Y31 Sorting & Transfers

I didn't realize I made her ambitious until I sorted her.

Maybe having a strict aunt is to blame? xD It suits her.

I am really happy with the result. I figured Isabelle would be a Ravenclaw or a Hufflepuff. It is really interesting since she is the first Walden in Ravenclaw. I think she fits in really well. Now this is my third Ravenclaw! And now I am done with sorting, so sad.. But I will keep it with one. :shifty:

Im sorting Kishen this year, and I just really hope he doesn’t go Hufflepuff. Maybe Slytherin because he’s so bittter about Hilton lying to him?

Really pleased with my two girls.

Knew Rainey would be a Slytherin, she's a snake through and through (part of me hoped for Gryff just so she'd be with Caspian :p )

I aimed for Ravenclaw with Teliko (she would have been my first Claw - I just can't seem to get them haha!) but as I made my way through the form her Hufflepuff traits shone out to me the most so i'm not that surprised :D

I am very happy with my results :wub:

Artemis is Gryffindor, as expected, and the more I completed Kaimana‘s form the more it leaned towards Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, and she got Hufflepuff so I am quite pleased with that, too!

Let the plotting begin :shifty:

Uno Bear said:
I'm just sorting Uno, I always thought she'd be a Gryffindor, but the more that I find out about her, the more I think she'd be suited to Slytherin as well :p I can't wait for sorting!
Muahahaha bring it Slytherins!

Two puffs for me :party: :party: :party:

I've never had all my students in one year in the same house before. It'll be interesting!

Amber Chou Wilson said:
I'm actually really curious what made the hat decide Gryffindor was definitely not Abian's house :o because it was mentioned in his text and everything.

I'm definitely not disagreeing, but I really am interested in the reasoning behind it xD
At a glance, his application reads very Gryffindor - fun, laid back, adventurous - and on the surface, he would probably be confused for one. But, when you delve into his application and the reasons behind why he wears the facade he does, he really does seem more Hufflepuff. His underlying need to protect his family and take care of them, the loyalty and dedication that it'll take to accomplish this goal and the anxiety of not being able to do but still somehow struggling all on his own to not worry others is all Hufflepuff. /short explanation

Thank you for the excellent explanation!! I love talking/thinking about houses (wrote a small essay to Jasmine the other day about why I think Tristan is still a good fit for Hufflepuff xD ) and this makes perfect sense to me!

I wrote Kaitlyn an essay once on why Chaos was a Hufflepuff, and seeing him as a dad has me even more convinced. :p

Hufflepuff is one of those houses that generates a lot of discussion because people have different opinions about it, but it's definitely my favorite! (Surprising, I know xD ) I love more complex Hufflepuffs that aren't so obvious :D

Slytherin! I am so happy for this choice!

Kendrick, was up in the air for me and not.

I'm good with this house for him. :lol:

Welp, when did the Maxwell even started having Hufflepuffs? Oh yeah, when Arle screwed it up xD Alec is perfectly a Hufflepuff and basing her to me, yeah, this will be a fun character to play.

I saw the Ravenclaw traits in Dymphna so I wasn't surprised about the hat's comment!! Half of me expected her to go there. But I'm happy she went where she wanted to be ^_^

Definitely did not think that Rafael would end up in Gryffindor when I worked on him. While working on the sorting form I saw both Hufflepuff and Slytherin traits in him but I'm happy nonetheless.

My first Hufflepuff boy :wub:

This is what I was hoping for (Although he would have also fit Ravenclaw). I'm so glad for both of mine this year :D

So, three of my planned sorties had been sorted ...

Alec - Hufflepuff
Paisley - Gryffindor
Philip - Slytherin

I was disappointed what did I do wrong on Philip's form. I didn't saw any Slytherin traits at all on him or maybe me winging it made it more obvious. He'll be my forever kid who was unintentionally placed by me on a wrong house

I've never worried too much about what houses my character gets, and there have been a number of times when I haven't considered a particular house, only for it to end up being the exact perfect placement. Honestly, more often then not, I do the bare minimum for the app and then take into consideration the characters placing to decide how they are going to develop. I always prefer to have my character develop into their house, whether that be a good thing or a bad thing. I've had characters better off for their houses and I've had characters made worse because of their house (moreso the people around them) and it's always great fun.

So I'm sorting 7 this year ( I regret this already, someone kill me now.)
Alexis Cavanaugh - wasn't sure // Ravenclaw
Elsie Baros - Hufflepuff // Ravenclaw
Rowan Baros - Gryffindor
Ashita Arai - Slytherin or Ravenclaw
Marco Mariani - Hufflepuff
Jean Summers - Slytherin or Hufflepuff
Evgenia Orlova - Not sure

Alexis Cavanaugh wasn't really a surprise. I wasn't really sure where she was going to be placed, but given her worry at being away from her mother and her need to be able to protect her, I'm really not surprised by this placement. She's wiser than her age would show and she has a strong head on her shoulders. She's had to grow up a lot faster than most and she isn't very tolerant of things she can't control. I don't think she's an exemplary Ravenclaw by any means, but it is a house that will teach her a lot about herself and about her abilities.

Elsie Baros surprised me a little. I thought she would be more Hufflepuff honestly, but Ravenclaw will definitely teach her to be more confident in herself and in her life. Her most outward traits are a strange combination and she's really creative so that is something that she had going for her. She'll be disappointed by not being in Slytherin with her brother, she wanted him to be able to look after her, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm hoping this placement will show her that she is not just the spare, but she is an individual and should be treated as such. (Her family nicknamed her Noni short for no name, because when she was born, no one was expecting it.)

Nadia Kaster said:
I've never worried too much about what houses my character gets, and there have been a number of times when I haven't considered a particular house, only for it to end up being the exact perfect placement. Honestly, more often then not, I do the bare minimum for the app and then take into consideration the characters placing to decide how they are going to develop. I always prefer to have my character develop into their house, whether that be a good thing or a bad thing. I've had characters better off for their houses and I've had characters made worse because of their house (moreso the people around them) and it's always great fun.

So I'm sorting 7 this year ( I regret this already, someone kill me now.)
Alexis Cavanaugh - I wasn't sure with this one
Elsie Baros - Hufflpeuff or Ravenclaw
Rowan Baros - Gryffindor
Ashita Arai - Slytherin or Ravenclaw
Marco Mariani - Hufflepuff
Jean Summers - Slytherin or Hufflepuff
Evgenia Orlova - Not sure

Alexis Cavanaugh wasn't really a surprise. I wasn't really sure where she was going to be placed, but given her worry at being away from her mother and her need to be able to protect her, I'm really not surprised by this placement. She's wiser than her age would show and she has a strong head on her shoulders. She's had to grow up a lot faster than most and she isn't very tolerant of things she can't control. I don't think she's an exemplary Ravenclaw by any means, but it is a house that will teach her a lot about herself and about her abilities.

Elsie Baros surprised me a little. I thought she would be more Hufflepuff honestly, but Ravenclaw will definitely teach her to be more confident in herself and in her life. Her most outward traits are a strange combination and she's really creative so that is something that she had going for her. She'll be disappointed by not being in Slytherin with her brother, she wanted him to be able to look after her, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm hoping this placement will show her that she is not just the spare, but she is an individual and should be treated as such. (Her family nicknamed her Noni short for no name, because when she was born, no one was expecting it.)
Rowan Baros So I knew from her inception that she was most likely going to be a gryffindor. ​She has a very "my world is on fire around me" view to life which I think can be a very strong gryffindor view. She's highly expressive and easily gets intoxicated with life. She feels all her emotions deeply and sometimes struggles with keeping them contained. Brutally honest, sometimes to the point of hurting others and she's relentless in her pursuit of anything. Zennon nicely calls her stubborn, but she's almost like a predator hunting for prey when it's something she really wants. She does know how to take herself down a few knots though and has a variety of hobbies, such as photography and poetry that calm her.

Ashita Arai like her brothers, does not care very much for the people around her. She is much more interested in her own gain and anything she can do to achieve that, is all she cares about. Knowing her family and seeking to distance herself from the rumours, Ashita carries an almost demure outward personality, appearing shy and timid when in the company of strangers. Befriending her is to your own detriment as the moment she thinks someone is useful to her, she'll start plotting ways to use them. She cares very little about the wellbeing or interests of anyone but herself and is most likely to cause you harm than to help you. Hindering her won't help you, as she'll bring you right down with her. Her two faced front and ability to blend in owes to her Slytherin nature. The fact that she's resourceful and respects hierarchy also does her credit.

Marco Mariani ​is first and foremost, a chocoholic. He needs to eat at least one piece of chocolate a day, or he's certain he'll die from rapid change of diet. He's not really interested in whether or not he'll become a great wizard or a member of the famous students of hogwarts or any of that nature, he's simply delighted to have anything to do with magic at all. He loves magic and wants to use it whenever and wherever he can. Because of some conditioning from his parents though, Marco is a little bit prejudice towards muggles. In this sense, he agrees that magic is amazing and anyone who can't use it is obviously kind of backward. You can never truly understand magic unless you grew up around it, in his opinion.

Jean Summers​ is cool, calm and collected. Or at least that is what she tells everyone who will listen. Observation will show that Jean is actually very high maintenance, and taking care of her is harder than taking care of oneself. She's demanding and energetic and always wants more attention than she's getting. She tends to be the most visible person in any room, whether it be because of a loud conversation or because she is wearing something completely ridiculous, she's far from dull. She's outwardly expressive and inwardly judgemental, making herself both friendly and mean in equal measure. Though she doesn't always meant to say hurtful things, she can come across as callous, but hates to be spoken to the same way as she speaks to others. She's strong-willed and ambitious and is determined to have a much better time at school than her mother did.

Evgenia Orlova​ craves attention, but not in a dramatic way, Evgenia is opinionated and expects a certain level of energy from those who she choses to befriend. SHe's not easy to get along with and is likely to suck the energy out of the people around her because she's got such an energetic personality. She's loud, proud and requires at least ten hours of sleep to be her best self, anything less and she's grumpy, annoyed and utterly useless at anything. She loves to experiment with magic, though she's been known to create fake spells that do absolutely nothing, which she then tells er friends its because they're not powerful enough yet and one day it'll work. She's not a liar perse, but she exaggerates often and enjoys the attention she gets by simply announcing her presence.

All in all I'm pretty happy with my predictions and had no confusing or unexpectant results.

Just sorted Paisley. I've been working on her for some time now. I'm stoked! My best guess is Gryffindor---possibly Hufflepuff? Keep you updated.
Paisley was sorted into Gryffindor. Couldn't be happier! She has undeniable desire for adventure, which in her mind is synonymous to purpose. It gives this full circle effect to her lack of belief in anything at all. I will be posting her development page shortly.​

I was only supposed to sort one. But I'm weak, have poor self-control, and ended up with two. :tut:

Rosemaryn was sorted into Slytherin, which I could see fitting very well for her. Rosemaryn tends to be pretty ambitious and resourceful. I find it pretty neat that she was sorted into the same house as her mother was!

Blaise was sort of a wildcard, I sort of took over him at the last minute and had a vague idea of what I wanted him to be like. Ravenclaw will suit him well, and I'm sure he's over the moon about not being in the same house as his twin. ^_^

I only have the one so far! (Hoping to control myself and keep it that way, but we'll see. xD )

I'm happy with Lena's result! When I was filling out her application, I could see her being sorted in either Slytherin or Ravenclaw, though I thought I'd leave it up to the Sorting Hat to decide, and I'm glad I did. :) Out of all of my characters that I have/had in the past, I think she's only my second Ravneclaw? So this will be fun. :)

Gracen Worth said:
As usual, I am only sorting one this year, and I don't have an idea of where he will be placed. I would prefer if he wasn't in Ravenclaw, because that's the house where I have had the most characters over the years and I want that to even out a little :r

But if he does end up there, its not the end of the world, and I'm just happy for the sorting hat to place him wherever is best for his personality/development :D
Pleased with where Gracen was sorted! He's glad too cause he's not in a house with his brother =))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back