DA meeting two

Sam gave an evil smile, remembering a particular time when a man had to tried to mug her in downtown London. She had been grabbed, on the right arm, but had immediately spun around and kicked him...well, I think it's quite obvious where she kicked him. And instead of running, she had stood above the panting, sobbing man, and pointed at him, chewing him out, saying things like "You should be ashamed of yourself!" or perhaps "What would your MOTHER think?!"
Her smirk broadened.

Courtney heard a twig snap behind a tree to her right. "Guys, I don't think we are alone here." She turned around and slowly walked up to the tree, only to find Bruin spying on them. "Bruin? What are you doing? Snooping around the forest by yourself isn't always the best idea you know! And now that you're here you might as well join us." She stood with her arms crossed, she was not going to let him run back to the castle and would drag him over to the others if need be.

"Who says I'm alone?", Bruin replied calmly, a mischievious twinkle in his eye revealing itself

Courtney grinned. "I don't care whether you are alone or not. I mean, bring whoever you happen to be with over to where the others are standing so we can carry on with our meeting. Plus, it would be very beneficial to have a guy's perspective."

"I, um, overheard what you ladies were discussing and quite frankly, me and my, um, perspective won't be going anywhere near your meeting...", Bruin said, not wanting to be rude, but also not getting himself anywhere near this action. Courtney had already been involved in the seperation of Bruin's shoulder in the Dueling Chamber and that was the limit of the bodily injury he would sustain at her hands, knees, feet or anything else for that matter.

Bruin was tentative to respond. This was not going as he had planned, but then things rarely did when the Brotherhood was involved. Bruin gave Kiera and wide smile, cupped his hands over his mouth and made a wild bird-like call... "CA-CAHH CA-CAHH" and waited for the cavalry to arrive.

It was a normal night in the brotherhood, earlier that morning the boys heard that Courtney and the girls had some secret idea planned and the members of the brotherhood knew that they had to see what was in store. Kale followed behind Bruin most of the way in the forest and they spread out a few yards each, hoping that Ford was someplace close he climbed up a branch of a tree where he can oversee the girls and now Bruin who came out of the bushes.

Kale watched as they talked and when Bruin finally gave them the 'bird call', he swung out of the tree hanging by only two legs, dangling his arms underneath himself. "Why hello girliessss!" he said with a lisp, "What brings you to this neck of the woods?" he couldn't keep a straight face and ended up stumbling out of the tree...falling straight to his back & letting out a monstrous belly laugh in the process.

Ford was standing inside a rather large bush, trying to remember why he had agreed to come out here and stand in the forest for the longest time. He stoically flicked a large spider off his shoulder and looked up at Kale in a nearby tree, grinning madly. He sighed to himself, It might have had something to do with a butterbeer, he considered, Or a free book. Either one would have gotten Ford out here; a personality failing that he was regretting.

At Bruin's call, Ford watched Kale's glorious entrance, and decided for a simpler approach. With all the stealth that he had learned sneaking around armed guards in an Embassy had taught him as a child, he stepped out of the bush in to plain sight, noiselessly.

Courtney fell to the ground laughing as the other two boys popped out of the bush. "Well girls, look what we have here. Seems to me like we have some secret admirers. Not so secret anymore though, eh?" Turning to Bruin, she added, "Well Bruin, it looks like you didn't come to join in the fun. I suggest you bring more than those two if you plan on sabotaging any of our other meetings."

Estrella wandered into the Forbidden Forest, as always, late. She came upon the other members of the DA, and she walked up tentatively. "Hey guys, mind if I join?" she said with a grin, her expression hopeful.

Kale watched as Ford simply stepped out of the bush, he rolled his eyes and let out a sigh, "Noo fun!" he whispered jokingly.

Looking toward Courtney, she didn't look very pleased for them three to be there. He couldn't help but wait for Bruin to give her a witty comeback about them attempting to sabatage their meeting. He stood goofily and simply watched the other girls reactions.

Bruin looked at Courtney, sadness and hurt reflected in his eyes as he reached into his muggle bag and pulled out a small Muggle music player... "Sabotage, sabotage..." Bruin muttered to himself as he fiddled with his equipment. "Ah, here it is...."

The player roared to life with a heavy bass line and Bruin did his best Beastie Boy imitation to the '90's classic of the same name ...

I Can't Stand It I Know You Planned It
I'm Gonna Set It Straight, This Watergate
I Can't Stand Rocking When I'm In Here
Because Your Crystal Ball Ain't So Crystal Clear
So While You Sit Back and Wonder Why
I Got This funny Thorn In My Side
Oh My, It's A Mirage
I'm Tellin' Y'all It's Sabotage

So Listen Up 'Cause You Can't Say Nothin'
You'll Shut Me Down With A Push Of Your Button?
But Yo I'm Out And I'm Gone
I'll Tell You Now I Keep It On And On

'Cause What You See You Might Not Get
And We Can Bet So Don't You Get Souped Yet
You're Scheming On A Thing That's A Mirage
I'm Trying To Tell You Now It's Sabotage

Bruin let the music fade and turned to Courtney and the stunned girls, obviously in awe of his mad skillz on the mike. "Now, this ain't no sabotage Courts... This here is a training session...try and keep the spells within reason, eh ladies!" And with that, Bruin pulled out his wand, leveled it at Courtney and yelled "Stupefy!"

"Of course you can join Estrella!" Before she could say anything else, Courtney's attention was turned to Bruin. She stared at him as he took out his musical contraption and belted out quite an appropriate number. What is he doing?, Courtney thought to herself as she looked around at the other girls with a blank expression.

As soon as Bruin was finished, Courtney saw a spell hurling in her direction. "Are you insane?" She screamed as she jumped out of the way and ran to the left. She took a few moments to catch her breath then aimed her wand in Kale's direction. "If you guys want to play dirty, so be it! Incarcerous!"

Ford sneered plainly, his version of a smile, as Bruin started playing music. He wasn't familiar with the song but proceeded to do a little white man dance. But for him, that was merely bobbing his head ever so slightly. When Bruin shot off a stupefy, Ford's eyes widened, "I thought you said there would be butterbeer here," he stated dryly, "Not dueling practice." He lazily pulled out his wand, "Protego totalum." He incanted in a laissez-faire monotone, but didn't cast any more.

Kale was in complete awe of the strange device that was removed from Bruin's pocket. His eyes wide almost like a little kid in a candy shop, his singing made him roll on the floor laughing. "...What is that...thing?" Kale asked quietly, not looking for an answer.

As Bruin's spell shot toward Courtney, he began to laugh even harder...and immediately stopped when she pointed her wand toward him. Patting his coats deep pocket he removed his wand and ducked. For the first time in his life...he dodged a spell! "Rictusempra!"

((Sorry...I always get hit by the spells, for once I thought I'd get a break. lolz))

Bruin smiled at Courtney and replied calmly, "Yes, certifiably insane actually!" he yelled as Kale sent a spell back in her direction.

Bruin uttered Protego Totalum and decided to see what would happen. Would cooler heads prevail or would it be a mad free for all???

As soon as he saw Bruin and Ford put up their sheilds, Kale followed their leads and gave the girls a nee ner nee ner face. "Protego Totalum!"

"Protego!" Courtney called, blocking Kale's spell. She decided to take no further actions against the others, as she did not want to get the club into trouble.

Bruin surveyed the situation, a bunch of students with good shield spells around them. "I think Professor King would be proud. Here we are practicing good defensive magic. Courtney, nice job at being prepared for a sneak attack. I will give you high grades when I enter my report. So, what's new all?" Bruin stated as if nothing had happened.

"Enter your report? What are you talking about?" Courtney had a strange expression on her face as she looked at Bruin, she wasn't exactly sure what to think. "Well, now are you guys going to come join us? You might as well, now that you have finished your initial attack."

"Also, I'm glad you envy my skills at being prepared for sneak attacks," Courtney added, winking at the three silly boys with shield spells.

Bruin wasn't sure how the other brothers felt about joing the DA's meeting, but was game himself. "Well, firstly the report thing is classified, so, um, sorry, but I can't say..." he said in an official, yet sarcastic tone.

"As for your skills, I believe I said nice job, not that I envy them... the three of us are all former boy scouts, so we are always prepared..." Bruin added with a smile.

"So, aside from practicing shots to the nether regions, what else do you ladies do at these little get-togethers?" Bruin inquired.

(((I would simply like to state that Protego Totalum is NOT a spell you should all know... I only taught about five or so people. It's not on the list of spells that second years should yet know either... Just putting that out there... )))

((Which is the exact reason why I 'copied' what Ford & Bruin did. Kale is a follower. :oy: lol))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back