Club Fair Y29

Alexis grinned when Isabelle remembered her name. She didn't expect for a prefect to remember her names among other Ravenclaws under her guidance. "You remembered me.",she blurted out before she could stop herself. She just smiled sheepishly and nodded when Isabelle asked her whether she wanted to sign up. "Of course. I would love to.", she replied as she picked up the quill and wrote her name.

After she signed up, she looked around the fair. "Do you need any help manning the table? I'm free for the day.",she offered to the pretty brunette.She wanted to go around but at the same time didn't want to leave her prefect alone.

tagging: Isabelle Marie

Phoebe wasn't sure why she went to the club fair. Almost none of the clubs interested her in the slightest. The paper seemed to just be a mean gossip rag, the wild patch was just making flower crowns all day and not actually learning anything about herbology, Heta Omega didn't interest her either, as she preferred to make friends on her own instead of relying on a club that forced them together. She wandered around the Entrance hall, thinking she should probably leave and let the people actually interested talk, when she heard something that made her turn her head. She turned to the older girl with neat braids that had spoken. "Hexing people? Sign me up." She joked, approaching her stand. Some older boy was standing there already, but Phoebe cut through their conversation as she had questions, and questions always came first to her, besides, it seemed like they were flirting and that was just not the right time and place in her mind."This is the club with the dueling tournament, isn't it?" She asked her, hoping she was right. There was something she was interested in, she just hadn't expected it at the club fair as she didn't think she'd seen the club there last year.

"Slow down." Evee begged her sister with a pleading look in her eyes. However Evee was a slave to Elsie's oddly strong grip which dragged her from booth to booth. However once there was mention of a flower crown Evee knew that Elsie would drag her over to the Flower power booth thing. With a grown the platinum blonde followed.

Elsie was stoked beyond belief. There were so many things to look at. Behind her she drug Evee in a tight grip like a vice, not letting the shy blonde back out of the events around the castle. "Come on, well do something we can do together. Don't you like that idea? It'll be fine! Look let's go over here!" She spoke with a wide grin, dragging her sister. She overheard something of a flower crown and was in the vicinity immediately. "Oh! How do we get one of those!" Evee asked loudly for the both of them.

Corrine had been wandering around for a while, looking at all of the tables and listening in. She'd arrived to the Heta Omega table just in time to hear the president talk about it, and a smile crossed her face. Corrine wasn't particularly close to either of her sisters, one was much older and the other much different, so the idea of gaining sisters was appealing. "I want to sign up" she said as soon as she managed to get up front. "What do I do?" she asked. Corrine was a Gryffindor so if there was some kind of feat she needed to perform to get in, she knew she'd do it. If it was a test, she was a little less confident but she'd do that too.

Stella had no intention of coming to the fair. She never attended previous years, so why start not? It wouldn't make any sense too. She only had this year and another year left of school. What could she possibly offer to any club anyways? Had she made the effort to be social, she would've at this point join a club already. While looking for her journal she came across the school's newspaper. It was folded on her desk, the ones from last year. Stella read through them. Reading the newspaper lead her to the club fair. It was packed, already students were gathering around tables, asking questions from old club members. Stella didn't linger much, all the other clubs she had no desire to wonder of her potential in them. She only came for the paper. "Hi, Hogwarts Monthly, right?" Stella gesture to Lennon. She was sure he ran the paper, she looked at the others, offering them a wary uncertain smile. "Probably interested. Maybe..."

Bethany felt like a giddy schoolgirl whenever she laughed at Ari's jokes but she couldn't help it if he was actually funny. She chuckled and said, "Oh so you make it a habit of kissing other people?", a little jealousy slipping out in the form of teasing. She raised her eyebrows in surprise when he said he transferred here from a school all the way across the globe. "Wow Ravenclaw, you must be super smart," she grinned. She couldn't believe the boy from the Three Broomsticks was actually here to stay. "I can't promise other opponents might kiss you but what do you say, you think you'll sign up?" she asked with a smirk.

Before she could say much else to him, another student approached her and Bee grinned happily, feeling very much in her element at the moment. She turned to the dark haired girl and nodded her head enthusiastically when she asked if this was the club that dueled. "Sure is," she replied, then noticed how young the girl looked. "Please tell me you're at least a second year," Bee asked with a chuckle. "First years aren't allowed to participate on account of how little magic they know," she explained.

Some time between making sure he got the boy's information to sign up and Aminia showing up, Sophie showed up to help, which he was grateful for. Lennon was trying to keep busy by straightening a few things on the table as Mini reiterated that she was in fact interested in the paper when Sophie piped up with a comment of her own to Aminia. Lennon chuckled a little nervously and said, "Sophie, it's okay." Really he just didn't want her to scare off any potential new members but he strangely appreciated it. He sighed and looked at Aminia and said, "What makes you so interested in joining?" trying to be cordial despite how she'd literally written him off last year. Thankfully at that moment someone else approached their table and Lennon smiled at the newcomer, nodding his head when she asked if this was the Hogwarts Monthly. "Great!" he answered when she said she was interested. He could tell she was pretty reserved and hesitant about joining so he decided to try and convince her. "The school paper is run by students for students, so you can write about whatever you'd like. A lot of the times it feels like professors try to censor or prohibit us from speaking our minds so this paper is sort of a way to express ourselves," he explained, hoping it was a good enough speech to get her to join. He glanced at Mini once more to see if she was still trying to join and then turned to Sophie to see if she had anything to say to either girl.

Aminia watche Lennon interact as she thought over an answer that was both truthful and also convincing. "Lennon." She started to be sure she had his attention - though she was sure the younger Ravenclaw whom had already badgered her would have something to say about it. "I have not yet experienced a club and I have more creativities than just my dancing. I would like o have a chance to show them..." her voice trailed off and Mini looked at the floor waiting to hear what he would say.

Merrill decided she needed to branch out a little, and actually check out some of the clubs around the school. Heta was cool, but it felt like they weren't actually doing much. For as long as she could read Merrill had been reading anything she could about quidditch. As soon as the daily prophet came her parents already knew to give her the sports section right away, and Merrill wondered if she could write for them someday. She knew Hogwarts had a newspaper, but they hadn't exactly had the best relationship with quidditch. Maybe she could change that. There was already a girl there who looked rather intimidated along with the two people at the booth.
"Hi! I'm interested in joining, but the only thing I think I could write about is Quidditch. Would that be something the paper would be interested in?" Merrill asked. Hopefully Lennon would be open to it as he was the one with the biggest problem with quidditch in the school.

As The Wild Patch club became less about Herbology, gardening or generally much to do with its namesake and more to do with basically just braiding flower crowns with each passing year, the more Solomon wanted to see them fail and be disbanded as a club, in the same manner Academia and Conglomerated Arts had been. How far did it need to go before the school realised that it was no longer the club it used to be, replaced by a group of wannabe hippies born seventy years too late. When their sole method of recruitment was "do you want a flower crown?", he knew they couldn't get any worse. He was bitter, not just at the club, but at the school for not providing any extra curricular activities that met his interests, and leaving silly little girls in charge of the one thing that would have remotely held his interest.

Walking past the hippie club and sparing them a disgusted glance, Solomon scouted the rest of the Entrance Hall in the small chance that something new and halfway decent had popped up tbis year. Alas, nothing had, but the Slytherin caught sight of his best friend at the Hogwarts Monthly booth, overhearing her talking to Lennon. He hadn't known she was interested in writing, and though he couldn't have cared less for reading about Quidditch himself, he approached the table, pretending to be interested in her suggestion. "I would love to read about Quidditch in the paper! That sounds like a really great idea. It would be nice to properly educate people on the sport, wouldn't it?" Merlin, Quidditch was boring as anything, but he sounded as enthusiastic about it as he possibly could for Merrills sake. Maybe if Lennon saw enough interest in it and the fact people might read the paper more, he'd be more open to it. Solomon could only assume it would be a harder sell than most given that the Ravenclaw boy was willing to shamelessly attempt to benefit from the recently deceased to try turn people against it.
<i></i>

As Fleur asked the one older girl questions, another approached. They seemed to be presidents of the club together, which she liked. The older girl's explanation sounded good to her, though she had hoped it was a bit more active in the sexism fighting department, maybe some protests. But she could always suggest that once she was a member. "Sure, I mean, I already have sisters and sometimes wish I didn't but I guess I can adopt a few more." She joked. "How do I join? There's not like a weird initiation right?"

Phoebe was annoyed with the girl for the student defense alliance now, as she seemed to be very distracted by this boy for some reason and then also had the audacity to ask if Phoebe wasn't a first year. Please, she didn't look like a first year! She was clearly older and more experienced, and why on earth would any first year with any sense try to sign up for this club? She crossed her arms and gave her a look. "Yeah because I'm stupid enough to sign up for this with only 'lumos' under my belt." She said sharply. "Of course I'm not a first year, I'm in second year, I'm not stupid." She sighed and shrugged. "So where do I sign up?"

Sophie was honestly a bit proud of the line she had used on the older girl, and she had the feeling Lennon didn't mind it as much even as he old her to bck down in a gentle way. She was trying to be on her best behavior, as she knew the paper needed more people, but it was difficult. Especially because she didn't really want more people there, she quite liked the group they had. Evelyn Manning joining had already left her with a bad taste in her mouth, as the girl didn't really fit in with the others in her opinion. She shrugged and let Lennon and his weird staring girl get to it. He also talked to another girl that wanted to join, well, maybe. Sophie quietly rolled her eyes, why bother to come if you weren't sure? The older ravenclaw girl seemed to have ignored her, which was fine, Sophie just hoped she wouldn't actually join.

Then another girl approached to talk about Quidditch and Sophie wondered how on earth that could be the only one someone could write about. She didn't feel qualified to tell her yes or no as she wasn't sure how their editor felt about it. The entire group was pretty anti-quidditch, or at least disinterested for the most part, but that did alienate a large part of the student body. She eyed he boy that randomly decided to comment on it and finally couldn't keep her thoughts to herself anymore. "Are you interested in joining too or just here to provide running commentary?" She asked him with a small frown.

Lennon snapped his head back when he heard his name being said sharply and listened to Aminia's reasoning. He didn't really know that Mini had any interests in anything other than dance because the girl kept her guard up around him at all times possible, so she couldn't blame him for not believing her interest. "Yes you do love writing, don't you?" he said coolly, referencing the 'break up' letter she had written him last semester in which she'd had her sister deliver it to him instead of her. Lennon couldn't keep up this back and forth with Mini as there were more students approaching his table and he suppressed a sigh at the mention of Quidditch but smiled warily. Though before he could say much someone else chimed in talking about properly educating people on Quidditch. "You mean like how the number of Quidditch releated deaths has actually been on the rise lately?" Lennon replied more to the boy than the girl. Quidditch had always been considered dangerous since its inception, but for the most part the worst that had happened to players were inexplicable disappearing and lack of sleep from playing too-long matches. However it seemed like the serious repercussions of Quidditch had intensified over time and now there were certainly quite a lot more deaths within the last century alone, let alone decade. It was an obvious incline that warranted concern, but he knew Quidditch fanatics would choose to ignore or dismiss it in favor of entertainment at the expense of others' safety.

It'd come out before he could stop himself and he knew it wouldn't help his recruitment, but he was glad that Sophie had asked the boy the same question that had been on his mind. He turned back to the blonde girl, unfortunately recognizing her as one of the players at school, and gave her an apologetic smile. He sighed and said, "You'd actually be doing me us a favor if you joined." Lennon huffed out a small chuckle and hoped she was still interested in joining but he'd understand if she changed her mind due to his views on the subject. "It's clear what my views on the subject are, but I'd still like to have you on staff," he said with a small shrug. A surprising amount of the staff all disliked Quidditch as well - purely coincidence, though people might think he recruited them on purpose. No matter how many times he'd beg for his staff to cover the Quidditch section, none of them wanted to, more interested in writing other articles or simply hating the subject altogether. So as the editor, that'd left Lennon to cover the section no matter how much he hated doing so. If this girl joined he'd never have to write about the stupid subject ever again and could focus his efforts on the sport in his preferred method.

Bethany laughed good-naturedly at the girl's response, having offended her by asking if she was a first year, though she wasn't put off by her comments. "Well you are quite short," she said jokingly, though Bee didn't have much room to talk since she was very short for her age. Once the girl was a fifth year she'd see too how all the young ones looked the same, but she did have a point about not signing up without knowing more magic. Bee shrugged and said, "You'd be surprised - some first years from a long line of magical families tend to think they've got a leg up on magic." It was clear she was talking about purebloods but sometimes it wasn't always the case. There were always overeager first years who swore they knew enough after a semester of magic. "Save that 'tude for the dueling ground, yeah?" she grinned with encouragement, and pushed the sign up sheet toward the girl. She liked her fire, it just needed to be directed elsewhere.

James enjoyed being President of the brotherhood, he was even happier that going into the new year Ezra was no longer at the school to show up to events. He made his way into the Great hall a little later than some of the others and set up his stand quickly. He had a stack of fliers and a large banner that read JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD. Once students began to trickle in James cleared his throat and began his now custom recruiting method. "JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD," James yelled, his voice echoing through the hall. "COME BE A BRO," James continued to shout as loud as he could for as long he could until his voice began to croak. He stopped and began passing out fliers. Suddenly Maddie burst through the doors and ran to the Hete Omega stall. She was dressed in sweats and looked like she'd just grabbed the first clothes she could find and once behind the stall she tied her hair back. She was still the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. James sighed and went back to passing out fliers.

Ari had open his mouth to say whatever was flowing on his mind. Though he had a good conscious to stop when another intrude in what could not be denied. Ari, flirting, unlike him. Meeting Bethany brought a side out of him that he know not existed. Flirty as Ari, as water is wet. Ari owns up to his behavior, snipping his bottom lip. Doing the whole lip pull as he stood back to give the other girl some space. "I like you. Think you can beat me in a duel?" He looks over to Phoebe. "I think you can wipe the dungeon's floor with my face." Ari jest. Technically, he out match her in years. Still, plenty magic to relearn from the younger students. He'll take chances. Chances like getting beat by a girl, chances like getting to know the heart of the lioness standing next to him.

Merrill hadn't expected Solomon to show up as clubs didn't really seem to be his thing. In fact people didn't really seem to be his thing. Still he was the first, and best friend she had made so far. She wondered what Solomon was up to until he started expressing great interest in a quidditch article. Merrill beamed at her friend. She knew for a fact that Solomon cared nothing for quidditch, but he was putting his charm to good use for her. "Since you're such a fan I'll make sure to frame my first article just for you." Merrill assured him. Resisting the urge to roll her eyes at Lennon's comment she turned away from her friend, and back to the booth. She smiled brightly when Lennon told her that she was welcome to join the team. "Great! I promise I'll try not to be too obnoxious with my non-distaste for the sport." Of course if Lennon made too many comments she might just have to start wearing her jerseys to some of the club meetings. A little playful teasing couldn't hurt.

Aminia allowed others to speak, she knew they were more important to him than her. The thought of that stung and Aminia looked at the floor. Once he'd answered everyone else she finally spoke again. "What do I have to do to join please." She spoke, her confidence faltering, emotions real and human for a second. What did she have to do to get him to believe that she wanted to apologize.

Eleanor listened as the Gryffindor girl told her she didn't know what the club was about. The prefect thought it was obvious as she had made an effort to place leaflets and flower crowns on the table as well as decorating the banner above her, and was beginning to become slightly annoyed. However, Ellie took a breath and began to explain. "The Wild Patch Club plants flowers in the Hogwarts Gardens and we also provide roses on Valentine's Day as well as holding different events throughout the year." Eleanor told her, picking up one of the leaflets. She nodded to the other girl. "Last year we made a time capsule." When two other girls came up to the stall, Eleanor beamed, holding out a flower crown for each of them. "They're free, so take one!" she exclaimed. Ellie hoped that both of the girls were interested in that kind of thing and smiled at them, always happy to welcome new members.

Sophie was surprised by how many people were interested in the paper, and she wasn't sure if it was a good thing. Lennon was busy talking to the girl who apparently had nothing in her life aside from quidditch and her personal cheerleader, so Sophie decided to turn to the older girl that had been staring at him so much. It seemed to her that Lennon wasn't happy with this girl and it would be helpful for him if she could just move along after singing up. It really wasn't that complex anyway. "Look, there's not like an audition or anything. It's not advanced transfiguration you just have to sign up. Here." She handed her some paper. "You sign up and that's that, so go do that."

Phoebe wanted to tell the girl she had actually grown over the break, but then realized that didn't make a very good argument. She nodded at the explanation about the first years, she guessed some really were stupid. "I guess, sorry I didn't realize there were first years that thought they could take on a duel. That's ridiculous, no matter your background." As no one before eleven had a wand, that just made no sense. "I'll save it and more." She promised. But then the boy that had been flirting with the girl spoke up too. Phoebe turned and eyed him with a small frown. Was he making fun of her? "Obviously not, as I don't know nearly as many spells as you do and have less experience using a wand, even if I'm probably faster." She told him, using logic as always. "But give me a few years," she added, a grin appearing on her face, "and I'll wipe any floor with your face that you request." She then turned to the girl again to sign up for the club.

Solomon looked down his nose at the girl who had made a comment, some young roughly twelve year old who's role he wasn't entirely sure of, but it certainly couldn't be anything worthwhile. She seemed to young to be anyone important for the Hogwarts Monthly. Putting a finger to his lips, he mimed for her to be quiet. "Sh. The adults are talking." He muttered to her with a condescending wink, shifting his attention to Lennon, who of course had started on how dangerous Quidditch was - as if the wizarding world as a whole wasn't dangerous. There was a higher risk of dying in the school, which had proven to be true, than there was of dying in Quidditch. "In other news, water is wet." He shrugged his shoulders, deciding that, now that Merrill had what she wanted, there wasn't a need for him to hang around, though he'd hold her to the article. Aside from his Gryffindor friend, the Club Fair was a tragic disappointment as always. "I'd suggest reigning in your personal assistant there, before she scares the potential talent away." The Slytherin remarked as he turned away and left, before his ear drums burst from all the shouting happening at the other tables. Screaming at people to join was a distasteful recruitment tactic.
<i></i>

Now that Ethan was a second year, he wanted to get more involved in the school and he figured after Quidditch tryouts, the Club Fair was the next step. He walked around the fair, looking at what was available. The paper somewhat interested him but he wasn't sure if he wanted to join it because it sounded like a lot of work. Before he turned to leave he heard some shouting about being a bro so Ethan whipped his head around to find the source of the shouting. He cocked his head to the side with interest as he considered the thought of being a bro. He'd grown up being the only boy out of all his sisters so the idea of hanging out with other boys intrigued him. The Hufflepuff walked up to the table with his hands shoved in his pockets. "Hey," he greeted the boy who'd shouted for the whole hall to hear him. "What's this Brotherhood about?" Ethan asked with interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back