Y43 End of Year Feast

Margo was ready to go home. The year had been a rollercoaster of emotions from start to finish. She had started off so excited but she had wavered almost immediately. Still it hadn't all been for nothing. She had made Heta Omega secretary which wasn't something she had been expecting at all. Her talk with Professor Le Fey had been enlightening at least but she wasn't sure what to do with what she'd learned yet. But the rest, the rest was still so confusing. Valerius hadn't spoken to her in a while and she had started to question where she'd gone wrong. The mysterious rose still lingered in the back of her mind. But Isadora had been right in her letter, if someone didn't want to be honest with her they weren't worth her time. She sighed as she thought about her friend and barely noticed the announcements from the headmaster. If there were such things as end of year wishes she closed her eyes and wished with all her might that her friend would come back. She couldn't spend another year like this. When she finally opened her eyes the food was being served. She decided to take that as a good sign.

Ethan sat by himself. Or as by himself as he could be at the packed house table. Thankfully he had brought a book with him and flipped through the pages as the feast began. He didn't get the point of making such a big deal out of their last meal at school. It was just dinner. A more crowded and loud dinner. He was looking forward to going back to Ernie's and spending time in the shop. He wondered if next year he could work there properly and actually earn money from being there all the time. It felt strange to want and make plans here in New Zealand. He was still hoping his mom would call him and tell him it was time to come home. But realistically he knew it was a false hope. It had been almost five years. He knew he shouldn't give up on her but it was getting hard to believe he hadn't been abandoned and he didn't even realize it at the time. Ethan sniffed and hoped keeping his head buried in his book would keep anyone from noticing his emotions. At least when he was at school it was easier to pretend that he was normal but going back to a home that wasn't really his home made it glaringly obvious. The food showed up as he reached up to wipe at his eyes. He wasn't very hungry but he picked at his food anyways.

Leah was unsure what her break was going to involved. But she knew it was her father that would be meeting her at the train station at least. She hoped she'd get to stay with him most of the summer but she doubted it. Her last visit with her mom had gone poorly. Or rather, it had been fine but she had been dreadfully bored. At least if she was with her father they'd be at his new home on the coast and she could explore the abandoned light house down the road and focus on decorating her new room. She just hoped neither of her parents looked at her grades. They weren't bad but they weren't good either. She had slipped up somewhere and she knew they weren't going to be happy with her if they remembered to check. Leah looked up and rolled her eyes as Slytherin won the house cup again. One day someone else would beat them. It was starting to get old. When the food finally arrived she filled up her plate, not wanting to miss out on anything.

Santiago didn't think the end of the semester could come fast enough. He had been practicing the speech he was going to give his parents once he got home. It would cover all the reasons he had learned his lesson and should be transferred back to his muggle school next year. It included promises for perfect grades and behavior, even though his grades this year didn't exactly prove his ability for such a thing. But it was only up from there if they really thought about it. He used the tip of the butter knife to cut a hatch pattern on the table as he waited for the food to get there. He wondered if he'd get in trouble but if his plan worked there wouldn't be any consequences.

Anisha sat with Raafe, as usual. She couldn’t help scowling up at the decorations when they turned into Slytherin-colored ones, but she had to admit it was kind of nice for Indi to win again in her final year. It had to be the last time, though, it was Gryffindor’s turn. Anisha snorted when she saw Leah roll her eyes. “Sick of green and silver too?” She asked as she started piling food onto her plate. She was pretty hungry. She stabbed a piece of potato with her fork and waved it at her. “Try answering more questions in class.” She added in a faux-serious voice.

@Leah Thorne

Ezra hadn’t expected Felix Carnahan to sit so close to him. He was practically next to him, looking pensive. Ezra looked at from the corner of his eye, wondering if he should say something. He was too shy, which was unusual for him. But he had the feeling he had made a weird impression on Felix before. He wanted just the right thing to say, and he contemplated it as the food arrived, sneaking glances at the Quidditch player every few seconds.

Last edited:
Third year had been different for sure, not bad different, though Marnie definitely felt more busy than before. Still, it was cool to think they were becoming proper older kids at school now with elective classes and even her brother joining the school next year. Maybe she could even get a girlfriend or boyfriend next year, she thought dreamily, distractedly casting her eyes over the Slytherin table until she heard Penny sighing next to her.

"Of COURSE we'll meet up if I go anywhere you can come too but no I don't think we'll have Milo's starting school next year so we have like double the school shopping to do and if I don't try to get it done early I just know I'll forget something and I don't want to spend the whole semester asking to borrow all your quills again though we totally have to make Milo and Holden be best friends as well right wait you're not gonna go anywhere are you oh maybe we should do our own girl's trip that's totally a thing we could go shopping or camping or something I've never been camping I'm too scared of spiders but maybe if we do like nice camping without the tents there'd be less spiders, right?" She chatted happily. @Penelope Marshall

Salem knew she should probably be worried about the school year ending, a lot of her classmates were, but while she'd definitely miss parts of school, she couldn't help but feel lighter as the feast started. Sure, she had no idea what she was going to do after she got home, but the idea that she could wake up and do whatever she wanted, no classes, no places to be unless she wanted to go? It sounded amazing. She could go anywhere again, though as she glanced over at Natalia at the Slytherin table, she wondered how far she'd really want to go on her own anymore...

She was knocked out of her thoughts when she heard Louis and Isaiah talking nearby, laughing at the news that he'd picked Louis and Zephryn to take over the team next year. "So you going to be asking everyone at work for Quidditch tips then?" She asked, giving Louis a little congratulatory nudge. @Louis Alcott

As usual, Penelope just let Marnie talk and tried her best to keep up as her friend's brain jumped from point to point without seeming to stop. She blinked when Marnie mentioned Holden, though, holding up a hand to stop her. "Sorry, what? I don't think Holden would be a very good friend for Milo." She said quickly. "He's... kind of rough around the edges. I don't think we can do that to your little brother." She had seen Milo in passing and he seemed so tiny, Penelope feared Holden would eat him alive. She shook her head. "I'm not going on a trip. I don't think my dad will let me go camping with you or anything." She added a little sadly.

@Marnie Frogg

Rene knew he should be overjoyed about this year, and he was. They'd won the Quidditch cup in his first year as captain, passed his apparition exam, and he'd somehow gotten an amazing, beautiful girlfriend, but he still couldn't shake the feeling it'd all fallen in his lap somehow without him doing anything. Gwen was possibly the only person who seemed to really care that he'd made captain, and he'd barely landed a single hit in a game this year. And now they had to defend their cup title next year right as he was trying to graduate. Maybe the only place to go from here was down, he thought with a sigh, tucking his chin into his palm and poking at his food.

"What do we have to be so moody about, aye?" He asked, spotting Felix who also looked about as thrilled about the feast as he did and raising his fork in a toast of acknowledgement. @Felix Carnahan

Mercury looked around the table as she sat on the edge. The loneliness of that last two years was starting to get to her. She didn't really have a group of friends, even if she was friendly enough with her roommates. But making friends was so hard for her for some reason. She never seemed to be likeable for enough for people, and then there was the whole thing where she stared off into space like she was seeing things, something most kids her age thought was weird.

Before she knew it, the students around her were eating, and she wasn't sure how long she'd been staring at the wall. Mercury had barely noticed that all the decorations around her were green or that there was a giant bowl of fruit in front of her. Tucking her hair behind her ear, the Ravenclaw grabbed some pieces of orange and nibbled on them as she looked around at the other students laughing and enjoying each other. Maybe next year.

Silas clapped for his friends in Slytherin as he entered the hall; no one else was clapping. He thought it was great that they had had a successful go of things again. He took a seat near some of his friends and cheered and clapped for everyone. Silas knew there were some classmates among him that were bitter for no apparent reason, whether for not being a top points earner or their house losing. But he knew it was all in the way of school spirit. He had enjoyed his year, but he knew that next year was important, as well. Not that he was really considering a job that would required any excessive amount of OWLs. But he knew that his professors would think that kind of stuff was important. And he wanted to be good at whatever advanced magic there was left to learn.

i think this is the worst post i've ever written

Enzo was pretty hyped about how his year had gone. He felt like he was coming into himself and who he was supposed to be, not who he was expected to be. Having access to all the information through the library and his friends felt freeing. At the same time, he knew it was getting harder to hold his tongue at home with her parents, particularly his father. Enzo hoped that during the winter break, he would be able to say he was studying and avoid any specific conversations about what he was looking over.

He looked down the table towards the staff table, seeing Tempest as his eyes moved. He was glad to have her here, and he knew some of his other siblings would soon be on their way, as well, but he didn't think she was adjusting well. He had hoped school would open her eyes as much as it had to him, but so far, he hadn't seen much of a change in his sister. He felt proud of his house winning the cup and politely clapped while others at his table were a little too ferocious with their excitement. Laughing to himself, he was thankful to eat his favorite fish before heading back home, as their usual diet was heavily influenced by his father's favorite Russian meals. He took a bite and started chatting with some folks next to him.

Veronique had been too busy packing that she completely forgot about the end of year feast. Rushing down, she heard the Headmaster speaking and stood just outside the Great Hall doors, leaning against the wall as he announced top points earners. She didn't know Aine very well, but the girl seemed to be really good at everything, or at least classes and not getting into trouble. The Hufflepuff was kind of jealous, and at the same time, she wanted to ask the older girl for advice so she could do better next year. Veronique had a lot to live up to, especially now that Elara was leaving, and since there was no way she felt confident enough to achieve Elara's popularity status, she hoped to make a name for herself some way.

As the Great Hall filled with noise, Veronique peaked in and saw students eating, seeing her opportunity to join. She quickly walked towards the Hufflepuff table and sat herself beside Penelope, hearing the tail end of her conversation with Marnie. She personally hated camping, but at least Marnie was doing something fun over break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back