Y44 Start of Year Feast

"Fastest way to get here," Milo said simply, refusing to look and check to see if Marnie was still looking this way and sighing when the girl pressed him. "Yeah, someone was bothering me, my sister. Though she's more like a bother am I right, yeesh," he said, feeling quite pleased with his own word play. "Ahh right, Kingsley okay. I bet she does though. Or maybe she just flies out the window to get downstairs, that's what I'd do, who wants to take all those stairs just to eat dinner or whatever," he explained. He liked the girl's energy, but maybe she wasn't too quick on her feet. That hat had said Milo would do well in Ravenclaw too after all. @Senna Overby

"Leda Layton," Ten replied to the Head Girl, although given that her aunt was now in her mid twenties there was a good chance they'd never actually met. "Slytherin won that year too, and they won Quidditch with her as Captain." she added, recalling some of the stories she'd been told. Between her and Wendall, Ten had gathered a good amount of knowledge from the school and what it would have been like to attend, although it was already proving to be more extraordinary. "If I hadn't gotten Gryffindor, I think I would have liked Slytherin," she added, figuring she knew enough of her family members that had been in the snake house too that she could have done them proud. Being in Slytherin didn't mean you had to be rude, like some girls, it just meant that you knew what you wanted and you were going to get it. Not wanting to stay too long and annoy the Head Girl (after all Ten knew that she could be a little loud and irritating) she gave her another smile, "see you around!" she added, before hopping back over towards Ned at the Gryffindor table.

@Celia Vuong

Cameron snorted at Brevity’s response, shaking his head. “Guess that’s one way to do it. At least you bombed them on purpose, doubt I’ll have the same excuse,” he said with a shrug, picking at his food. “What are you gonna do then, once you turn 17? Move out and stuff?” It was a weird idea, as much as Cameron didn’t exactly love living with his Mum, he couldn’t really imagine living anywhere else but there or Hogwarts. Was everyone planning to move out the second they passed their NEWTS? @Brevity Boone

Celia nodded. "We didn't overlap, but I recognize the name." She'd come across it while going through old Slytherin Quidditch records, looking for alumni who she could solicit donations from for the team fund she'd started. She had skipped over Leda since the woman was apparently working as a journalist, and Celia doubted she would be able to donate much. "She was a seeker, wasn't she?" She had to resist the urge to snort at the girl's comment about houses and instead managed a faint smile. "Perhaps. But at least now you don't have to live in the dungeons." Slytherin wasn't the most embarrassing house (Hufflepuff), the most annoying house (Gryffindor), or the one filled with the most weirdos (Ravenclaw), but it was definitely the worst out of the four. Between its students, head of house, location in the castle, and history, Slytherin had very few redeeming qualities. Though this girl was fairly tolerable for a first year, Celia was glad when she decided not to overstay her welcome. "See you," she said, returning the smile.

@Amortentia Layton-King

Users who are viewing this thread

Back