Watching the stars

Elizabeth Malfoy

Liz wandered down to the lawn, and set her bookbag on the ground. She laid down, using her bookbag as a pillow.

Looking up at them, she tried tried to identify constellations. After a short while, she gave up, and settled down to just watch them.

Kale was on his way back from working a shift at Flourish and Blotts, it was a dark evening and a somewhat cold Fall evening...

While walking towards the castle, Kale noticed Liz lying in the lawn looking up at the sky. He hasn't talked to Liz for a while since before vacation, and thought they should definately catch up. Walking towards where Liz was lounging he stood looking down at her, "Hey Liz, what are you doin' down there?" he asked with a laugh, curiously

Liz grinned. "Checking out the world from the viewpoint of grass."

Sitting up, she smiled. "So how've you been? Long time no see."

She was glad that Kale had come by. Her new hobby of star gazing was hindered by her fear of the dark. And I'd feel ridiculous holding a 'lumos' spell for so long. Maybe there's a lantern I can buy in town.

((OMG, of course this has to be done when I can't get to the net except for two hours a day. Curse my astronomy major! It's not helping me! :( ))

As Liz sat up Kale sat down beside her. "Wow, the sky looks amazing" he grinned. "Gee, I know! It's been forever..." looking up at the sky, he replied"I've been good thanks, how have you been? Anything exciting in the world of Liz?" he asked playfully.

"Glad you're doing well!" Liz yawned. "I've been pretty good too. Just opened up the candy shop." she nodded towards the shack on the opposite side of the lawn. "And classes are going well."

After thinking for a moment, she opened her mouth again. "Oh. There's something I've been wondering about. Well, there are loads of things I've been wondering about, but this is one you might be able to help me out with." she laughed. "Well... how close is everyone in Slytherin house? I mean, from what I know, us Gryffindors don't spend much time together as a house. Unless they all hang out while I sleep, but I'm doubting that one."

"Well, thats good...how's bussiness on the lawn going? I've yet to check out your shop!" he said frowning.

"We all get along for the most part...last week Bellatrix and I got into it, though...but thats a different story.." he laughed. "Theres not that many of us...but most people seem to enjoy spending time in the common room...some people seem awfully anti-social though.." Kale thought for a moment "You guys don't hang out? I would expect you guys to be more close.." he laughed. "Aren't you cold Liz?" he asked with a laugh, able to see his breath in front of him he was curious...

"I had more customers than I could handle within an hour of opening! Luckily I've hired Courtney and Estrella to help out. Though, business has died down a bit."

Liz nodded, and thought about the time she spent a couple days ago with Bellatrix. "Bella has been acting... strange lately." she bit her lip. "And maybe the reason there seem to be so few of you is that you're always in the common room!" she laughed. "I really only see you, Sophia, Ford, and Zoe-Hope around."

Thinking for a moment, she shrugged. "I only really hang out with a few of my housemates. Most of my friends are actually in Ravenclaw."

Liz checked her arms. Very very tiny goosebumps, and she didn't feel that cold. Probably since I've practically lived outdoors my entire life.

"I'm not really cold. Are you though? I have a sweater in my bookbag that I could loan you."

"Thats good news to hear, I'll be sure to check it out one of these days." Kale grinned.

"Yeahh, Bellatrix and I didn't have a good start..." he laughed "Last week she tried to choke me." he said in a matter-of-fact type way.

"Nah, I was just gonna offer...it's a common courtesy to ask the lady first, BUT since you have your own.." he laughed while digging through his book bag "I'm just going to have to slip this on" Kale put his arms through the holes of his sweater and popped his head out of the third one...flipping his hair he smiled. "I've never been a big fan of the cold weather.."

"Ohh...speaking of Courtney, how has she been? You two been on any crazy candy making redevouz?" he laughed at the thought of himself in the sparkley pink bikini the first time he met the girls

"I can one up you on a Bellatrix encounter. She giggled of her own free will. And asked me about boys. Jeez, imagine the unexpected!" she laughed.

"Common courtesy isn't very common!" Liz grinned.

"And Courtney? I haven't seen her enough this year! We're going to be getting into some mischief, and soon! Personally, I plan on walking into transfiguration as a canary. I'm planning on a Wheezes shopping spree, which will definitely include some pranking items."

"So what do you think of your new head of house?" she asked. "I wouldn't walk into his class as a canary. He'd probably send me flying off the nearest tower."

"Those sound like great ideas!" laughing, he had the thought of Liz at a giant canary...
"Professor Manteia is a cool guy, but I'll advise you not to do that!...he's much more stern and strict than a lot of the Professors on grounds.." he said in a more serious than normal tone. "I think he has what Slytherin needs.."

Kale eyes widened at the Bellatrix comment "BOYS?" he laughed and put his hand over his mouth acting as if to be a "shy girl". "Ha! I can't believe you got her to open up.." he laughed.

"Well, tis common for me!" he smiled. Kale grew up with many sisters and was always taught to treat girls with respect.

"I haven't seen Courtney at all...she needs to come out from hiding.."

Courtney had been walking around the lawn when she heard Kale mention her name. Jumping out at Kale and Elizabeth, she yelled, "I heard somebody mention my name! What are you guys up to? I hope you aren't trying to plan anything sneaky."

When Kale was in midsentence asking about Courtney, she appeared jumping out of the bushes. Not expecting it, Kale flipped over his bookbag and screamed...Kale always seems to be the one getting punked in these situations. Especially around girls, hes the one that reacts more like one..

"HOLY SHI...!" he looked at Courtney then Liz and laughed..

"Yeah, sounds like a plan.." he said with a wink, getting a helping hand back to sitting up. Looking towards Courtney, Kale smiled "What were you up to before you decided to jump out of the arbor, Courtney?" he laughed

Courtney threw her hands up in the air. "Kale, I was listening to you of course! Plus, you guys would never be able to prank me, ever."

"Ohh...I wouldn't be so sure Courtney!" he said with a sly smile. Looking over at Liz he mouthed "Soon!", and put two thumbs up.

Liz nodded slightly, and winked.

"Nice.. grass we're having." she poked Courtney in the arm. "And where have you been? We've hardly done any goofing off this year!"

Nodding back at Liz, he looked back at Courtney with a mischievious grin.

Kale then sat back and layed on the grass looking up at the stars as the two caught up a bit...

Courtney poked Liz back. "I've been looking for you. I miss goofing off all the time, although I must say, our exit from Borely was very fun. We'll need to daydream soon, actually, maybe Kale would like to join us. Up for daydreaming with us girls Kale?"

Nodding his head, Kale agreed to the offer. "What does it do exactly? I'll be wearing my clothes and talking normal...right?" he grinned and laughed.

That day at the lake was way too embarassing already, he couldn't help but imagine the same thing happening on the lawn...which would be far much more worse..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back