Adventuring...

"Hey George...I'm Bruin...and yes, I occasionally work at Gladrags, but usually I just sleep behind the counter and let Courtney do most of the work. She's a little higher energy than I am."

"A little higher energy than most," Ford gave his morose equivalent of a smile, "Falling into a hole would make this more interesting," Ford said, seeing that none of them had problems with the voice, "Maybe we'll find some ancient ruins, inhabited by zombies," Ford suggested, his adventurous side catching a glimmer of air, although still heavily lidded with sarcasm and apathy.

George smirked at Fords comments, and continued on slowly, treading carefully. His left made contact with ground that seemed softer than usually, a little crumbly, and he froze in place. Raising his wand, he muttered "lumos", casting a light on the area in front of him.

"Uh, hows that for a hole...?" He said pointing his wand at the canyon-like expanse in front of him, that stretched both left and right as far as he could see. He kicked a loose rock and grinned as it fell into the darkness below.

Ford walked to the edge of the cavern with George, and also kicked a rock over the edge and watched it spin into oblivion. Ford pointed his wand down into the crevasse, "Stupefy!" He watched as the red orb spun downwards and disappeared into the blackness. His only comment was, "Huh..."

Kale was taken by surprise when the bat had flown over the group. He's never been a fan of bats or vampire stories.."I'm pretty sure vampires are more likely to be inhabiting these ruins!" Kale said with hidden sarcasm. Kale bent down and picked up a few loose pebbles off the floor, little by little he threw a few at a time to listen how far up they were standing..."Wooahh..." he said breaking the moment of silence. To Kale this was cool, other then pulling pranks and messing around with people, exploring new places had always been something he enjoyed. Walking along George's cast of lumos lightened the space a bit more showing off a canyon-like ledge.. "Trippy..." Kale said under his breath. "This place is huuuuge!" a grin forming on this face.

George glanced sideways at the two boys. "Any volunteers or shall I just push one of you over?" He asked jokingly with a grin. He scuffed his foot over the edge and watched as some of the loose stone crumbled away.

"I vote Kale," Ford said in a deadly serious voice, however a slight sneer that barely touched his lips showed his jocularity.

Kale sensed Ford's humor in his statement right away and laughed. Rolling his eyes and with a smirk on his face, "I dunno Ford...how about you take one for the team!"

"I've been waiting to try out Levicorpus!" Bruin said with a grin. "Anybody want to volunteer to be lowered down by a relative novice in the fine art of levitating bodies? How about you George?"

George turned to Bruin, a playfull look on his face. "Yes please, use your inexperience to lower me down a crevasse of unidentifiable depth" He said sarcastically, before smirking light heartedly.

He raised his wand and pointed it across the cavern. He could just make out the other edge of the gap, a good thirty feet away, before the darkness consumed whatever was past it.

"Well folks, down or over, any preference?"

"Over the crevasse?" Ford inquisitioned, "I'm for that."

Kale laughed at Georges sarcasm, he liked his sense of humor. "I'm for crevasse too, I guess.." he didn't really care what they ended up doing. Taking a look at Sabriel he wondered what her vote would be, she had been awfully quiet for a while.

Bruin smiled at George's comment...he loved sarcasm and didn't mind setting people up to use it on occasion. "What exactly is a crevasse??? Canadians have a thing called a crevice, but it ain't that big!!! And when I look at that big hole, I must wonder, just how do you propose for us to travel over it??? Embarassed as I am to say it, I don't think I can jump that far."

"Levicorpus," Ford stated in a monotone, another sneer curling at his lips. He was in a very silly mood, which translated to 'not angry' for everyone else. Flicking his wand, Ford caused a shower of green sparks to be emitted from the end.

(ooc-uh Ford, who are you levitating??? Or are you planning on doing it to yourself?)

((I dunno, I couldn't think of anything. I'm also doing some homework and reinstalling Windows on my other computer, so I'm not entirely here. >< I'll edit my above post.))

((Done!))

Kale watched as the sparks flew from Fords wand, wondering what he would do next.

[I don't really know whats going on :p ]

Bruin recalled that Levicorpus was actually the spell that resulted in hanging the person it was cast on upside down by their ankle. Apparently,Ford was good at it as Bruin now found himself upside down. Bruin recalled the last time this spell had been cast on him by Courtney in the dueling chamber. He also remembered the painful result of having this spell broken and didn't feel like crashing to the cavern floor if he cast Finite or Liberacorpus. "Umm, a little help here please." Bruin pleaded.

Ford hadn't actually expected the spell to work, but his only reaction was that his eyes widened. "Kale, George, why don't you get under him to catch him."

Kale laughed the moment that Bruin suddenly began to hang upside down. "OUCH." he said wincing, hanging upside down by the ankles didn't look very fun...especially at Bruins large size. At Ford's instruction to get under Bruin he began to walk towards him until he realized that Bruin was hanging upside down too close to the edge, "Nice one Ford..." he said with a smirk filled with sarcasm

Ford allowed a playfully malicious smile come across his lips, he moved his wand away from the edge, hoping that Bruin would follow.

((Can I do that...? I wasn't really expecting to cast a spell :p It's alright, htough, makes things interesting.))

The thudding of footsteps was audible and after a few moments Professor King emerged from the shadows seeing Bruin hanging upside down and Ford controling it he stopped, "What's this then?" he inquired, clutching his wand in his pocket.

Apparently being upside down jogged something in the recesses of Bruin's memory. "Umm, I think Mobilicorpus can help you move a levitated body, but I don't know if you can use it on yourself...could one of you move me back away from the edge before Ford breaks his spell???" Bruin said, starting to get a little light headed from hanging upside down.

Ford looked over at the professor, "Professor! This is an accident, I'm not actually attacking Bruin," Ford said calmly, hoping the professor believed him. Ford then walked over to him and tugged him away from the edge of the crevasse.

Bruin felt Ford tugging at him and was relieved to be over solid ground again, but felt like he was going to pass out soon. "Hey Professor, did you know you actually look better upside do..." Bruin couldn't finish his joke as he fainted due to the increased intracranial pressure of having had to wait so long to be put back upright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back