All Fun and Games (Audience)

Taylor looked at Professor King, and pretty much ignored him. She bit her lip, and looked at her friends. One of the prefects was glaring at the first years, and she glared back. She wasn't terrorifed anymore, just furious. "Stay with Arisa." she murmered to Viv, then watched as her friend went to the Hufflpeuff corner.

Taylor wanted to yell at someone, but she didn't. Instead, she went and stood with the rest of the Gryffindors. Taylor stood still, eyes on the ground, muttering to herself under her breath.

Estrella thought that she and Bruin may be exceptions to Professor King's instructions, so she continued to help the younger students find their respective houses. Luckily, it seemed that their chattering was starting to die down. Quite impressed by Lily's handle of the situation, she felt confident in the fact that the Ravenclaws were taken care of. Her expression was strained, although she did not cry. There would be more than enough time to cry later. She hoped avidly that Njord was okay, although she had a sinking feeling that he may not be. It was almost worst to have seen Professor Heimdall's reaction. It was never easy to see such a strong person fall to pieces.

She cringed as she thought about the situation. The Head Girl tried not to think of Rose Landers, the girl who had died at the Borely in her first year. She prayed that Njord didn't face the same fate as her best friend had.

(Standing Outside the great hall doors)
Cecily stood there, her hand stretched in front of her to open the door. She stared and stared then snatched it away. Her head swiveled and with a barely perceptible nod she turned and went back the way she'd came. Nicolas and the others would have things well under control and would not need her help. No, she knew where she was needed.

Lemina strained to control herself. The wave of fear swept over her. Slowly, she made her way to where all the Hufflepuffs were gathered, after hearing Professor King amplified voice. "Hufflepuffs..." She tried to call out, but her voice was barely more than a whisper. Looking around at the group, Lemi realised that it was under control. Professor Weiss was standing there watching over them, Lemina wasn't needed. She leant back against the wall. She would kill whoever had done this to Njord. She still didn't know what had happened to him. Hoping he was going to pull through, but something deep down within her told her he wasn't. Njord...

Mike had come off the stage. He had heard Kat calling all the Gryffindors over, and Mike thought it would be best to help her. Mike went over, stuck for words. "Gryffindors over here!" Mike said his voice slightly raised, hoping they wouldn't tally dally so he and Kat wouldn't be waiting a long time. It still hadn't hit Mike that someone had died. It was only supposed to show first years not to play pranks and it ended ever so sadly. Mike looked at Kat. He didn't know how close she was to Njord so kept his mouth shut.

Arithmos maintained his rigid composure in the aftermath of the explosion, striking down what remained of the firecrackers with effortless waves of his wand. He watched with regret as Freya and those professors and students who had known the boy who had been struck down gathered around him, but knew that there was nothing he could do for them at the moment except assist Professor King in getting the audience members under control.

Arithmos moved to an empty section of the auditorium, gathering Slytherin students as he moved. The Slytherin Head of House glared at a few stragglers, but was otherwise content at how responsive and respectful the Slytherin students in attendance were in following the Nicholas' instructions. Arithmos did not know who was responsible for this, but he knew that there would be grave consequences for those involved, even moreso if they were in any way affiliated with Slytherin.

Upon being called on to help gather her fellow Hufflepuffs, Rhyspa let go of Kailey and they both went to help with their houses. She hoped Kailey would be allowed to go up to Njord, even if they wouldn't let her in. Rhyspa looked around to see the total and utter chaos set before her. This wasn't supposed to happen tonight. It seemed as if they jinxed themselves. Rhyspa hated this. She hated this for Kailey. She hated it for Professor Hiemdall, Njord's mother. She hated it for the grief that would be striking the hearts of so many other students and faculty.

Going into Prefect mode, Rhyspa walked off the stage and into the audience, finding any Hufflepuff she could and moved them to the corner where Professor Weiss was. "Hufflepuffs! This way please!" she shouted. Rhyspa saw a young girl crying next to a boy. She knew the girl was a Hufflepuff and walked over to her. "You have to come this way, please. I know what just happened was a shock," Rhyspa said, trying to keep her own tears back. "But you have to come with me. And you," she said to the boy. "You have to go with your prefects. You can talk later, I promise."

Sam was watching the show happily with his friends when there was loud bangs. It was rockets. Everyone was screaming. Sam was in shock it had hit one of the prefects, a boy who he had seen around the common room. "Oh no!" He breathed in a state of shock. He looked around to Hoshi who had disappeared he turned back to Knight but he heard 'Hufflepuffs' being called. He put his hand on his best friends shoulder, "I gotta go." Running over to the girl, Sam was pushed and shoved by the frantic crowd. Sam finally reached her and there was another girl beside her, from Hufflepuff. He didn't say anything, his eyes were widened in shock but he stood close to the older girl, his breathing was quick. He never expierianced anything like this before. He wondered who'd do such a thing.

Onyx tried to keep her composure as the entire group she had been watching went into a tizzy. Miss Esquire continued to sob and say 'Arisa'. That was the blonde wasn't it? The one who had been acting a bit off throughout the night...

The librarian narrowed her eyes at them and started to approach them in their oh-so-important conversation while Professor King had ordered silence from the hall. But then they soon dissipated and went to their respective houses. Seeing that Lily was now off the stage and helping Estrella and Kailey was safely out the doors to be with Njord, Onyx went on to help Hufflepuff. Though they to seemed under control Professor Weiss had a weary look on her face. Not to mention the two students whom she wished to speak with most were in her house of the badger.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Belle. I know he was a dear, dear student of yours. He will be missed but certainly not forgotten." she said, eyeing the now depressed looking girl and the brunette who couldn't stop shaking with sobs behind the muggle studies professor,"Do you need any help with your students or shall I go check with Arithmos?"

When most of the students seemed to be sorted out by house Nicolas spoke once more, hoping to be able to wrap this part of things up quickly and move on to the more important tasks ahead of him. "Now, if anybody else is hurt or anybody who came to the play is not here anymore please tell your prefects and then prefects please share said information with me."
Professor King then turned to the Professors around him, "Do any of you know who did this?" He finally enquired, his query was blunt but now wasn't the time to be soft about things. "Or who might know who did this at the very least?"

Onyx's question went unanswered as she heard Professor King's question to them all. She gave one last sympathetic look to Belle before turning and heading back to the stage. Her gait was quick and her stride long as she made her way to the gathering of professors as they left their houses or their posts to regroup.

"Nick, I have an assumption, and with good reason that the culprit-or in fact culprits as I believe it to be a group effort- was the little group that has been the cause of the pranks all year long. They've certainly pulled off the prank of the century this time, in k-...endangering the other students. I'm not sure of their names, but I can tell you who they are by faces. Two of them are in Hufflepuff surprisingly, the one looking rather downhearted and the other is in hysterics right now. And the hysterical one keeps sayign the other's name, over and over. And this, Arisa, the usually bubbly blonde got up during the play and arrived back just as Njord had been felled by one of the fireworks. I think of everyone them, and the Slytherin with them should be questioned for sure. At least to rule them out if they were or were not the ones." she quickly babled, having held it in the entire time.

She then looked around the room to see those same two girls still in the same state they had been. And would point them out if Nick were to ask her to.

Kalif remained calm, as Nick asked the professors around them about who did this tragic event. He listened to Onyx's say, before putting in his thoughts, "I noticed a girl, Arisa, sneaking out of the Great Hall during the play, when the fireworks began to go off. Arisa Havishmen and her group of friends should be questioned, no doubt. Perhaps with the other first years that have caused pranks in the past, seeing that any one of them could have done this." Kalif glanced toward the Hufflepuffs, staring at the supposedly bubbly blond. However, she never acted bubbly in his class. He turned his gaze back to the professors.

Isabella was truly stunned at the chaos that had ensued at the play, this was definitely not part of the plan, she could tell by the genuine tears forming in everyone's eyes. Her heart was breaking for those friends of Njord's and she even formed tears in her own eyes. He can't be dead, right? she thought horrified. First their Headmistress had been kidnapped last year, now a student may be dead due to the pranks from all the stupid first years. She had no doubt her parents would be owling her immediately and using Howlers to tell her she was going to be sent to Beauxbatons or Durmstrang.

However she didn't have much more time to dwell on that as many people pushed and shoved passed her. She heard many authoritative voices yelling above the choas to be heard and try to regain order in the room. She looked at her House's Prefect onstage and even though she wasn't a Prefect, she decided she needed to do all she could in the audience in order to help Blake out. "Slytherin's come on!" she said as loudly as she could over the noise. "This way!" she ordered them over to Blake. She couldn't seem to find her other House's prefect so she hoped that Blake wouldn't mind the little help. Not that they needed it really, most of the Slytherin's seemed to be level-headed and remained calm, standing beside each other with clueless yet stunned faces. Isabella stood beside her Housemates as her Head of House came and stood beside them, ushering the rest of her house over as well before going over to the rest of the Professors.

Bella scanned the frantic faces of the other students and saw the girl that was sitting behind her crying hysterically. Isabella scowled immediately, knowing she was the culprit. She had to be. She didn't have proof, but she had seen her showing something to her friends and the annoying chatter behind her made her aware that the girl had gotten up and exited the hall just before the rockets went off. Isabella was going to make sure the Professors knew of her suspicion to the girl and hopefully the rest of her prank-pulling friends. At the thought of pranksters, Isabella scanned the line of Slytherins in search of that annoying first year with hideously colored hair and called her and Alyssa "the Glam Squad." Bella was sure she had seen her here earlier, who could miss that sick orange color of hair?, but now she was nowhere to be found. Definitely not a good sign.

Arisa looked up from her chair to see the librarian and Professor Styx looking at her. Any color that was left in her face drained instantly. They knew, she started hyperventilating slightly and shaking even more. Then she noticed Viv beside her and she looked horrible, Arisa's instincts took over and she put her arm around Viv's shoulder. "sshh, Viv, calm down, calm down, your fine, nothings going to happen to you, i promise" she said petting Viv's hair to comfort her.

Alyssa stood and immediantly followed Isabella out as they began organizing the students to leave the Great Hall out by house. Alyssa had to admit that she was pretty shaken about the whole event that just took place, but she knew that she needed to remain as calm as she possibly could.

"He's not really dead is he?" Alyssa asked Isabella franticly as she nervously began clutching her dress. Alyssa didn't personally know Njord at all. But he was a fellow student and was still pretty young. Definantly too young to be dead because of some dumb prank. Students were beginning panic, which was slowly starting to make Alyssa on edge as well.

'If this was another one of those first years pranks I've had enough. I honestly think those little brats should be expelled! Alyssa knew that she would be writing to her mother about this. Her mother just loved to eat of gossip like this, plus it was something Alyssa was sure her mother would find out regardless of wheather she told her not. Her mother was sneaky like that, and would probably be furious if Alyssa didn't even try to mention any of this to her.

Alyssa noticed Isabella giving some girl a dark stare and assumed immediantly that Isabella knew who the culprit might be. Alyssa had a hunch, but she wasn't going to point any fingers because she hated being wrong.

Blake approached the crowd of gathering Slytherins and was extremely pleased to see Isabella was there and already taking control there. "Thank you," he said to her as he came to her side. Blake's expression was empty of emotion, but he managed a smile of gratitude for Isabella.
Turning to the Slytherin students that were gathered before them, Blake was quite impressed that they all seemed calm enough, considering the chaos and outbursts around them. Calmly, Blake scanned the audience crowd for any more green coloured robes that needed to be shepherded this way.

Andromeda looked about once more now beside Kat and the other Gryffindors. Her head was reeling from what had happened and what she had seen. Njord, was it really possible? She closed her mind as best she could, it wouldn't do her any good to think about it right now. A pain shot through her shoulder and she flinched, had she gotten hit on her climb across the seats to get away from the rockets? It was possible, goodness knew the adrenaline pumping through her would have probably stemmed her from feeling anything up till now. She placed a hand on her shoulder and then looked at it after wincing from the contact. Blood stained her hand and Andy rolled her eyes when she saw it.
"Damn" she certainly didn't need this and didn't want to have to go anywhere other than stay here where she was needed. Deciding to wait until everyone was heading up to their houses before doing anything about it, Andy gave the students beside them a head count. Trying to make sure that everyone was present.

Nicolas was glad that the hall had already settled for the most part and that the students were finally all sorted how they should have been many minutes prior. He uttered his thanks to the professors who had informed him of their suspicions and made mental notes of the students mentioned, or at the very least described. They would likely each be getting an owl from him in due time.
Raising his wand Nicolas uttered a quick incantation under his breath and the doors to the Great Hall unlocked themselves, several clicks and bangs from the doors resounded throughout the hall as they did so, then he pushed his wand forward a bit and the doors began to creak open. Climbing back on to the stage he pointed his wand back toward his throat to magnify his voice once more. "Prefects please lead your houses back to their common rooms and ensure that they stay there. Curfew will begin early tonight, once students are back in their houses they are to stay there for the remainder of the day." Professor King ordered before ending the incantation and hoping back off of the stage 'I hope they do stay there.' He thought as he turned back to the professors gathered by the stage
"If you could try to patrol the halls, or Head of Houses ensure that your house is all in the common room that would be much appreciated. I should try to make my way to the Hospital Wing before I do anything else." Nicolas managed to get out in conclusion of the whole ordeal, the events of the day and sudden activity after a week of bedrest were starting to take its toll on his body. His voice was becoming hoarse and he was afraid he going to collapse at any minute. Focusing solely now on keeping himself appearing completely well he leaned against the stage as the assembly started to leave the hall, prefects calling for their houses every which way and stragglers being pulled along by friends.

Blake nodded when Professor King's voice boomed over the crowd and ordered that the prefects begin taking their houses back to their common rooms. Deciding it was best to do exactly what he was told to as soon as possible, Blake turned to Isabella. "Bella if you don't mind, could you take the first and second years down first? I'll follow you with the rest." Not waiting for a reply, Blake side stepped toward the crowd of Slytherins and ordered that the first and second years line up and follow Isabella, and was quite pleased when they did so. "The rest of you, follow me!" he ordered, waving his hand to indicate the direction of the exit. The line of Slytherins proceeded out of the Great Hall and down to the Dungeons to the Slytherin common room.

Lily had been staring across the room to where Blake was standing with the rest of the Slytherins. She wanted nothing but to run over to his side and bury her face in his chest and have him help her deal with everything she had seen. Suddenly Professor King announced that all the prefects were to have the students return to their houses. She knew that her chance had passed for the moment and turned to face her housemates. "Alright. You heard Professor King. Let's go! Follow me now!" She headed to the door, looking back to make sure that everyone was following her.

Bruin was leaning against a railing off to the side, still in apparent shock and now unsure about what his responsibilities were. Should he return to Gryffindor with all of the other Prefects and students from his house or were he and Estrella expected to remain behind and perhaps patrol with the professors. What he wanted most was answers, but he knew that he probably wouldn't like the ones he was likely to get.

Noting that there were lots of Gryffindor Prefects present and that Lily already had the Ravenclaws under control, he opted to head over to where Estrella was. He leaned over and whispered something into her ear and then proceeded on to Professor King to check to see whether there was anything he could do. Bruin felt responsible for this whole mess and felt the need to do something, anything to keep his mind and body occupied so he wouldn't have to think about it anymore.

Belladonna listened to the instructions given by Nicolas and walked over to her house. "Hufflepuffs. Let's get moving. Follow me immediately. Prefects please follow and make sure that we have no stragglers or escape artists." She then turned and quickly lead her house out of the hall and up to the common room.

Kiera snapped out of her shock as Professor King talked. She had work to do. She did not want to be the sort of girl who crumbled under tough situations. Kiera pulled herself to the whole 5' she was. She climbed on a bench next to Kat and Andy and the other Gryffindors. "Gryffindors! Gryffindors! This way!" she said as she hopped off the bench. Kiera looked at her fellow prefects with tears in her eyes. She was glad she had not lost any of them. She nodded her head and hoped everyone would follow her.

Arisa stood up and and followed there head of house out of the room, he had some serious thinking to do.

"Alright Gryffindors...you heard Professor King. Everyone follow us upstairs and no detours along the way because we are watching you," Kat said loudly enough for her fellow housemates to hear. She then turned to Kiera, Andy, and Mike and said, "I think we should probably put someone at the front and back of the group and then two of us in the middle to make sure that they all head where they are supposed to be going. Andy if you wanna take the front then I'll take the back if Mike and Kiera wanna take the middle." She wasn't trying to be bossy, but she figured the faster they got this organized the faster they would get to the common room and hopefully that meant the faster they'd get some answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back