Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hey everybody,

HNZ went down for about an hour today for Cyndi and I to edit some permission masks on the board without too much chaos. (An hour is pretty good, for the amount of clicking we had to do. In ten years, when we both have Carpal Tunnel, we'll be sure to remember today on HNZ.)

A common criticism of the board from new and old members alike has been the inability to access roleplays (many of which are their own) whenever they want. You need a certain character with certain permissions to even read certain roleplays.

So, now you can see everything. You've been given permission to view areas your character can't necessarily see themselves, and permission to read the roleplays in them. You won't be able to start topics or reply to topics in forums where your character can't be, however. But now when we highlight plots in the Prefects common room, or the headpeople's lounge, or the Ministry of Magic, anybody who is interested will be able to appreciate them.

The only thing we ask of you is that you try to remember what knowledge you have and what knowledge your character has. (Your Ravenclaw male character has not hear private conversations in the Slytherin Girls Dorm, for instance.) If you're reported roleplaying with information your character doesn't have, we'll have to have a talk. ;)
It should also be noted that you don't have access to Out of Character planning/discussion areas unless you should (OOC Professor discussions, Auror and DE discussion forums, etc. ). It's possible we made a mistake when changing the masks, so if you think you have access to a forum you shouldn't have access to, just poke an admin and we'll check it out.

Otherwise, we hope you enjoy having access to the fullness of HNZ's roleplays year-round!

This is one of the changes we planned to happen in time for HNZ's Birthday Celebrations. After seven years of the same restrictions, this is a pretty big leap - so let us know what you think!

Happy reading,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Definately a pretty good leap!

I've always thought this would be a good idea. Great to see it in place! Thanks, guys!

I like the idea... Only... Now I get alittle confused. I mean I like seeing other role plays, but meh never mind.

This idea is brilliant!
I've always wanted to know where the Ravenclaw common room is and what roleplays are in there. :lol:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back