Malfoy Manor

Elizabeth Malfoy

Liz and Estrella approached a huge manor on the firebolts, both weary. Liz knew Estrella wouldn't see anything but two small houses, with no space between.

"Estrella, now we go down." she lowered her broom in front of the manor. "You won't be able to see it, or get in. Yet." Liz looked around on the ground between the two houses, and found a small needle. With it, she pricked her finger. "Hold out your finger" she said to Estrella.

Estrella looked at her oddly, holding out her finger. "I don't like needles," she murmured, as Liz pricked it. She was quite glad when it was over, and a bead of blood appeared in her flesh.

Liz apologized, and held out her own finger, touching Estrella's with it. Their blood mixed. "There!" The impressive manor was suddenly revealed to Estrella.

"Come on," she said, walking through the front courtyard and around the huge fountain. She knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

Estrella was quite nervous. Liz was one of her best friends, but using blood to allow entry into a house was a little lewd to her. She didn't say anything as she heard grumbling from the person behind the door about the time of night it was, and she stood still as it was opened.

Lucius had been in the library, reading a particularly interesting book on blood-magic when he heard the magically amplified knock on the door. I wasn't expecting any callers... He got up, wand out, and walked to the entrance hall. Opening the door, wand aimed, he started. There was his granddaughter, Elizabeth. She had another girl with her. Familiar features. Where have I seen those before? he thought.

Lucius broke into a sort of sneer-grin. He'd best figure out why they were here. "Liz Malfoy! It's been forever, my dearest granddaughter." He examined their appearances. "You both look dreadful though. Who's your friend?" he ushered them in. "Come, into the sitting room. Tell me everything!"

Estrella was silent as Liz explained everything, including what had happened and why they had decided to come here. When Liz told her grandfather Estrella's name, she thought that she saw a glint of recognition in his eyes, but it had passed too quickly for her to be sure.

Liz smiled as she finished her story. "Which leads me to the question... do you mind if we stay here for a bit? Until we sort things out?" she was smiling on the outside, but still worried on the inside. Grandfather didn't usually seem so.. chipper. Which made her ask. "Also... where's grandmother? I haven't seen her!"

Estrella was silent as she saw the weird look on Liz's face, her mouth smiling but her eyes betraying her emotions.

Lucius twirled his cane casually. "Of course you two will be permitted to stay. Go ahead and leave your trunks down here- I'll have the house elves move them into the guest rooms shortly. You two can have the first and second guest rooms in the West Wing." he snapped his fingers and a house elf appeared.

"Felox, prepare the first two rooms in the west wing for the girl's use."

Lucius turned to Liz with a glint of anger in his eyes. "Narcissa has left, and won't be returning any time soon." he gestured towards the stairs. "Liz, you know the way. Lead your friend."

As they left, he summoned a house elf with firewhiskey, pouring himself a glass. Interesting... Very, interesting. he pulled out a piece of parchment, and wrote a short note, attaching it to an owl, whispering a recipient's name in it's ear.

Estrella followed Liz's lead to a guest room, where there were two single beds. Although it was a formidable house, Estrella fell asleep with ease in a spare nightdress, suspecting no danger at all.

Liz nodded, not wanting to argue. She was too tired.

"C'mon" she said to Estrella. She led her to the first guest room, and hugged her. "Goodnight, Estrella. I'll be right next door. If you need to talk... wake me up. Or we can wait until morning. You look like you're lacking sleep as much as I am!"

Liz released Estrella, and walked next door, falling into the bed. What a day... she thought, drifting off to sleep in a nightgown that likely belonged to Narcissa in her younger years.

Estrella awoke in Malfoy Manor rested and refreshed, her window creating many bars of light on the stone floor before her. That's weird, she thought, and after rubbing her eyes she saw that her window was set with bars. It was definitely the creepiest house she had ever been to. Groggily she stepped onto the cold floor, chilling the soles of her feet, and walked over to a hook on the wall where her robes hung limply. Not ever going anywhere without her wand, she searched the clothes for the bloodwood essence of phoenix ash, but it was not there. Her heart racing, Estrella frantically tore apart her trunk, throwing out everything onto the elaborate animal fur rug in a heap. Her wand, it seemed, had just disappeared.

Throwing on new robes, Estrella opened the door, stepping into the hallway barefoot. The corridor seemed empty, and she trudged over to Liz's room, where she began pounding on the door frantically. When a tired Liz opened it, Estrella pushed her inside and shut the ornate portal behind them.

"My wand is missing," Estrella whisper-shrieked, her dark eyes big. "I can't have lost it while we were flying- I had it before I went to sleep last night!"

Liz gaped at Estrella. "You can't have lost your wand! Here, let me try accio..."

Liz turned to the side table by the bed, and noted her wand wasn't there. She turned back to Estrella, eyes wide. "Estrella... I think it's best if we stick together now. My wand's gone too." she bit her lip. "We could look for each one of our wands together. We can both head to your room and look for yours first? That way we don't separate."

Estrella shook her head. "That's pretty fishy that both of our wands are gone... I say we go look in the Manor's library."
Running out of the room, Estrella followed Liz down the corridor, as she knew the way. All of a sudden, a man with his wand pointed at them appeared, blocking their way. Estrella nearly toppled over Liz as they stared at him oddly, and quite frightened.

"Sorry to interrupt your little escapade, ladies," the man said, sneering, "But I've been stationed here. Can't have you two slipping away again, you know."

Liz gaped. He's kind of cute... he'd definitely be cuter if he weren't in my way right now.

She took a step back, dove under his wand, and towards his legs, hoping he would topple over. If he did, Estrella would have a shot at running to find their wands.

Estrella saw what Liz was doing and attempted to slip past, but she was too late. She let out an oof as she was caught in the gut by the man's arm, and growled in frustration as he stood there easily, grabbing Liz by the hair.

Garett laughed; the old man had told him to expect something like this. He was no weakling; he held the two girl's back easily. "Arcturus!" he bellowed to the man on the other side of the hallway. "They've already tried to escape!"

Liz bit her lip, wincing. The drawback of long hair.

"Who are you?" she practically growled. "And what the bloody hell do you think you're doing?"

"Well, well," Arcturus laughed along with the man, "Garett, I think we've underestimated these two! You nearly let them get away!" He grinned maliciously, pointing his wand at them all. "And I'm sure your dear family members wouldn't have that! And we're just following orders, Miss Malfoy." He laughed even harder.

Estrella glared at the new arrival, whose name was apparently Arcturus. Family members: that could only mean one thing. An animalistic growl erupted in the back of her throat.

Liz was terrified. More so than she had been in the forest.

And her reaction to this kind of terror, was anger.

"Follow these orders" she spat, as she gave him the bird.

"So this is why grandfather was acting strange? Two men who are following his orders to keep us here?" she was furious, and letting it show.

Arcturus snorted. "You think I'd take orders from you? It's quite interesting, isn't it Garett, when the prisoner makes demands? I'm sorry, missy," he turned back to Liz, "But your grandfather is the only one entitled to answer those questions." He gasped. "And speak of the devil! Here's the man I've been talking about all along!"

Garett sneered. "Maybe some of your questions will be answered now. Although I doubt any of your conversations will involve the two of you getting past us."

Lucius walked down the hall, cane in hand, and a smirk on his face.

"Well, well. Just as I'd thought." he sneered down at Liz. "I knew a Gryffindor would handle the situation with stupidity." his sneer turned to Estrella. "And a Ravenclaw... you were stupid enough to accompany my dear Lizzy here?"

He stepped back, smirking still. "I believe your father will be here soon, Miss Drage. And neither of you will be leaving."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back