Y35 Pride Event

Maggy was surprised when it was suddenly her time, she felt like it hadn't been very long from when she had joined into the line. She glanced around her mind still wondering where Acacia had gone to and not on what she wanted painted. "Oh uhm, you could do whatever you like I suppose," she said not too sure the two painters were really up to do anyways. "I don't really have any ideas on what you can do, this is my second time coming to the event really," she admitted feeling a bit bad already being much older than the girl in front of her.
@Avaria Lockwood

Lumio looked at the older boy and nodded as he confirmed what Lumio had thought that they were hand made. It was pretty amazing. He thought about the offer, the finished crowns were way better than he thought he could ever make, but Lumio decided that it would be pretty good. He knew he would need help and was pretty pleased when the younger of the two girls offered her help. He took a long look at the crown she had pointed to before nodding, ”Okay!” he said, what was the worse that could really happen. He wasn’t going to be so bad at this he’d get it entirely wrong. ”How do you get started?” he could assume that would be the easiest part, was getting starting, in picking the flowers that he wanted to use and then the complicated bit was putting it all together.

Lucas had been surprised about the pride event at Hogwarts, as he hadn't known wizards would have pride too. He knew about it, but had never attended a celebration like this before. The great hall looked really different, but really awesome. It was also very busy, with most of the people attending being much older than Lucas. He eventually ended up at the one booth that seemed to be run by boys close to his age, and they appeared to be making balloon animals. He waited until a person taking a photo of them, and waited until that was done. "Uh, what kind of animals can you make?" He asked once he had the feeling they were a bit more free.

@Lysander Summers @Ajaccio Skey

Poppy smiled as the boy wanted to make his own flower crown. She tried not to bounce with excitement, after all this was her first time helping. "It's very easy! And I can help you." she assured him. "I made this one myself." she said gesturing to the lavender on her head, it was a little messy but she loved it and it smelled nice. "You just need to pick you what colors you want!" she said. "And then you just kind of braid them all together. I'll show you!" she insisted and grabbed a couple of daisies off the table and started to demonstrate.

@Lumio Skey

Teddy knew about Pride events from reading about them, but he'd never had to opportunity to attend one. He was certain his family wouldn't approve of this event, and suspected that his ma might be one of the people protesting it being held on school grounds. It was for that reason that Teddy headed to the Great Hall, terror that she might find out mixing with his curiosity. He needed to find out more information before making up his own opinion. He felt too intimidated to approach any of the older students, but spotted a Ravenclaw in the year above him holding some flowers, and hovered nearby to watch the demonstration.

Willow smiled as chante said that the dress suited the colours. she had a vague idea of what pansexuality was as chante had tried to explain it to her but she couldn't remember the details. her opinion was more along the lines of it doesn't matter so long as chante was happy. and she knew that her cousin was always happy when she was in the kitchen, and if doghnuts were the result there was no way she would complain.
as a boy came over to them asking for have a go. and asking how it would be fair if chante was taller. "we can lift and lower them to whatever height you need" she said with a wave of her wand ot lift and lower it. however it seemed chante had other plans as she suggested that she played against Abian "sure, i'm down with that. any excuse for one of your doughnuts" she said she then looked back at abian. "Whch one do you want? and chante can count us in" she said.

@Chante Ateara @Abian Hunter

Lumio had already begun picking the flowers he would want to use. He then looked at the girl as she then demonstrated how to do it. He nodded along and then began to try it himself. He could tell her was not particularly good at it from the get go, but he pushed on. ”I’m Lumio by the way,” he told the girl, he knew he was distracting himself, and he did end up making a mistake but the girl was being nice to him, and helping him with his crown, he might as well tell her who he was in the hopes of her telling him who she was. He managed most of a first braid, but it was pretty poor. He was still however enjoying his attempt, ”It turns out, I’m not very good at this,”

Poppy nodded encouragingly as the younger boy started to weave the flowers together. She kept a firm grip on the flowers she used as an example, to keep herself from reaching out and just doing it for him. She had to let him do it on his own, that was the point of all this anyways. "I'm Poppy." she said brightly when the boy introduced himself. "Lumio is an interesting name." she blurted out, and suddenly hoped he didn't think she thought the name was weird. Interesting could be a lot of things depending on the conversation. "It's very lovely." she added, trying to make clear what her comment meant. "You're doing great!" she said, taking a closer look at his progress. "You can't really do it wrong." she said with a laugh, and noticed there was a younger Ravenclaw boy watching. "Do you want to make one too?! I can help you if you don't know how?" she asked and waved him over.

@Lumio Skey @Theodore Hoshino

Abian grinned as the girl took her on his challenge. He pointed to one of the donuts. "That one." He said, then glanced at Chante. "If I win, do I get another?" He asked her eagerly. He thought they looked delicious, and remembered the girl's baking from a bake sale as well. He stretched. "I feel ready to go." He said, hopping up and down a bit in excitement.

@Chante Ateara @Willow Cullen

Chante chuckles at the pair, "You both can have whatever is left over," Chante nods. She steps aside and raised one long arm. "Alright get under a doughnut, let's lower that one a bit for you to make it fair," Chante lowered one string of doughnut down for Willow. She made it so they were dangling right near their mouths. Not too far, not too close. "Ready, set, go!" Sparks flew out of the tip of her wand, popping in the air. Signaling for the competition to begin.

@Abian Hunter @Willow Cullen

Teddy would have been happy just to watch, but thought it might be rude to refuse the girl's offer. "Oh, uh, okay!" he said, as he stepped closer and examined the flowers. Teddy chewed at his lip before hesitantly selecting some lavender, like the crown the older Ravenclaw wore. His fingers moved a little stiffly as he attempted to weave flowers together the way he had observed, and he looked to the girl for guidance. "I'm Teddy, hi," he smiled shyly, with a small wave towards the other boy making his own flower crown.
@Poppy Perkins @Lumio Skey

Lumio smiled encouraging at the girl, laughing a little as she called his name interesting, ”I’m not named after the spell,” he told her, ”I’m named after a town, as is my brother, though his name is also very spell like,” the boy laughed a little. ”But thanks,” he then added. He was managing a little, and while it definitely wasn’t as good as hers he beamed at the compliment. He looked up as she addressed another person, a boy from his year group though he knew he wasn’t a Gryffindor like Lumio was. ”Hi Teddy! I’m Lumio,” he said brightly and in his usual loud tone. He was still managing a little with his crown, it wasn’t particularly good yet but he was getting better at it. He shifted himself a little to give the other boy, Teddy a little more access to the flowers on the table.

Elio thought pride was definitely getting increasingly busy, although he was happy just to work on his own section for the time being. He was just getting the younger girl set up when he spotted the Head Boy, who came over to see how he was doing. He’d not really spoke to to Simon too much outside of the prefect lounge anyway, and that had been talked at more than talked to. “Hey! Yeah pretty good you know, I’m glad for the turn out. Just hoping that people can take something away from it,” while Elio hoped people would also enjoy themselves and have fun, he had also tried to teach them something too. Maybe it would even be subconsciously too, maybe a flag or two would stick in their heads and they’d be able to use it later in the lives. “How are you doing?” He asked Simon, keen not to ask him anything about exams given they needed the break at least for one afternoon, but still wanting to be polite.
@Simon Vanity

Mhairi was glad to see Elliot taking well to a leadership role, and smiled to Poppy who who also knew from the Wild Patch. The Hufflepuff wanted to see what else was going on though, and so excused herself for a moment to see what other stalls were available. She saw @Hermione Walden getting her face painted and smiled at the girl, wondering if she would get something like that done too, The blonde had been looking through the tables when she realised Hudson had come along too, and a wide smile appeared on her face when she spotted him, “Hi!” Mhairi waved enthusiastically at her friend and moved through the students towards him. “It’s crazy here!” she said, meaning that in nothing but a positive way, but it had been a while since she’d seen the hall thus busy asides from one of the main school dances. ”Have you come to show your support?” She asked, voice a little flat but that couldn’t be helped.

Hudson felt relieved when Mhairi spotted him and seemed excited to see him. He glanced around at the face painting and the flowers. He wished now he had joined some clubs while he was in school. He felt a bit lame thinking maybe he would've become friends with Mhairi sooner had he been in the Wild Patch. But flowers and growing plants wasn't really an interest he held. Although he did appreciate the look of them. "It is, I didn't know this many people came," he said looking her directly in her face so she could read his lips rather than looking anywhere but as he might with another person. "I wanted to ask you, I know this might be a bit forward, did you send me a rose this year?" He asked trying to not look too nervous asking her. He hadn't been able to get it off his mind that someone sent him a pink rose and he had been hoping it was her.

Mhairi smiled at the Ravenclaw, glad that she wasn't the only one who thought more people than expected had turned up. What she didn't expect though was his next question, and she raised her eyebrows as she read his question on his lips. She'd not actually spoken to Hudson for a little while, so for it to be one of the first things he asked her took the Hufflepuff by surprise. "Erm.." she wasn't sure what to say, suddenly aware that maybe he'd been expecting one from her in the first place. "What.. what if I did?" she asked the best way she could, glad that she didn't have to use her wand anymore to speak, although she couldn't wait until she'd graduated and she'd actually be able to have a real conversation with someone for once.

He hadn't mentioned the colour of the rose or what he thought of it, but Hudson was feeling a bit let down by the way his friend replied to his question. They'd gone to the Yule Ball together and had spent some time in the gardens talking before that. He wasn't really sure though what she thought of him. "Oh uhm," he said glancing around to see if there was something he could use as a distraction so he wouldn't feel so embarrassed all of a sudden. "What if you did? Uh, well it'd be nice. I just figured you might have as we went to the ball together and the rose had no note, maybe the girl gave it to the wrong Hudson," he said trying to be nice and still face her but unable to look directly in her eyes for very long. He could feel the heat rising in his face and felt funny being such a grown boy blushing over the situation he created himself.

A small smile appeared on Mhairi's face as Hudson was explaining what he would have thought of the rose, although by the time his cheeks were flushing she knew she had to put him out of his misery. The Hufflepuff took the Ravenclaw by the arm, moving him slightly out of the way of the other students. "Yes." She said simply, keeping her eyes on her friend with a smile, "I sent you a pink rose," Mhairi had sent a couple of people a pink rose although she didn't really think anything would become of it. She was pretty sure that he was the only Hudson in the school, and the idea that he thought she may have sent it to the wrong one was a bit funny, although she hoped that the Ravenclaw wouldn't mind that she'd sent him one. He was one of her longest friends after all, but she hadn't meant to make anything strange between them.

Hermione sat as she got her face painted and saw out the corner of her eye Mhairi smile at her, she blushed and waved awkwardly back at her but soon the girls attention was taken by someone else. Once the rainbow flags had been painted on her cheeks she stood up to move around the room. In a moment of bravery Hermione decided she would go over to Mhairi and her friend, she had a burning question for the girl and she wanted to get it off her chest. "Hi," She smiled at the paid though her attention was firmly on the Hufflepuff girl. "I hope I'm not interrupting," Hermione didn't know where the sudden feeling of embarrassment and awkwardness came from, but she was nervous around Mhairi, she'd never felt like that around Eleonora."I got a rose on Valentines day and I was just hoping...I mean wondering, if it was from you,"

She sent the rose! Hudson couldn't believe it, maybe he hadn't been imagining the chemistry he felt with Mhairi after all. He was however interrupted by yet another person asking the same question he asked to the same person. He couldn't believe it, did she have two crushes, was pink rose symbolizing a crush to her? Was it just her favorite colour to send? Hudson felt himself floundering in his thoughts once again. "I'm sorry, but yes you're interrupting me asking that same question to her," Hudson said to his classmate. He hadn't ever talked to Hermione before, he was pretty certain most his classmates thought he couldn't speak from the bare minimum amount of times he had publicly talked in classes and such. "Really? You sent the rose? I couldn't imagine a better person to get a rose from, I wish I had been smart enough, well brave enough to ask you to the Valentine's dance. You should've added a note, I would have if I'd known at the time," he said quickly not able to really hide his excitement about her answer and hoping maybe she liked him a bit more than Hermione (if she had indeed sent a rose to Hermione as well). It was clear to him now that his initial thoughts seeing her here she actually might like girls but now he thought she might be a bit like him, not really having a preference between liking person of a certain gender. It made him happy he had a chance. But, Hermione coming up out of the blue now made him also feel a bit more nervous that he had taken too long and she might opt for this Slytherin woman instead. Even the way Hermione asked about her own rose was much nicer and more endearing than the way he had, he wished he lines like that coming out of his mouth. He decided to try out a line now, not that he had practiced it or anything, certainly hadn't been practicing it in his dorm about 35 times that morning already in case he saw the Queen of the Flowers. "Mhairi, I know this is late in term and it being our last term here but I've been hoping for awhile that we might be able to be more than just mates. I thought maybe you could be my girlfriend if you wanted?" Hudson asked giving a brief glance over to Hermione hoping to not upset her too much, but he had to do this now or he could loose this chance with Mhairi to Hermione for possibly forever. And with things having gone so badly with Vivian he hadn't had much hope for love until he started spending more time with Mhairi.

Mhairi smiled at Hudson for a moment, wondering what he was thinking after she’d told him about her rose. What she didn’t expect was for Hermione to choose this moment to come over and ask her the same question. Before the Hufflepuff knew what to say, Hudson was talking to the Slytherin briefly although she wasn’t entire sure what he was saying. She was too busy trying to calm her bright red cheeks to be focusing, although as the Ravenclaw spoke she watched his lips closely. The seventh year had never been asked to be someone’s girlfriend before and really she’d not thought about it a huge amount. Her heart was hammering in her chest as she felt the pressure between both the students in front of her, both looking at her and waiting for answers she didn’t know if she had. Mhairi did like Hudson, and his company always made her smile, but could she be his girlfriend? He had a point too, they were very close to the end of the semester, and the end of their time at school. How would that even work? Mhairi glanced silently between Hermione and Hudson with confusion on her features as she struggled to know what to say. “I..excuse me,” the blonde moved between them, heading quickly out the Great Hall. Truth be told Mhairi didn’t know how she felt towards them but she knew that there were too many things going on right now for her to be able to even think properly. She swiftly left the hall and headed out towards the Courtyard, not believing that a trip to her last pride event would have ended like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back