DA meeting two

(The Beastie Boys taught it to me!!!)

((Anyone with the nickname of 'Nicky Poo' is not really that threatening, though. :p))

(but what is he saying...we learned protego, but not protego totalum??? And really, wasn't I one of the five who learned it anyways??? I haven't been pwned by anyone, ever... at least not to my knowledge)

((Actually, I believe Professor King was wrong in his beliefs of what Protego Totalum actually does. We as the reader never find out precisely, but we see Hermione use it to secure encampments. I suppose one could deduce a meaning from it, however the earliest usage is seen by Hermione in Deathly Hallows, so my assumption would be that it is to advanced for any second year, despite having been taught. But those are simply my thoughts.))

Sophia had been walking on the grounds, heading toward the rock she and Ford had spent so much time at, when she heard some shouts. She walked toward the source of the noise to find a gathering of people, Ford quite surprisingly among them. "Ford? What are you doing?" she asked coldly as she walked swiftly over to him.

Kale Thomas said:
((Which is the exact reason why I 'copied' what Ford & Bruin did. Kale is a follower. :oy: lol))
(((I am not so sure it is something you see and copy. Or get right the first time.)))

Sophia Stark said:
((Actually, I believe Professor King was wrong in his beliefs of what Protego Totalum actually does. We as the reader never find out precisely, but we see Hermione use it to secure encampments. I suppose one could deduce a meaning from it, however the earliest usage is seen by Hermione in Deathly Hallows, so my assumption would be that it is to advanced for any second year, despite having been taught. But those are simply my thoughts.))
(((ya, well I realize dthat and by the time I did, it was too late, sorry, )))

Ford looked over at Sophia as she addressed him, "I'm not entirely certain," he stated unemotionally, "I was promised butterbeer. But it is becoming increasingly evident that there is none here," he continued, the slightest bit of self-deprecation creeping into his voice as he lowered it so only Sophia could hear.

(I've always interpreted it as being capable of preventing other spells from entering an area surrounding the individual caster, but I see your point. Can I still use Protego though as a pretty good 2nd year student? No sarcasm, just looking for an honest opinion)

Bruin Dumbledez said:
(The Beastie Boys taught it to me!!!)
(((You were one of the five or so taught it :p(but it was never tyyped, it was assumed, as u joined the Rp late :D ) )))

"Ah Ford, quit bellyaching about your butterbeer for crying out loud...", Bruin muttered as he reached into his muggle bag and tossed Ford and Kale each a bottle. Bruin turned to Courtney and the others with an apologetic look. "Like I said, us boy scouts come prepared..." Bruin added as he cracked the last of the bottles and took a swig.

Courtney raised an eyebrow at Ford. "Butterbeer? Ford, at least think of something that could be remotely true. But butterbeer in the forest?"

Once she saw that Bruin had indeed brought butterbeer, she sighed. "You guys come, attack us, and then don't bring us butterbeer? Come on Bruin, one of those has my name on it!"

Bruin Dumbledez said:
(I've always interpreted it as being capable of preventing other spells from entering an area surrounding the individual caster, but I see your point.  Can I still use Protego though as a pretty good 2nd year student?  No sarcasm, just looking for an honest opinion)
((The first time Protego is seen is by Harry in Goblet of Fire, and actually the Weasley twins once say that many adult wizards cannot properly cast Protego. Although there is no evidence of how truthful that statement is.

I do believe, however, that it was covered in Defense Against the Dark Arts in the first or second year on this site, making it legitimate.))

Sophia's cold stared hardened as she heard attack us. "What?" she asked in disbelief as she looked toward Courtney. They attacked you?" She turned her gaze to Ford, glaring at him.

Sophia Stark said:
Bruin Dumbledez said:
(I've always interpreted it as being capable of preventing other spells from entering an area surrounding the individual caster, but I see your point.  Can I still use Protego though as a pretty good 2nd year student?  No sarcasm, just looking for an honest opinion)
((The first time Protego is seen is by Harry in Goblet of Fire, and actually the Weasley twins once say that many adult wizards cannot properly cast Protego. Although there is no evidence of how truthful that statement is.

I do believe, however, that it was covered in Defense Against the Dark Arts in the first or second year on this site, making it legitimate.))

((And my post is under edit due to posts made while I was in the process of typing.))
(((YES, YES, YES, I get it. O well. Most adult wizards have problems with patronus' but the WHOLE DA get it Year Five. JKR is always screwing around with such things. Also, what the students know hass been approved by alicia and at this point in the Game it'd be silly to change it.)))

Courtney looked at Sophia and nodded. "I do believe the first spell that was cast in my direction was stupefy."

She held out her hand towards Bruin, waiting for her portion of butterbeer.

"Sorry Courtney...I didn't want to be loaded down, so I only brought one for each of us." Bruin replied as he pointed to Kale and Ford. "Had I known that there were so many of you I certainly would have brought a case." Bruin took another swig. "And it wasn't really an attack..." Bruin replied looking from Sophia to Courtney. "More like a little test of the abilities of the DA members to defend themselves when surprised. No one was in any danger."

Bruin passed the remaining half of his bottle to Courtney as a peace offering.

As Bruin fetched the butterbeers out of his bag, Kale got a little twinkle in his eye. "Good one, man!" he said patting his buddy on the back. "How about a bottle opener, Bru?"

When Sophia looked to Ford with the stern face, he couldn't help but let a laugh slip. "No, no...it's not as bad as you think. We were...testing them." he stated in a matter-of-fact like tone.

Ford looked at Sophia in the eyes as the butterbeer flew between them, almost comically, and crashed into a nearby tree. "I didn't cast anything but protego totalum," Ford defended dryly, "Bruin cast stupefy and I followed with a resounding protego totalum."

An almost inaudible whimper escaped Bruin. They had just committed the sin of spilling a drink. Bruin shook his head in a combination of shame and regret in the direction of his two brothers. "Nice catch Ford!" he said sarcastically. "And Kale, these are the twist off ones!"

Sophia's cold gaze whipped over to Kale as she heard his laugh, not even noticing the flying butterbeer "Excuse me? you were testing them?" she said harshly as she walked toward him. "You find this funny?" Sophia stared daggers at Kale, her face inches from his as she stood, looking down at him angrily. Her golden eyes seemed to be glowing slightly.

((You all post far too quickly for me too keep up with tonight.))

" :blink: Oh...." Kale looked down at the bottle in silence and blushed with embarassment. "...I see it now!" he said trying to cover up his 'moment', twisting off the cap and taking a nice long swig. Looking to Courtney he smirked, "Want s--" he was soon cut off as Sophia brought her attention to him. Her seriousness wiped the smirk right off his face and into an emotionless stare. Sophia's attitude didn't scare him but he continued to back away each inch she gained closer to him. "No. Sophia, I do not find this funny. I find the big deal that you're making of the situation funny." he stated in a more smart ass approach then usual.

Courtney pulled in her arm and gave Bruin a dirty look. "You say you've come to test us and that you've come to join us or chat, but all you do is shoot spells in my direction and bring butterbeer for your buddies."

"And if you had not noticed, it was three against one," Courtney added with a half smile. She had also decided to ignore Kale's offer of 'want some?'

Kale Thomas said:
" :blink: Oh...." Kale looked down at the bottle in silence and blushed with embarassment. "...I see it now!" he said trying to cover up his 'moment', twisting off the cap and taking a nice long swig. Looking to Courtney he smirked, "Want some??"
((Way to ignore my post.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back