Adventuring...

((thats what i was wondering))

((I was thinking the other way... But it's four here anyway, I'm off to bed. Night all.))

((I thought other way too. Bed time for me as well. Shall we continue tomorrow?))

George was stood leaning casually against the wall near the stairs they had just come down. He'd decided to follow the group of students for two reasons. 1. They were going the way he was, and 2. For curiousitys' sake.

As the silvery badger appeared and spoke its warning, George guessed it was the Headmistresses. He'd not been foolish enough to think that he'd get away with coming onto the grounds without there being some sort of comeuppance like this.

He rolled his eyes once it had left, pushing himself up to stand straight. "Right, because you lot can look after yourselves. Scared by a bloody voice, for Christs' sake."

Bruin had been listening intently to the room, trying to hear what Ford was hearing, but like the others hadn't heard anything unusual although he did feel as though there was something odd about the way the temperature seemed to drop quickly every now and then. Bruin laughed a bit at George's comment and responded "I'm not scared of any voice, I'm scared of being in a dark room with some guy behind me who hears voices in his head. No offense Ford!", he said with a chuckle.

Bruin looked at Sabriel, not sure what spells she may or may not have learned yet. "If you get seperated from your wand again, you might try saying Accio Wand. It's basically a summoning charm and should make your wand come to you."

Bruin decided to say one last thing before moving. "Alright, so what's the consensus...back up the stairs and get out that way or explore a little further and see if we can find a way out this way? I don't feel like leading you in a direction you don't wish to go!"

"I say go forward," Ford said. He was not about to let, as George had put it a bloody voice stop his exploration, he had wanted to do this for a while, and he wanted to explore as much as possible.

"Alright...", Bruin said, "but let me know if you hear anything else and No Pushing!!! if you get spooked. I don't want to get shoved into some underground lake or anything because somebody sees a spider or something!!!"

Bruin panned his light along the wall to his right and upwards to where he expected to see a ceiling. The combination of his flashlight and his companions wandlight revealed a stunning geological display.

maori-caves-lg.jpg

Bruin brought his flashlight down again and turned it off for a moment, having noted a bluish-green glow from walls and ceiling above. Nearby, he noticed a small iridescent glow worm, hanging from a thread and beginning a meal on a flying insect that had become ensnared in one of its silk threads. "Check it out...this cave is full of glow worms!!! I'd read about caves in New Zealand having these things, but this is the first time I've actually seen one."

Estrella had not said much this whole time, but when she saw the cave full of glow worms she gasped in awe, "Ooh, pretty!" The cave was very intriguing, and she stepped forward. She looked up at the stalactites, and said out loud, "Don't make too much noise, guys. I wouldn't fancy one of those things falling on my head."

((sry I haven't been able to be on. 1 hour library limits... <_< feel free to godmod me when appropriate, I guess))

Sabriel looked to Bruin when he made his suggestion and stated, "Well I assumed that someone else would have to accio the wand for me, considering the charm wouldn't work without me using a wand." She smirked at him. She knew more about magic than he thought probably, and she wasn't afraid of much. Excited to explore further, Sabriel entered the cave still hand in hand with Kale. She looked around in awe; to her it was very beautiful. She walked over to where the glow worm was and looking at it said, "These a cool."

Bruin laughed a little at Sabriel's comment. "Oh yeah, I suppose it would help to have your wand to summon something. Maybe one of us should have done it for you instead of crawling around on the floor looking for it!". Bruin hadn't doubted that Sabriel was clever, he just remembered that he had known nothing when he first arrived here last year and didn't want to presume that she knew a whole lot of magic.

"Anyways Estrella....your point is well taken...I think we should tread lightly, I don't want one of those things falling on me either.", Bruin turned and pushed on slowly, pausing every now and then to ensure his footing and keep an eye open for any openings in the cavern wall.

Moving back over to the rest of the group, Sabriel cafefully followed Bruin through the cavern with her still out infront of her.

Kale looked around the room in complete awe. "Woah...this place is awesome!" he had never seen anything like this before and couldn't believe a dugneon could lead to this, "How far do you think this goes?" he asked the others.

"I don't know...", Bruin replied, "I mean, I'm know professional spelunkerer or whatever, but based on the draft in here and the way sounds travel, I'd say its part of a pretty big cave system...it might even emerge somewhere outside the school grounds???"

((I have to go to work now, but if you guys need to just godmod me going along with you...see you later tonight.))

George smirked, hanging back from the group, but keeping close. Approaching a small cluster of glow worms on the wall to his right, he took a small glass vial from his messenger bag and coaxed one in before screwing the lid on.

"Neat" He agreed with a nod, still holding the vial in his hand.

Turning to the group, he asked, "What are you kids doing down here, anyway? Just get the urge for some mignight shenanigans?"

"Something like that," Ford said dryly. While not one for nature, he appreciated the silent beauty of the glow worms that seemed to float mysteriously in the darkness. They brought a calm to him that made him forget the troubles he had just encountered. Come to think of it, he hadn't heard any more of the voice since he had turned his back to the center of the room and the group started moving again, but Ford would have to come back here for further investigations.

Kale found himself coughing more and more as the moments passed, "This air is so gross.." he uttered. Not sure of what to say, he decided he'd just follow along like he has been.
Nothing had happend for a few minutes and he began to feel a little anxious with the dark surroundings, "So are we just going to follow this thing all the way down to see where it leads?" he asked, wondering the overall plan of their "adventure".

"So far, that's our plan," Ford said. A small, mischievous grin twitched at the edges of his mouth. Ford's adventurous side was coming out, an event which rarely ever occurred.

Estrella looked around, admiring the natural beauty of the cavern. She thought she saw a light up ahead, and she almost voiced it, but she found it out to be only a glow worm. Something swooped down on them, and it was big and dark. "Eeek!" she shrieked, surprised. But it was only a giant bat, cute and ugly at the same time with its scrunched up nose and dopey ears.

George rolled his eyes and strolled to the head of the group, pulling his wand out as he went.

He turned his head to look at the group, and said, "Come on then, you lot are rubbish." And with that, he started into the darkness of the cavern, hopping over an outcrop of rock as he went.

"Rubbish?" Estrella said in mock offense. "What exactly are you implying?"

George stopped and turned around, looking at the young lady. He recognised her from seeing her briefly with Liz at some point.

He shrugged with mock impassivness. "You come down here and all you're doing is standing around cooing over the glow worms." He grinned. "You're Liz's friend, right?"

Bruin ducked a little when the bat flew overhead and hoped that there weren't too many more where it came from. He then turned to George, trying not to sound offended by George's little rubbish comment or his displeasure at Bruin's slow pace. "By all means, after you!!! But watch your step, I'd hate to see you fall into a hole or something."

Bruin fell into step behind George, taking a quick glance at Kale. He didn't look too well.

George looked at Bruin and raised an eyebrow. "Boys got bite...I like it" He grinned. "I'm George," He said, holding out a hand to shake Bruins'.

"You work at Gladrags, right?" He asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back