Camilla
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Straight 15" Ash Wand, Essence of Mermaid Scale
@Anisha Khatri v @Terror Zhefarovich

Gabrielle thought maybe this was some sort of divine punishment for her wrongdoings as she stood up to proctor the final round of the day. She knew both Anisha and Terror were intelligent, and very different. She had no doubts that they would both fight fiercely, though she hoped it wasn't physical like the second years or dubiously legal like the seventh years. "Alright, congratulations on making it to the final round of the tournament, you two. The winner will be our third year champion. Let's have a nice, clean match, please. When you're ready, bow to your opponent, and then you may begin."

The duel begins now. You have 24 hours from this to post your first reply, or face disqualification. Once both duelists have posted, you will have 24 hours from your opponents post to reply, or be disqualified. Ensure that you use the spell list for guidance on age-appropriate spells, and read over the dueling rules and points system. Please also remember site rules apply, including power/god modding. You can find the site rules here. Duels will run until there is a winner or until 6 IRL days have passed, in which case the winner will be chosen by RNG. If you are knocked out or otherwise disarmed/incapacitated, or if you run out of points, you will lose and the duel will end. Have fun!

As an added note: Spectators are allowed to post in this topic once per competitors post, but are forbidden from directly interfering with the duels.

Current Points: 150
Terror had not expected to have won against Savannah, but here he was. For someone who didn't care about the tournament, he got further than he thought he would have. He got to the platform, and bowed to his opponent. With a smirk on his face, he fired out, "Reducto!" Might as well start strong.
Action(s) Taken: Cast spell
Point Changes: -5
Points Remaining: 145

Current Points: 150

Anisha had known she would be in the finale, but she wasn't sure if Terror was any good. Probably, if he had made it here too. Though he had skipped a round, and she hadn't. Anisha bowed to the Slytherin, throwing up a shield. She didn't trust him, and his first spell proved her right. She cast one back at him. "Incendio!"
Action(s) Taken: Spell cast x2
Point Changes: -10
Points Remaining: 140

Current Points: 145
Didn't expect such a spell starting out. Terror put up a shield and fired back a spell that wouldn't end the duel immediately. "Furnunculus!"
Action(s) Taken: Cast spell x2
Points Remaining: 135

Current Points: 140

Anisha stepped back slightly and put up another shield charm. The spell he cast wouldn't have knocked her out, but it would be unpleasant. She cast one in return. "Rictusempra!"
Points Remaining: 130

Current Points: 135
Hmm, was she trying his tactic? Likely not. He dodged the spell that would make a joke out of him. Terror could not humiliate himself like that. He smirked, "I honestly expected more from you, Anisha." Terror then sent out a Trip Jinx in her direction.
Action(s) Taken: Dodged, cast spell
Point Changes: -15
Points Remaining: 120

Current Points: 130

Anisha couldn't help lauging as Terror talked to her. She blocked his spell and looked at him mockingly. "Did you?" She asked, not believing it for a second. He was trying to mess with her head, the way she had with Dorian. But that wasn't going to work, it wasn't like she gave a poop about what Terror thought of her, after all. "Stupefy!"
Points Remaining: 120

Current Points: 120
Terror did enjoy taunting people, mainly for their reaction. Plus, it made the duel even better, with some character rather than just some students throwing spells at each other. "I figured you'd be running your mouth or doing more damage." Terror blocked the spell, and sent out the Jelly Fingers curse toward the Gryffindor's direction.
Action(s) Taken: Cast spells x2
Points Remaining: 110

Current Points: 120

Anisha dodged Terror's spell by ducking out of the way, that was closer than she would have liked. "I thought you'd be better at mindgames." She shot back before casting an Antler jinx. It had served her well in her last duel.
Action(s) Taken: Spell cast, spell dodged
Point Changes: -15
Points Remaining: 105

Current Points: 110
Oh, she thought that he would be better at mind games? Terror blocked the spell, barely, and chuckled, "I don't need to be good at mind games with you. All I have to do is bring up pathetic mudbloods and you would lose your sh*t." Terror fired back a verbal Everte Statum at her.
Action(s) Taken: Cast spells x2
Points Remaining: 100

Gabrielle was relieved that the duel had started off fairly innocuously, unfortunately that peace could not last. By this stage, she was a little used to students giving each other a hard time (though the frequency of it was something she wondered if she'd have to bring up at a staff meeting). And she didn't want to interfere in the duels any more than she had with Celia and Caleb, but she raised an eyebrow at Terror's choice of words. "Language," she said, reproachfully. It was 2060, after all. Gabrielle thought the community was well beyond using such slurs, and hadn't thought students would use them.

(The swearing was something she'd turn a blind eye to, though.)

Current Points: 105

Anisha managed to block Terror's spell, but he was right, his words did infuriate her. She tried her best not to show it, though. She'd have to stay calm and collected, couldn't show him any weakness. "Whoa, you're the one tossing slurs around out of nowhere. That counts as losing your sh*t." She said, glancing at the proctor. That wasn't enough reason to be disqualified? Stupid. "Really? That's it?" She said, before casting a Jelly Fingers curse his way, more determined than ever to beat him.
Points Remaining: 95

OOCOut of Character:
24 hour warning! This duel will end in 24 hours and a winner will be chosen by RNG if a winner has not been chosen beforehand. Please don't make me give everybody in this tournament detentions.

Current Points: 100
Terror smirked, and glanced over at the proctor when she warned about language, but he wasn't sure if she meant the slur, or the cussing. Interesting. He dodges the spell and shrugs,
"Seems like you are really eager to win this duel. To beat me and all, maybe blast me off stage. How's this." Terror stepped off the stage, effectively disqualifying himself. "I don't care about the duel, so you can have the title. Enjoy it, Anisha. Consider it a gift from yours truly." Terror gave a little wave and a smile to the proctor, and the victor.
Action(s) Taken: Forfeited
Point Changes: -100
Points Remaining: 0

Anisha's mouth dropped open once she realized what was happening. She spluttered an stepped forward. "Wait- no!" She yelled. "Hey, get back here! I'm going to beat you properly-" She huffed in rage, following him to the edge of the stage. "I'm not winning by default! Come here and let me beat you!" She yelled, not caring that it was undignified in front of the audience. The audacity he had to give her the victory like it was his to give, like he would've won if he hadn't. Anisha was furious, but she barely restrained herself from launching a spell after him. She didn't want to win like this, but she didn't want to be disqualified either.

Celia absolutely did not want to be here. She did not care about this tournament, she did not care about its participants, and she definitely did not care about this duel. If it were up to her, she'd be out on the pitch, smacking bludgers and imagining each was Caleb's or Professor Moncrieffe's face. Unfortunately, as the SDA president and tournament organizer, she was obligated to stay until its end.

It didn't take long for Celia to zone out. Terror and Anisha were just third years, and neither of them knew any particularly interesting spells. Besides, Celia was much more preoccupied with the unfairness of her own duel. She was busy seething over that duel when she was immediately pulled from her thoughts by the usage of a slur in this one. Celia looked up sharply, gaze darting to Professor Moncrieffe, and for the second time that day, shock bloomed into outrage.

"Language." "Language." A student had just used a vulgar slur, on par with a racial epithet, and all Professor Moncrieffe could say was, "Language." Celia gave the woman an incredulous look. Not even a few hours ago, Professor Moncrieffe had disqualified her for a spell under the guise that it was inappropriate for a school duel. But now a slur was considered appropriate? A failed spell merited intervention but the weaponizing of a highly offensive term for a minority group didn't? What kind of f*cked up school restricted its students from doing advanced work but allowed them to use blatantly discriminatory and dehumanizing language? It was revolting.

Celia narrowed her eyes as Terror forfeited, as if the whole purpose behind his participation in the tournament was to have an audience for his hateful speech. She couldn't blame Anisha for being furious, but Celia silently willed the younger girl not to do anything stupid. She had no doubt that Professor Moncrieffe would immediately crack down on Anisha if she so much as put a single toe over the line, never mind that Terror had just used a slur in front of half the school.

Gabrielle knew she should have done more, but it was an awkward spot to be in of not wanting to intrude too much but also knowing she had to take some sort of initiative. Nobody had really prepared her for this. It seemed that Terror made the decision for her, though, and she stepped up with a sigh. "Anisha Khatri is the winner of this duel, and our third year champion!" She smiled at the girl, before turning back to Terror with a raised eyebrow. "Oh, and mister Zhefarovich? Let me make it quite clear, if I ever hear you use the m-slur or any other outdated offensive terms like that again, you will be spending the best part of a semester in my office doing an intense research project on why it is we do not use those words. But I will be taking house points as a reminder." She felt bad for Anisha, as it was not the best way to win, but a win was a win regardless.

Terror rather enjoyed the entire blow up of the Gryffindor, though he would have expected her to have shot a spell at him. He raised his shoulders but that cocky smirk on his face remained. But the fact that she didn't win by beating him in a duel definitely was the highlight of the entire tournament, but considering that he didn't think of consequences that would have followed from his language, the sheer fact that Terror didn't really care was evident. Even as Professor Moncrieffe started into him. "That sounds more of a reward than a punishment, Professor Moncrieffe. I'd love to bring the project home to my father so that he can learn as well." Terror paused for a moment, and realized that the word that was really bothersome was not the word 'sh*t' but mudblood. Figured people would get their panties in a twist over some words, no matter how abhorrent they truly were, even if he didn't care one way or another. "Rest assured, I won't be using it anymore. If I had known throwing the tournament would have made her blow up, I never would have resorted to extreme measures." Terror put his wand away and looked toward his twin, who was shaking his head. There truly was too much Chaos in Terror - and it was really starting to show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back