🌕 Halloween Werewolf 2023 🐺

header01.png

Please do not sign up to this game if you're not going to be active on the board during play!

Cobwebs flutter in the flickering light from lanterns and candles as Hogwarts is plunged into a Halloween season that feels... just a little different to usual. The stairs creak under the weight of a new threat – a curse that has spread through the student body, turning some of them to monsters, and others into helpless prey. Can the students of Hogwarts ferret out the werewolves lurking in their midst, or will the Halloween season see the school turn to a bloodbath before the costume contest even begins?

TEAM STUDENT must find and eliminate all the werewolves in their midst to win
TEAM WEREWOLF must pick off all the delicious students around them to win.
headerrules.png

Signups will begin immediately and close at 10 am on October 31st, NZST

Once signups are closed, every player will be sent a PM with their role in the game and instructions on how to play that role.
At this point we will immediately begin the first Night Phase. Phases last approx. 24 hours, due to time zones across the board.

Night Phase
No players may post in the thread during night phase, as all students are asleep. During this time, players with night roles may PM me to perform their actions.

Day Phase
When day breaks, the results of the previous night's actions will be revealed. All players may discuss suspicions and accuse others of being werewolves. At the end of each day phase, the player with the most votes will be expelled by the students, for better or worse. Ties will be broken by RNG.

headerroles.png

Student - Their only goal is to survive, and vote out the werewolves around them!
Werewolf - By day they masquerade as regular students, but by night they prowl the school picking off their classmates one by one.
Seer - At night, the Seer uses their powers of prediction to discover the role of one of their classmates.
Fool - Although they fancy themselves a dab hand with the tarot deck and believe themselves a Seer, using their powers of prediction once a night to discover another player's role, the Fool unfortunately receives only random answers.
Prefect - Each night, the Prefect patrols the halls by one student's dorm and keeps them safe from harm, should the wolves come knocking. The Prefect may not guard the same person two nights in a row. If the Prefect chooses to guard a werewolf's dorm, they will be killed instead of the intended target.
Poltergeist – The first student killed by the werewolves will be so frustrated by their fate that they continue to haunt the game, communicating only through emojis and textless gifs. This player may not vote in expulsions, but can use their power to sow chaos around the school. This player may choose to assist whichever team they like, and may switch allegiances at any time.
-
Additional Werewolves - The school will begin with one werewolf, and more will flock to the feast at 8 players, 14 players, 18 players, and 21 players. They must all be eliminated in order for the students to win.
Head Student - At 9 players the Head Student will take control of the situation, working to bring order to the chaos sown by their classmates. The Head Student's vote will be counted twice during expulsions. This role comes with responsibility, so weigh your decisions carefully!
Lycanthrope – At 10 players, one student will start showing a certain kind of promise. Should the werewolves target this player, instead of dying they will be turned into a werewolf and switch teams.
Duelling Champion - At 12 players, the school duelling champion will enter the fray. Upon the Duelling Champion's demise, be it death by werewolf or expulsion by their classmates, their quick wand hand allows them to take one schoolmate with them, for better or worse.
Animagus – At 13 players, one student who's studied hard will gain the ability to take on animal form. Unfortunately, this means that during the night phase if targeted by a Seer, this player will show up as a werewolf, instead of a student.
Quidditch Captain – At 15 players, the captain of one of the Quidditch teams will choose one other player to be their teammate. Should either one of these players die, the other will die alongside them. Both players will be aware that they are teammates, but the Quidditch Captain will not be told their partner's role.
Apprentice Seer - At 19 players, the Seer takes an Apprentice under their wing. Should the Seer perish, the Apprentice Seer will step up to take their place. The Apprentice will not know their true role until the Seer's demise.
headernotes.png

During the day, please make it clear who you are are voting to expel, by bolding their name.
This game is played out of character, so only one account per person. It would be best to keep this account as the one you use for the whole game.
There should be no communicating about the game outside of the thread, other than night role PMs with me.
You may not, for any reason, show another player the PM containing your role. Lying about roles is permitted, using screenshots or direct quotes to prove you aren't is forbidden.

Special thanks goes to ElementalAlchemist from IF/ZB Support, who showed that this game could be played on a forum, has worked out a good number of kinks in it, gave us the code to generate game roles and (most graciously) let us copy his summary of each game role from his post in previous games verbatim. Many thanks!

Let the games begin!
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]
[/LIST]

Nooo Mika!

It does seem kind of random, not sure if there is a lot to go on yet. I am surprised we get the poltergeist's role, but that is helpful. Kadi I think you're right, no other roles would show up as a student (I think)

Thanks for explaining thoughts, whether this randomness was tactical or not, it's hard to say at this stage.

I've copied over Kadi's list and added in the players names for the new page.

Roles:
Werewolf
Werewolf
Seer
Fool
Prefect
Poltergeist/Student - Freya Song [Mika]
Head student
Lycanthrope
Student
Student
Student

Remaining:
  1. Professor Cyndi Kingsley
  2. Poppy Perkins
  3. Amber Chou Wilson
  4. Stefan Archer
  5. Zacharias Chase
  6. Demetrius Wagner
  7. Sky Eriksen
  8. Professor Killian Borisyuk
  9. Freya Song
  10. Lysander Summers
  11. Morrie Ayre

Thanks for the lists Kadi and verity.
I just realised the post I posted both as soon as I woke up and when I got to work were with the wrong account. my own fault for being half asleep and then rushing a post. for those of you who don't know I am Professor Elvera Le Fey.

@Ainsley Lynch I am just reading through the riles. and want to check. for the lycanthrope if they were killed by not a werewolf pre transformation. would they show as a student or a lycanthrope. and if killed post transformation would they be shown as werewolf or lycanthrope?
Thank you

I am just reading through the riles. and want to check. for the lycanthrope if they were killed by not a werewolf pre transformation. would they show as a student or a lycanthrope. and if killed post transformation would they be shown as werewolf or lycanthrope?
Thank you
Rowan feel free to clarify but I think if they're killed by wolves they just become a wolf and are just a regular student until that point.

Also I'm probably going to stuck at work unable to check this again until "night" but for the sake of voting data in the future I did a random name picker. I can provide a screen cap to prove it was random if needed lol. Regardless I'm voting for Professor Cyndi Kingsley.

I'm not a werewolf, so it'll be sad if I end up going so soon into the game.

I'd normally go for someone who was inactive for the first vote, but I figure we've used that strategy enough that the werewolves will know to be active day 1 if they've played before, especially considering how night one went. My gut says it was a strategic choice. So I'm not entirely sure which way to go this vote but will definitely vote soon so I at least have a chance at not dying though RNGs don't seem to be in my favor today xD

I'm not a werewolf,
Classic thing a werewolf would say =))x_x

There really isn't anything to go on at the moment, I'm around for a few more hours so I am going to hold off making any decisions for the moment. Kind of think RNG would be best at this point in the game though.

I am someone who supports voting on day 1 even if its random because it turns into data to analyze later, but I'm going to hold off for a bit longer to see if anyone else has any insights.

Quick phone post thought, I’m curious why Cyndi wouldn’t vote for someone if it would mean giving her a chance to survive? She even mentioned going for a less active person. Which is a good method too I just thought putting a name out there might get things moving.

Who said I wasn't voting? I just wasn't sure if I was going to put my vote towards an inactive or active person and wanted to wait for other thoughts like nearly everyone else seems to be doing.

I do start work in a bit though so can't wait much longer since I don't think I'll make it back before the day phase ends.

I vote for Sky Eriksen.

I have been mulling this over and I kinda think we should vote for someone who hasn't posted yet, not because they are necessarily a wolf, but because they aren't playing the game and it feels fairer to keep in the people who are.

The toss up would be between the following because they haven't posted:

Stefan Archer
Zacharias Chase
Professor Killian Borisyuk
Lysander Summers

We could do a RNG on on them and see who we pick? Open to ideas though if people think that's a bad idea.

I'd normally go for someone who was inactive for the first vote, but I figure we've used that strategy enough that the werewolves will know to be active day 1 if they've played before, especially considering how night one went. My gut says it was a strategic choice. So I'm not entirely sure which way to go this vote but will definitely vote
I think this makes sense, which is why I won't be going for anyone inactive either. It's a conversation that happens every time, and I really don't think it's particularly relevant. The only thing about inactive people is that they contribute less to the conversation so are less 'valuable' to lose, which I do think is a valid point. But it seems a bit harsh on day 1, especially when it is relatively quiet anyway. I'll definitely keep an eye on the quiet people, though.

Quick phone post thought, I’m curious why Cyndi wouldn’t vote for someone if it would mean giving her a chance to survive? She even mentioned going for a less active person. Which is a good method too I just thought putting a name out there might get things moving.
This is a bit odd considering Cyndi explicitly said in her post she probably would vote.
but will definitely vote soon
^

This kind of post seems designed to make people suspicious and always has me alert, though its possible Kadi just didn't ready very closely. Because I don't have a lot to go on right now, I'm voting for Poppy Perkins

@Ainsley Lynch I am just reading through the riles. and want to check. for the lycanthrope if they were killed by not a werewolf pre transformation. would they show as a student or a lycanthrope. and if killed post transformation would they be shown as werewolf or lycanthrope?
Thank you
If the Lycanthrope is targeted by the wolves, there will be no death that night.
If the Lycanthrope is expelled by the students, they will show up as a student.
If the Lycanthrope is expelled by the students AFTER being turned by the wolves they will show up as a wolf.
The Lycanthrope currently believes themselves to be a normal student, and will only find out their true role if targeted by wolves. (Or after the game is finished.)

A bit less than half an hour to go, if anyone wants to get a last second vote in!

This kind of post seems designed to make people suspicious and always has me alert, though its possible Kadi just didn't ready very closely. Because I don't have a lot to go on right now, I'm voting for Poppy Perkins
It was just me not reading very closely and maybe not working things the best but that’s from work posting lol. But fair enough.

night01.png

With danger around every corner and no clear way of knowing where to seek it, the school descended to chaos, heated debate taking the place of ghost stories as Halloween drew closer. As the sun set, one voice rang true, and the die was cast. Packing up her tarot cards, the Seer, Sky Eriksen, had been expelled never to return.

IT IS NIGHT
Night roles have 24 hours to PM me with their actions.

day01.png

Dread flooded the halls of Hogwarts as the students rose to face another day, and were met with another tragedy. When one among them failed to show up in the Great Hall, a decision was made to form a search party. A search that didn't last long, as they quickly found @Professor Killian Borisyuk's remains, tea leaves ice cold in their cup as a Seer had been taken from their midst.

IT IS DAY
Players have 24 hours to discuss the situation and choose who to expel.

Here's a new lineup x_x

Roles:
Werewolf
Werewolf
Seer/Fool - Professor Killian Borisyuk
Seer/Fool - Sky Eriksen
Prefect
Poltergeist/Student - Freya Song
Head student
Lycanthrope
Student
Student
Student

Remaining:

Professor Cyndi Kingsley
Poppy Perkins
Amber Chou Wilson
Stefan Archer
Zacharias Chase
Demetrius Wagner
Lysander Summers
Morrie Ayre

Damn! This is not a good start! Thanks for updating the list Kadi, it got me thinking about the head student role.

@Ainsley Lynch are you able to tell us if Mia was chosen by RNG?

@Ainsley Lynch are you able to tell us if Mia was chosen by RNG?
I'll allow you to draw your own conclusions from the information available :r

I'll be honest, I'm still not overly suspicious of anyone. Do people think it was a strategic second choice rather than RNG? The problem with playing this for the first time on here is I don't know people's history on how they play, and that might have some bearing in mind on the part of the werewolves on who is chosen. Which, in of itself, could be revealing on who the werewolves are.

As the sun set, one voice rang true, and the die was cast.
Well this sentence from Rowan's post when Mia died does sound like it was one person swaying the vote. I don't know if that's reading too much into a single line but it's something. So if this conclusion is correct that means Cyndi is the Head Person. Which isn't the most useful role but it does mean she can't be the wolf.

Edit: I still can't believe we lost both possible seers x_x

Ugh, I missed being able to change my vote by like a minute. So sorry, Mia D:

I don't have any suspicions at the moment, but the day just started. Hopefully more folks are active during this day phase.

I don’t think I want to conflate passiveness with inactivity necessarily, especially during the initial day phase. Someone like Kaitlyn or I who are quietly observing are still participating and there may or may not be reasons people want to draw attention to themselves too soon. (Or are flying under the radar)

I’m following along, but I have nothing to contribute so far. I do think it’s interesting that they’ve targeted Kaitlyn right after Kaitlyn showed that she was following along immediately after being called out, and I feel like that could have been a potential angle the wolves could have used to cast suspicions.

Ugh, I missed being able to change my vote by like a minute. So sorry, Mia D:
Who were you going to vote for?

Only 3 people voted the first day.
PlayerVote
Poppy PerkinsProfessor Cyndi Kingsley
Professor Cyndi KingsleySky Eriksen
Amber Chou WilsonPoppy Perkins

And like I pointed out the post does make it seem like a vote is what got Sky expelled which in my opinion makes me believe Cyndi is the Head Person?

I do understand waiting for more game to comment on and being busy but we don't have that many players and I fear if we're too inactive for too long. And I think a good wolf strategy is to lay low and fly under the radar which doesn't do anything to make me less suspicious of quiet players right now.

Why the targeted Kaitlyn is an interesting question? She only posted once and said nothing very suspicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back