UP!

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
After the first flying lesson fiasco, Brian didn't want a repeat. He borrowed a broom from the storage cabinet and laid it out next to him and began to shout "UP!" but again with no response, this was going to be a very long day since he was determined not to leave untill he had succeeded in making the broom go into his hand!

Violet was embarassed by what had happened in her flying lesson yesterday. The bruise on her ankle added to her mortification. So, she went to the Quidditch Pitch to borrow a broom, and to get the broom to do the first thing it should do: fly up to her hand.

When Violet reached the storage room, she was only slightly surprised to see a first year Ravenclaw boy (Brian, she remembered) that she had seen in some of her classes, including Flying. He was struggling to get the broom to obey the 'up' command, too. Violet gave Brian an understanding smile. She wasn't alone.

"UP!" Brian called out again starting to get frustraiting, it seemed like everybody else knew how to get the broom up into their hands one way or another, yet here he was unable to get the broom to go up a simple four feet. How was he supposed to get the broom up 50 or a hundred feet!? "UP!" he called out again, with not even a wiggle. Angry Brian kicked the broom and began to shout at it "Stupid Broom!"

Violet took a deep breath.
"Okay, broom. I don't like you, and you don't like me. But you're going to do as I tell you, because I'm the witch here!" She blushed. She must have looked so stupid, trying to reason with and assert herself over the broomstick.
She stretched out her hand. "Up!" she cried, knowing it wouldn't work. It didn't. The broom didn't move at all. "Up!" This time, the broom shifted a little, but wouldn't move towards her hand.

Ginny flew down to the pitch after seeing brian and another girl struggling. She wanted to help them 'Hi Brian.' she called as she landed near him and held her broom in her hand. 'having troubles?'she asked with a grin on her face.

"Oh, hi ginny" Brian said nervously as he saw the older student fly her broom. He felt embarassed by the fact that she could fly a broom yet he couldn't get his into his hand. "um.. no trouble... just the broom's been jinx that's all" Brian said giving the broom an evil look, "I'm just about to return it and get a new one" Brian mumbled

Violet stamped her foot in frustration. Why wouldn't it just work.
"Up!" she yelled. It was going to work. Or else.
Tentatively, the broom moved a little off the ground. Not all the way up to her hand, but it hovered. Violet grinned. She could do it. She could beat the broom.
"Up!" she said, confidently, and this time, the broom moved cautiously towards her hand, shaking a little.
"Well, that's a good start..." she muttered to herself, placing the broom back down on the ground to try again.

'Brian, your broom isn't jinxed. Your just not doing it properly,' ginny chuckled. 'What are you thinking when you ask for it?'

"it.. could be..." Brian mumbeled to her thinking about how maybe a dark wizard broke into the school to jinx his broom and discourage him from being a great wizard! then he went back to reality "well I don't really think of anything, I just say UP! and hope it does what it's supposed to do" Brian said trying it again with nothing as his result.

'take a tip from me. love your broom and think of it.' ginny said nicely. 'That's what worked for me not that i bother doing it properly now.' she added. 'Here' she placed her broom next to her on the floor and said feircely yet clearly 'Up!'. It shot to her hand and she grabbed it before it went back to the ground. 'You have to give it some feeling.'

Brian thought about what she said as he stood next to his broom, love a broom easier said then done. "UP!" Brian called out with nothing to show for it. He tried concentrating come into my hand broom, please come into my hand! "UP!" he called out again, The broomed wobbled like a dead fish. Brian was happy just to be able to get it to move!

'See.' ginny said happy that he was trying again. 'I take it you didn't like your fisrt flying lesson then.'she added.

Brian looked at her "well when your one of the only people that couldn't do it...." Brian said nervously, but it was more than just that. The thought of flying on a stick scared him alot more than even he knew and soon he would have to do it.

'hey, what if you were one of the only people who could do it first time then? How do you think that feels?' ginny said a little annoyed. she hated it when people compared themselves to others. 'Anyway, it's not so bad. i love flying.'

Brian considered what she had said as he continued to try and get the broom into his hand with more success each time, finally after fifteen times the Broom, hit him in the head and landed in his outstretched hand "I did it!" Brian sputtered a little dazed from the broom hitting him.

'Yeah as well as hitting yourself Are you ok?' ginny asked after she had finished laughing.

"Yeppers!" Brian said smiling as he placed the broom down again for another try "UP!" the result being the broom soaring up into his hand.

'Ok.You sure? you seem a little umm..'Ginny said trying to find a word.

"well it's a start at least" Brian said still smiling.

'yeah, it's a start,' ginny agreed. 'Now we have to wait for you to be able to fly.' Ginny stated.

Brian dropped the broom at the thought of flying. "well..." he said picking it back up "that's a lesson for another day isn't it" he said trying to keep his nerves down. He really did not want to fly.

'Of course. or you could always do it now but you'll probably want the professors help.'Ginny said jokingly. she was anoying him she could tell and she was enjoying it for some reason.

Brian looked her "your just trying to get me into trouble" he stated turning to walk away.

'get you in trouble? how does flying get you in trouble, please tell me?' ginny asked grabbing her broom and walking to his side.

"you know I can't fly!" Brian said "so your evil plan is to get me to try and fly and have me crash into the school and get into trouble" Brian said humorously to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back