Watching the stars

Sabriel walked out onto the lawn, still upset with how she had left the Slytherin common room. It was slightly cooler out than she thought that it would be, and she rubbed her arms, which had goosebumps on them. Looking up at the sky, Sabriel noticed that it was a beautiful, clear night. She pulled her attention back down to earth when she heard some people laughing. When she looked into the direction of the voices, Sabriel saw Kale sitting on the lawn with two other girls. She didn't know if she should go over and talk to him or if she should go back into the castle, so she just stood where she was.

Kale was starting to forget about what had happened between him and Sabriel less than an hour before taking a breather outside. Laughing and playing around with his buddies Liz and Courtney made his mind go somewhere else...for a split moment he had the feeling that someone was watching them from behind at a distance. Looking at the dark figure he realized that it was Sabriel, his heart skipped a beat when he saw her, he was still embarassed about what had happened in the common room. Crap... he thought to himself. His cheeks went to a dark red in the cold air and goosebumps covered his arms.

Looking at Liz and Courtney he didn't know what to do...he staggered for a moment, nervous. A complete change of attitude came upon Kale once he had seen Sabriel.

Liz looked to Kale and followed his gaze. She recognized Sabriel from the Future Leaders of Magic meeting.

"Hey!" she called over, smiling. "Would you like to join us?"

Sabriel was just about to go inside when one of the girls invited her over. As she got closer she had noticed both girls from the Future Leaders of Magic clubs. Once she came to where they were sitting she said, "Hi, thanks for inviting me over." She quickly looked to Kale and saw that his cheeks were red, and she wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing, then she looked to the ground. She really hoped that he wasn't mad at her, but didn't really know what to say.

Sabriel stood silently still staring at the ground. Well this is really awkward, she thought.

Liz noted the awkward air and bit her lip. After a moment, she held her hand out to Sabriel. "Liz Malfoy. Second year Gryffindor, nice to meet you!"

Kale looked up at Sabriel, Since she had come over...she can't be made at me...right? he thought. Putting his hands in his pockets to keep them warm. "Hi Sabriel" he said with a confused smile, trying to break the awkwardness. Sabriel looked like she really had to say something...but didn't know how. Which made him even more nervous.

Sabriel looked up to Liz, took her hand, and with a firm grip shook it. Thankful that the silence was broken she replied, "Hi, Sabriel Nix. I believe I remember you from the Future Leaders of Magic."

When Kale spoke to her, Sabriel turned to him with a slight smile and said, "Hi." I guess he's not mad at me, she thought. At least he talked to me, and it wasn't to tell me to go away. Feeling a little more at ease, Sabriel sat on the grass next to Kale. Not too close just incase he was mad at her.

Kale listened as Liz and Sabriel spoke to eachother. They've already been aquainted, which was good because things wouldn't be too awkward.

Kale was happy that Sabriel took a seat next to him. Relief struck him, Thank goodness! I didn't freak her out!, he thought to himself, while give Sabriel a big warm smile.

He couldn't help but wonder why she left so quickly though...

"Soo, you guys have already met?" he already knew the answer to his question, but wanted to keep conversation flowing...

Kale couldn't help but smile with Sabriel by his side.

When Kale gave her a warm smile, the tension in the area was lifted. She smiled back at him knowing that they still needed to talk about what happened in the common room, but this wasn't the place to do so.

"Yeah, we're in a club together," she answered Kale. Looking back to Liz and Courtney she asked, "So, how have your classes been so far?" She wondered if the first week of classes for 2nd years was more interesting then it was for the 1st years.

Liz grinned. "Yep! I'm secretary of the Future Leaders of Magic." she turned to Kale, smiling. "Sabriel was at the first meeting of the year."

She poked Courtney again. "So I guess you'll recognize Courtney Potter, my partner in crime."

Liz stretched, "Classes have been a bit... hectic. I accidentally ate one of my own inventions in Charms, which ended in me revealing a secret to Professor Embers. And running a store while taking classes? Busy. I also need to get the team out practicing!"

She nudged Courtney. "Our first one this year is tomorrow by the way." Turning to Kale and Sabriel she grinned. "If either of you run into Ford and Sophia, could you let them know?"

At the moment everything seemed fine and the tension and awkward feelings lifted...for now at least.

"I've really been meaning to join the Future Leaders of Magic...I always have work, which keeps me from going to the meetings..." he thought for a moment. "Is it too late to join?"

"You had to tell Professor Embers a secret?" he laughed. "What candy is that?"

Giving Liz a smirk, Sabriel said, "You like to keep yourself busy it seems." She looked over to Courtney and remembered her from the meeting as well. "I imagine that would be dreadful," she commented about the incident with the candy in Liz's Charms class. Though she was talking to Liz, Sabriel kept taking quick looks back to Kale.

Liz eyed the two of them and how they were interacting. I wonder if they've told each other how they feel yet. If they don't know, they're thicker than I could cut with an axe.

Liz nodded. "Gotta keep moving, I guess."

"Well, to join Future Leaders of Magic, you really just have to come to a meeting. Sophia is the club president. You also need to notify me, so I can add you to the club members list."

Glad for a chance to promote her candy, she beamed. "Secrecy Drops. Makes you tell secret to someone nearby."

"That would be a great prank to play on someone," Sabriel said with a mischiveous smile. "It would be horrible to have to tell a professor a secret though." Sabriel looked over to Courtney and thought, I wonder if she's always this quiet. . "I'll have to stop by your shop sometime," she said, very interested in Liz's concoctions.

Liz smiled. "Of course!" she pointed across the lawn to a small shack. "It's right over there.

"The secret wasn't that bad though. Just a small detail about my old stuffed animal." she laughed. "Luckily, I got to pick my secret. Well, subconsciously. That way friends won't get into quarrels about it."

"Cool, I'll check it out" he said with a grin. Kale looked over at Sabriel, keeping his gaze on her.

Kale sat back and listened as the two girls spoke, laying back and looking up at the stars again...it was getting more cold out and his breath was getting thicker in the air. With a smile on his face, he can still see Sabriel in the corner of his eye.. :)

It was getting quite colder out, so Sabriel rubbed her arms a bit to warm them up. She was pretty much use to the cold, since her father liked to keep the house that way. She looked to Liz. "Huh?" she said off guard. Is it really that obvious? she thought blushing slightly.

Liz noticed her blush, and smiled inwardly. "Oh, you guys just seem like... close. Have you known each other for awhile?"

She took her sweater out of her bookbag, and held it out to Sabriel. Noting that Kale was doing the same, she put hers on herself, hoping that Sabriel hadn't noticed the offering.

Noticing that Sabriel looked cold, without hesitation Kale took of his sweater.. "Are you cold Sabriel?" he asked with a concerned smile. "Here" he held it out to Sabriel

Kale let out the same "Huh?" as Sabriel. His cheeks flushed and he looked down..

"Oh, thanks," she said taking the sweater from Liz. As she pulled it over her head, Sabriel looked to Kale and gave him a little smile. She looked back to Liz and said, "Uh, no. We just met actually in the Slytherin common room." She blushed even more.

Sabriel noticed that Kale had handed her his sweater after she had put Liz's on. "Thanks," she said giving him a warm smile. "You should put it back on. You look cold too."

"Oh!" Liz saw Kale blushing too. "Sorry!" Liz frantically searched her memory for some embarressing moment. Thinking of one, she blushed profusely. "I... er... I thought you two might have been dating or something." she bit her lip, trying not to grin. "Sorry! I swear that the two of you look just like a couple."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back