's some belief that he'll come back into it at some point. Just don't know how.

Oh! Thats interesting! I haven't really read the comics, so i didn't practically know that he died the way that he did. But that is interesting to hear. The movies somehow always pull something - you're right about that! :D

So
Wandavision I’ve been the most excited for. I’m a comic fan, and I adore Scarlet. Billy and Tommy are in this which is setting it up for Young Avengers (who are the best btw Billy and Teddy are :wub: )
The scene where Wanda pours wine is an Easter Egg (The wine is called Maison du M- something, which translates the House of M, which is a major comic storyline where Wanda warps reality to make mutants the dominant species. She loses her sanity and ends up wiping out most mutants). The current theory is that this is the MCU House of M, and Wanda might be the one to INTRODUCE mutants instead of getting rid of them.
This isn’t so much a “time periods” thing as it is Wanda creating a localised reality, and going through different periods of sitcoms. They’re all heavily based on popular sitcoms in the past (I Love Lucy, Brady Bunch, Bewitched). You can see Monica Rambeau being thrown out of it in the trailer, and into the real world. Monica was first seen in Captain Marvel as the young girl, and in this I think she’s an agent of SWORD.
I have a lot of info and theories on this. Wandavision directly leads into Multiverse of Madness, and I think they’ve said Wanda may be an antagonist in it? So this is exploring reality altering and multiple realities

The current theory is that this is the MCU House of M, and Wanda might be the one to INTRODUCE mutants instead of getting rid of them.
This isn’t so much a “time periods” thing as it is Wanda creating a localised reality, and going through different periods of sitcoms. They’re all heavily based on popular sitcoms in the past (I Love Lucy, Brady Bunch, Bewitched). You can see Monica Rambeau being thrown out of it in the trailer, and into the real world. Monica was first seen in Captain Marvel as the young girl, and in this I think she’s an agent of SWORD.
I have a lot of info and theories on this. Wandavision directly leads into Multiverse of Madness, and I think they’ve said Wanda may be an antagonist in it? So this is exploring reality altering and multiple realities

Ah yes! I saw a few theories on twitter! I do know that Monica will be in the series, which i find exciting! I did forget that Wanda was gonna be in the new Doctor Strange film, which I find exciting! I didn't realise that they were going into different periods of sitcoms, but that does sound cool!

The wine is called Maison du M- something, which translates the House of M, which is a major comic storyline where Wanda warps reality to make mutants the dominant species. She loses her sanity and ends up wiping out most mutants
Ooooh, see I was wondering about this. This is one of my favourite arcs so I hope they do this well. They've been changing little things as the story goes so I was wondering if they would commit to this, but if its true, this gonna be sooooo good

oh annnnd Evan Peters is in the cast list, which is INTERESTING considering he was Fox's Quicksilver, so it may be a multiverse Fox/Marvel tie-in! I did prefer Fox's Quicksilver over Marvels, and I'm curious as to what they'll do with that/if they do. I am concerned because I don't want the MCU to have anything to do with Fox's X-men at all, because they were...not great. I'm hoping its just a fun tie-in with no real lasting effects (If it even IS a tie-in, but I think the casting choice is very targeted)
Kathryn Hahn also plays Agnes, who is a witch in the comics from the Salem trials, and she instructs Wanda in her magic (Which explains why shes dressed as a witch in the Halloween episode, I'm curious if shes someone else from the outside whos come in, or what her role is/if she's also involved with SWORD, or doing her own thing. There is a lot of tie in with the other magical cast of the MCU, so she's likely a part of that)
edit: and Darcy is in it at some point :woot:

oh annnnd Evan Peters is in the cast list, which is INTERESTING considering he was Fox's Quicksilver, so it may be a multiverse Fox/Marvel tie-in! I did prefer Fox's Quicksilver over Marvels, and I'm curious as to what they'll do with that/if they do. I am concerned because I don't want the MCU to have anything to do with Fox's X-men at all, because they were...not great. I'm hoping its just a fun tie-in with no real lasting effects (If it even IS a tie-in, but I think the casting choice is very targeted)
Kathryn Hahn also plays Agnes, who is a witch in the comics from the Salem trials, and she instructs Wanda in her magic (Which explains why shes dressed as a witch in the Halloween episode, I'm curious if shes someone else from the outside whos come in, or what her role is/if she's also involved with SWORD, or doing her own thing. There is a lot of tie in with the other magical cast of the MCU, so she's likely a part of that)
edit: and Darcy is in it at some point :woot:

Oh yeah!! They mentioned that he was going to be in it, as well as the character Darcy returning! I personally don't like FOX's Xmen either. I don't think it has ever met with my expectations, to be honest. I only liked Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine and that was it really. I still haven't seen the Dark Phoneix yet, but I would like to, even if the reviews aren't that great for that. I heard this could be a rumour and all, but I heard that they going to make a fresh new Xmen series in a couple of years? I'm not totally sure if that was true or just a rumour - it was also rumoured that they were gonna do yet another Fantastic Four as well.

Also, thanks guys for replying lol, I wasn't expecting people to reply, to be honest! :wub:

I watched Dark Phoenix solely because Jean is one of my favourite characters in the comics and she's...never done justice in the movies.
I heard a rumour that they might introduce Rogue in the next Captain Marvel. I think she's Kevin Feige's favourite x-person, and her backstory is heavily linked to Carol's (In the comics I think shes introduced in a Ms Marvel issue?) It would be a good way to limit Carol's powers in the MCU if Rogue absorbed a portion of it, so she's not so overpowered as she is now.

They always seem to do Jean dirty in the movies and it's so annoying, like she has this super cool background and personality and they always play her off as some half tempered underachiever who barely scratches the surface of who she really is. I've never been happy with it honestly.

Edit: Also SO COOL to hear about Darcy! And if they do link back to Fox that would be a cool way to set up some of the cross overs people have been dying for. I'm glad its a possibility now with Spiderman and everything.

Soo! A whole heap of new information about the future of the MCU has been released and I'm so excited for it!! I'm so excited for The Falcon and Winter Soldier (The trailer for it got me so hyped for the show), as well as the Loki series! (Loved the trailer for that!!!)

We're also getting a third Ant-Man film which I'm also excited for!! As well as other Disney related things for Disney plus, and in theatre!

Which one are you most excited for?

Here are the trailers that have been released today!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkBfGvb7NzM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4JuopziR3Q

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iLVoEg9aLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID9j6-XhOpY

Only 3 days until Wandavision!! I am extremely excited for Vision's return, he was One of my favorite characters and just that I heard that in these series Wanda will become Scarlett Witch, she will be villain. I mean, that is so cool! And I am excited for Sam&Bucky series even tho I didn't like Steve's ending, I Love both Bucky and Sam. That's so cool! And Tom Holland won't be able to Tell Anthony that he hasnt seen any Falcon movie, because there is not any. :D and I am excited, because Hawkeye is so underrated, but I Love him and I can't wait for his solo movie with his daughter.

Also I heard, that maybe there will be Yondu solo movie, that'd be so amazing!

This will be Marvel year for sure!

Here I go again:D

I just watched the third serie of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Bucky looks AMAZING in it! And Sharon too, she looks so amazing now, missed her in MCU and I kinda hope that she will have a love line with Sam, if they will add it, or perfectly will stay on her own. And I totally have pissed off my friends, because in the third serie they were in Latvia and I messaged almost all my friends with "No way! We have been on the same streets as Seb and Mackie! and they are not Marvel fans:D but I still can't get over the fact that they were in Latvia, it's SO amazing!! And I absolutely love these series, Zemo, Buck&Sam is literally amazing trio. Can't wait to see more from them.

And the new Loki Trailer, I don't understand how I am supposed to wait until summer? It incredible.

Also, that joke from Spiderman cast was cool, it was literally confusing, but the title of upcoming movie is amazing, but I am sad about the fact that after it Tom is stepping back from his role as Peter:unsure:

Helloo Helloo!

Ahh yes! I'm enjoying the falcon and the winter soldier show! The third episode had been interesting, especially the ending of the episode!! That was an interesting cliff hanger! I love the fact that in these shows that their bringing back other characters from the different past mcu films!

I kinda hope that she will have a love line with Sam
I'm not sure about the whole sharon and sam thing. its possible? but I'm not entirely sure it will happen hehe. They don't need to be in relationships just yet.

When Latvia came up, i also instantly thought of you guys hehe!

Ahh yes! The new Loki trailer is amazing! I'm excited for that show, and the many plot twists that are about to come about in that show! I'm surprised that Owen Wilson is even appearing in the mcu, and I'm not sure why!

I'm also excited for the third spider-man film! That joke was defiantly interesting! They were trying to confuse us all! Yeah, It will defiantly be sad once Tom steps back from being peter. But I heard that they might have him appear again in the mcu in the future, so don't loose that hope just yet!

Black Widow is also coming out soon, and I'm HOPING that it doesn't get pushed back for the millionth time. I have been waiting for that movie for so long now! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back