Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
It's been a little while since I've done one of these! I hope you've all had a good weekend and are ready to kick this week's behind. ^_^
Let's get to the BWU. There's so much to discuss!
Can you believe it?

Tomorrow starts week 4! Already? I know. I thought the same thing when I realized it. x_x
So, with this, I'll throw in some additional reminders:
-Gryffindor, don't forget to do lessons. Everyone else, don't forget to do lessons. :p
- Professors, if you don't already have a make-up topic posted, please make sure you post one asap.
- Please don't wait until the last minute to complete your grading.

Minister of Magic: Updates

The campaigning is still happening and this site-wide plot is still moving along! If you're not caught up, you should check out this Daily Prophet article and this RP, and then follow the the second debate, this one on education. And, we've even got a guest topic going.

You're encouraged to reach out to candidates for roleplays, start roleplays of your own listening to the debate (kudos to the students who are getting themselves educated :p ), and join the guest topic!
Remember, your (in)activity helps us to know where to focus our attention. ;)

More school stuff!

It's Halloween now! Head to the Great Hall to check out the costume contest and to join some fun, open roleplays. I heard the house ghosts are even joining in the festivities. :o

Quidditch :party:
This week started the Y31 quidditch season. I have a feeling it's going to be a super exciting one, especially if the first two games are any indication. In the first game of the season, Ravenclaw took the victory over Slytherin, 160 - 0. The second game was even faster, Gryffindor taking the victory over Hufflepuff, 150 - 0. It's still anyone's game, though, so stay tuned!

Beauxbatons, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw have some practices going. Check those out if those pertain to your characters! ^_^

Also, here's the link to the OOC Y31 quidditch.

Our birthday celebrations have closed...
But the good news is that you can continue to read over the topics, which have simply been moved to their new homes. A big thank you to those of you who signed the signature, joined the games, entered the contests, and helped make our 13th birthday a fun one. Here's to HNZ entering its rebellious phase and discovering its identity. :p

Congrats to the werewolves :mia:
White Elephant PM recipients - don't forget you've only got until next birthday to use your prize. Don't let it expire!!

Go mad for GMAD!! :party:

Every June 1st, we take a moment to give some appreciation to our global moderators, both former and current. They wear many hats, but this year we decided to give them evil ones. And some handwritten notes. Please take a moment to say thank you in the topic!

Welcome new Accio! members
First off, a very big thank you to everyone who applied because they wanted to help this aspect of the site. After a review, Accio! members have decided to welcome Phoebe and Rowan to the fold. Please join us in congratulating them and wishing them well. :D

Now Hiring: Gladrags Shopkeeper

Do you have a character who is into fashion? Have I got the place for you! Why not submit an application to have them take over Gladrags?

Now Seeking: Wizengamot member

We thought it was about time to seek some additional members for the Wizengamot. We have another trial that will take place soon-ish - the Matthias trial.

We are to looking to boost activity around the Wizengamot is in the hiring of a new member. As you'll remember when we first hired Wizengamot members, it was stipulated that the positions aren't permanent. Yes, your position in the Wizgamot is subject to your availability & activeness etc, as well as IC reasons e.g. dying, committing a crime etc. We understand that this might seem harsh but for Wizengamot plots to be successful, we need to have active participation from its members.

So if joining the Wizengamot sounds like something you would be interested in then fill out a [member]Ministry of Magic application[member]! There currently is no option for Wizengamot, so we would like you to leave the 'section of the Ministry' area as it is when you enter the application " - - ." These applications will only be accepted for one week from today. This is a strict deadline and any applications sent in for the Wizengamot outside of that time or that don't follow the instructions above will be automatically denied.

As a reminder, if you feel you have a plot that could involve the Wizengamot or have been curious about it then feel free to think up more plots to get the Wizengamot more active - we're always looking for more activity there!

A few reminders!

When you submit an application, it should be submitted from the account that the application is meant for. This allows us to better track applications and to better assist you in the future should you seek information about your application.

If you're planning on running a shop, club, or other event, we are very excited at your initiative! ^_^ But, we need to make sure that too many events are not happening at the same time, so you must have a quick PM exchange with an admin before posting your event. We want every event, not just the ones staff lead, to receive the attention they so deserve, so help us help you by shooting us a quick PM with the event, a description, and your proposed date ahead of time. Thanks for your cooperation! :)

On the note of events, don't forget to check out the wild patch event and HNZ staff dueling sign ups on site.

Character Spotlight for June

We have a fun character spotlighted this month, Tamara's Elizabeth Chatwin. If you haven't already, take a moment to check out her questionnaire and join us in offering her congratulations!

Head to the spotlight!

GDPR invades HNZ

I'm hoping all of the emails have died down for you since this should have been implemented last week. For those of you who aren't aware, here's a quick note from Nick about the GDPR and our corner of the internet.
[ul][li]Judgement
Edmund and Diana bully a first year as a bonding activity.

Other RPs in this Plot:
People Watching: http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30455205/1/</LI>

[li]Are You Sure?
Rose is unsure about her new prefect badge and goes to her head of house for reassurance.

[li]Astrology for the Astronomer
Two Ravenclaw friends with opposing views discuss astrology

Other RPs in this Plot:
Life in Space: http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30457857/1/

[li]Family Gathering
James and Maddie gather all their friends and family for a graduation party but James has another reason for getting everyone together.

[li]Truth or Dare
This is what happens when you ask Professor Pendleton for advice about brewing a love potion..

Other RPs in this Plot:
http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30592858/2/#new

[li]Design Your Own Prank Item
A creative contest at Gambol and Jape's, show your best ideas![/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Costume contest results
[li]Fun Brightstone action
[li]More debatin'
<LI>[li]RPing, RPing, RPing
[/li][/ul]Ok, that was...a lot. Thanks for sticking with me. If you have any questions or comments, throw them here! Hope you enjoyed! ^_^

Until next time,
Cyndi
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

So much happening! :party: :woot:

Thanks for posting Cyndicat!

(Boo gryffindor go puffs!)

Wow so much is happening! Thanks for the update ^_^

Thank you for the update Cyndi! :D

can slytherin just do their lessons instead pls and thank

Wahhh there's so much to look forward to!! :frantics: :frantics: So fun!

Thanks for the update Cyndi ^_^

Thanks for the update Cyndi!

Thanks for the update! All the exciting things are happening as always :woot:

Aurors should check their accounts. :r

Thanks for the update, Cyndi! I'm loving all of the election fun!

Just a reminder: Today is the last day you can apply for your character to be considered for the Wizengamot.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back