Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Unyielding Dogwood Wand with Veela Hair Core
The Electives Fair had been such a huge part of the second semester for quite a while now, and Justin had been intrigued when Professor Kingsley had set up on the Courtyard last year so he was doing the same this year. It was hardly the first that he had attended, but it was the first one that he would be attending as the Ravenclaw Head of House so he would need to have a much more active role this time around.

Just as he had finished getting everything ready, the other professors had arrived and he smiled to them all in turn. Taking his seat at a Ravenclaw booth, he wondered if the students would come to him personally or if they would go to the electives professors. He didn't mind either way, as long as they all found the information they needed to choose their electives.

Professor Kingsley taught an elective that some of her Gryffindors might be interested in, so she had double duty to perform today. She'd left a note on each second year's pillow about a week ago outlining what this fair was about, and she'd posted on the common room's board the night before, so she expected to see some of the cubs. She knew that some of them preferred the one-on-one attention, so she didn't expect to see all of the cubs. She certainly expected to see some of them though.

Nodding her head to Professor Cliffeton, Cyndi made her way to the Ancient Runes table. She left half of it for Kahurangi if she chose to attend, and busied herself with decorating the other half of the table. It didn't take long, and she sat down after she'd pulled her own rune bag out of her pocket. She always liked to keep from getting rusty with her readings, so if a student asked, she'd certainly be willing to do a reading for them.

Kennedy hadn't been able to make the last electives fair so her fellow Divination colleague had covered their table for the both of them. This time she was going to return the favor so the Frenchman could catch up on his sleep as he never seemed to get enough. She knew it was especially crucial for her to be here of the two of them because she taught the younger years so she would be able to answer any questions about the introductory lessons with more precision than Professor Louise as she was in charge of that curriculum.

Kennedy arrived early to set up the Divination table, smiling in greeting at the professors there already and began to pull out her tarot decks and setting a crystal ball on the table. She conjured up some cups and saucers and began to brew some tea, not just as a refreshment but just in case someone wanted a tea leaf reading demonstration. She didn't know if the other Divination professor would show up or not but she took the liberty of bringing out some birth star charts and some pamphlets that showed some basic palm readings for the students. Once she had finished stacking up all the other colored pamphlets on the table which contained information on dream cycles and other topics, she stood behind the table, ready for the students. She knew many people did not take Divination seriously as a subject so today she hoped to change some minds and get more students interested.

A week ago Merrill, along with all the other Gryffindor 2nd years, had received a note on her pillow telling her about the upcoming electives fair. They were supposed to be choosing what classes they would be taking next year. The young girl thought it was rather intimidating. The classes they chose now would affect what jobs they could do in the future, and she didn't know what she wanted to do. She just knew it wasn't hunt werewolves. So on the day of the fair Merrill marched down to the court yard with the rest of her classmates, and tried to walk around, and see what looked interesting. Merrill decided the best person to talk to would be her Head of House. She hadn't talked much to Professor Kingsley yet, but Merrill felt like she could trust her. "Good morning, Professor." Merrill greated her as she walked up to her booth. The Professor taught ancient runes, which looked pretty cool. "I'm not really sure what classes I should take. Maybe you could help me? I haven't really got many career paths in mind. I'm fairy good at potions, and herbology though." Merrill rambled out nervously. She knew she would be taking those two courses the whole time. Solomon would never forgive her if she didn't. "Can your runes show me what I should do?" The witch asked.

Evelyn Manning was excited for the Electives Fair. She got a note on her pillow from Professor Kingsley and if there was one thing were Evelyn thought about was her future. The problem wasn't that she didn't knew what do to. A problem could be that Evelyn had so many dreams for her future. One was to become famous at least with something. She had a passion for fashion so becoming a model or a owner of a brand would be fun, but there were more things that were a option for her. The blonde wanted to choose the right classes, because it would have effect on her future. She heard about some classes and a class like care of magical creatures was nothing for her, so that made the choice more easier. When she came at the Courtyard she looked around. There was also a choice of one to one attention, and Evelyn wanted to make use of it if this didn't succeeded. She walked next to table and noticed Professor Kingsley and her roommate Merrill. Ancient runes, what was that all about? the blonde thought. She choose to ask, because she had really no idea. '' Hello Professor Kingsley.'' the blonde said with a bright smile to her head of house. She never had spoken much with her and had no idea how she would actually be, but after she found out that she was Noah's mom, she wanted to find out. ''I have no idea what to choose. What can Ancient Runes bring me, and what will I learn?'' How could a stone be interesting, Evelyn wondered. The blonde had always a idea of something and she wasn't always right. So she tried to not think negative before she even knew what it was. The blonde smiled at Merill, she was waiting for some information too Evelyn figured.

Professor Kingsley greeted the young girl who made her way to the table. She recognized her from Gryffindor, but her name wasn’t something the woman would readily know. She’d never been great with names. Smiling in the hopes of easing the young girl’s nerves, the woman shook her bag in the hopes of giving her some assistance. “Well let’s see what they say” she replied as another young girl approached the table. The woman held up one finger, asking the other girl to wait while she helped the first. She pulled out a single rune and lay it flat on the table. “The runes are meant to give you an insight to what’s happening within you and around you, but they are more of a guide than anything else” she began, informing the second girl as well. “I’ll do a one rune draw in the interest of time, but there are other draws that would be more helpful. This is Othila. This rune signifies our connection to our family’s values, our belongings, and our past. Is there a job that many members of your family have? If so, that might be a good place for you to start your search for what you want to do. I hope that helps” she finished, placing the rune back in the bag.

“So that’s an example of what you can learn” she answered the other girl. There was nothing like a demonstration to answer the question. “I also teach the history and help you make your own rune set before you move on and learn how to do readings on your own.”

As Merrill was talking to Professor Kingsley one of her roommates, Evelyn, came up, and began talking. Merrill returned Evelyn's smile quickly, but turned her focus back to Professor Kingsley. As the professor explained what the rune meant Merrill's stomach dropped, and she was sure she grew a shade paler. Did this really mean she would end up following in her parents footsteps? It couldn't. Merrill hated the endless, camping, and tracking, moving from country to country. She hadn't been included in any of the violence yet, but the thought of it made her sick. There's still hope. Professor Kingsley said they're a guide. I don't have to follow them. Merrill tried to tell herself, but it was less comforting then she would have hoped. Merrill could feel her eyes start to well up. The last thing she wanted to do was start crying. People would begin to ask questions, and if they did her parents would pull her out of school for sure. "T-thank-you, Professor. I just realized I forgot to feed my pygmy puff. I have to go." Merrill blurted out. She gave Evelyn a quick bye before running out of the court yard, and away from the bulk of people. The young girl needed a few minutes to breath before she could go, and talk to the other Professors.

Amber felt nervous as she entered the courtyard for the Electives Fair. It was hard to believe it was already almost time to pick her electives, she didn't feel ready in the slightest. It was a little stressful for her, especially because she didn't know at all what she wanted to do later. Maybe something like her parents did, with a clothing store, but what if she changed her mind later? What if she realized her true passion when she was sixteen or maybe even after graduating and didn't take the electives she needed? The thought alone was enough to keep her up at night.

Even though she felt anxious, she kept her chipper exterior in place. It wouldn't do any good to look scared or worried, and she might as well keep smiling. There was a professor she recognized from last Valentine's day, she had delivered her a rose. "Hello professor Pratt." She said as she approached her table. "I'm curious what Divination is like and what you can do with it, could you give me some information?" There were so many electives, but she might as well start with this one. She already knew she wouldn't want to take Care of Magical Creatures or Muggle studies. The first because she didn't like being around animals, and the second because she already knew quite a bit about muggles from her aunt and grandparents. It'd feel like cheating a little bit. Besides, she liked learning new things. If Divination was a good subject, it might help her feel more at ease all the time. If you knew the future, you wouldn't have to worry. Right?

Louisa wasn't sure why she'd come here today. Perhaps because she'd made the mistake of mentioning that she'd be picking classes to her mother, who was very enthusiastic about the idea. Louisa wasn't enthusiastic in the least. When she entered the courtyard she almost immediately felt it was a mistake. She strolled around for a bit, watching other students interact with the teachers. She couldn't find the Herbology teacher, and that was the one she was looking for. She hadn't done well in Herbology this year, and she actually liked that subject. Would she be able to keep it on? Seeing a Professor who looked familiar, she started heading toward her, but another girl was already at the stand, so she diverted to the divination table. "Hi." It was apparent that the twelve year old had no interest in the subject, but maybe this woman could answer her questions. "Professor? Pratt? Or Pratsky? I'm sorry, I've never had you. Okay, so I'm not really into divination. I think I want to do Care of Magical Creatures, but can you tell me if that's right or not, because divination is the future right? So you can tell me if I'm right?" Okay, so the professor definitely thought she was an idiot now, but she'd just have to roll with it.

Kennedy had just finished setting up her table and stood back to watch students come and go, mostly to her fellow colleagues who were more experienced in the areas of recruitment. The Divination professor decided to brew herself a cup of tea as she waited and as soon as she had finished and took her first sip, a student had approached her. "Hi there," she said warmly, remembering her as the student who had delivered Eduardo's rose to her last month. "Certainly," she replied to the girl's request for more information, but suddenly another student approached her. Kennedy gently corrected the girl of her last name but chuckled nonetheless over her comment about Divination. She knew it wasn't a subject many took seriously but she was glad to be of any sort of assistance regardless and hopefully she could get the girl to change her mind if she found her advice useful.

Kennedy turned back to the first girl and said, "How about a demonstration to help answer both of your questions?" She picked up a tattered set of tarot cards, clearly her favorite method of Divination as the cards were so worn, and held them out to the dark haired girl. "The cards work best if they have your energy, so give them a shuffle," she encouraged as she handed them over and let the girl shuffle the cards as many times as she liked.* Once she was given the deck back, Kennedy pulled out a single card - The Magician. Kennedy smiled down at the card, one of her favorites, and looked back up at the Slytherin. "You already know exactly what you want, and this card is telling you not to shy away from it and believe in yourself, so go for it!" she interpreted. "Though I should say I did not need these cards to encourage you to take Care of Magical Creatures if that is what you really want to do," she added with a smile.

Kennedy addressed both the girls though she was mainly answering the Hufflepuff's question. "Divination is a way to see into the future. The images or things you may see may not necessarily mean they are destined to come true; some act as a warning or guidance to lead you in a different direction," she shrugged. "Each method is different and with practice you will find which works best for you personally," she gestured towards the tea, crystal ball, and palm reading pamphlets. "Not everyone enjoys Divination because it requires deeper thinking, seeing beyond what's presented to you in text but that's the beauty of it. You get to challenge yourself to think past the limitations of what magic presents us now, and there is really no wrong answer to your own interpretations of what you see," Kennedy explained, sighing a little and clasping her hands happily as she finished her spiel.

*[I hope this slight god-mod is okay]

Jon always enjoyed the electives fair, and made a point of showing up to help out and create interest in Muggle studies despite the fact he taught the older years of the subject. He thought that learning about the way Muggles lived was important to many different careers, as well as important for magical folk to have an open mind. The subject was mundane compared to others, but Jon enjoyed teaching it all the same and hoped that attending the electives fair and talking to second years would mean he would see them during later years. He walked into the courtyard and began to set up the small leaflets he had brought. They weren't as cohesive and detailed as he assumed Sloane's would be, but he did not want to show up empty handed nor without proof that the OWL and NEWT levels of Muggle studies were just as interesting as the younger years. After setting up he clasped his hands behind his back and smiled wide at every student that walked past, hoping some of them would be interested in the subject.

The professor did a demonstration to answer a question of another girl Amber didn't know. She thought she was in her year though, and gave her a friendly smile.

The demonstration was very impressive to Amber, and she sort of wished she had asked a question so she could have gotten a reading herself. "Will we learn that?" Amber asked eagerly. "And the crystal ball, and all the other things?" She heard the professor say not everyone liked Divination but that seemed silly to Amber. If you could tell the future for other people, you could help them a lot! That sounded like something she wanted to do. "I think I'm taking this class, thank you Professor! Now I just need to decide what else I'd like to do."

Evelyn listened when Kingsley began to speak. Her eyebrows went a bit up when she got the finger from Kingsley, but she was glad that she could have the attention too. The runes sounded not really something for Evelyn so that was another to cross from the list. '' Thank you Professor Kingsley.'' Evelyn had already a feeling what she would pick after the advise she got from Kingsley just before going here. But Evelyn tried to be open for all the options, except care of magical creatures ofcourse that was just a big NO. The blonde looked a bit strange when suddenly Merrill was walking away. She doubted if she should go after her, but she was here for herself and perhaps Merrill was feeling sick?

The blonde decided to look at Muggle studies, she was facanated by the fashion of them and perhaps it could help her making her dream come true. When she came at the table with Muggle studies she saw a handsome professor that she didn't saw before. '' Excuses me, I think I would like Muggle studies, because I love the fashion they have there! '' Evelyn smiled at the man, she didn't really thought that he knew anything from fashion but that wasn't why she was here. '' Could you tell me a bit more about what I will be learning and which future jobs are possible?'' Evelyn almost certain knew she was gonna choose this subject, but a bit more information wasn't so bad?

Jon smiled even wider when a student approached his table. She seemed confident and sure of herself. He was happy that at least one person had shown interest in Muggle studies, and he was determined to give this girl all the information she needed. Fashion had never been Jon's strong suit, but he did know a little about the fashion industry from Sam and Charlotte so he wasn't completely clueless on the subject. He leant forward slightly as he began to answer the girl's questions. "I teach years five to seven of Muggle studies, so I can't tell you much about what you will be studying next year, but I do have a few flyers about what is required in the NEWT and OWL levels." As he said this, he handed the girl one of the flyers. "Since you like Muggle fashion, I can tell you that Fifth year is focused around Muggle film and television. Though it doesn't seem useful, you will learn about fashion during different times in Muggle history, and you will be able to see what different costumes in films are like." He paused to take a breath, before continuing. "Sixth year Muggle studies is focused around things such as pop culture, so you will be able to study different trends and the way things can become popular in the Muggle world."

His words were a mouthful to say the least, but he only paused for a moment before continuing to speak, hoping the girl was still interested in the subject and paying attention. "Seventh year muggle studies is mostly focused around different field trips, and one of these trips requires students to walk around a fashion district in a Muggle city and purchase clothing items that are trendy. This is probably the most fashion specific lesson we have, but I can always try to include more things involving Muggle fashion if the class shows more interest in it." He said. "Now as for careers, Muggle studies would definitely be useful in fashion if that is something you would like to pursue. Depending on the books you choose to read and the homework tasks you complete in the later years, you could have a very in depth and accurate understanding of the way Muggles can think, and things such as marketing methods, which would be useful in Fashion." Jon then paused again so he could take a breath. "Sorry if that's a lot of information for you to take in." He added, chuckling as he waited for the girl to respond.

Flavio had no idea about the electives he wanted to take, so he was overwhelmed upon arriving to the electives fair. Each of the subjects seemed interesting in their own way and important for different careers, and on top of that, the professors were intimidating. He wasn't familiar with most of them and did not know if they would be nice enough to give him any advice. Flavio did not want to bother anyone so he was glad when he saw Amber from across the room. He knew that she might have an idea of what electives she wanted to take, and talking to a friend that was less clueless than he was had the chance of helping him figure out what electives he should choose. He approached his friend and smiled. "Hello Amber!" He greeted. "Do you know what electives you will choose?" He then asked as he buried his hands in his pockets, attempting to hide how intimidated and overwhelmed he was with so many different options and professors he had never seen before.

The blonde was glad to see that she got the full attention from the Professor and smiled when he looked at her. Evelyn listened very carefully to what was told to her, because she thought of her future as very important and by asking Professors what they could expect she could get answers. The Gryffindor wasn't afraid of talking to people, she just liked it so meeting a new Professor was just very nice. She nodded when the Professor who she unfortunally didn't got until her fifth year, told her what she wanted to hear. She took the flyer from him and looked at it for a moment and continued to listen to him again. It was a lot of information, so Evelyn had to blink a few times with her eyes but she loved the attention that she got right now, so she had nothing to complain. As the Professor was ending his story, Evelyn her smile became bigger. This was exactly what she needed, this information and they could be shopping in her seventh year! She almost wanted to jump in the air from happiness. She let the Professor talk, so that she wouldn't interupt him in his story. '' Well, a lot of useful information. Thank you so much Professor.. uh what is your name?'' The blonde asked straight away, she wanted to thank the man for his time.

'' My name is Evelyn Manning by the way, I've spoke with Professor Kingsley about my future, and she also said that Muggle Studies would be a right choice. And after hearing your information, I am certain that I will choose Muggle Studies.'' The blonde said friendly to the man. Kingsley was right of Muggle studies, but the blonde was curious what her dad thought of this choice. Her mother would approve everything that she did so that was obvious but her father liked the Muggle world also, but for a future for Evelyn, she didn't knew what he was gonna say. '' It's a pity I have to wait until fifth year, to get lecture from you Professor. But I'm sure the other Professor would do fine too.'' Evelyn was always honest and she liked this Professor for sure, but Misha was still her number one Professor for now.

Amber walked away from the Divination table and looked around for other subjects. She had no clue where to go next, but then she heard her name called. She looked up to see Flavio, and smiled at him. "Hi Flavio!" She greeted eagerly. "I don't really know for sure yet! I think I'll get Divination but I want to take at least two. What about you?" She asked curiously.

Flavio nodded when Amber answered his question. He still had no idea of the electives he wanted to take, but figured that he may as well look into divination, since Amber seemed interested in it. "I do not know what I want to choose. I might try divination so we can be in the same class. I know that you won't make me do your homework, so it should be fun." He joked, smiling at his friend. He then looked over her shoulder to where he assumed the divination professor was. She didn't look as intimidating as the other professors and he suddenly felt more comfortable with the idea of talking to her. "I'm going to go ask about divination, now. I will see you later okay!" Flavio said over his shoulder after stepping to approach the table where the divination professor was. He smiled up at the professor as he spoke. "Hello. My name is Flavio. I do not know what electives I would like to take yet, but I think that I would like to help people. Is divination a good subject to help others?" He asked.

Tess walked into the great hall and strode over to the only professor she recognized: Professor Phillips. She smiled and said, "Hello." Maybe if she agreed to take Muggle Studies she would get the wifi that she so desired so after greeting him she let him speak to the girl that Tess barely recognized, only half listening because she felt as if she knew more than either would because her whole life until Hogwarts was completely muggle. After the girl had finished speaking Tess smiled and said, "So um.. if I take your class can I get internet then? I don't like Professor Stark at all but I'll suffer her if I can it." She was maybe being a little too honest but perhaps that would earn her some extra points with him because she really did miss all that the internet provided.

Kennedy chuckled as the Hufflepuff seemed impressed and eager to learn more about Divination. Before she could explain anything more to the girl, she saw her leave the table and come back with a friend. Kennedy was so pleased that more people were interested in Divination even though she felt the pressure to keep their interest and attention. This kind of pressure was exactly what she needed to push her to be a better teacher though, and Kennedy was up to the challenge. Kennedy smiled at the young boy and said, "Hi Flavio," and then pondered his question for a moment. She decided to preface his question by explaining what they would learn as it answered the girl's question she had asked moments before she had gone for her friend. "I teach tea leaf reading and crystal ball scrying, and in fourth year you'll learn about tarot cards," she explained. "Professor Louise teaches the higher levels which deal with palmistry, dream cycles, and astrology, all very interesting stuff," she assured. "All of these methods can help you make decisions or avoid certain risks. What you See is the future in various ways, but may not always come true, as you can change the outcome if you become skilled enough to See things quickly enough to take action. So you can certainly help others with Divination," she answered in a roundabout way, smiling warmly at the young boy. Most of the time though people didn't recognize the symbols for what they truly meant which meant whatever the image was trying to tell them about the future always ended up coming true, but Kennedy kept that to herself, as she wanted them to be optimistic about Divination. If they went into the subject with a willing and open mind, their interpretations could come much easier for them.

Jon was relieved when the girl seemed to have listened to everything he said. It was more word vomit on his part than anything in an attempt to make her interested in Muggle studies. He was glad it seemed to work and somehow smiled more at the girl's added enthusiasm when she thanked him. "You're welcome. You're technically supposed to call me Professor Phillips, but I'm cool with students calling me Jon." He answered. "It's nice to meet you, Evelyn, and I'm glad you've decided to choose Muggle studies!" He nearly clapped his hands together excitedly at the fact he had convinced at least one student to take his subject. Though he refrained from showing his excitement to seem more professional. "The other professor is just as passionate as I am, so you don't need to worry about a thing. In the meantime, you can always see me in my office if you need help with homework. I'm not as familiar with the third and fourth year curriculum as I am with my own, but I'm sure I can help if you need it." He said.

Jon was about to continue speaking to Evelyn when an all too familiar head of curly brown hair approached the table. He smiled politely at Tesla, surprised that she greeted him first before mentioning the wifi. He immediately returned the formality before answering her question. "Hello. The school still doesn't have any wifi, taking Muggle studies won't change that. But if you take Muggle studies it would be an easy O, considering you know enough about the Muggle world to know that the internet exists, and how to use it." He said. "You can take one of my flyers if you want to learn more about the NEWT and OWL levels of Muggle studies." He then offered as he held out a flyer to the girl. He was unsure of how else to handle the situation so he hoped this would be enough to get her to finally realize the school did not have wifi access.

At first Clementine had been really glad for something like the Electives Fair to be hosted because she had no idea what she wanted to do in the future. No one had ever asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, so she was feeling a bit nervous for what classes to take, since she didn't know what career path to take. It just seemed like such a huge decision for a twelve year old to make so she was feeling a bit overwhelmed. She showed up to the fair and looked around at the different tables and professors. She wished she could ask her oldest sister for advice but she saw a crowd of students around her so she didn't want to bother her. The Hufflepuff felt even more lost as she couldn't find her head of house and the idea of wandering around the fair aimlessly as the professors asked her what she wanted to do with her life terrified her. Clementine usually hid her feelings very well beneath her bubbly personality, but something like this was out of her realm and she could feel her lower lip trembling as she fought back the sudden urge to cry so she quickly turned around and ran back the opposite way.

Evangeline had some idea's of her future, but she wasn't sure which Elective she should choose. She wanted to follow one, and when she arrived at the Fair she looked around if she saw something that got her interest. Evangeline was quite the observer so she knew stuff and people's names and she saw Professor Kingsley from Gryffindor standing behind a table. As she came closer she saw Ancient Runes and Evangeline frowned for a moment, what could this be for interesting thingy? The Slytherin looked at the Professor with nothing of a smile and asked some things. '' What does Ancient Runes bring me Professor? I'm interested in a future on the Ministry of Magic. I've read many books about the Ministry, but is Ancient Runes a good choice than?'' Evangeline didn't bothered to introduce herself, she just wanted to get the information that she needed and than get the hell out of this Elective Fair, too happy and too enthiosastic Professors for her taste. The brown haired waited for a response and looked at the things that lay on the table.

The professor took a moment to look the student over before beginning her reply. "Yes, it's good for Ministry jobs where you might come across runes. For instance, you'd need it for the departments of Magical Equipment Control or the Trading Standards Body because runes are sometimes used to enhance the properties of magical items. It's also necessary for work with the Muggle Worthy Excuse Committee and if you're interested in international magical law" she replied easily. She knew which career options required a grade in Ancient Runes. "So, it depends what you plan on doing in the Ministry."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back