Walk me home?

((( Ferris Bueller's Day Off :p )))

Professor King chuckled, "Home might be best right now." Professor King agreed, standing then extending cecily a hand to help her up. "May I inquire why you no longer stay in the castle? It could be safer."

Cecily got up with his help, thanking Nicolas while brushing herself off. She thread her arm through his since she couldn't walk very steadily on her own. They were near her new home anyway. "I can't stay there. Not where he lived," she shuddered. "Ever since he left the place just seemed...wrong...off somehow. Now I know why," she said ruefully.

"I'm sure Alicia could find you new quarters." Professor King stated, "Then you'd have the safety of the castle and the soothing knowledge that you're not living where he ever did."

They reached greenhouse five, where she kept her most delicate plants. She'd magically widened the inside while keeping the outside the same size. The smell of daisies, daffodils and lilies was pleasantly strong.

Cecily turned to him, leaning against the wall beside the door. "You're right," she sighed, looking up at him. "It'd be a whole lot safer...considering,"she said, referring to all the events that'd happened that night.

Professor King sighed, "Clearly." he resolved, recalling the very hectic events of the evening. He felt as though he could sleep for days; or at least lie down for years. Which would be more beneficial to him he did not know. He couldn't think in his sleep, but did he want to think? Or perhaps he would rather just escape the world for a few hours, forget hsi troubles, forget the troubles of those around him, and just exsist without trouble or worry. Unfortunatly he knew this too would prove useless. He would have to wake up eventually, which would send him back into the cold harsh reality in which the evening had exsisted.

Cecily touched his sleeve, "You okay?" she asked before folding her arms over her chest. He seemed so forlorn.

Professor King came out of his thoughts as Cecily touched his sleeve. "What's that? Oh, ya... Long night and I skipped the feast so I haven't eaten since lunch." he explained. Looking in Cecily's eyes now. His were weak, tired, but still had some intensity to them. He could go on if he needed to, but he certainly did not want to.

Cecily's eyes locked with his, caught in the intense emotion coming from them. For the first time she felt a flush in her cheeks that had nothing to do with embarrassment. Clearing her throat to clear her thoughts, she broke eye contact by silently clearing her wards to let her enter and opened the door.
"Would you like some tea and biscuits?" she asked, concerned that he'd gone so long without food. If she were being honest with herself, she'd own to the fact that she didn't want to be alone yet. The night held new terrors for her.

Professor King nodded, "I wouldn't mind some biscuits." he started with a weak smile. He wasn't sure how long he would stay, he wasn't sure how long he'd be awake. Perhaps the tea would wake him was his hope.

Cecily returned his smile, leading him through the greenhouse where various delicate and fragrant plants were growing tall and fervent. In one large corner was where she relaxed during her off times between classes. There was an old curio cabinet in the corner filled with a china set. She hung up her cloak and paused to ask for his to hang up before she went and set up the tea service on the small round table by the cabinet. It sat on a wide oval rug.

Once the tea was set up and the biscuits on the table, she waited for him to sit before sitting down and pouring tea into first his cup then hers. She nibbled a biscuit before taking a sip of the hot liquid. She nearly choked when she realized the china set she'd served on was her favorite. And most embarrassing. It was a black and pink pattern with pink elephants dotting the china.

Professor King followed Cecily into the greenhouse, taking care to shut and bolt the door behind him. As they passed the numerous plants he tried to remember the ones he could remember and then just thought about what the others might be used for. This kept his mind off of the events of the evening, if only for a little while.

When Cecily offered to take his cloak he handed it to her with hesitance; his wand remained within it's pocket which made him slightly uncomfortable, but he figured if anything were to happen within the green house he could get his wand. He looked with interest, cracking a small smile as Cecily set out her tea set. The pattern was interesting to say the least. He cleared his face of the foolish smile it had held - not wanting to offende Cecily. He took a seat once the set was on the table and Cecily poured him a cup of tea. He thanked her for it and put three lumps of sugar in before taking a sip. He set it down and took a bisvuit from a tin on the table.

Taking a bite of the biscuit he spoke, "Thank you for inviting me in, Cecily. I may not have made it back to the castle." he winked at the last bit. "Really though -- I do appreciate this."

"It's the least I could do," she said softly, her green eyes glancing off of his and back to the cup held between her hands. She brought the cup to her lips, taking a drink before setting it back down again. A daffodil honked sleepily in the background, causing her to chuckle and glance its way.
She looked at him again, sliding the biscuit tin closer to him and taking one from the tin. "Thank you for saving me back there."

"Well, thank you nonetheless." Professor King continued, taking another sip of tea as the daffodil 'honked' he shook his head, he had always found such plants silly. There didn't seem to be a diffrence in the uses, just that one honked and others were refreshingly silent. As Cecily slid the biscuits towards him he grinned and took another. "You could have handled yourself." he assured her.

"On a clear night, perhaps," she mused, grinning and propping her chin on her hand. She sighed. The tea and chocolate mixed together were making her feel pleasantly warm. His presence made her feel secure. She wondered about him. Before all this they'd only chatted a few times and she felt bad she'd never thought to ask.
"What made you decide to teach here?" she asked curiously.

"The opportunity I suppose." Professor King started, feeling poorly for having to lie to Cecily, or anybody, but he figured eventually the Ministry would no longer require his services and then he could come clean. "Teaching young people things that you were never taught and wish you were -- sharing your experiences. And then dealing with Ms. Green constantly is a bonus to it all." he added with a grin, hoping the events with Bellatrix and the writing on the wall were not too recent ot be made mention of.

Cecily laughed at the mention of Ms. Green. She snorted and covered her mouth with her hand, her eyes wide. "Sorry!" she laughed harder. "That girl will be the death of one, if not all, of us."
Her laughter trickled down until she sighed. "It's nice teaching here,"she agreed. "Shaping their minds, imparting age old wisdom,"her eyes twinkled at him. She sensed he wasn't imparting everything but knew better than to pry.
"Was teaching your first career choice?" she asked, taking a sip of her tea.

"No, definatly not. But it was the best." Professor King replied with a grin. This was not the entire truth, but he made it seem to be. "What about you? Was teaching your first choice of career?" he inquired, taking another bite of his bicuit.

"Astronaut." She laughed and shook her head, pouring them more tea. She picked up her cup and sipped, holding it in her hands. "I think Herbology was always my first choice, although potions was a close runner. My mother taught me about gardening from an early age...it's in my blood, I guess," she grinned.

Professor King blinked when cecily suggested her dream job would be an astronaut. He did not know what an astronaut was though he assumed it to do with the stars from the prefix. He smiled and nodded understandingly when she explained about Herbology and her mother. He wasn't sure if Herbology would be something he would like to have a skill in genetically. It was interesting, no doubt, but he couldn't see himself devoting his life to plants. This only made him admire Cecily more.

Cecily yawned and stretched, wincing as sore muscles made themselves known. She propped her chin on her hand and absently rubbed her upper arm, glancing at him. He wasn't exactly an open book...she wanted to know more about him. She mentally shook her head. Why was she suddenly feeling a pull towards him? It scared her at the same time it made her cheeks turn pink.

"So, um...," she trailed off, not knowing what else to say. There was a lot she wanted to know but didn't want him to think she was nosey.

Professor King smiled at Cecily as he finished his second biscuit and took another sip of tea. He lifted the glass again and looked at it, "An interesting design." he stated. Having been wondering about it for a fair while now.

"Oh." She could feel her cheeks flush again. "It's the first tea set I'd ever gotten,"she explained, a shy smile on her lips. "My parents bought it for me when I received my Hogwarts letter." She could still remember the excitement they'd all felt and the way her mom had cried that her 'baby' was leaving. She'd went and bought the tea set that very day so Cecily would have something special to mark the date. And to bring with her to school.

"Ah." Professor King began with an understanding nod. He then realised he had yet to ask something about Cecily's situation that should probably have been asked, "May I ask how much Alicia knows about your current situation?"

Cecily rubbed her eyes. "I'm really not sure. I told her about the note the day after he left. I've yet to fill her in on...things." She trailed off. "I'll have to tell her what I know...I'm not sure yet about how much I'll tell her from my memory," she said, ashamed.

Professor King sat silent a moment, not sure how to respond to Cecily's latter comment. He could sense her sadness -- though wasn't sure what to make of it. She had reason to be sad considering her memory, but this seemed to be about sharing her memory with Alicia. "I hope you're not ashamed of that memory - it proved your stength if anything."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back