Open Heta Omega S1 Event - Camping Trip!

Valeria smiled at the girl who approached her. "Hi! It's good to meet you Senna," she said with a warm tone. She held out her hand to her. "I'm Valeria," she said. She didn't know too much about the girl, apart from her not being in ravenclaw, and not in the youngest group. "What takes your fancy tonight?" she asked, motioning to all that had been set up, wanting to let her pick what she wanted to do.
@Senna Overby

Savannah glanced at the girl who approached her, who seemed too friendly for her own good. Savannah frowned at the girl, "Just you pick," she told her a little shortly. "Sure snacks," Savannah said, not waiting and just heading to where the snack were before Maisie could change her mind about it.
@Maisie Morvay

Rosie glanced at the girl who approached her, she gave a wide smile. "Hi! It's good to meet you Georgia!" she said nodding in agreement, "I'm Rosie yeah," she replied. "I'm glad too!" she might have a real sister already but Rosie always welcomed the sister she could get here during the heta omega events. "Are you a first year?" she asked her.
@Georgia Astor

Eloise nodded when the older girl introduced herself, telling her she was paired with her on the sisters list. She glanced around for a second to look at the activities the girls leading the group had set up around the place. Sure, the president had just told them what they were but honestly she wasn't entirely sure what corn hole even was. "Oh, no, that sounds nice." She smiled when Aurora offered getting some s'mores so they could get to know each other a little better, heading over to take a seat by the fire so they could. Getting to know other girls, specifically those outside of her own year, was exactly why she had joined the club after all. @Aurora Archer

As June noticed something of an change in Celia her face she smiled. It seemed like she had made an good effort in this. She nodded as the girl explained. June was actually curious what Celia her reason was to be part of this club than. '' I can understand. This is horrible. Why did you decide to stay an member here?'' June than asked her curiously. She stood there in the tent with Celia as Tempest joined them. And June was glad her roommate was part of this club, perhaps it was less bad. June would see how she would feel about the club, if it was really stupid she was gonna quit. But she now needed it still. June was glad Tempest thought the same. They were now three Slytherins who hated this camping idea. June figured an Slytherin never would come up with such an stupid idea. '' If you come up with this you are really childish. Some of our classmates would like it, but they are stupid.'' June than spoke confidently in response. As Celia seemed to approve the things Tempest said she smirked. '' Tempest. You are not gonna sleep here too right?'' June than asked her. They could both just sleep in their beds in the dorm. June could spreak freely to Tempest she knew and Celia as well. She didn't had to pretend to be nicer and they were just inside so she didn't had to pretend.

@Tempest Vero @Celia Vuong

Margo had been quite honored when Elara had asked her to be the secretary for Heta Omega and she jumped at the chance. It also meant she was quite busier than she was last year. But she was grateful for it and threw herself into making sure this camp out could be as fun as it could be. She had taken charge of the arts and craft station. She wasn't the most artsy person there was but she had done her best and had a grabbed supplies from the arts room and set them out for the girls to do what they wanted. But she was most excited to make some friendship bracelets. Maybe she could even make one and sent it to Isadora?

She was picking out what colors she wanted to use and half listening to the scary stories being shared when she heard someone greet her. Margo turned and realized it was her little sister. "Oh hi, you're Darlessa right?" she asked just to make sure. "And no it's all set up." she explained. "But I'm about to make some friendship bracelets if you wanted me to show you how?" @Darlessa Karlsen

Tempest could care less what the president or other girls in charge thought was the best for the club. She knew it was possible to have better presidents in the future... hopefully someone with enough cleverness to make joining worth wild. "Exactly. June and I are too sophisticated for any of this," she continued flippantly, gesturing to the tent they were currently inhabiting. She hoped Celia appreciated that there were others in Slytherin in a similar mindset as she was seemingly in. Tempest really didn't know the prefect, but she knew making connections, even in her first year, was imperative for a successful future at Hogwarts and beyond. "Why would you ever assume that? I've never gone camping and don't plan to start now. Unless there was a very good reason." Tempest couldn't think of any right now, but there were a few classmates that really irked her, and this would be a good opportunity to mess with them. But it would require her to sleep outside. With bugs. No thank you. @Celia Vuong @June Davenport

Rosie seemed really sweet and someone that Georgia would really appreciate during her school years. "Yes, I'm a first year. And a Ravenclaw," she somewhat proudly added, she loved Ravenclaw even with it's long way up to the dorms, it was still the best house ever. "In which year and house are you?" she curiously asked, she knew Rosie as a Wild Patch leader but not as a student. @Rosie Archer

Josephine had been oddly honored to be asked to chaperone the ambitious camping trip the Heta Omega leader had thought of, though she suspected her job as a nurse would also come in handy. She stayed t the sidelines,w atching as the girls in chge arranged everything. Elara then spoke to everyone with a confidence Josephine would have struggled to rival at that age, evne if she hadn’t been exactly shy. She explained everything nicely, then let the girls go their own ways. She watched as Maris went to the girls that were telling scary stories, fighting a smile as she looked at the wide eyes some of the girls had at the story. She grabbed a beverage and watched the girls mingle and talk.

Rosie smiled brightly. "A ravenclaw? you must be really smart!" she complimented the girl. "I'm a fourth year, and I'm in gryffindor, but I wouldn't say I was all that brave," the girl said with a little shrug. She was perhaps putting herself down a bit, but she did really think that while not brave she had other qualities of the house.
@Georgia Astor

Maisie giggled, unbothered by the girls crankiness, and skipped after her, moving over to the snacks. "We should make some smores and tell each other scary stories," She offered, wrinkling her nose a little and giggling again. "I know a few really good ones, do you know any?" She asked, gathering a whole bunch of supplies and starting for the fire. @Savannah Walters

Gwen had been thinking baout the Heta event from the moment it had been announced. She wasn’t really the type for camping, but she could recognize the work that had gone into this event. She arrived and listened quietly to Elara, taking note of who her little sister was once she got a chance. It stung a bit to hear some nobody even younger than her had been picked ofr secretary, with Renata as Social Chair. But Gwen didn’t let her displeasure show on her face. She wandered around the campsite for a bit, taking everything in. A group of girls that included Celia were complaining nearby, rather loudly. Gwen barely restrained herself from rolling her eyes. She hated camping too, and was fairly sure she was going to feign a headache in order to sleep in her own bed tonight. But it was stupid to so openly despise something and show your cards. Gwen knew Celia had her elite sisterhood club, but it wasn’t something official like Heta Omega. It wasn’t like it could really compare, at least not yet. It wouldn’t be smart to burn bridges so openly. Gwen headed over to Elara, seeing her stand by some game she had no real interest in playing. “Hi, you must have put so much effort into all this.” She said, gesturing around. “Is there anything I can do to help?”

@Elara Chatelain

Savannah had though maybe the girl would decide she wasn't really worth any effort but it seemed she had thought wrong. "Sure," Savannah said. Though she shook her head. "I don't have time for scary stories, let alone come up with them. So let's hear yours," she replied with an almost friendly tone, but it wasn't that.
@Maisie Morvay

Between the Hufflepuff house meeting and this Heta Ometa camping trip, Penelope mused that she was spending a lot of time outside this semester, She listened to Elara as she spoke to them and explained what they were doing. She was glad there were a few staff members here, as camping with such a large group of girls seemed like a risky thing to do. Still, it was exciting too. Penelope was excited to look at the tents, though she was sad Marnie wasn’t here. She knew it was good for her to do things without her best friend, but she always felt so out of her depth. She looked at the big and little sister list, though she didn’t know the older girl she was paired with. Penelope decided to go look at the tents first, before attempting to socialize with anyone. She ducked into one quietly.

It felt good to find someone who understood her issues with Heta — even if that someone was a first year. "It's a good opportunity to scout out potential recruits for the Elite Sisterhood," Celia explained. "We look for girls who are sociable and committed to the idea of sisterhood. They tend to join Heta even though the club is too large to foster a true sense of community." It was a charitable way of saying that only antisocial losers chose not to sign up for a sorority when given the chance. Sure, there were quite a few of those in Heta anyway, but that's what the Elite Sisterhood was for — they filtered out all those losers to create an actual sorority. "Plus the clubroom's not that bad."

June greeted the first year, and Celia wondered if her name was really "Tempest." What was with all these first year Slytherins and their strange names? At Tempest's comment, Celia snorted a little, more out of amusement than derision. It was funny to think of a first year being too sophisticated for anything. "Some of your classmates seemed pretty happy to be out here," she said with a shrug. "What would be a good reason to go camping?" she asked curiously. Celia supposed she could see the appeal of glamping for a night in an exotic, well-known locale, the kind that graced the covers of luxury travel magazines. But a primitive tent and sleeping bag in the woods? You couldn't pay her to do that.

@June Davenport @Tempest Vero

Maisie giggled, finding a seat and patting the spot next to hers for Savannah to join her. She giggled at the question. "Well, I know some," She started making them some smores. "Like, there was a little boy laying in bed, scared. So he asked his daddy to check under the bed for monsters. Only, when his daddy looked under the bed, the little boy was hiding there, and he whispered, "Daddy, there's someone in my bed,"." She giggled. "Isn't that spooky?" @Savannah Walters

Savannah rolled her eyes again, but did sit down next to the girl. She made some smores, like the other one, though her attempt was a little clumsier, she didn't really know what she was doing with it. She listened to the story and laughed lightly. "No?" she said, perhaps it had just been too short a story. "I heard that there's a rapid ghost living in the forest," she said, not saying that she was telling a story as she spoke. "One that targets young women who step into the forest, the professors lie and say it's dangerous because of centaurs or whatever, but there's just a ghost,"
@Maisie Morvay

When Leah heard that the Heta Omega event was going to be a camping trip it was all she could think about for at least a week leading up to it. Her excitement dimmed a bit when she found out it was going to be on the lawn and not perhaps in the forest but she figured that was still off limits even with older students and the caretaker around. But when she arrived her was not disappointed at all the camp fire and tents were amazing and she could hardly choose what she wanted to do first. She had always wanted to go camping as a kid when she would read adventure books and the heroes would have to set up camp for the night but her mom always said no. The closest she had come was staying in some cabins while visiting her mother's family. Eventually she overheard some of the stories being shared around the campfire and she couldn't resist. She knew she should probably find her big sister since that was kind of the point of all this but she couldn't pull herself away and she took a seat.

Maisie giggled, turning a bit to face Savannah and putting together her S'more. "Oooh, I bet that's true!" She offered, getting into the scary story mood. "I know one, it's really creepy." She remembered reading it in the book, and had decided to try and tell it. "So there were these three guys staying in a cabin up on the mountain, right?" She started, hoping to catch Savannah's interest.

"They were hunters. But they got bored one day, and decided to make a scarecrow. They named him 'Harold', after a mean old neighbor that had died. They laughed as they made his beady eyes and evil grin. They set him up outside by the path and went back to the cabin. That night, they kept hearing noises. 'It's Harold!' they joked, but they went to bed anyway. When they woke up, Harold was leaning against the side of the cabin. They told themselves it was just the wind."

Maisie kept eating her s'more, though she'd started looking around for a drink. "For the next three days, they grew more and more uneasy. Strange noises kept coming at night, Harold would never be where they left him. They tried to convince themselves it was just their imagination." She smiled, leaning in. "After another two nights, their trip was finally over. They gathered their things and headed down the mountain. But halfway down, they realized they'd left their fathers gun."

She finished her s'more before leaning in. "They knew they had to go back for it. But none of them wanted to go. Finally, the oldest gave in and went back up the mountain. The others waited for him, for hours, but he didn't come back. They weren't that far from a clearing, one that let them see up the mountain. So they snuck over to it, peeking up towards the cabin where their brother had gone." Maisie smiled wickedly. "But, what they saw chilled their blood. There was movement on the roof of the cabin. But it wasn't their brother- it was Harold, laying out a bloody skin to dry." @Savannah Walters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back