UP!

"Bye Ginny." Kailey said and watched as Ginny soared to the hoops.

"Bye" Brian called out as he began to walk toward the shed and put his borrowed broom away.

Kailey waited there, her Sapphire Streak in hand.

Ginny came back to the ground and jumped off. she went to grab a quafflle. 'Bye,' she said again before heading out with the quafflle in hand and went over to the lake.

KAiley looked around and realized she was now the only one on the pitch. She decided to start walking back to the castle. But she hadn't made it that far when she tripped over her own feet and fell. She was ginunely surprised by this because she hadn't tripped over her own feet since last year.

[So, Now what?]

Edit: Oh Shiz, I meant to edit the post above, sorry for the double post!

((Oh well I figured we could either go back to the forum in the common room or start a new one, your choice!))

[Lets go back to the one in the common room.]

AFTER THE THIRD LESSON!

Brian walked out to the Quidditch Pitch with one of the school Brooms, He mounted it and began to fly into the air. This was the first time in a while he'd been out here, He could definately tell he was different now. He lapped around the feild a few times before attempting to go higher.

Andromeda had been sitting down by the Gryffindor stand tying her laces when she saw Brian come on to the pitch. She watched as he sat on his broom and kicked off. Andromeda smiled in such a short space of time he had improved his technique big time. She stood up and put her hand over her broom. "Come on Falcon, he can't have all the fun", she smiled. "UP" her broom swiftly rose into the palm of her hand, she mounted and kicked off.
She veared right and climbed steadily to fly alongside him. Then pulled back to keep pace.
"Hey looking good up here", she smiled to him.

"yeah! your not too bad either!" Brian laughed giving her a sly grin, he pushed forward playfully knowing that this broom was no match against her 'Falcon' but still wanted to tease her a little.

Andromeda grinned, so he wanted to play did he? She let him gain some bit of a lead and then with enough distance between them, she tilted her broom so that she climbed until her broom was over his and gliding nicely.
"Always knew I would be above you in something", she laughed down to him.

Brian tilted his broom downwards and began soaring towards the ground, For some reason he felt more like his grandfather than ever up on the broom. about ten feet from the ground he pulled his broom upwards causing him to do a backflip in the air, as he came back down he could feel how close he was to the ground, his feet were actually skimming the grass.

His heart was beating faster than a jackhammer as he sweated through all his clothes, he had no idea how he did it nor how to do it again. He'd done backflips on the broom before but never that close to the ground, part of him felt like he was going to faint. He simply looked up at Andy and smiled as he mockingly said "try that!" he said with a shaky laugh

Andy was in heaven now, she was out flying and with some one who was obviously getting the same rush from it as she did. In her element she laughed and shouted down, "You bet!"
Andromeda had only done something like that once and had ended up in the lake by their home, of course she had only her fathers old broom then. She knew she was more experienced now and her confidence was limitless on a broom, no matter how many falls she had over the last year.
She dived slowly at first and then very quickly pulled her broom up so that it arced at a 360o angle, she swooped lower again and pulled her broom into another one, but coming too low on the inversion she skimmed the ground too close. Her foot brushed against the earth heavily and she tilted forward, falling over her broom into a complete roll.
She landed in a heap on the ground and broke her sides laughing.
"That was brilliant!" she called to him.

Brian was very impressed that Andy was going to follow his move, after all he didn't think he could or would be able to do that again. When she fell over however Brian was worried. He flew over towards her and hopped off the broom as he touched the ground, he legs felt as though they would buckle.

She had been flying pretty fast and if she had injured herself Brian was sure they would both get into trouble. "ARE YOU OKAY!" Brian exclaimed, but after seeing her laughing, he figured she must have been. He began to laugh as well as he held out his hand to help her up "so have you done your detention yet!?" he asked.

"Detention no. I have to work for the groundskeeper. He has some special job for me so I have to wait until he's ready" she smiled accepting his hand and hoisting herself up.
She looked at his broom and reaching out took it from him then handed him her one.
"Your a good flyer, I've told you before it's not the tools that makes a great carpenter. Just like it's not the broom that makes a great flyer but it helps!" she smiled, "You're pretty good on this old thing so have a go on 'Falcon' but if you damage my baby, I'll perform the stupefy spell on you and I can now since class."
she smiled at him and straddled the school broom waiting for him to use hers.

Brian took a step back "no way, Falcon is your broom, besides I'm not a good flyer. I'm a fluke flyer!" Brian explained "anyways how do you do the 'stupify spell' I'll teach you 'Lumos' then when you take charms and I take DADA we'll be ready!" he said pulling out his wand and forgetting about flying,

"you've seen it before!" Brian exclaimed "but it's Ebony 15' with Pheonix Talon, what about yours?" Brian asked as he said "lumos!" and the tip of his wand lit up! "good for sneaking around at night" he said with an evil grin!

"I forgot! Wow that is so cool,"she beamed seeing him use the Lumos charm, "Wait here it's over in my robes", Andromeda ran over to the bottom of the stand she had been sitting at earlier and picking up her school robes put her hand into the pocket and pulled out her wand. She ran back to where Brian stood and held up her own wand, "Cherry/maple 13 3/4 essence of dragon's heartstring".
She felt very proud of her wand, it always felt the way Falcon did an extension of her, seimbiotic with her.

"I like it, NOX" Brian said as the light at the end of his wand went out "so teach me how to 'stupify!'" Brian said eagerly "I'll even let you Stupify me, I know you wanna do it!" he said with a smile!

"Oh, you bet I do", she smiled, "the only problem is Professor King revived those in class that were stupified we didn't. We were taught the Protego charm to defend against it but not how to actually undo the spell. I think it was so we wouldn't go around stupifying people."

"well how do you use the 'protego' spell, give me full details and then we'll try useing the clumps of dirt to practice with!" Brian exclaimed, he was excited for a chance to be ahead.

Andy smiled and nudged him,"Ok, but stand beside me I wouldn't want the grass to block the charm and hit you!" she teased.
Andromeda held up her wand then flourishing it with a circulour motion of her wrist she said the word clearly, "pro-TAY-goh".
A flash eminated from the end of her wand and hit a point in the grass.
"That's it!" she turned to look at him, "You cant really see it's effects unless you're shielding yourself though".

Kailey walked to the quidditch pitch with her Sapphire streak in her hand. She had decided she needed some flying practice before the Ravenclaw quidditch team's first practice so she doesn't look like an idiot infront of everybody. She stopped and thought, If I'm going to practice flying why not start now? with that thought she got on her broom and flew the rest of the way to the pitch before doing a lap around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back