Holiday at the Sigurd Mannor

Tristan coughed a bit as he looked to Lief and Daisy, attempting to mask his surprise at their suggestion with a forced calmness. "I think I'll stay and watch the kids, if you two don't mind." He had gone through enough with his father that he was fairly convinced that he should keep his hands clean on this one.

Daisy was not looking forward to this at all. She always had a good relationship with her mother, until now. "Okay. Let's go." She took Lief's hand and headed towards the stairs.

Lief grasped Daisy's hand as he made his way up the stairs, keeping in perfect stride with her as they made their way to Valcan's room. With a sharp rap, he knocked on Valcan's door, waiting for someone to respond.

Sarah was about to open the door and sneak out when there was a sharp knock. She spun around and looked at Valcan with a frightened look on her face. She whispered frantically, "Who is that? You need to get rid of them so I can get down stairs." She walked back over to where Valcan was and put her arms around his neck and gave him a long kiss. As she pulled back, she whispered, "Get rid of them. Please." Sarah then went into the adjoining bathroom to hide, not knowing that she was about to be busted anyways.

Valcan was a bit startled by the sudden knock on the door, scratching his chin, knowing that he needed to shave the light bristles of his beard. If he wore it too long, he appeared quite haggard, and as a politician he did not want to put himself off as that way.

Nodding to Sarah, who slipped into the bathroom without a sound, he tightened his robes about himself, opening the door and looking upon Daisy and Lief. He was a little unnerved by their expressions, but his manner was as smooth as ever. "Is there a problem?" he inquired in his deep, husky accent, looking between them both.

Daisy could not believe the casual manner with which Valcan answered the door. "Why yes, there IS a problem. I want to speak with my mother and I do believe you know exactly where she is. Unless our ears have been deceiving us and it was not her voice we just heard inside your room." Daisy glared at Valcan, daring him to lie to her face. She knew what he was capable of, and at this point, she didn't care. He was not the person she thought he was, and her mother was just as guilty.

Valcan's golden eyes glinted in a smirk as he looked to Daisy and his son, leaning casually against the door. "Sarah? You have to be joking me. I believe you are terribly mistaken, Daisy."

Sarah could hear the voices from the bathroom, but stayed in, hoping that Valcan would be able to talk their way out of this.

Daisy could tell that Valcan was lying, but still wanted him to admit to the fact that he and Sarah were together. "Well, then how is it that you were seen with her in the hallway shortly before another member of this household heard you and your mystery woman having a bit too much fun for this time of the morning. Now get my mother. We need to speak with both of you. Now." She was getting madder by the moment, and her voice showed it, although her demeanor was still relatively calm.

Valcan raised his eyebrow at Daisy, putting on a look of whimsical surprise, a glint of anger passing through his eye with a flash that was immensely hard to catch. So, who had been the mystery eavesdropper? Shrugging his shoulders, he replied, "Have you checked in her room yet? I do not believe it is very fair to falsely accuse me."

"Do I really look like an idiot? Why would I accuse you of something unless I have proof?" Daisy was livid by this point. She could not believe that her mother was hiding from her still. "She is not there, and she was last seen snogging with you in the hallway." Her voice was becoming snotty, but she didn't care. This was their house, and this was very disrespectful to them. "So much for you two hating each other." She was starting to shake at this point. "Now where is she hiding. The bathroom? How cliche."

Valcan chuckled a bit, turning to Daisy. "Even if this matter you are accusing me of were to be true, I can assure you that it would none of your business." His expression had darkened considerably, his tone dangerous.

Daisy was shaking, but tried to control it as best she could. She looked Valcan straight in the eyes and responded. "This is our house. What goes on here IS our business. And it is especially our business when you are disrespecting us in our own home!" Her voice was becoming louder as she spoke.

Valcan stared back at Daisy, his golden eyes glowing with anger. He was silent as he looked to his son, and then he commented quietly, "Women should stay in their place."

Lief had been silent throughout this whole ordeal, letting Daisy do the talking, but what his father had just emitted was simply too much. "Far, I am fully aware that you are lying to me and I do not appreciate the way you are talking to my wife. We are in my house, not in the Herrogard, and the ways are a little different here."

This was totally new for Lief as he straightened himself to appear taller, his ice blue eyes glinting with anger. "Far, if you are going to continue this thing with Sarah I must ask you to please leave. It is more than a little upsetting, and I will have none of it." His adam's apple bobbed as he looked to his father, never having said a word against him in his life.

Valcan's light eyebrow raised in surprise as he looked to his son, never having gotten a word in opposition from his youngest against him in his life. "Excuse me?" he inquired, his voice a deep growl, his golden eyes glowing with anger, appearing as if they were on fire. He stepped farther inside his room, unable to believe that he had just been asked to leave his son's house. Valcan was never asked to leave anywhere. He stared down Lief, even at his son's height looming over him.

Sarah stood in the bathroom, her ear pressed to the door. She was shocked to hear the exchange between her daughter and Valcan. It surprised her that they had been discovered, especially when Daisy said they were spotted snogging in the hallway. I wonder who saw us out there. I wonder if Tristan and Erik said something. I will kill that twit if he is the one who blew our cover. She listened as Lief finally spoke, ordering his father out of the house. She was stunned. Lief was always very respectful and quiet. She pressed her ear closer to the door, then stepped back, and cracked the door open a tiny bit to be able to hear better.

Lief had to keep himself from trembling as he stared back at his father, and he replied firmly, if a bit waveringly at first, "You heard me, Far. Please, get out." He glared back at him, just to let him know that there was more behind this than the simple fact of Sarah and his father being together. "If you have to, carry the situation back to the Herrogard, but I'll not have it here."

Lief was more than a little unsettled, knowing that speaking to a superior like this was not the most intelligent thing to do; especially where the Death Eaters were concerned. He was pretty sure he'd be on the ground right now, if he were not family.

"Fine then," Valcan replied gruffly, staring his son down. "Leave me to gather my things." He did not even acknowledge Daisy as he began to close the door slowly, thinking that she had riled Lief up to this.

Daisy watched as Lief informed his father to leave. As Valcan tried to close the door on them, she stepped into the room. "We will not leave until I speak with my mother," then turning to yell into the room, "I know you are here Mother. Stop being a child and get out here!" Daisy pulled Lief along into the room with her. She did not care if this was the room they gave to Valcan to use. It was their house and she would do as she pleased.

"As you please," Valcan replied snidely, and with one swift moment he pulled Sarah out of the bathroom, gently by her arm and glaring at Daisy as he began to gather his things. He was quite glad that he had already dressed.

Sarah was not sure if she should step out from the bathroom until Valcan guided her out to the bedroom. She was not prepared for the hurt and furious look on her daughter's face. "You wanted something?" she asked very casually.

Daisy was stunned as her mother was pulled from the bathroom. "I cannot believe you. Cheating on Daddy!? He deserves better than you. I want you out of here. Daddy is going to live with us from now on, not you." Her words dripped with venom as she spoke. "Get out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back