Upon Returning to School

"Nah," Estrella stated, "I like you. You seem to be a pretty neat person." She grinned broadly, adding, "Well, I don't like you any less for it." Smiling warmly, she wished that the weather outside was as warm as her disposition right now. It seemed that Jaken had been going through the same thing as her; he had not known her last year but she was pretty positive she might get accused of a personality split.

Jaken teased, "Pretty neat? Sounds like something a three-year-old would say." He laughed, letting her know that he was just messing around. Jaken thought for a moment and nodded, "At least I know how to mess with other people out of fun though. If they were to get to me." Jaken, to be honest, didn't really like being as cold as the weather or being in trouble constantly. He was happy that he had changed.

"Well-" Estrella started with a smirk, "Maybe three years olds have something going for them." Grinning broadly, she smiled back at Jaken, glad to have found such a great friend in this guy she had just met. Well, at least someone good to talk to in any case. "I guess that's a worthy attribute," she added to his last comment, her eyes trailing back to the lake.

Jaken shrugged, "Maybe they do. I have an almost three-year-old sister, but she doesn't talk, so I wouldn't know." Jaken nodded, "I bet it is. So, if you find someone in a...humorous predictament, you'll know who it would be." Jaken snickered just a bit.

Estrella smirked as she listened to Jaken, clasping her hands over her ears jokingly. "Don't tell me that, I'm a prefect!" she stated, chuckling a bit. "And one of the oldest ones to boot."

Jaken laughed at Estrella's response. Jaken smirked at her, "You'll have to catch someone doing the wrong thing sooner or later. I figured that I'll just give you a heads up if I were to be that person." Jaken tried to think of what he could do to someone to make is extremely humorous.

Estrella smirked. "But really, are you that desperate to be caught by me? I am quite of fan for making students write lines." Grinning slyly, she added, "Even if it was something funny. Just don't- hurt anyone, okay?" She didn't like people getting hurt above all things, especially on the butt end of a prank or vendetta.

Jaken laughed, "No, no, not desperate. I would, if I did do something like that, then I would want you to laugh at it." Jaken looked at the lake and back to her before saying, "I promise I won't hurt anyone if I did do that again. I'm not fond of that anymore."

Estrella smiled warmly back at Jaken, her brow furrowing in contemplation. But it really would do her no good to dwell on the pasts of others, as she was trying to make friends, not break them.

"Well, that's a good thing," she stated, smirking back at him. "You know, there are other ways to pull off humorous things than pranking on people."

Jaken laughed. He didn't know how to make things humorous other than pranking people. Jaken asked daringly, "Like what, dare I ask?" Jaken wondered what else could there be. His curiousity began to grow.

Estrella thought about it for a moment, pursing her lip. "Like, I don't know- what about telling jokes?" She really didn't have much of ideas, grinning broadly. But she was trying to look at the positive side of things too.

Jaken laughed softly, "Coming from a serious family, we don't really have jokes to tell. All we have is our sarcasm or smart mouths." Jaken shrugged. He didn't really know much about that. He smiled, "At least we do know how to have a bit of fun though. Even if some of it is bad."

"Isn't sarcasm a form of joking?" Estrella inquired, thoroughly confused, cocking her head to the side. She knew that in order to tell jokes, the person would most definitely have to be sarcastic. Personally, she was terrible at telling them, even if she was sarcastic from time to time. "Well, that's good," she stated, pulling off Jaken's jacket and handing it to him. Upon moving it from her arms she stated, "Thanks for letting me wear this." She shuddered, suddenly wishing that she had it back around her torso again- it was absolutely freezing out here!

Jaken shrugged, "If it was, I was totally unaware of it. And I'm not being sarcastic right now." Jaken grinned, "I just like to play music, it is my form of fun. And flying of course." Jaken took the jacket from her hand, however, feeling confused seeing her shiver. Jaken raised one eyebrow and replied, "No problem...but aren't you still cold?"

Estrella smiled encouragingly back at him. "That's good- well Jaken, I suppose I better get going." Indeed, their conversation had carried them well into sundown, and as a result it was getting even more unbearable outside. "But I really enjoyed this- it's something we'll have to do again sometime." Grinning, she added, "Maybe we can meet up at the pitch sometime this week?" She hoped that the boy wouldn't think she was trying to pull herself out of there, she was really enjoying herself but she also had some homework that needed getting done.

Jaken turned his eyes to the sun. It was setting, and the temperature was decreasing rapidly with every passing moment. Jaken smiled warmly, "I should too." He realized how saddened he felt knowing that their conversation, or first meeting, was cut short by time. He nodded, "Of course. Whenever I get my broom in, which shouldn't be too long from now, we'll head down to the pitch." Jaken then asked politely, "Should I walk you to the castle then?" He was acting like quite the gentleman.

Estrella gave Jaken a warm smile, which was definitely more so than the temperature outside. "It's pretty," she commented of the sunset, which was painted brilliantly across the edges of the mountains ridged along the lake. She felt a bit somber that their conversation had come to an end but luckily it was the beginning of the year. Even more so for her it was the beginning of a new friendship.

Grinning, she stated, "Why, that'd be very kind of you."

Jaken glanced at the sky once again and chuckled, "If you like those colors then..." He laughed just a bit. Jaken looked forward to the year, feeling like it will be an interesting one indeed. Jaken started up to the castlle with Estrella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back