HP7 Part 1 Movie : Spoilers!

Riley Sparkles

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
:woot:

I am still buzzing. Most amazing movie ever. The acting was so fantastic, so intense.
Honestly, this is all I will say right now.
Your mind = blown.

What did you guys think? So keen to hear your thoughts!

Love Donna ♥

P.S. Read this!

I loved the movie. :wub:

Action packed thriller, especially loved Nagini. :D He was awesome.

Went and saw this arvo, it was better than the others I have to say. It must have been the room to move they had because they split the book into two movies. I'm glad they did that, they missed very little out.

Brilliant!

The only thing I regret is not seeing Creature hit Mundungus Fletcher over the head with a pan =))

Saw it today one of the first to see it in my area. I almost cried when dobbie died hes so brave. Have to agree with Kelsey that they didnt make Creature hit mudgunges. R.I.P. Hedwig and Dobbie

I just saw the film.

Overall, I quite enjoyed it. It was obviously a good decision to make this film two parts - and deceiding to cut it at Voldemort over Dumbledore's body was superb.

It annoyed me some of the things they cut. Like not making as big a deal with Ron leaving (or, indeed, how he came back. He told it like a fluff story that nobody seemed to really believe), not paying note to the horn in the Lovegood residence and what it was/wasn't. They didn't make as big a deal of Hedwig's death, either, and that irked me a bit.

The two major things that bugged me were:
1) Wormtail didn't strangle Harry. There was no mention of the life debt. Wormtail didn't repay the debt with the relaxed grip and the enchanted hand from Voldy didn't choke Wormtail. That small sequence explains a lot in the magical world, and a fair bit about Wormtail (as well as a little about Voldemort too). I think removing it was silly. It would have taken forty five seconds longer and totally would have kept me happy.
2) They didn't point out that they apparated to Bill and Fleur's house, and burying Dobby became a group effort instead of just angsty Harry - which I think was important, given the connection Harry had to Dobby most especially. (And just Harry's nature as a character. He doesn't want his friends around him when he's troubled/grieving/whatever.)

Otherwise, some things were amazingly similar to how I imagined them and I think this is the beginning of the best HP film yet. ^_^ (Which is appropriate.)

I thought this movie will suck BUT it made me happy :) Lot's of funny scenes and most of all I like the drama when Dobbie died (My lil brother cried)

Excited for the next and last one :woot:

it. was. amazing.

except the part at the start was changed, Snape and Yaxley were meant to walk into Malfoy Manor together. But Yaxley was already there.

I'm completely lost for words.
This picture pretty much sums it all up for me.​
<i>
</i>
ieo1p3.jpg

EPIC.
Just Epic.
Though, I was a little upset that Harry didn't take Mad-Eye's glass eye from Umbridge's door, and that he didn't get into the argument with Lupin.

I saw it yesterday, the first showing here, and thought it was awesome. I was expecting it to be a lot different from the book as the last film was but it stuck mainly to the story this time. Though I didn't need the image in my mind of Harry and Hermione with no clothes on. Forgot that happened!

My main annoyances were the Dobby part. I would've found it more upsetting if they had used the same Dobby. The Dobby in this film was no the same as before and, as I am very picky, ruined his death. Not that I didn't cry anyway.

I also wasn't to pleased with the torture bit of it. Partly because I remember Hermione being tied to a chair and partly, as Nick said, I wanted Wormtail to strangle himself.

I did want them to make more of a big deal out of Hedwigs death, or have Harry make more of a big deal. Though i did like how they did the seven Harrys and Dobby's first appearance.

Overall I would say it was Epically Epic :D

I saw it today it was good but they missed a lot I think like they didn't do any planning for the wedding or going to the ministry.I was sad when dobbie died. and when Hermione got rid of her parents memories.Can't wait for part 2..!!!

Markov Kalforovich said:
My main annoyances were the Dobby part. I would've found it more upsetting if they had used the same Dobby. The Dobby in this film was no the same as before and, as I am very picky, ruined his death. Not that I didn't cry anyway.
Can you explain this?
How was he different?
He developed as a character since chamber of secrets (both in the books and in the movie). They stuck true to how it was in the books in how he saved them and stuff. If he was the same dobby, he couldn't be free. He would still be abusing himself for not pleasing everybody. Harry freed him (through trickery, obviously :tut: ). He doesn't do that stuff anymore.

After the last movie, I was very worried though still quite excited to see this latest and next to final Harry Potter movie. But, I was so, so pleased with what I saw ^_^ Most of the scenes were exactly how I envisioned them and I wasn't overly bothered by anything that was left out.

I loved Dobby's speech right before he disapparated all of them away. He declared his freedom once and for all and it totally made me shed a few tears when they arrived and he died :cry:
I thought Draco was awesome. Very few lines, but you could still see the anguish and confusion on his face every time he was on screen.

I agree though that they didn't make as big a deal as I would like about Ron leaving and then returning. When he showed up again, most people in the theater with me were like 'oh, he's back.' I feel like the book had more room to show us the inner turmoil that was occurring because of the necklace's power over its wearer, so maybe that was why.

I think I can cautiously say (b/c I'm waiting until part 2) that this was my favorite Potter movie to date ^_^

Nicolas King said:
Markov Kalforovich said:
Can you explain this?
How was he different?
He developed as a character since chamber of secrets (both in the books and in the movie). They stuck true to how it was in the books in how he saved them and stuff. If he was the same dobby, he couldn't be free. He would still be abusing himself for not pleasing everybody. Harry freed him (through trickery, obviously :tut: ). He doesn't do that stuff anymore.
Yeah but the animation changed. The original Dobby had bigger eyes and ears and was slightly shorter than the one in this film. I'm very good at noticing small things but I don't tend to notice big things.

I did notice Lucius needed a good shave though.

I love Lucius' non-shavedness; he was such an amazing actor in this one.
Cyndi, I definitely agree with you about Draco.
I was so impressed and proud of all of their acting; it was really a huge step up from the other ones, so much better.
A change I noticed with Dobby was his voice - it sounded higher and not what I was expecting, but maybe that's just me?
My annoyance was the beginning part with Voldemort, I have been looking forward to that scene for a long time, and it wasn't how I imagined it :tut: But it was very good.
Going to see it again this week weee!

I just saw it with my sister... :r
I am gobsmacked for words, so they're gonna flow downstream uncontrolled.
Dobby was wonderful, the brilliancy cannot be expressed enough with words except for maybe Hungarian. I almost cried/lost it when he died with valour.

Lucius needed a seriously good shave, xD Maybe he should consider it at the end of Part II. ^_^
I missed Kreachers backstory and the subsequent pan-strike on Mundungus, with the ever memorable phrase: "Perhaps just once, young Master Harry, for luck?"

Add more laterz, too much thoughts in mind right now. xD

Saw it last night and HP7 WAS AMAZING! :woot:
I think splitting the movie into two parts was what really made it so much more enjoyable. They didn't have much missing. I must say though that my favorites by far had to be anything with Bellatrix Lestrange in it. She may be insane but god I love her character. ♥

The only things that did bug me were:
1) Also that they didn't make as big of a deal about Ron leaving and coming back. It wasn't bad but could have been better I suppose.
2) I also wished they had made more of a big deal about Hedwig dying in the film.
3) They didn't show so much about Kreacher x Harry's Relationship as well as his back-story and the whole pan thing. I really liked those parts in the book.

I'm really excited to see the Second Part! :jesse:

Random thought: The saddest part of the movie, for me, was seeing "Mudblood" on Hermione's arm. My heart sank. :(

Nicolas King said:
Random thought: The saddest part of the movie, for me, was seeing "Mudblood" on Hermione's arm. My heart sank. :(
Oh my dear... Yes, I'm in a haze but that was just tragic. :( :(
Also I would like to add that they've got Nazi-style uniforms for the New Ministry. o_O Complete with armbands.

Nicolas King said:
It made me sad too! But, now I really can't wait until she gets what is coming to her :shifty:

Ahh, Bellatrix Lestrange and her famousest come-uppance. ^_^
I think someone behind the stage wanted to reinforce the Voldemort-Hitler connection... :r

Alexandra Hohenstein said:
Nicolas King said:
Oh my dear... Yes, I'm in a haze but that was just tragic. :( :(
Also I would like to add that they've got Nazi-style uniforms for the New Ministry. o_O Complete with armbands.

I have to agree the Mudblood thing was really sad. Though when the torturing started, I thought for a second that Bellatrix was biting Hermione. Kinda freaky. Anyone else notice the hair, fall onto hermione's coat? for the Breaking into Gringrotts. I also can not wait for Bellatrix/Molly.
And the Nazi-Style uniforms I noticed like straight off. And was like Clever, reinforce the Nazism Regime to Voldemort.

But, Overall, I really enjoyed the film.
The only thing that actually kinda bugged me, was the Letter Lily sent to Sirius and the Picture.
Because that's part of Snape, whole I love Lily, therefore, I am on the good side.
And the fact there was no proper flash back in Godrics Hollow.

I think the Wormtail thing, was just not done because it wouldn't be very kid friendly. I wasn't actually that annoyed about them leaving that out.

I loved the Tale of the Three Brothers. That was pretty Awesome. Just how they did it.

Overall, it is the best potter film so far.

I loved Draco,
Dobby's animation should have been better
Harry didn't really act like Harry for a while (the dancing- I loved it, but a bit unHarryish
I was VERY VERY ANGRY because they didn't put like the gryffindor banners and girls on motorbike pictures in Sirius' room. I Love sirius, he is my favourite character-that wasn't good enough
Also they didn't put in enough of Harry and Kreachers relationship developing or Harry anguish at Hedwigs death/Dumbledore not telling him enough
Also not enough normality, weasleys at dinner etc.
They didn't put Dudley saying "I don't think you're a waste of space!
Didn't put in Kreacher hitting dung with the pan
Really mad about not putting in lily's letter

Good points:

As I have already said-Draco
Actually all the death eaters/snatchers were very good
Kreacher poking dung with the fork
The torture was quite good, well bad, but well done
The three brothers tale
The scene at the grave
Bathilda Bagshot
Xenophilius Lovegood.
The line "Ready when you are Sir" "Sir? I like her very much."
Dobby's lines were better, but animation not as good Good dobby lines. "I didn't mean to kill, only to maim-or seriously injure." Absolute genius.
Dobby's last speech was sad, cried my eyes out
I was crying in minutes, at hermione obliviating her parents memories of her, and at hedwig (Poor hedwig...)
They portrayed Ron's jelousy very well
Fred and George were AMAZING-as always and the scene with the toothbrush? ROFL!!-also the "holey" thing was done well.
I loved dung, he was really good
Cried so hard when Madeye died.
Harry and Ginny were great, notice that he ran to her before lupin pulled him away.

Last but not least

THE SEVEN HARRY'S

I LAUGHED SOOOOO HARD!! "don't look at me Bill, I'm hideous!"-Harry in a bra!!! ROFL LOL LMAO . SO very very funny!!!

So yes I saw it and thought it was amazing beyond all!

everything missing I can forgive however one part did bug me and that was the whole mirror fragment, while it is explained in the book as being the magic mirror Siruis gave to Harry in the fifth one in the movie it just sort've appears... and without any explanation...

Favorite scene would have to be at the end when Bellatrix is talking to Dobby, she actually believed in everything she was saying!
Bellatrix: You could've killed me!
Dobby: Dobby did not mean to kill Miss, maim or perhaps seriously injure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back