OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily walked beside Nick out into the unseasonably cold night air. Her breath puffed out in front of her and unbidden a childhood memory came to her, her lips lifting in a slight smile.

(((How cold is it in the summer nights in new zealand? :-? )))

Professor King walked with Cecily towards the Greenhouses, pondering everything he had just learned, everything he had just experienced. It all seemed so surreal, especially that such a joyous person had endured so much, though he knew that masking pain was more than possible having done so himself on numerous occasions. He turned to Cecily, "So this thing in that picture, do you think it has anything to do with that memory?"

"Hmm? Oh...yes, I believe so. I didn't sense it until after Bearse had left. I don't understand the connection fully though." Her brow furrowed. "You don't think it could be a serious danger to the students, do you? I mean, they don't go into the forest right?"

( :lol: I added a word in there to explain it. :p )

"That's what one would like to think." Professor King began, "But there is no stopping what students become bound and determined to do." he explained, "Usually it's all in good fun, but if this thing turns out to be dangerous, well..." he trailed off thinking of everything that could happen to the students, or rather trying not to think of it and failing miserably.

"Oh,"she said, biting her bottom lip. She walked alongside him for a minute silently, thinking. "Seeing as how I live on the grounds now, I'll do my best to keep vigilant. May I call on you, if I see anything?" She hoped the situation wouldn't be dangerous. She wondered if they should just send out for the aurors and have it taken care of right away. Before anything bad happened.

"Of course." Professor King replied with a nod, though he hopped he didn't need to be called on. He hoped the thing had passed and wouldn't bother anybody but he knew this to be very unlikely.

"But you'll most likely be patrolling the grounds already?" she asked, grinning at him. "If anything happens, you'll probably already know about it,"she joked, nudging him gently with her elbow. She thought about it and would send her patronus to him and Alicia if anything suspicious happened. She'd worked hard to put new wards on her house. She was sure they would be enough, although it wasn't really herself she was worried about. She worried about the students and their impulsiveness leading them into danger.

'One can only hope." was the response to Cecily Professor King heard in the recesses of his mind but he opted not to say anything in response to her instead of saying something that would take them back to where they were moments early in the conversation.

Vici watched them with hungry eyes from within the forest edge. The young ones were useless. He hadn't sensed any strong ones yet. He was getting hungry. It made him desperate. When he saw the witch and wizard his pulse leaped.

'Those two. Perfect.'

He crouched down and ran around to circle them.

Professor King reached for his wand, "Cecily,I feel something." he began, galncing around them. He wasn't positive of what it was he felt, but he was willing to bet it would be whatever Cecily had seen by the forest's edge.

Cecily flinched, taking out her wand and grasping it within her hand. She'd been so preoccupied with her thoughts she'd tuned out of her surroundings. She raised her head and focused. "I feel it too,"she said quietly, stopping in her tracks and looking around them.

Vici circled them in the shadows. He had to pick one off before he could zero in on the other. Made his prey easier. The wizard had to go down. With swift steps he was upon him grasping at his wrists. He kept the wizard between him and the witch. No use hunting if he was picked off so easily. Vici was an ugly sight. His skin was translucent his teeth were sharp and his eyes were black and watery. He knew his face alone could scare anyone.

Professor King saw Vicci come towards him, almost gliding accross the grass and then latch on to his wandless wrist. He felt weak, hopeless, worthless. This was not the same effect a dementor had on people, this felt as though you would die if exposed to it for too long; not just lose your soul. He flicked his wand violently towards the being, "Prostatevo Apo Skotadi!" He bellowed, this ancient spell literally meant protect against darkness and was very rarely seen used, if ever. He had stumbled accross it shortly before coming to New Zealand and was glad for it.

Cecily cried out as the disgusting being came out of nowhere and latched onto Nicolas. She raised her wand and was about to cast a spell but Nick's back was to her. If she cast a spell, he'd be hit! She darted to the side and raised her wand to cast a spell when Nicolas cast his. She gasped in shock. That spell was ancient and powerful.

(My first compulsion to yell? 'Get away from my daughter, you b1tch! =))
Awesome spell!! )

Vici screamed in pain when the spell hit him full force. He flew back. He snarled his pointed teeth gleamed in the moonlight. He didn't dare lay there. The pain was horrible. His face felt like it was melting off. He needed energy. He needed it now! He screeched and ran at the witch. He grabbed her and latched onto her arms from behind. He'd drain her and retreat.

Cecily's eyes widened when the creature came toward her. She was still sluggish and slow from the emotional trauma she'd had to endure tonight. She tried to evade him but he grabbed her, moving inhumanly fast. She yelled, "Get off me!" Then she felt her energy draining away. She felt horrible, depressed and helpless. She struggled against it but felt herself getting weaker and weaker. She tried casting a spell over her shoulder. Nick's form was getting fuzzy, feet in front of her.

Professor King grinned as the being started to retreat but his grin faded as it attacked Cecily. He spun on his heels, following the thing with his eyes, his wand never relaxing. Did he want to cast the spell again? It couldn't hurt Cecily unless she was evil, was she? No. He knew that. He cleared his throat and in an instant cast the same spell as before, aimed at the being. he then moved towards Cecily; if the being fled he would help her; if it did not, he could attack again until it at last did.

Vici drained enough energy to heal. He wanted more. His fingers tightened on her arms. However he underestimated the wizard. He'd thought he'd weakened him enough. The wizard cast his spell. Vici shrieked and threw the witch at the wizard. He vanished.

Cecily felt herself being thrown bodily forward, she couldn't see anything. The creature had drained her energy, leaving her feeling a clump of horrid emotions and weak.

Professor King reached out and caught Cecily as she was thrust towards him, dropping his wand in the process. He figured standing might not be best for her at the moment and lowered her towards the ground. "Cecily, can you hear me? Can you speak?" Professor King inquired, keeping her head off the grass with one hand while calling his wand to him with his right.

Cecily faded in and out of the blackness pulling at her. She struggled to keep her eyes open before finally giving in. The blackness pulled her down until she couldn't feel anything anymore.

(((Oi Vey!!!!)))

Professor King shook his head and knelt on one knee. He put his wand over Cecily and figured reviving her immediately would be ill-advised. Instead he started to chant a healing spell. He had been trained to heal -- and passed all his tests though he never felt confident in his abilities to heal. The fact that somebody else's life could lie solely in one spell; or in his success with said spell scared him. It was fine when it was offensive or defensive; a lifetime devoted to such things taught you that you could succeed in them. But he had not devoted his life to healing. He continued the chant for a few more seconds before stopping and looking over Cecily. She seemed less pale. This of course could have been his utter optimism for the situation, but he truly hoped she would be okay. He knew he could bring her to the hospital wing, but it was late and she had just had a horrid experience. No, instead he summoned some chocolate from the hospital wing and once it arrived he cast Ennervate.

Cecily floated through the fog, feeling no pain and enjoying the experience. She wondered if she'd dream. Suddenly, she came to and her eyes popped open. Looking around her through a haze, she saw she was lying down...on the grass? Dear Merlin, had she fainted? Then she remembered that horrid beast attacking her. She groaned and lifted a hand to her forehead. Her cheeks pinkened in embarrassment when her eyes collided with Nicolas'.

"Chocolate?" Professor King offered with a grin, bringing the bar that came from the hospital wing towards Cecily.

Cecily gratefully took the chocolate and broke it in half, handing the other to Nicolas. She knew he'd need it too. She nibbled a piece before grinning. "Nicolas King, you're my hero,"she giggled. She rubbed at her eyes and ate her chocolate before trying to sit up. She settled for propping herself up on her elbows. "That's it," she said in an exasperated tone. "I'm going home." She sighed and ate the rest of the chocolate, feeling moderately better.

("Nicolas King, you're my hero." Guess the quote, from a favorite movie of mine...a classic. From someone's day off. :lol: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back