Anonymous Compliments 2023! 💕

It's that time of year! We are back with Anonymous Compliments! :party:

For those who don't know or need a small refresher... Anonymous Compliments is an event that was started by MESSI just about nine years ago with the staff keeping it going. This is our way of celebrating Valentine's day as a group. We do this by writing anonymous compliments for each other that will usually then be shared on or around Valentine's Day.

Just like the last few times, to participate we are going to have you guys put the compliments on the cards for each other and then send them in. This can easily be done on Photoshop, GIMP - or even Paint!
This year, courtesy of Claire, we are also including a mini tutorial on how to use Lunapic via mobile to complete this task! ^_^
If you continue to experience difficulties, even with the options provided, please reach out to me to discuss receiving additional assistance.

You will find the banner options (made by Mia) for the compliments at the end of this post.

There's no sign up list - anyone and everyone can send in compliments to my account, Professor Cyndi Kingsley. If you have any for me and don't want me to see them before Valentine's Day, you can send them to another site staff member. You have until February 12th to send any and all compliments in! :frantics:

1. Board Rules apply to all compliments.
2. Please PM compliments to my main account(Professor Cyndi Kingsley). Any compliments for me can be sent to another site staff member if you'd like your compliment to remain anonymous to me.
3. Multiple compliments may be submitted. In fact, we encourage it! ^_^ All I ask is that you keep the compliments that you send in to one PM topic, replying as many times as you want to in that one topic. This will help keep my PM box from exploding. :p
4. Please ensure that the compliment does fit on the banner provided, otherwise it cannot be sent.
5. You must use the banner(s) provided for sending in these compliments without making any changes apart from adding in the compliment.
6. If a member receives a large amount of compliments or if a member does not send any compliments in but receives compliments, the compliments will be sent via PM. All compliments will be delivered in one manner or other before the end of February.
To receive compliments in this topic, you must submit at least one compliment for another site member.

In order for us to get the posts up as close to Valentine's day as we can, we will only be accepting compliments until February 12th. This is a firm deadline.

Feel free to start sending your compliments in now, and, Happy Valentines Day! 💞

~Cyndi
(on behalf of the site staff)

The Blue option
anonymous%20compliments%202023%20outline%20blue%20star.png

The Yellow option
anonymous%20compliments%202023%20outline%20yellow%20heart%202.png

If you're a mobile user or would simply prefer to create your cards online, you can use LunaPic!

Step 1: Copy one of the image URLs below

BLUE CARD

Code:
https://hogwarts.nz/upload/Anonymous%20Compliments%202023/anonymous%20compliments%202023%20outline%20blue%20star.png

YELLOW CARD

Code:
https://hogwarts.nz/upload/Anonymous%20Compliments%202023/anonymous%20compliments%202023%20outline%20yellow%20heart%202.png

Step 2: Select 'Upload Options', enter the URL into the first field on the next page, and hit 'Go'.

dc65190892844334b140cbc734511a72.png

43e16e57d0b830dfdff140e41636814d.png

(Note: PC users will see the URL field on the front page.)

Step 3; Select 'Add Text'

7a4196ee95819a2f54efe16cb7db0c93.png

Step 4: Add your text and edit to your heart's content! You can drag the text around to move it into position.

d2e33d7bf1d3e410aa44e528986463ac.png

Step 5: When you're happy with your card, select 'Imgur' under the sharing options (you may have to scroll down to find them)

23948dbfeb3e919a13f7c43bf300cbac.png

Step 6: Copy the image URL, and PM it to Cyndi. You're done!

795ad6ff82ba52724ed5e7a17d620053.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As a reminder, all of the compliments will be sent to their respective recipients within the next week or so if they are not posted here based on what was mentioned in the initial post.

well you definitely got at least one :r I think Cyndi only publishes compliments on the thread for people who sent some in, everyone else gets theirs PMed privately (and people who had a couple published get any others by PM too) so you've probably got some incoming!
Indeed. And it all takes me a few days because my HNZ time is limited and spread across a fair number of tasks that need doing.

well you definitely got at least one :r I think Cyndi only publishes compliments on the thread for people who sent some in, everyone else gets theirs PMed privately (and people who had a couple published get any others by PM too) so you've probably got some incoming!
Oh right! I probs misread/misinterpreted the replies, that's my bad! But thank you for clearing that up for me hehe! <3

i realised I skipped bits and pieces, again that's my bad - that's embarrassing :shy:

Anonymous compliments is one of the best times of year!!! :hug:

Thank you to the people that sent in compliments for me :wub:

Thank you to the person who sent me the compliment :)

Thanks, to the person who sent me the compliment. It touched me very much.

Thank you for the compliments that come my way.

Also, took me a while to get comfortable in front of my laptop with the flu and all.

This for everyone!

Kz6w3v7.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back