Adventuring...

Bruin was interested in what this ancient warrior spirit thing had to say, but was beginning to wonder whether his patience was going to wear thin. Bruin wanted to be off the sacred ground and out of harm's way. "Umm, anybody else want to get off the island and then see if we can continue this conversation without the threat of imminent death???"

As much as Ford's thirst for knowledge called him to stay, he had to agree with Bruin: They needed to leave. Fast.

"Alright everybody, grab a broom or someone on a broom," he said, his voice gave the hint that other suggestions were out of the question, "we're getting out of here." He grabbed a broom and jumped on, waiting for someone to get on behind on him. There was something about this place, perhaps just because he was curious about the voice, and why he was the only one to hear it. He would definitely be returning later.

Ford did not remove his eyes from the spectre in front of them, "We are leaving, ghost. And we shall spread your message."

Kale listened while the ghost had spoke and ordered them to end their excursion from there...the unwlecoming presence gave him a very uncomfortable feeling. Kale reached into his pocket for his wand ready to call Accio broom ...when he felt inside his pocket, it was empty...only a couple of pieces of lint were removed and his mouth went ajar and his eyes wide, "You guys! My wand...it's gone!..when we fell it must have fallen out.." Kale bit his lip, wanting to just get out of this place!

Bruin withdrew his wand, thankful that he hadn't had the misfortune of falling in the underground lake. He pointed his wand at the last area he recalled Kale being and called out Accio Wand hoping the summoning charm would work. (OOC - I'll let you decide Kale).

Bruin was already on a broom and looked around to see if George or Estrella would hop on for the short flight off of the island.

At Accio Wand, Kales wand came up from the water...he grabbed it quickly and put it in his pocket. "Thanks Bruin" he said with a sigh of relief, Kale wouldn't know what to do without his wand.

Grabbing a broom he looked over at Sabriel with a smile, "Hop on?" he asked with a smile. At this point, he just wanted to get out...who knows what that 'ghost knight' would do to them if they stayed any longer?

When Kale got his wand, Ford looked around at the others, they seemed to be alright, "Everybody, on brooms." He commanded quietly, enunciating every syllable, they needed to get out and soon.

The students seemed to be leaving, which pleased Conri. They were intruders upon his domain, and must either leave or die. The wind blew from behind him, the bean sí was speaking again. Her voice lamented the loss of her holy ground and spoke to Conri. Her soft singing carried upon the wind to Conri's ears speaking to him, Páiste...Eire...

Upon hearing this, Conri looked towards the older boy who had been speaking to him, and grinned maliciously, "The old blood runs through you, young one. You will return." The ghost disappeared, leaving only an evil cackle that reverberated around the domed room. The runes on the ceiling faded, leaving the only light that which was given off by the student's wands. The cackling began to shake the room, and the water began to boil fiercely.

George glanced at the water, which had begun to boil, and grimaced. "Yeah, I think I'll forgo the traditional simmering..." He climbed on the back of Bruin's broom, his hands gripping the tail end behind him. He'd been observing the ghostly figure quietley, Ford seemingly quite content with conversing with it. The glowing map had interested him greatley, and he'd tried to memories it as best he could, making a mental note to look into it more when they weren't being threatened with their lives.

He looked and said,"Raise the anchor, captain", smirking cheekily.

Bruin assumed that Estrella would hop on Ford's broom and didn't wait another moment, realizing that the steam coming off the lake might soon make flying over it rather uncomfortable. "Alright then, hang on George...I don't think either of us want Weasley Soup on the menu later in the Great Hall." Bruin pushed off and the broom protested against the weight of the two of them, but somehow managed to rise so that they were skimming the bubbling lake below. Bruin hoped that they reached the far side soon as the little broom appeared to be on its last legs, er, twigs.

Sabriel was disappointed when everyone decided to leave. She wanted to learn more about this ghost, but as he disappeared she looked at Kale and jumped onto the back of his broom. She wrapped her arms around his waist and waited for him to push off the island. I don't care what that ghost threatened. I'm coming back here sometime, she thought to herself.

Ford stared at the ghost, What's going on? He thought, First the voice, now this? Ford was quickly shaken out of his reverie as Estrella jumped on his broom, the room was now becoming incredibley hot as the water below them boiled. Steam was beginning to cloud Ford's vision. "Everybody out of here! To the dungeons!" He shouted over the boiling. Turning back to Estrella, Ford said, "Hold on tight, and lean forward," and shot off like a rocket towards the path which they had used to come in.

As the water began to boil below their feet Kale started to feel uneasy, "Okay guys! Let's get the hell out of here!" he yelled. At that he looked behind his back at Sabriel sitting, "Hang on, Sabriel" kicking off the ground, he leaned forward and headed for saftey in the dungeons.

Sabriel grabbed Kale tightly around the waist as they flew to the safety of the dungeons. She couldn't believe how quickly the cavern had heated up and beads of sweat ran down her face. She looked back to make sure the others were following them.

Estrella held on tight, the words of the ghost disturbing her. She found it weird to be riding on the same broom with someone else, but then again, it was better than being on that desolate island and threatened by an angry ghost. She checked to see that her wand was still secure in her robes, and tried not to look down at the boiling water beneath them. That would hurt like hell, she thought to herself.

Ford sped forward on his broom, with Estrella in tow, into the small cave through which they entered. His wand was in his mouth, giving off a light from it's tip, guiding his way through the four feet ahead of him which it illuminated. Although the four feet he saw quickly passed around him, making Ford effectively blind. He raced onward by intuition, and by stroke of luck or fate or whatever, he burst forward into the domed room, after soaring over the chasm. He kicked out the rear of his broom, putting at an angle such that it killed his momentum in the direction he had been going, but propelled him towards the other entrance to the room at the same time. Where's that bloody door? He cursed to himself, as he flew towards what was a stone wall of the chamber at an alarming velocity. He rolled to the side pulled up, so that he could now have ran on the wall if he so wished.

The door came up on them quickly, so quickly that Ford overshot it greatly, he pulled up again, still on his side, and went through a large circle that ended with him flying up the stairs into the small room at the beginning of their adventure. He made a rather ungraceful landing, "We should get out of the way of the door," he said quickly to Estrella, and moved towards the wall.

"That might be a good idea," Estrella gasped, catching her breath. She had anticipated them crashing headlong into the wall, and after this adventure was surprised to be out in one piece.

Ford settled in on the wall near the door, reclining against it. Somewhere deep in his mind, the cackling of the ghost shook his skull still, or the memory of it did, at least.

Bruin managed to navigate the broom that he and George were riding on up the passageway and to the base of the steps that they had descended earlier before setting down and dismounting. He had watched Ford and Estrella fly right up the stairwell, but didn't want to push his luck further on this particular broom. He considered them lucky to have made it this far.

He turned to George and said. "Um, end of the line buddy. I think I'll be walking up the stairs."

George wiped the persipiration off his brow with the back of his hand. That had been a close call, they were lucky not to have been boiled alive, frankly. He nodded at Bruin. "Good call mate, think that broom's on its last legs" He commented, raising an eyebrow.

Turning to the stair well, he bounded up the stairs, taking them a few at a time, before bursting into the room at the top. Eyeing Estrella and Ford, he asked. "You guys okay?"

Ford turned as George and Bruin walked in, "I'm good," Ford nodded blithely.

Bruin was huffing and puffing a little by the time he reached the top of the stairs and could only dimly acknowledge the others. He cleared out of the doorway in case Sabriel and Kale opted to fly up the stairs as Ford and Estrella had done. "What was all that about???", Bruin wondered aloud...

Kale flew to saftey as quickly and safely as he could with Sabriel hanging on from behind. Manuvering the broom, he followed Bruin's lead which seemed much safer...soon Kale & Sabriel landed at the bottom of the stairs. Getting off the broom he helped Sabriel off and held it upright with one hand. "Is everyone counted for?" Kale asked counting everyone mentally. All of them seemed to make it safely so he nodded..

Ford looked around, "This appears to be everybody," he said before turning to Bruin, "I'm not entirely sure. I'll have to do some research in the library. I suppose we should talk to Alicia, if anything to make her aware of the ghost."

"Yeah, although it seems odd that she wouldn't know about something that big beneath her castle, don't you think?", Bruin said with a confused look.

"Yeah," Estrella replied to Bruin's comment, "You'd think that something that powerful would be detected. I mean, spirits can conceal themselves if they want to, but..." She shook her head. "Why would a Gaelic spirit want to be in New Zealand anyways?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back