Holiday at the Sigurd Mannor

Tristan had noticed the way Estrella had gagged on her oatmeal as Erik began talking to Sarah, figuring that she must have seen something. Chuckling quietly, he burst out into laughter as his father entered the room, unable to contain himself. He frowned at Erik, who had smeared oatmeal all over everywhere, but a kid was a kid, nonetheless.

At his son's outburst, Tristan laughed even harder, tears welling up in his eyes, bringing attention to himself at the table. Picking up Erik with one fluid movement out of his chair, he snorted, "Excuse us. Someone needs a bath." Carrying Erik like a sack of potatoes over his shoulder squealing and giggling, Tristan was still laughing as he made his way up the stairs, having to catch his breath quite a few times.

Sarah was mortified as Erik confirmed her susupicions that Tristan knew what had transpired. She turned a lovely shade of red as he hurried out of the room with Erik over his shoulder.

"I believe I no longer have an appitite. Excuse me." Sarah pushed herself away from the table and walked out onto the patio and sat on one of the lounge chairs. Closing her eyes, she tilted her head back to the sun and kicked her feet up on the ottoman. To anyone who did not know what had just happened, she looked as though she was enjoying the sunlight. However, she was struggling to control the mix of feelings that she was enduring.

Valcan kept his composure as he sat in his seat, long since having learned to control his emotions, his golden eyes only widened a bit. How did Tristan know anything? It was quite obvious who had seen them now- And it made him curious to see who else had been peeking.

He didn't follow after Sarah, though, knowing that it would look wholly suspicious.

Daisy woke up and wandered down to her kitchen with Anders on her hip. She heard Tristan having a time with Erik in the bathroom. She smiled as she kissed Anders on the top of the head and made her way down the stairs to get breakfast. When they walked in, there was an unusual silence. Valcan was reading the paper while Estrella was pushing around the oatmeal in her bowl.

"Good morning everyone! I take it you slept well?" she asked as she brought a bottle out from the fridge for Anders, then moved to pour herself a mug of coffee.

Erik squealed shrilly as he managed to slip past his father, chunks of oatmeal still clinging to his slippery, wet child's body. With the mixture of bubblebath and oatmeal, he appeared to be quite the monster, grinning broadly as he ran through the kitchen, giggling in delight. He had left his much older father behind him, delighting in the chase.

He attempted to slip past Daisy as he zoomed through the kitchen, his two year old's bare nekkedness an eye opener for all.

Daisy busted up laughing as Erik came running into the room. "Erik! Where is your father?" she asked with a giggle in her voice. She quickly handed Anders over to Valcan and raced after the naked monster. She finally caught him in her arms, and realized how slippery the little one was -- and what kinda trail he was leaving behind her. She quickly slipped on the floor and fell on her bottom, Erik escaping yet again to wreck havoc on the house.

Erik wrestled with Daisy, bellowing loudly, "Noooo!" He managed to wriggle out of her slippery grasp, giggling with much vigor as he made a race toward the stairs, where he knew his father wasn't. He was on the prowl for his toy broomstick, too.

Tristan raced into the kitchen looking quite comical, his shirt slopped with a mess of water, bubblebath and oatmeal. He could really feel the pains of being a parent at the moment, never having imagined anything could be this difficult. Estrella had not been like Erik, that was for sure.

"Where did he go?" he grunted, his expression tired and both full of irritation and amusement as he observed the dirty trail his son had left behind. "He's a slippery little bugger."

Josh was heading down the stairs, when he heard a commotion in the kitchen. A few seconds later, a naked Erik came running out. He was not sure where the child was heading, but he figured he was up to no good. Josh moved forward and grabbed the little wet monster and held him securely. Walking into the kitchen, he laughed as he saw Valcan with Anders, Estrella sitting and not looking at anyone, Daisy on the floor and Tristan soaked. "Lose something?" he asked with a chuckle.

Erik struggled and kicked against Josh, not having expected to be caught this quickly, if at all. "NOOOOOOOOO!" he squealed, still giggling, flailing and trying to squirm out of his grasp like a little snake. "LEGGO!" he bellowed, the strength with which he kicked and hit quite surprising for someone his age. Why did adults always have to ruin his fun?

Josh was surprised at how hard the little bugger could kick, but held his own. "I don't think so. You are not going anywhere."

Erik was in no way a quitter, and in all seriousness only his mother would have stopped him at this point. He continued to struggle, getting a bit miffed as he realized that he was not winning. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" he continued to squeal, although he was not giggling anymore. He hated being constricted! His cry of disdain was becoming one more of despair.

Tristan grinned at Daisy, who had fallen on the floor, his ice blue eyes flickering in amusement as he looked to Erik. "No, I agree with Josh; you, mister, are not going anywhere." He stepped forward slowly, almost afraid to take Erik from Josh; the kid was so danged slippery!

"Sure," Tristan said with a grin, and looking to Erik sternly, he said, "You, champ, are going to be getting a proper bath." He led the way back to the bathroom, knowing that Erik would hate the thought.

"No bath!" Erik squealed shrilly, attempting to twist and writhe out of Josh's grip. "No bath, Daddy!" Knowing that he was defeated, he concluded his tantrum with a pout, deciding to act docile for now. He would get this two back; one way or another. If he was still, they wouldn't expect him to run away again; his only intention.

Josh held the squirming child tighter, hoping that he would get the hint that he was not going anywhere. "Yes, you are having a bath. Tristan, I think I will stick around. This one seems to be as much of a schemer as you are. I don't know if we can trust him at all."

Erik looked up at Josh, giving him a bright smile in his response to his bath comment, even though he hated it. He could milk it if he really wanted to.

Tristan grinned as he looked to Josh. "Indeed; I appreciate the help." He observed Erik's pouting face, and then his futile attempt to win back Josh's trust. "Are you sure it isn't just me? I think he has some influence from his uncle Josh." Of course, he considered his best friend a brother, and was constantly joking with him.

Josh held firm to the child in his arms, and moved closer to the bathtub. He put Erik in, then moved to shut the door and stand with his back against it, prohibiting him from leaving the room if he got out again. "I think it is just you Tris. Gotta be alllll your problem." Josh smirked at his friend, knowing that he could tease him easily.

Erik giggled shrilly as he was placed in the bathtub, splashing water all around. Splashing and father and sending some towards Josh, he squealed, "Gotchoo!" Grinning broadly, although knowing that he would have to lay low sitting in his place.

Josh laughed as Erik tried to splash him. He did manage to get him a bit, but soaking Tristan in the process. "Yeah, you got me, but I think your Daddy got the most. You a bit wet there Tristan?"

Tristan had not braced himself for the splash in his face, the whole front of his shirt becoming soaked and his hair sopping with water. Wiping his brow, he muttered, "Yeah Josh, you could say that." He shook his head, watching as Erik continued to play. He sure was a handful.

((sweet banner!!))

Josh continued to laugh as Erik played in the tub. He then had a devilish idea. He leaned over and grasped his wand from his pocket, slowly so as not to attract attention to what he was doing. Silently he whispered 'Aguamenti' and aimed it at the man that was next to the tub. "GET HIM ERIK!" he yelled, his voice cracking with the laughter.

Erik delighted in the fact that his this guy seemed to be on his side; and he adopted his own way of thinking. With a sly grin, he slopped water all over his father unexpectedly, beaming as Josh got him from the other side. "Ha, DADDY!" he exclaimed with a giggle, pointing at his sopping wet father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back