Holiday at the Sigurd Mannor

Deciding that he was not going to let Erik in on any peepshows, Tristan carried Erik downstairs, not wanting to be on the second level for anything, noting that Estrella was still sitting at the table, not having finished her breakfast. Taking a seat down next to her, he grimaced in disgust as Josh began to talk, recalling the incident from his youth all too well. He choked a bit as he held a squirming Erik, deciding that he needed to get the kid outside sooner or later.

"You okay, 'strella?" he asked quietly, her expression looking quite ghastly with hues of both red and green.

"No, I think I might go lie down," His daughter replied, starting to get up from her chair, a bit quietly. The discussion was bothering her quite alot, especially after what she had witnessed last night.

"I wouldn't go upstairs if I were you," Tristan warned quietly as he clutched a restless Erik, beginning to wrestle with the little tyke, "You probably would want to take one of the couches down here."

Feeling especially nauseated after this statement, with a knowing look to her father Estrella moved to the sofa in the living room.

Looking back to his brother and sister in law, he silently stared down at the mess of oatmeal, which he figured he better clean up, not able to bring his eyes to Josh for fear of either laughing or blurting something unnecessary and embarrassing.

Josh almost lost it when he saw Lief give him a questioning look, and moved his eyes away from his as fast as possible, only to catch Tristan's glance. It was all he could do to keep from bursting out in laughter and blowing the cover that Sarah and Valcan seemed to want to keep on their relationship. It still cracked him up that they were an item in the past, but made sense as to what he was feeling between them. The tension was palpable whenever they were in the same room, and now he realized it wasn't really hatred, but love that they shared.

"So, Daisy, would you mind if I made some breakfast? I think I finally am ready to eat something. I can cook for everyone if you don't mind," he asked, knowing that he was able to make one heck of an omelet -- the only thing he was able to cook.

Erik giggled as he squirmed in his father's arms, wanting to get away and run around again. He grinned as he saw Josh, smirking. "Piss," he exclaimed, looking to Josh, and then pointing at his father, he murmured, "Trissy Wissy!"

Brunhilde was quite disgusted as she made her way down to the breakfast table, having heard something that she would rather not have, thinking it was Lief and Daisy. She noticed Estrella laying on the couch, looking positively sick. Her blonde ringlets setting on her shoulders, she sat down at the breakfast table, wondering what there was to eat. "It sounds like some people are having a kickstart to their morning," she commented in annoyance. She started, however, as she noticed Daisy and Lief sitting at the table, her mouth open in shock.

Daisy tried to keep from laughing as Erik started using an inappropriate word, then called his father a rather funny nickname that only could have come from Josh. "Yeah, go ahead. As long as you are cooking for all of us, I have no problems with it. Make mine with provolone, asparagus and mushrooms if you don't mind," she said with a grin. She loved omelets, especially when someone else was making them.

She turned back to Anders and tried to put another spoonful of cereal in his mouth while avoiding the sippycup he was banging on his tray. He was babbling and trying to talk as well, only managing to make some random sounds. "Ba ba ba ma ma da dadadada Puh puh puh tri ss tri sss" Daisy laughed and then turned to Tristan and said, "I think he is talking to you Trissy Wissy." She had a huge, devilish grin on her face.

As Brun joined them at the table, she was surprised by what she had said. "What do you mean? And why do you look shocked to see me here?" she asked confused.

Josh looked up as he was beating the eggs and saw Brun walk in, a positively disgusted look on her face. Since she was coming from upstairs, he figured she had overheard something she would rather not, and he had to turn around to face the stove to keep from busting out in laughter. "Morning Brun, what would you like in your omelet?" he said, barely able to maintain a straight voice.

Brunhilde shuddered as she looked to Anders, wondering what exactly he was trying to say at the end of his little spheal. Looking to Daisy, her eyes wide, she tried to divert from the subject, asking, "Where are Sarah and Valcan anyway?" Her eyes widened as she realized what she had just said, and what was really going on. Making a face, she turned to Josh, replying, "I don't think I could eat anything anymore, but if you really want to, ham and cheese, please."

Realization dawned on Daisy as Brun asked where her mother and her father in law were. She set down the spoon she was feeding Anders with, and felt like she was going to be sick. "No. It is not possible. Is it? But they hate each other. They can't stop bickering--" she stopped short as she said that. She spoke softly, realizing that she missed the fact that her mother was in love with Valcan, and he with her. She turned to look at Josh and Tristan, noting the way they would not look at each other at all. "You two knew about this didn't you? How long has this been going on between them?" Daisy was surprisingly calm, for now, about the situation. She was more curious about what was happening than upset, for the moment.

Tristan gagged a bit as he looked to Daisy, raising an eyebrow. "It's been happening since you three were still widdle second years. Rather unfortunate happenstance during Auror training," he replied, choking as he held Erik, "Although they broke up a long time ago." He felt horribly sorry for Daisy, Lief and Brun, who had to find out the hard way.

Daisy sat in shock. "Since our second year in school? But they broke up? So all of their bickering and hatred that we have witnessed is all because they had an affair and never expected to see each other again," she spoke slowly, and with clarity of the situation. Her voice became steely as she continued, "I wonder whose idea this little reunion of theirs was." Daisy picked up the spoon again and gave Anders another bite of cereal. She was becoming rather annoyed with her mother and her father-in-law. How could they do this in their home of all places?

Josh flipped the omelet, and then turned to Daisy. "From what I heard in the hallway just now, I think it was Valcan's idea. I'm sorry. If I can do anything, let me know." He flipped the omelet and then slid it from the pan to the plate and set it in front of Daisy. He turned back to the stove and poured in the eggs for Brun's omelet. "Any particular kind of cheese Brun? They seem to have most anything." He smiled at the blonde, hoping that he would be able to help the conversation turn from the awkward one that was in the room.

Lief's expression turned sour as his brow furrowed in frustration, his thoughts echoing that of Daisy's words. At first he was surprised that Tristan had not said anything about it before, but on the other hand he couldn't blame the guy. One thing was for sure- He would be staying clear of both his father and mother in law for a while.

Spooning some cereal into Annie's mouth, who was being quite fidgety today, he sat in silence, staring down at the checkered blue tablecloth with the ice blue eyes that so resembled his late mother's. If the affair with Sarah had been going on the time that Tristan had explained, then Valcan had also cheated on his mother, Iduna. It both infuriated and stressed him, although he was never the one to voice his opinion.

Brunhilde looked to her brothers, simply appalled. "Then Mor ? Jeg kan ikke tro ham- Det skittene svinet. Først snyter han på henne, og lar hennes fall av en isbre." Her cheeks were flushed a deep red as she continued her rant in thick Norwegian, the only two able to understand her Tristan and Lief. "For skamen av alle ting ! Dette er ennå enda en grunn hvorfor jeg kan ikke stå ham."

Her cheeks still flushed, she looked to Josh, her eyes wild. She didn't think she was all that hungry anymore, but not wanting to keep him hanging, she replied quickly and quietly, "Just cheddar, please." She continued to fume as she sat in silence, obviously more outwardly bothered than her brother. She of course was not inclined to believe the ridiculous story that her father had woven about her mother's death, and wondered if it had anything to do with his affair with Sarah.

Tristan of course had understood everything Brun had said, shaking his head. Even though his Norwegian was a bit rusty, he decided to take a stab at it, his speech sounding unsure and choppy. "Tro meg du, Iduna som blir visst om. Jeg tror at det er grunnen som hun begynte til å streife omkring borte fra Far for det første. Og jeg kan ikke skylde henne for." He knew that this would leave everyone in this room besides his siblings confused, but he wasn't really sure the conversation should be picked up by them anyway.

Brunhilde's cheeks were flushed as she stared back at Tristan, trembling just a bit. "Det innbilske, manipulere plugg ! Mor var ikke noe men god til ham. Jeg håper at han får hva han fortjener." Her ice blue eyes glinting with anger, she crossed her arms in a huff, leaning back in her chair and remaining silent.

Erik's eyes were wide as he watched the exchange of conversation, seeing that people in the room were not happy. "Whatya say, Daddy?" he inquired brightly, confused that he was not even able to pick out any words of their hasty, heated babble.

"Hold up! If you are going to argue, can it at least be in English?" Daisy asked, a bit annoyed at her lack of Norwegian. "This is my mother too. You may be mad at your father, but do you realize that my mother is up there right now cheating on my father. He may not be in his right mind, but that still does not give her any rights to cheat." Daisy was angry, and really wishing she didn't have a houseful of people at the moment so she could scream and yell and then cry on Lief's shoulder.

Sighing, Tristan decided to break off the Norwegian with his sister. "I know it's stupid, Brun. Far is quite the agitator. You and I both know that."

He turned to Daisy, not sure of a way to break the tension in the room. "I apologize, Daisy. I was explaining that he did the same thing to Iduna." He of course could say nothing of cheating- He had done the same to Lorelei, had left Morgase for Lissandra, and then had gone back to Morgase, who was his adoptive brother's wife, no less.

Feeling a bit awkward, he sat in his chair, placing Erik on the chair next to him, who, surprisingly for the moment, sat, swinging his legs and looking around in confusion.

"Wait. You said that Mother and Far were having an affair when we were all second years? That means," Daisy took a deep breath, having just done the math in her head, "that he cheated on Iduna with my mother." She closed her eyes, disgusted at the fact that her mother was a part of the end days of her husband's mother's life. She shook her head. "I don't even know who she is anymore. How could she do that? How do I even..." Her voice trailed off as she opened her eyes and looked at her husband, her hurt reflected in his ice blue eyes as his own pain. She started to feel the release she was craving as hot tears started to flow down her face.

His siblings had been talking about the very thing, so Lief knew what the root of the problem was, moving forward to Daisy to comfort her. His expression calm, he embraced her, retorting in a soothing voice, "Don't even think about it, honey. Their idiocy is not worth getting upset over." He was not sure what else to say, wiping the tears from her face.

Daisy put her head down on Lief's shoulder. She was extremely distressed over the fact that her mother had played a part in one of the most difficult parts of her husband's life. She looked up at Lief again and spoke softly, just loud enough for him to hear her. "I want them out of our house. And for now, I want to keep Daddy here. Would that be okay with you? I just think he deserves better than her." Her eyes were sad, thinking of how her father has been hurt in all of this -- even if he had no idea what was going on around him.

Lief gazed back at Daisy for a moment, contemplating the consequences of kicking his father out of his own house. He knew well enough what Valcan was capable of, although he had usually been exempt from punishment when he was a child, quite like Sammael, but quite unlike Tristan and even Brunhilde. "I'm happy with whatever you have to do, honey," he said, meaning it with all seriousness.

Daisy was relieved that Lief was okay with her decision. She looked up at him and kissed his lips gently. "Okay. Now. How do we tell them that they have to leave. I really don't want to even see her at the moment." Daisy was nervous. She knew what Valcan could be like, and she really did not want to deal with that.

Lief was feeling a bit rebellious as he looked to Daisy, deciding that he would side with his wife no matter the consequences. If she needed him to step in, he would.

"I can tell them," he said quietly, looking to her and then back to his siblings.

Daisy looked at her husband and relaxed a bit. "Really? Thanks sweetheart. So do we think they are finished yet? I really want them out of here." She looked at the others, wondering what their opinions are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back