Holiday at the Sigurd Mannor

Without waiting for another word, Valcan kissed Sarah fully on the lips almost as if to mock his son, and with a last glare at the pair he apparated out of the house with her and to the Herrogard.

Lief's brow furrowed in disgust as his father disapparated, not sure what he thought about his father's rather asinine exit. He turned to look at Daisy, grasping her hand as he looked around the room. He was absolutely miffed at the moment, sighing and figuring that the kids should cheer him up.

Trying a light smile, he inquired, "Well, they're gone. Do you think we should bring your father down to breakfast?"

Daisy was shocked at the way Valcan acted like a child and kissed her mother in front of them like he was marking his property. She was relieved that they were gone, but had no idea what to think about the whole situation.

She looked up at Lief, then took a deep breath. She was not sure what to do with Daddy, but knew that Sarah was no longer a good situation for him. "I think I should bring him some food in his room later. I don't know exactly how well he will behave around the children yet." She stretched up and kissed her husband on the lips. "Let's head back down to let the others know what happened."

Lief was a little unsettled by the whole situation, quite glad for the opportunity to go downstairs and finally eat some breakfast. He was not entirely sure about having Gilderoy there, but if Daisy wanted it, he would live with it. He was her father after all.

Kissing Daisy back on the lips, Lief walked back with her down the stairs, commenting, "I suppose that would be best- An omelet sounds rather delectable right now."

Daisy smiled up at her husband, her eyes reflecting her love for him. "Thank you. I cannot believe this actually happened. And that I am actually now responsible for my father. He is such a handful." She spoke as they walked down the stairs. As they entered the kitchen, she walked over to her son, who was now playing with the remaining cereal in his bowl. She laughed and took the bowl away from him. "Look at you! All covered in cereal. Let's get you cleaned up!" She quickly waved her wand, and the cereal disappeared from the high chair and his face. She then sat down at the table, and took a bite of the omelet that was waiting there for her, not saying anything to those around her. She wasn't sure just what to say.

Tristan watched as Daisy and Lief filtered back into the room, raising his eyebrows as neither said anything about what had occurred upstairs. He was rather surprised that he hadn't heard any yelling from the second level, not sure whether to be glad or not.

Attempting to break the silence and pinning an ever-wriggling Erik to his chest with his broad arms, he asked, "Is there a playground of some sort around here? Or somewhere open and concealed where I could let Erik fly?"

Daisy realized that Tristan was asking about where to let Erik play. "Sorry, hun, yeah. You can let him run in the back yard. We have established protections on the yard so the twins won't be able to get out once they are on the run. And no one can see in either." She picked up Anders from the high chair. "Feel free to let him loose," she added with a smile.

Tristan chuckled a bit as he looked to Daisy a bit nervously, as he set him on the ground, having finished his omelet. Kicking back in the chair, he stated, "Good thing he doesnt' totally understand you- He might take that to heart." Looking to his son, he looked back to Daisy. "So- Did it go, erm- well? I mean, as well as it really can anyway."

He knew he probably shouldn't have brought it up, but he was curious to know what had transpired between the two couples.

Erik of course had not been paying attention to what Daisy had said, and even if he had he would have forgotten about it entirely, quite elated to get out of his father's restrictive hold and run around. His first time on a broom had been last night; and he wanted to be on it again. With a bounce in his step, he made his way into the kitchen, where Josh seemed to be finishing up making his omelettes. Grinning at him broadly with his tiny teeth, he inquired sweetly, his hands behind his back, "Watcha doin?" He was going to be good- For now.

Daisy looked up at Lief, then at Tristan. "Yeah, I guess it went as well as can be expected. Sarah was hiding in his bathroom. They are no longer in the house." She shuddered as the thought of seeing her mother in the arms of her father-in-law.

Tristan's eyes narrowed as he looked between Daisy and Lief, quite curious as to what had really gone on but deciding that he wasn't going to push it further. A thought suddenly occured to him, not having thought about the particular person for quite a while. "What happens to Gilderoy?" he inquired, wondering where the man had to turn. Was it back to St. Mungo's? He did not know the man well but he had found him to be one of the worst Defense teachers Hogwarts had ever seen, bested only by the fat toad, Umbridge. It was quite odd the paths of whom he was crossing after school. His ice blue eyes followed Erik as he practically leapt into the kitchen, figuring that he wouldn't get into too much. At least, that was the hope.

Brunhilde surveyed the conversation with a rather bitter expression, her eyes darting between the three that were conversing. Well, Lief was not saying much of anything, but to anyone who knew him that really wasn't a surprise. "Indeed," she added to Tristan's question, her tone lessening on the poison just a bit. "The two- Disgust me." She said quietly, looking between Lief and Daisy. "Can you imagine what a mess it would be if you two ended up stepbrother and stepsister?" She shuddered, looking back to her emptied plate and then back up to Daisy, observing her rather harried expression.

Daisy gagged just a bit as she heard Brun speak. "No. That would be just so WRONG! How-- no, they would never end up married. They can't. They just can't." She was close to tears at this point and felt the need to escape. She was holding Anders so she hitched him up on her hip, then picked up Annette from her chair. "I believe it is nap time for these two. Excuse us." She gave a pained smile to Lief, and headed out of the kitchen and up the stairs to the babies bedrooms.

Brunhilde was not one to feel sorry for her actions, although upon her sister-in-law's reaction to her offhand comment she was more than a bit troubled. Rising fluidly from her seat, she followed Daisy up the stairs and into the bedroom of her niece and nephew, looking to her long time friend. "I didn't mean to say that in such a manner, dear," she stated, attempting to explain herself. Her father always brought out the bitter side in her, no matter the circumstances, and she was prone to be quite cruel at these times, even if it harmed people that she didn't even intend to.

Daisy placed the twins on the floor, then picked up Anders and checked his diaper before placing a kiss on his forehead and putting him into his crib. She then did the same with Annette before turning to talk to Brun. She pulled her out to the hallway, then shut the door. "I know. It was the first time I thought about that possibility and I really don't like the idea one bit. I would love being sisters with you, if we weren't already, but to be a stepsibling with my husband would just be wrong."

"Exactly," Brunhilde replied, looking to her niece and nephew, her ice blue eyes trailing about the nursery before falling back on Daisy. "I could never forgive Far if he pulled a stunt like that; I would find it hard to as it is, for a fact." She shook her head. "It gives me a bit more understanding why my mother did what she did.

Looking to Daisy, she replied a bit curtly, "She did the same thing to my father that he did to her." Knowing that Daisy would catch on, she moved over to Anders' crib, whose blue eyes were still open as he looked up at her, smiling. "You know, your children are really little dears." Brunhilde never had envisioned having a family of her own, but if she ever did she would want something like Daisy and Lief had.

Daisy looked up with a bit of shock. "I had no idea that Iduna had done that to Valcan as well." She watched as Brun looked at the twins. "Yeah. I kinda am partial to them." She smiled at Annette, watching as her eyes slowly closed and did not reopen. "But you have not really seen them throw a fit yet either."

"Yeah, it was quite the mess," Brunhilde replied smoothly, leaning against the edge of Anders' crib and looking at him, contorting her face to make it unusually funny, making the boy giggle. "No, I have not had the pleasure of seeing that-" she looked to Daisy with a smirk, "But they're not quite as, er, rambunctious as my other nephew, I hope?"

Daisy chuckled a bit. "No, these two have nothing on Erik. He is in a class all by himself. But if you keep making faces at Anders, he will never nap and you will get to see one of his tantrums firsthand." She smiled at Brun and then said, "Let's get out of the room." She flicked her wand that she got out from her pocket and closed the blinds and turned on Ander's mobile.

"Ah- right," Brunhilde said with a smile, turning away from Anders and exiting the room fluidly. Turning to look at Daisy, she said, "So, how long is everyone staying, then?" She actually wasn't sure how long she was staying at her brother's house- Not how long she was expected nor how long she really should.

Daisy shut the bedroom door behind them and looked at her friend. "You are welcome to stay as long as you wish. Josh is going to be here a few more days, and Tristan and company are planning to stay for another week or so, until the end of the holiday break from Hogwarts." She then sighed. "My mother and father were going to be here for just another day, but Daddy is now staying a lot longer than we had planned." She had a sad look on her face as she mentioned this, but then seemed to shake it off. "Lets head outside on the patio. Maybe the guys have Erik out in the yard flying already. That could be quite comical."

"Ah," Brunhilde replied, giving Daisy a small smile. "I might stay for a few more days, but I'm going to have to get back to work sometime or other." She absolutely hated her job, although she never had confided that to anyone. But the one thing it provided was a hiding place from her family, her father most of all.

"Indeed, it would," she replied, adding, "I've never been one for Quidditch, myself. But the boys in the family were all crazy about it. They had me as a Keeper once; put me to shame, they did."

Daisy smiled at Brun. "Yeah, work does beckon soon doesn't it." They began walking down the stairs. "I really don't want to go back to work, but I must. I need to find a nurse for Daddy too. The nanny can't take care of him and the twins too." She grimaced. She was not sure what she was going to do with her father yet, and needed to make a decision. She might have to send him back to St. Mungo's to keep him safe, but that is a decision for later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back