Watching the stars

"Well, you looked awfully comfortable a few minutes ago. I wouldn't be surprised if theres drool all over your book bag!" he gave her a playful smile, teasing her in a friend like manner.

"Yeah, what is this fudge that you two keep on speaking of?" he asked, curious to one of the many crazy candies Liz have whooped together..
Noticing Sabriel smile at him, transformed his smile into a even bigger one. Inching his hand closer and closer to Sabriel waiting for the right moment to hold it. Kale smiled while taking another look up to the sky on the cold fall night, Wow...this can't be really happening! he thought to him self gleefully

Sabriel was very interested in Liz's candies because Potions is one of her favorite subjects, and she knew that she had to invent new concoctions for them. She saw Kale moving his hand closer to hers, and she nervously scratched her head then laid her had back down on the grass next to his palm up. With a sheepish grin on her face she thought, I wonder if he'll hold my hand or if he'll be afraid to since I ran away the last time that he tried. "Where did you come up with the ideas for the candies?" she asked Liz, but still was looking at Kale out of the corner of her eye.

Kale listened to Sabriel's question directed towards Liz. He was interested in her candy as much as Sabriel was.
Kale couldn't help but smile, tonight ended up turning out good afterall...Kale noticed Sabriel's hand laid down and thought, If I don't do it now..I never will!. In a stealth like way Kale slid his hand the rest of the way to her, and held Sabriel's hand. Looking towards her as he done this, Kale smiled hoping she wouldn't freak out and run away again.

As Sabriel waited for Liz to answer her question, she felt Kale hold onto her hand. Despite how cold it was outside, his hand was very warm on hers, and it made her feel comfortable. She looked to him, smiled, and gave his hand a reasurring sqeeze to let him know she wasn't going anywhere this time. Thinking about the time in the common room when he ran away from him she thought to herself, I'll have to explain myself to him when we are alone sometime.

Liz grinned, "Interesting secrets, I suppose?" she asked with a wink.

"I have some PG daydreaming charms I wanted to try out." she turned to Courtney. "Oh, also, want to go to the next transfiguration lesson as canaries?"

Courtney rolled her eyes at the two lovebirds. "I'm assuming so."

Courtney jumped up and down. "Yes, we should try the charms, and yes we should go as canaries. That would be way too funny!"

Kale raised his eyebrow at Liz and nodded his head with a laugh. With Sabriel hand in his, he linked his fingers with her cold hands.

"Your hands are so cold!" he told Sabriel with a warm and concerned smile on his face. He held both of her hands in front of him, keeping them warm..he kept a smile on his face

"I would pay to see you two as canaries..." Kale said with a laugh in his voice "You two are always up to no good!" looking at Liz and Courtney he shook his head in a Tsk tsk manner

"What did you get, Liz?!"

Turning to Kale, Courtney shook er head. "Us, up to no good? Look at you acting all lovey dovey. I'd say you are the one who is up to no good!"

Sabriel smiled when Kale took both of her hands in his to warm them up. "Yeah I know, they're always cold."

She blushed at Courtney's lovey dovey comment. "It would be interesting to get the whole class in on it," she said. "A room full of canaries would be awesome."

Liz beamed. "I can't tell you everything just yet! We might use some of it to pull a prank on Kale or Sabriel!" she winked at the two of them. "Anyway, sorry about the drastic measures with the secrecy drops. I was just eager to see you two lovebirds together."

She grinned at Kale. "No need to pay. Just... wander into transfiguration"

Kale grinned. "Watch yourself Potter" he said in a fake stern voice, very playfully.

"That would be great. I wonder what the Professor would do.." he paused for a moment and laughed at the though. Looking down, still warming Sabriel's hands..."I guess we need to watch out Sabriel...we never know what Liz may have up her sleeve.." he was only half kidding with this comment, for he's learned from first hand expieriences. He gave Liz a wink and sat quietly.

Courtney raised an eyebrow at Kale. "Thomas, I work at Liz's shop, you might as well consider yourself pranked."

"It would be awesome to go to tranfiguration as canaries, but Kale and Sabriel are first years. They would have to come into a second year class to see us. I definitely hope to get a detention, maybe write some lines at least...." She babbled.

"I'm not afraid of many things, but I would be afraid of anything that you might give us," she said in a joking tone. She was very surprised by her comment because she wasn't usually one to joke. Her father thought that it was a sign of weakness. She quickly went back to a somewhat blank expression out of habit, but after a moment she looked back to everyone with a small smile. She had opened up so much since she met Kale, Liz, and Courtney, and she wasn't completely use to it yet.

"Ha! I guess you've got a point, POTTER." he grinned

"Gender fudge?!" he laughed out loud "Does that mean I would be a girl?" he thought the idea was amazing..."I would be up for it!" Pranks were Kales favorite past time and he hasn't gotten any detentions yet at Hogwarts...it was defineately time.

Kale looked over at Sabriel, that was the first joke he's heard from her, laughing he gave her a smile.

She smiled at Kale when he laughed at her joke. Looking back to Liz, Sabriel said, "I'd be up for it, but if we use 'gender fudge' then you'd have to find a guy in your class who would be willing to lend me his uniform." Sabriel smiled when she realized that she actually had friends here. She thought that she was going to end up being alone for her 7 years here.

Courtney looked at Liz, "You'd have to get her Gryffindor clothing, there are no second year male Ravenclaws." She winced at her own comment.

Courtney glanced at Kale, "I'm not sure if we should trust you as a girl."

Kale laughed at Courtneys comment, "Why not?! I'll be amazing as a girl.." he began to laugh harder at the thought.

"Courtney, don't you work at Gladrags? We can get a hold of a boy Ravenclaw uniform!"

Courtney smacked herself in the head. "Yeah, I work there. I just wasn't thinking. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong in Ravenclaw. Still, the professor might think it strange that a Ravenclaw boy is in her class for the first time."

Sabriel sat and thought about their plan a bit, it would be fun to do. "Well technically if we were 'visitors' we wouldn't have Hogwarts uniforms would we?" she asked.

Liz grinned. "Well, luckily, I just bought two pieces of gender fudge today. I was hoping to bring back Chester and Eli... but we can get more later!"

She bit her lip. "I'll talk to Bruin. He might be up for a good joke."

Turning to Kale, she bit her lip. "I might have to agree with Courtney. We're making a rule that your uniform is going to stay on you until the fudge wears out."

She turned her smile to Sabriel. "Okay... maybe transfer students?"

"Transfer students could work," she said. Imagining Kale in a skirt when he transformed back into himself, made Sabriel laugh really loud. At the others looks she said, "Oh, sorry. I was just imagining Kale in a skirt." She smile at him and squeezed his hand.

Liz grinned, and nudged Courtney. "So, maybe we should make these two our apprentices. They could learn the ways of mischief."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back