Adventuring...

Professor King turned around and looked at George, "I, my friend, am not that niave..." he stated as he turned back around and left the dungeons...

Ford looked between the shopkeeper and professor. He felt largely responsible for the events that had just occurred, so he planned to take charge and make sure nothing bad happened. "Alright, everybody, grab a broom." He said loudly, so as to distract everyone from the exchange that just occurred, and bring them back to the present. "I'll go first and scope out the area, looking for a good place to land."

Tearing his eyes away from the Professors retreating back, he turned to Ford and nodded. He was still getting the impression that there was more to the Professor than being just a Professor. Aside from the fact that he was a complete git.

"Yeah" He said, clutching one of the brooms in his right hand. "Sure you don't want me to go?" He asked sincerely. "Don't want him to kick my arse if you die..." He said sarcastically, referring to Nick.

(((Git eh? ouch ness :( i had to do something i was invited to join and couldnt see much else i could do... and as long as you're responsible i dont care who goes first )))

(( LOL! Nothing personal dude! I can just see George and Kingy having this infuriating love-hate relationship where they respect each other but tear the crap out of each other all the time. Just makes things interesting. ^_^ ))

Ford grinned, or gave a slight smirk with that barely touched his lips, as the case may be, "It's fine. I'm an excellent flier," he was not bragging, merely stating a fact. He hopped on the broom he had grabbed. It was a little shaking and veered to the right, but he could deal with it, he held up his wand, "Lumos!"

He flew over to the other side, looking down once or twice into the chasm below him. There was nothing remarkable on the other side, there was an rock outcropping, circular in shape, that led into a cave, which was just as black as the world below him. He went to land; the ground was uneven, and large rocks protruded up from it. "Right here, everybody. Just be careful landing."

George adjusted the strap of his messenger bag, securing it. Tossing his broom out in front of him, he hopped on while it was still in motion and sailed as smoothly as he could on the old school broom across the gap. He glanced down at the drop below him, and once or twice he could have sworn he saw something moving in the darkness below. Dismissing it as his overactive imagination, he looked ahead again, pulled the nose of his broom sharply to the left, and skidded to a halt on the rocky ground on the other side.

Looking at Ford, an impressed expression on his face, he said, "You are good flyer mate, you on a quidditch team?"

Ford nodded to George when he was landing, "The Valkyries; Liz's team."

Bruin grabbed one of the six brooms that Professor King had summoned and mounted it quickly, pushing off and flying directly over to where Ford and George were now standing. He flew quickly as he didn't enjoy the sensation of flying over the open mouth of anything, particularly something with a bottomless pit where the stomach should be. He touched down deftly beside them and awaited the others.

Kale was quiet for the majority of the time until Professor King had left. Looking over at the brooms that Kingy had given them to use, Kale grabbed one of the six with a firm grip. He has flown many times outside of school because his mother had taught him when he was quite young. Jumping onto the broom, he kicked off the ground and flew to the other side of the cave, thankful he didn't fall into the unknown depths of the "bottomless pit". With a sigh of relief, Kale watched as the others made their way to the other side on the uneven ground...hoping that everyone made it safely.

As people began landing on this side of the chasm, Ford looked down it. A cool breeze wafted up from the depths, it smelled of rock, mold, and...something indescribable, except by the word unpleasant. As Ford looked down, he caught the faintest vestiges of movement somewhere down in the dark abyss, but it might have been his imagination.

"I wonder whats down there.." Kale said with amazement in his voice.

Noticing that Sabriel hadn't made her way across yet he yelled, "C'mon Sabriel! You can do it!" with a cheery voice and a laugh.

Sabriel wasn't really sure what to think of the spat between Professor King and George, but at this moment she didn't really care. She was just excited to be able to continue their exploration. She also absolutely loved flying, and was glad she would be able to use a broom this very minute; even if it is just an old school broom.

Walking over to one of the last two brooms, Sabriel looked to Estrella and then back to the boys on the other side. "What ever happened to ladies first," she joked across the crevice as she mounted the broom. Kicking off of the ground, she began to fly over the chasm, suddenly veering to the right which looked like she were falling off of her broom. Laughing, she really had just flung herself upside down on her broom and flew the rest of the stretch that way.

Once she was hovering over the other side, Sabriel flipped back over and landed next to the boys. "Did I give you a scare?" she asked them laughing. "My mum taught me that trick."

Estrella jumped on the broom that had been provided, and it was not as sleek and maneuverable as her firebolt but it would have to do. "Yeah, guys, or are you the ladies in this particular situation?" she joked with Sabriel.

George turned slowly, looking at the dark mouth of the cave behind them. His eyes widened, and he briefly wondered how the dungeons of the castle could hide all this below its structure, but he cast the thought aside. With magic, he had once been told, anything is possible.

He whistled long and slow, taking in the sight before him.

Looking back over his shoulder at Estrella and Sabriel, he smirked. "Alright then..." He said, and gestured to the mouth of the cave, "...ladies first."

"Alrighty then!" Estrella laughed, turning to Sabriel. "They're scared, I reckon," she joked, and made her way to the mouth of the cave.

"Probably are," Sabriel said to Estrella laughing. "Boys." Shaking her head a bit, she pushed her way through the boys and followed Estrella throught the mouth of the cave.

George rolled his eyes and followed the two girls in to the cave. It was practically pitch black after the first few feet, and he started to worry.

"Err...girls?" He asked warily, sensing them but not seeing them. It was times like these he wished he was registered, he could see so much better in the dark with his other eyes.

"Lumos!" Estrella said quietly, warm light beaming at the end of her wand. It was very odd; they seemed to be in another cavern much like the last one, but she could only see ahead of her a few feet, even with the light of the wand. It seemed as if the darkness was attempting to envelop and suffocate the light. "This is weird," she muttered out loud.

Trying to add to Estrella's light, Sabriel also said, "Lumos." The tip of her wand gave off a bright glow, but then suddenly was dimmed like the darkness was swallowing it up. Looking to Estrella, "Well that's very strange."

Suddenly Sabriel felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. She had this weird, creepy feeling that someone or something else was there with them.

Guided by the two smothered points of light, George stood in between the two girls. Holding his wand out in front of him, he muttered a spell under his breath, and a burst of flame appeared very violently at the end of his wand, and George felt a few stray strands of his hair singe.

"Bugger" He exclaimed, rubbing his forehead. The flame died down a little, and his wand acted now like a fiery torch, giving off a little more light.

He grinned widely. "Man bring fire..." He quipped.

Ford watched as George tried to ignite some fire, "Lumos!" Ford said and walked into the darkness, and his light dimmed. "Bloody hell," he cursed, wishing he had something wood, or flammable at the least.

Bruin laid his broom down, wondering for a moment whether or not he should light it on fire for some added light, but then decided against it. He muttered lumos! and followed the others into the cave, wand glowing dimly in his right hand and his flashlight adding a little extra light in his left.

Kale stepped off his broom slowly and looked around. As Sabriel came to the other side and joked about girls being first he joked back "....well...we wanted to make sure it was safe first..right?" he said with a wink at Sabriel.

Once everyone made it onto the over side of the cavern, Kales eyes finally seemed to be adjusting to the light but not enough...gripping his wand in front of him he followed slowly behind the others providing light

Ford gazed as far as he could into the darkness, with no luck. "I'll take the lead," Ford said, and slowly walked towards the front of the line of people, making sure not to lose his balance in the black. The dark seemed to suck up all sound, too, such that everyone's voice was muffled and muted the more he got into the dark. "Be careful, everyone, be on you guard," he enunciated in a sterile voice, and began taking careful steps forward.

The cave was steadily going slowly downwards, and thinner and thinner. Soon, one could barely walk standing straight up. The sound got and quieter and quieter, until one could not hear anything. Ford stopped and held his wand up, the light from it's tip barely illuminated his hand, he turned to look at those behind him. He couldn't see anybody, but as he swung his wand around he saw someone's face right there.

Then there was a sudden gust of wind that came from behind the group, from the way they came. It was a strong blast, and with it came sound in the form of a fatal scream, as if someone had been stabbed. The lights from everybodies wands and Bruin's flashlight ignited to what seemed like the sun, blinding Ford. "Run!" Shouted Ford, but he was inaudible over the continuing scream, and he motioned with his wand to move forwardly in a speedy fashion.

((If you want to RP yourself into the part where I turn around go ahead, I'll edit.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back